It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Giant Finger discovered in Egypt? BILD.de Exclusive News

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I can't believe this total hoax thread is still up.
Not that this couldn't have happened in our Earth's past,
but this is totally off track and belittles the solid research that we actually have.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGenerationi've said all i have to say on this subject for now

edit on 11-3-2012 by robbyraw because: comment was off topic COMPETELY

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

LOL ofcourse the first comment would be THIS IS FAKE BLAH !!!!! way to go trying to keep an open mind ATS !!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
When Moses sent a spy from each tribe into "the promised land" they came back and said that they felt like ants, that they "came up to the knees" (in height) of the people occupied the land.
There is much more evidence of these "highbreds" such as complete skeletal remains, you just won't here about it in the mainstream news.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dign4it
When Moses sent a spy from each tribe into "the promised land" they came back and said that they felt like ants, that they "came up to the knees" (in height) of the people occupied the land.
There is much more evidence of these "highbreds" such as complete skeletal remains, you just won't here about it in the mainstream news.

not exactly, which bible translation were you using?

Numbers 13:1-33 New International Version (NIV)

26 They came back to Moses and Aaron and the whole Israelite community at Kadesh in the Desert of Paran. There they reported to them and to the whole assembly and showed them the fruit of the land.

27 They gave Moses this account: “We went into the land to which you sent us, and it does flow with milk and honey! Here is its fruit.

28 But the people who live there are powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large. We even saw descendants of Anak there.

29 The Amalekites live in the Negev; the Hittites, Jebusites and Amorites live in the hill country; and the Canaanites live near the sea and along the Jordan.”

30 Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.”

31 But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.”

32 And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, “The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size.

33 We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The 1 possibility I can think of as to why giants were mentioned or the possibility of giants could just very well be an exaggeration of above average heighted humans such as a clan of NBA type humans . The biblical translations say 'man of great stature and strength'. This could just be a warrior class of humans not commonly seen or a metaphor to how great of an army, weapons and fortifications. Also, back in those times clans stuck and reproduced together and didnt intermingle as much. So a clan of strong bodied tall people would just perpetuate under those mating conditions till one day they become a force. They must of seemed like gods to men.

When my friends and I visited China we were called giants when compared to the average 5'2 115 lb'der there. We were all over 6'4 ranging from 240-300 lbs. (ex football players and wrestlers). We were very menacing to some but I am sure if we visited Scandinavia or Texas we would fit right in and at times be dwarfed as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Here is an image to show you what type of humans may have walked the earth, not to mention that they could of been the first hybrid neanderthal /human cross.

Picture a race of these guys. An army coming at you with this great stature. Giants.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Allot of animals at some point (ice age and even after) where very large, so the change some people where as well, the change seems big, and just natural.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Extinct Giant Deer Survived Ice Age, Study Says
Saber-toothed cats, mastodons, giant sloths, woolly rhinos, and many other big, shaggy mammals are widely thought to have died out around the end of the last ice age, some 10,500 years ago.

More recently, however, evidence has emerged that at least two of the spectacular megafauna of the Pleistocene era (1.6 million to 10,000 years ago) clung on until recent times.

In the 1990s mammoth remains found on an island north of Arctic Siberia revealed the animals still roamed a tiny corner of the planet just 3,600 years ago. Tantalizingly, this was almost a thousand years after the first pyramids were built in ancient Egypt.

Now a new study, published tomorrow in the science journal Nature, suggests that another striking mammal, the Irish elk, likewise lived way beyond the last ice age.

edit on 12-3-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dign4it

Hyperbole. Just like the expression, "land flowing with milk and honey". Exaggeration is evidently a basic trait of all cultures.
If you are going to use the Bible as a reference than you must go back to the Deluge, the purpose of which was to rid the earth of the Nephilim and the wickedness that "filled the earth" at the time. It doesn't make sense for God to go to all the trouble of bringing about the deluge and then let the Nephilim survive only to die out thousands of years later.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

I also believe that may have been where the legends of dragons come from, Maybe

I think some of the legends of dragons could be based on dinosaur bones like the Pterodactyl.

But they could also be based on crocodiles and lizards.

Perhaps even large birds.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I don't think there is any doubt that these types of giants lived here at one time.
I just think the OP's example is complete garbage and has nothing to do with exposing the truth and everything to do with stunting our growth.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

I don't know but that was about the same size finger my doctor had at my recent prostate exam. LOL

Need much more evidence....

edit on 12-3-2012 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2012 by putnam6 because: Spell ing on iphone

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteelToe

reply to post by Stormdancer777

I also believe that may have been where the legends of dragons come from, Maybe

I think some of the legends of dragons could be based on dinosaur bones like the Pterodactyl.

But they could also be based on crocodiles and lizards.

Perhaps even large birds.

Last one is defiantly a Real Dragon

Draco volans
en.wikipedia.org...

Fooled by Nature - Draco Lizard

a Flying/Gliding Reptile Dragon .... Check

Gliding lizard Draco Volans
www.projectnoah.org...
All we need is a Giant Draco

just maybe Giants the ones that were like biblical Goliath around 9 to 12 feet tall just may of existed tho no Known skeleton remains has been discovered ( Publicly ) , tho there's tribe's in Africa that are just less then 5 feet tall Pygmies and Tribes that are No Less than 6 feet tall Maasai, Turkana, Samburu and Dinka Tribes

Exaggeration on some Humanoid Giants Myths of the 20foot Stature Kind ...

but there is irrefutable recorded evidence of a Man that was 8foot 11 inches a inch shy from 9feet

Robert Waldow

edit on 13-3-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Its a movie prop.
Look at this site.
www.thelostgod.com...
Now look at this site.
www.madmax.ch...

good job
at least one person here can google

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Perhaps interesting (it's in german language though). About giants evidence found (bones and foot imprints).
''The hidden human history - Klaus Dona''

edit on 16-3-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

Pugin why would you believe Klaus Dona?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Is there a reason I shouldn't? Don't know him really.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

I'd suggest you google him. Not really a good statesmen for reality or believability, imho

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SteelToe

I could have made a fortune during the dark ages taking that little lizard with the "wings" to the fairs and telling everyone it was a baby dragon. I can just see the unwashed masses paying good money to get a glimpse.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Yes you could! People made small fortunes selling narwhal tusks as unicorn horns.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join