It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AREA 51, America's book of secrets (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I am not sure if this has already been posted here before or not,I searched and did not find anything,So Hopefully this Documentary is new for you,as it was for me.

It aired on February 11th,2012 on the H2 channel,The History channels sister station,If it has already been posted please forgive this repeat.

It does not have anything necessarily groundbreaking or new contained within but I did find it to be entertaining and informative enough to hold my attention.

Enjoy!

Summary -

It is one of the most covert military bases on American soil, protecting the nation's most confidential research and development. For decades, the highest levels of government had denied its existence. But behind the barbed wire fences and surveillance cameras are secrets...Go inside the most famous secret military base on Earth to expose the high-tech security, undercover operations, and most outrageous claims surrounding the 575 square miles of "restricted" space.

What actually goes on at Area 51? Is there a connection between Area 51 and the Roswell event of 1947? Could there be a secret subterranean city underneath the barren desert? Have the conspiracy theories surrounding Area 51 been a smokescreen for controversial military projects? While the government may never reveal what it's really hiding at Area 51, many believe it is a place where truth is stranger than fiction.

Link
edit on 9-3-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Great film.

My only complaint is that this film speculates on what goes on at Area51 and the speculation that its secrets may be contained in a book that, as speculated, is passed from POTUS to POTUS. This books existence is total speculation!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I thought the show was really lame. Too much emphasis on Roswell and UFOs. Too many UFO and conspiracy personalities and not enough experts with real knowledge of the subject matter. Much of the show consisted of random images with narration that had nothing to do with the pictures.

There was little attention to detail. Photos of the B-2 were shown when the narrator was talking about HAVE BLUE, and aerial photos of Edwards were shown as if they were pictures of Area 51.

A lot of really good material never made the final cut. Very disappointing overall.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well that was painful.

As a FYI, the funny looking U2 in the show is Senior Glass. They still fly it at Beale.
www.clubhyper.com...

The guy who claims you can't drive to Area 51 is incorrect. If you hang out at the back gate long enough, you will see private vehicles that make the trip. I presume they have to park at the edge of the base. Without outting the owners, there are two vehicles from a deceased base worker that are still in Rachel. They have, OK, had sacred dust on them. ;-)

I can't believe so much of the video spent time on the faked moon landing. Everyone knows there are reflectors placed on the moon by man:
en.wikipedia.org...

This is probably the worst Area 51 documentary ever, and that is bad since there have been plenty of stinkers over the years.

Of all the Area 51 videos, I suggest the one in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Now the video itself is as stupid as any out there, but these clowns managed to catch an actual test at Groom Lake. Mind you it is not the flash that they try to sensationalize, which I am reasonably sure was a meteor. But the scene where the runway lights come on and the base darkens is exactly what you see when they do a test. It would be great to have the outtakes of their video to see what they captured.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I apologize for the pain the Doc. brought anyone

I was hoping for better myself,the usual suspects with Greer & Birnes,It could of been a lot better then it was.no denying that.

I should of paid more attention to it myself,for that alone,I sincerely am sorry

I am no Area 51 expert nor is it my preferred field of study if I was to be completely honest,so forgive me for my lack of common knowledge pertaining to some of the more finer details etc.

I only wanted to share hoping it was at the very least 'new" and unseen...turns out it was relatively 'new'...It just sucked

I will try harder next time to observe & evaluate any videos/doc.

Thanks for stopping by and giving your thoughts.

P.s.- I will have a look at that Doc. in the link you provided,Thank you for the heads up.
edit on 10-3-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the video,appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

No problem regarding posting the link. We are all better people for watching it, if only to spot the BS. With minor exceptions, nearly everything on youtube related to Groom Lake is crap, so my expectations are really low.

There is some guy who is a regular Nellis range visitor that uploads scanner audio from the range. Not the best audio since he doesn't tap the audio directly from the scanner but rather uses a microphone. But the content is good. He has caught a few Groom Lake tests.
www.youtube.com...

Audio only. No dramatic music. Real life research can be quite boring compared to BS like Lazar, Dulce, etc.

top topics

join