It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Giant Finger discovered in Egypt? BILD.de Exclusive News

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

.....All theory. Fact: The bones found still missing. "Disco King" Spoerri decided in 2008 to a new life, gave up his profession, the puzzling discovery processed in his now published book "The Lost God. Day of Doom, "a mystery thriller in which showed the relic and a fictional story is told to solve the mystery of the supposedly well. The reality is different: "I am not a scientist," the author says honestly. "I've installed the relic in the novel, it deliberately evading the scholarship.

decided in 2008 to a new life, gave up his profession,

This part really sticks out at me. Not many people drastically change their lives unless they have a sure bet.
Either it is a real mummified giant's finger or this man has a good story and a great imagination. Maybe he designed it as a prop to accompany his tale. I can see PT Barnum smiling right now.

I'd like to believe that it is real though.

I wish those who were so quick to label this a hoax could relax your egos for just a moment and remind yourselves that we don't know everything nor have we discovered every treasure out there.

I'll agree that it's presented with little tact. He should've contacted a university or called Michio Kaku to see who he should take it to. I think he was afraid of getting ripped off or maybe even the government taking it. So, I try to ask myself what I would do if I knew I had this amazing, timeline altering proof that giants walked the Earth? The true Missing Link. This is the stuff that changes history and everything we'd been taught. The thought just gives me the chills.

It would be wonderful if DNA were taken and someone trustworthy examined the finger. So, I'll reserve judgement until I see this more closely analyzed.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2012 by Afterthought because: Mods, can you please fix the quote. Quote should end at "profession,"

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
If this was a finger the bone sticking out should not be broken but should be a knuckle.

I do see the knuckle, isn't that what the arc shape is (the female side of the joint....
edit on 10-3-2012 by Turkenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
If this was a finger the bone sticking out should not be broken but should be a knuckle.

maybe the finger was broken off?

the finger is missing a body, hope we can see the body.

nanu nanu

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There Were Giants Upon The Earth.
Zecharia Sitchen (Rest His Soul) would have been all over this.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Really?? 71 flags for this CRAP!!!

ATS.... hang your head in shame.

:shk: :shk:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
"woof, he'd have an enormous shvanshtucker."

"He'd be very popular with the ladies."

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

You obviously aren't a woman.
I'd run for my life! It would most certainly be a weapon of mass destruction.

If there is a body, I'd be interested in knowing if s/he had two rows of sharp teeth lining each jaw.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Apologies for the Young Frankenstien reference...couldn't resist : )
In addition to the two rows of teeth, what would also be interesting to discover was whether or not this finger was one of 6 on each hand.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I wonder if they checked it for a giant booger under the nail

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I chuckled a bit, when I read the story. I imagined an old Egyptian who uses a well-crafted fake giant finger, an x-ray image from his last hospital visit and an unreadable Arabic document to scam rich tourists with an old grave robber tale. At least the scammed and impressed tourists would have gotten an unique holiday experience.

But I think instead of an Egyptian scammer we have a Swiss con man. Spörri is not just an Disco entrepreneur and designer of aliens. According to his profile on amazon.de he has also modified ghost trains in the past. I agree with you, that this is probably just a marketing stunt, to plug Spörri's new book The Lost God.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Pull a picture off of a tabloid newspaper and post it on ATS and the kooks will flag the hell out of it. Deny Ignorance people.

I want to start a new label for these people. TTNTB Those That Need To Believe or how bout Need To Believe. Maybe call them NTB'ers. That would be anyone who ignores a rational or logical explanation in favor of the absurd one because - it reinforces there own fringe belief. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

V

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
just reflecting on what a mummified pointing finger would be doing in an Egyptian grave

if there were a whole mummified body why unwrap the hand and take just the pointer finger, as the thumb would seem to be easier to break off the hand

or was the finger a part of the grave 'treasures' that went with the human to use in the afterlife?
what use would be a 15" finger to someone in the underworld?
its not useful like dried foods or gold bracelets/gemstones or the dead owners hunting dog, etc

creating the mystique of ancestors as grave robbers, and only allowing a few photos in a setting is also mysterious...sounds like the lead in for a adventure tale in the indiana jones genre

my impression is that the time lag for publically showing the pictures is intended to distance the artifact from modern science and create the impression the item is a highly cherished & secret relic from antiquity

instead of just a movie prop (thanks JBA2848)

entertaining, somewhat of a mental stimulation...but not a find like the mummified "mermaid" in side shows in the past nor up to the sensation of the 'shroud' relic

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
"woof, he'd have an enormous shvanshtucker."

"He'd be very popular with the ladies."

interesting quotes..... i found these same words here:

www.actuarialoutpost.com › ... › Cyberchat › Non-Actuarial Topics
75 posts - 29 authors - Feb 15, 2011

Meshuga. 10-22-2002, 01:56 PM.
woof, he'd have an enormous shvanshtucker.
he'll be very popular with the ladies. --

were you Meshuga in 2002 in that other forum?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Clearly the couch is FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone filmed the Entire city of Agartha, Nod, or Gog and the inhabitants thereof, and came back with clothing samples, and maps............people would STILL cry FAKE!!!!

There is overwhelming evidence of Giants in the past. If you say really? Where? Do some research! In every culture it is documented, yet it is discounted. The problem lies in what the Truth reveals........in why bones and evidence is hurried off to secret vaults, in the name of Nat'l Security.

When you figure out why, you will understand what drives the Illuminati.................. why the Royal Bloodline interbreeds.............what is in the future!

1.bp.blogspot.com... AAAADUQ/qhhvPPUu9Hw/s1600/giants.jpg

"U.S. Republican Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich finds himself in "hot water" these days because of publicly stating that the Palestinians are an 'invented people.'

What was GOLIATH.......other than a giant? A Philistine

www.dailymail.co.uk... 318/Giant-North-Korea-soldier-How-created--did-they.html
Its all about hidden DNA - that makes it a Nat'l security issue!
www.youtube.com...
What lie is coming? That Earth was seeded by Aliens. I have to admit. Very Clever. But read a Bible - specifically Genesis 6 for the real story.
Whats Madonna's new album - promoted at the Super Bowl? M.D.N.A. = Martian DNA !!!

You are gonna get a boat load of this come the Olympics in London .....lets take a look shall we?
Olympics = Races & Races = Our Genetic Make up!!!
Why the Olympics? Mt. Olympus is home of the 12 Greek Gods.

Youth Olympic Games Ads - New DNA...a New Earth

www.youtube.com...
Per Wiki - "Yog-Sothoth is an Outer God and is coterminous with all time and space yet is supposedly locked outside of the universe we inhabit"
13 is occultic number and refers to a messiah. The 12 apostles + Jesus = 13. The 12 Olympian gods + Lucifer = 13. The 12 tribes of Israel + God = 13

YOG + 12 Olympians according to the Occult...are coming to rule from ZION (Jerusalem)
Doubt this? They don't. Lets take a look at the Olympic Logo:

What movie will be released halfway thru the Summer Games?

Where did this new DNA come from? A tree in the Garden of Eden...but it wasn't an actual tree was it! It was a living creature. They gave you hints in 'The Wizard of Oz'...
1) The Apple

2) The Yellow brick road........leads to WISDOM...The OCCULT = Hidden Knowledge.......here is another clue at the 2012 Olympics:

Meet the Olympic Mascots: Wendell & Mandeville

They represent an ALIEN species that IS coming to Earth
Letters on the Head: W & M = 33
Remember ZION (Jerusalem) in the symbology? This is where the Illuminati god will reign from....just as the Bible clearly for tells.
Wendell means Holy Monestary
Mandeville means Town or City
All together, the 2012 London Olympics tell the story of the son of Satan and 12 Titans (See Nephilim in Genesis 6/Bible) coming down from the Heavens to rule mankind from Jerusalem. Why Jerusalem? Because it was to be Gods Bride. New Jerusalem will be the Bride. See Rev 21

Credit to Acceleration1111.blogspot for several pics!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i'm inclined to think it's fake based on sporri's history

however i'm disappointed with some of the spurious reasoning
exhibited here

i'm talking about the rags/provenance argument

and the broken finger argument

if i may be blunt the locals consider ancient graves to be pagan [non-islamic]
and thus feel no compunction at all in mutilating and breaking up mummies into parts
[do the same with an islamic grave and the hypocritical outrage will burst allah's eardrums]

the whole idea is to sell a find in parts so as to get more money out of it

same thing happened to the dead sea scrolls they were found mostly in one piece
but were ripped up to squeeze the buyers for more money

archaeologists who've worked in the middle east and egypt are well familiar with this practice

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I will just make a note on the bone: this yellowish color is fitting, if you look at skulls they all got this yellowish color. Now the thing is that a lot of fake dead skin similar to this one can be made, so there is no proof that this specific finger is real. Other than that, it looks like it's been broken off the hand.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Can you imagine the size of the boogers that thing must have picked...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

That's some solid reasoning that had'nt crossed my mind and makes alot of sense to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

That is funny! But at 16 ft tall, I'd bet his "shvanshtucker" would be killing the ladies. He could use it as a weapon of mass destruction.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

No, just borrowed an old quote from the film Young Frankenstien.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join