It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Big Earthquake In Less Than 40 Hours !

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
every thing is just luck , play cards for money , coincedence bull crap , law of prob. rules you out no stuch thing as coincedence. congrates !!!!!!!!!!!!!! the big cahuna is coming !!!!!!! ha ha , buy insurace now!!!!!!!!!!!! you might need it, cheap bet, you might get the whole pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SwissMarked

Yup. He got it right.
With odds of about 10:1. You have a much harder time rolling snakeyes, but it happens.

Now, if he had said it would happen in Vanuatu....

edit on 3/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

How exactly would you figure 10:1 that he'd be right and it would be in Vanuatu when most people came in here and mocked him for even making a prediction...

I use to do Trifectas on a regular basis but simply stopped and really never bothered explaining the how or why because I got tired of idiots saying it couldn't be done when I showed them over and over it could be...

If this guy was claiming to be an expert and was looking at all sorts of quake charts and then said to himself "hey you know what... Vanuatu gets a 7.0 about once every month and they're overdue... I'll throw out a prediction and if it doesn't hit on the nose I'll backpedal and make up excuses" then by all means shred him to pieces but it's constant naysaying that makes people not even want to bother figuring anything out because they get such a jaded view of people that they'd rather watch society as a whole get flushed down the drain and just take care of themselves...

Then when everyone is screwed what will be the first thing they'll say... "wahhhhhh why didn't anyone warn us"...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
4.8 aftershock

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
edit on 9-3-2012 by GLPbannedME because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Good for you bro, you def called that one as far as I'm concerned

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
here is the cluster i seen there last month cant remember what forum i posted in but here is some info

mynorthwest.com...

PORT-VILA, Vanuatu (AP) - The South Pacific island nation of Vanuatu continues to be jolted by several moderate to strong earthquakes after a magnitude 7.1 temblor hit last week.

Several earthquakes, including a 6.1 and a 6.0, hit Monday. Since the larger quake struck Friday there have been 20 temblors of magnitude 4.5 or above, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

Most have been centered near the 7.1 quake, which hit about 77 miles (124 kilometers) west of Port-Vila, Vanuatu's capital.

No tsunami warnings have been issued, and there have been no reports of injuries or damage. The region lies on the "Ring of Fire" _ an arc of earthquake and volcanic zones that stretches around the Pacific Rim. About 90 percent of the world's quakes occur in the region.

i think its the same forum i suggested a NZ quake this year
edit on 9-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GLPbannedME

Yes this is perfectly normal. They are different feeds and 4 from USGS which happens because as they change the data and often give new numbers the Global Incident software is not intelligent enough to deal with it.

Pacific wide tsunami?. Very unlikely in this area at that magnitude ut there was probably a local one.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

You can expect a mag 6+ aftershock there, possible even for another 7.

There are several instances of doubles in Vanuatu.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

How exactly would you figure 10:1 that he'd be right and it would be in Vanuatu when most people came in here and mocked him for even making a prediction..

He didn't give a location.

It was a from the hip calculation. Let's refine it.

An average of 16 7.0+s annually. There are 219 forty hour periods in a year, so the actual odds would be closer to 1:14 that such a quake will occur in any 40 hour period.

Still much easier than rolling snake eyes (1:35).

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Yes this is perfectly normal. They are different feeds and 4 from USGS which happens because as they change the data and often give new numbers the Global Incident software is not intelligent enough to deal with it.

Pacific wide tsunami?. Very unlikely in this area at that magnitude ut there was probably a local one.

Cool. Thanks for the insight! I'm fairly new to the charts and graphs but LOVE to learn!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
kudos OP.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The odds are closer to 24:1.. so good prediction.. not sure about the solar storm theory.

Edit.. my bad.. 12:1.. I was calculating by 1 day and not 40 hours.. still congrats on the prediction.
edit on 3/9/2012 by Morpheas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
6.9 to 10.0 ,big cahuna coming from march 11 to march 24 window , this was a toy quake this person hit on a nail head. 188 key!!!!!!!!!!!

link   

Originally posted by Phage

How exactly would you figure 10:1 that he'd be right and it would be in Vanuatu when most people came in here and mocked him for even making a prediction..

He didn't give a location.

It was a from the hip calculation. Let's refine it.

An average of 16 7.0+s annually. There are 219 forty hour periods in a year, so the actual odds would be closer to 1:14 that such a quake will occur in any 40 hour period. Still much easier than rolling snake eyes (1:35).

Just shut the ***** up already?

It's ATS, let people spinn off each other!

link   
reply to post by Screwed

Incorrect actually. Phage was and is still correct that there is no evidence of a connection between geomagnetic storms and major earthquakes otherwise do you really think it would not have been discovered by the scientists and used for earthquake prediction? Just have a think about what you are suggesting.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Like it or not....believe his reasoning or not...haters need to stop hating and give the OP applause.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This is a rare thing (an ATS prediction coming to fruition)
Good Job OP! When I first saw the thread I thought "here we go again" and I didn't even read it. I got tired of all the chicken little threads , this one was actually legit though... PM me the Powerball & Mega Millions Lotto numbers for this week , thanks in advance!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by oldrockinchair

pray to god if you are smart enough to have one, the big one is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Agreed. Congrats OP...Well done. Don't let the haters scare you from posting your next prediction! Thanks!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Screwed

Incorrect actually. Phage was and is still correct that there is no evidence of a connection between geomagnetic storms and major earthquakes otherwise do you really think it would not have been discovered by the scientists and used for earthquake prediction? Just have a think about what you are suggesting.

Am I wrong that this isn't in the predictions forum? He PREDICTED it. It happened....solar flare or not, he hit it. When was the last 7+ eq?

Exactly.......Scientists lololol. Scientists get the weather WRONG everyday.

I love and respect you puter, but for the love of god, can you and phage get together...over pizza...and agree to give people people props once in a while? If it doesn't come from your two's mouths, apparently it isn't true.

The OP got ridiculed beyond belief for his prediction. It happened. And two of the most respected members give him NO credit. Maybe there is more to it than YOUR understanding.

edit on 9-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by oldrockinchair
reply to post by oldrockinchair

pray to god if you are smart enough to have one, the big one is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The big one (8+) comes almost every year.. but not always in populated areas.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join