It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Things The Bible Forbids Other Than Homosexuality

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
But to some of us, there's no choice...gay or straight, that's just the way we're built.

That would be the holy grail of homosexuality. Proof that is in their DNA.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Disagreement is fine, but too often I see Christians taking it too far. Then it becomes verbal abuse, and while most cases of verbal abuse are not tolerated, against homosexuals it seems to be perfectly acceptable in our society. This is mainly because of religious freedom, which in these cases essentially acts as a free-pass to hate-promoting behavior.

I have no problem with Christians speaking their mind in a civil manner, but it never ceases to bother me when they decide to tell me how to live and such. I'm not a Christian and therefore I don't follow all of their rules, so beating me over the head with a bible is merely an annoyance. I'm not a horrible person, either. If striving to be a good person and help others is not enough to reap the rewards of an afterlife, well, I guess I blew it. But I will not bend over backwards to please anyone.

If you find my ways disgusting, that's fine, I find intolerance equally disgusting.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

But to some of us, there's no choice...gay or straight, that's just the way we're built.

I donno...I just take their word for it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Even as a homosexual, that is something I cannot do.

I do know that I had no choice with regard to attraction, and that I do have the choice to attempt to live as a heterosexual, but I cannot claim that the cause is 100% genetic since studies show that genes only have that effect some of the time.

Perhaps scientists have been looking in the wrong place, and its a gene possessed by the mother regulating hormone production during pregnancy, which causes children's brains to develop more along the lines of the opposite gender. Perhaps its the chemicals and hormones in our food. Perhaps its a combination of in-utero development and environmental factors. I'm only sure that we're not sure.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

There is no clear answer yet - - - but there are indicators. I've been following this a long time. One of the problems in this research is funding. There is nothing medically wrong or transmittable in being Homosexual/Lesbian. There is no threat to humanity.

Now that sexual identity/orientation is being seen more as "all shades of gray" - - rather then "black and white" (male/female).

Mystery Solved? Why Some Men Are Gay

Men may be homosexual because of their mother's genes. Scientists from the University of California at Los Angeles have found that the genetics of mothers who have multiple gay sons act differently than those of other women, reports HealthDay News.

Basically, it works like this: Every woman carries two X chromosomes, even though they only require one of them. So the human body routinely inactivates one of those X chromosomes at random. Normally, what happens is half of the X chromosomes go one way, while the second half go the other way. "It's like flipping a coin," study co-author Sven Bocklandt told HealthDay News. "If you look at a woman in any given (bodily) tissue, you'd expect about half of the cells to inactivate one X, and half would inactivate the other." someone-to-talk-to.net...:why-some-men-are-gay&catid=43:scientific-research&Itemid=63
[editby ]edit on 12-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Anyways, there are things that all humans instantly know are wrong (despite how much you might enjoy them, your conscience at one point was screaming at you) murder, theft, sodomy etc.

What the.....

How is sodomy wrong between two loving, consenting adults? Humans know it's instantly wrong? I see you're able to read the minds of every person engaging in a sexual act while it is happening. Uh, quite another baseless assumption by a bible thumper.

Everyone knows theft is wrong? Even if that piece of food or glass of water can save your life? You think starving children in the Sudan or western China think stealing a piece of clothing to keep them warm and a piece of food to keep them alive think it's wrong? I don't, and I'm human. Well, there goes another dumb assumption by a bible thumper.

Murder is wrong? All murder? If I came running at your mother or wife with a loaded gun, would that little voice in your head be telling you killing me is wrong?

But pretty sure when a priest takes a catholic alter boy behind the curtains to fondle him, a voice does in fact tell him it's wrong. Yet, it's happened repeatedly.

Such little logic, if any, resides in religion, and people like yourself prove it.
edit on 12-3-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Not really. We don't care why or how, just that we are and we didn't have a choice.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

God wouldn't make something a certain way, if it is contrary to what he wants.

Well, let's look at the most basic example of God making something, but forbidding it to humans.

"but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” - Genesis 2:17

God specifically forbade male on male sex in the book of Leviticus. God forbade Jews from shaving their beards. God also forbade human beings from acting as mediums for disembodied human spirits.

So in terms of physical and physiological traits, it is clear that God makes things that are contrary to his will.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

If the god that christians believe in made me gay and I had no choice in the matter, I don't see why they attack me for it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

You were not born gay.

Some people are born with a sexual attraction towards the same sex. However, there is nothing on the face of the earth that God cannot pull you from.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
reply to post by Garfee

You were not born gay.

Some people are born with a sexual attraction towards the same sex. However, there is nothing on the face of the earth that God cannot pull you from.

How ignorant can people be?

When children know as young as 5 years old they don't fit gender roles - - - tell me they are defying God somehow.

Remind me next time I see one of those commercials of "children in peril" - - to tell them God provides - - instead of sending in a monetary donation.

How ridiculous. What are you? A commercial for Reparative Therapy - - - that's been determined to be not only completely useless but harmful?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

You were not born gay.

Some people are born with a sexual attraction towards the same sex.

I just thought you ought to read your own words in case you don't know what a contradiction is.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You're calling me ignorant, but you're ignorant of what the scripture says. Like I said, being critical of somebody else's religion while not being critical of your own reading comprehension skills, does not constitute sufficient argument.

Annee, did you take the time to research what you were about to type? Gender confusion, what does that even have to do with what I said? I said God can bring you through anything, and gender confusion is manageable.

I think your purposefully did not mention the countless amount of Christian missions and charities because you don't have anything to talk about.!

www.worldvision.org...

www.compassion.com...

www.iocc.org...

Jesus says this:

"Rather, give as alms what is inside, and then everything will be clean for you!" - Luke 11:41

Those who follow Christ, should be emissaries for the LORD. They should spread his message, they should give to the poor, they should turn the other cheek, and love their neighbor.

What I'm trying to say is, that they ACT in the name of the LORD. ACTION!!! They're aren't just sitting on their ass.

reply to post by Garfee

I was very careful in wording that so that I would not produce confusion.

I don't know how I could have made that more clear. Being in homosexual relationships and/or having homosexual sex to me, means you're gay. This is separate from sexual attraction (not orientation) but related.

I think you, the OP, and others in this thread are trying very very hard to point out contradictions in things that aren't contradictory.

On the topic of homosexuality, the word gay has varying connotations; so let's please not play the semantics game.

edit on 13-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You're calling me ignorant, but you're ignorant of what the scripture says.

I DO NOT care what the scripture says.

There is ZERO real factual history of "mythical biblical Jesus".

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Annee, did you take the time to research what you were about to type? Gender confusion, what does that even have to do with what I said? I said God can bring you through anything, and gender confusion is manageable.

I have been reading/following/studying LGBT information for 20+ years. What about you?

Manageable would fall under "Reparative/Conversion Therapy"

Video: Conversion Therapy: www.youtube.com...

Gays are normal/natural as they are born - - as God made them. There is NOTHING that needs managing in relation to their normal/natural born orientation.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

The scripture he should be focusing on says Nothing about being gay...

Only paul protests it... Jesus does not...

Thus Paulianity rejects homosexuality CHRISTianity... should not

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I think your purposefully did not mention the countless amount of Christian missions and charities because you don't have anything to talk about.!

List of - - Non-Religious/Humanist/Atheist Charities: techskeptic.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
The scripture he should be focusing on says Nothing about being gay...

Only paul protests it... Jesus does not...

Thus Paulianity rejects homosexuality CHRISTianity... should not

Thank you.

Yeah - - - the real historical truth - - - has a much different meaning.

It is Man's own fear that twists reality into a myth to try to justify those fears.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

On the topic of homosexuality, the word gay has varying connotations;

Really?

And exactly what are those varying connotations?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Yes, I understand that. You made your point clear a couple pages ago. I chose not to respond then because that's not what this thread is about. Then you started cherry picking scriptures again. If you don't care, why do you incessantly bring it up?

I've been very patient in this thread, but from what I can tell Annee, you're critical, close-minded, biased and judgmental. You're prose is completely confounding, yea, that over-hyphenated, fragmented garbage you call rebuttals.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join