It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Big Earthquake In Less Than 40 Hours !

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Correct.. just because there is an article on it..
doesn't make it so.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

The Earth's own magnetic field also has a say on the matter, and whether it is strong or weak will influence how strong and when an earthquake can be triggered.

ORLY? Please prove that.

Do you actually know what a nano Tesla is?

The Suns magnetic field is about the strength of a fridge magnet. Don't believe me? Try Dr Tony Philips of Spaceweather

link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by amongus

And you know it has nothing to do with the geo-storm exactly how?

Would you bet your life and family on it?

Out of the six in the past 6 months, only this one occurred during a period of significant geomagnetic activity.

Tell, me. What should I do to protect myself and my family from an earthquake which may (or may not) occur somewhere on the planet during the next geomagnetic storm?

I'm not here to tell you what to do to protect yourself. That would be a different forum.

That being said, don't doubt my respect for you. I just happen to disagree on this point. Thanks for giving the op his due props.

edit on 9-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

The Russians have always said there is a link.

If you read through those papers carefully you will find they do not prove it and there are myriad circular references.

Note however that they refer to the Solar Cycle and NOT the flares.
edit on 9/3/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Are the Chinese, and Europeans wrong as well?

Annales Geophysicae (2003) 21: 597–602
c European Geosciences Union 2003

High-energy charged particle bursts in the near-Earth space as
earthquake precursors
S. Yu. Aleksandrin1, A. M. Galper1, L. A. Grishantzeva1, S. V. Koldashov1, L. V. Maslennikov1, A.M. Murashov1,
P. Picozza2, V. Sgrigna3, and S. A. Voronov1
1Space Physics Institute, Moscow State Engineering Physics Institute, Kashirskoe shosse 31, 115409 Moscow, Russia
2Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Rome ”Tor Vergata” and INFN Sez. Rome2, via della Ricerca Scientifica 1, I–00133 Rome, Italy
3Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Rome ”Roma Tre”, via della Vasca Navale, 84, I–00146 Rome, Italy
Received: 21 July 2001 – Revised: 21 May 2002 – Accepted: 11 July 2002

Abstract. The experimental data on high-energy charged
particle fluxes, obtained in various near-Earth space experiments
(MIR orbital station, METEOR-3, GAMMA and
SAMPEX satellites) were processed and analyzed with the
goal to search for particle bursts. Particle bursts have been selected
in every experiment considered. It was shown that the
significant part of high-energy charged particle bursts correlates with seismic activity. Moreover, the particle bursts are observed several hours before strong earthquakes; L-shells of particle bursts and corresponding earthquakes are practically the same
. Some features of a seismo-magnetosphere connection model, based on the interaction of electromagnetic emission of seismic origin and radiation belt particles, were considered.

Key words. Ionospheric physics (energetic particles,
trapped; energetic particles, precipitating; magnetosphereionosphere
interactions)

hal.archives-ouvertes.fr...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Yes.
We've been through this more than once.
Your various sources say that sometimes more solar activity causes more earthquakes and sometimes less solar activity causes more earthquakes and sometimes it causes flooding and sometimes it causes droughts.

Not much use for predicting anything.

Like hurricanes and tornados, hell like predicting weather.
It's not an exact science, but it still is a science.
It's about energy build up, once we can meassure that process in some way, it will become clear that solar activity does have effect.
Look at it like filling a bucket with water. Sometimes it gets filled wit a glass of water and sometimes with another bucket. But at some point it will run over.
edit on 9-3-2012 by GrouchyGrouch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
And let's not forget, once again, this was in the predictions forum.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Amazing how you just read what you want to read.

Those are Russian as well. Don't get this muddled up with research on ionospheric disturbances before major earthquakes being conducted by the Japanese and I believe Chinese. Not the same thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

You seem to be confusing cause and effect.

That article is talking about earthquake precursors.

The explanation of this phenomenon is based on the local disturbance of radiation belt particle flux caused by ultra low frequency (ULF) electromagnetic emission (EME) of seismic origin (Aleshina et al., 1992; Galper et al., 1995).

There is nothing in it about geomagnetic or solar activity having an influence on seismic activity.

edit on 3/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Just like to mention - Time is not up yet!!!

Congrats to you OP well done I hope you are awarded a few more flags from all members

edit on 9-3-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

By the way here's Dutch Sinse' Opinion:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Just like to mention - Time is not up yet!!!

Congrats to you OP well done I hope you are awarded a few more flags from all members

just like i said....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

You seem to be confusing cause and effect.

That article is talking about earthquake precursors.

The explanation of this phenomenon is based on the local disturbance of radiation belt particle flux caused by ultra low frequency (ULF) electromagnetic emission (EME) of seismic origin (Aleshina et al., 1992; Galper et al., 1995).

There is nothing in it about geomagnetic or solar activity having an influence on seismic activity.

edit on 3/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Then it must be true.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Amazing how you just read what you want to read.

Those are Russian as well. Don't get this muddled up with research on ionospheric disturbances before major earthquakes being conducted by the Japanese and I believe Chinese. Not the same thing.

Those are Russians as well?... did you stop to actually read who authored that particualr paper?...

If you would have read instead of allowing your bias and closed mind to speak for you you would have also read...

P. Picozza2, V. Sgrigna3,...
2Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Rome ”Tor Vergata” and INFN Sez. Rome2, via della Ricerca Scientifica 1, I–00133 Rome, Italy
3Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Rome ”Roma Tre”, via della Vasca Navale, 84, I–00146 Rome, Italy
Received: 21 July 2001 – Revised: 21 May 2002 – Accepted: 11 July 2002

Not to mention that I gave other peer-reviewed research as well, and yes some of them are Chinese....

Variations of the cosmic ray fluxes as a possible earthquake precursor

by A L Morozova, M I Pudovkin, T V Barliaeva

Physics › Nuclear Physics Papers

Physics and Chemistry of the Earth Part A Solid Earth and Geodesy (2000)

Volume: 25, Issue: 3, Pages: 321-324
ISSN: 14641895
DOI: 10.1016/S1464-1895(00)00050-8

Available from www.sciencedirect.com

or Find this paper at:

Abstract

Variations of the air pressure, cosmic ray fluxes, sunspot numbers, and interplanetary magnetic field in connection with strong earthquake occurrences are studied. The results of this investigation permits one to consider the variations of the cosmic rays as one of the possible cause of air pressure variations and one of the possible earthquake precursors.

www.mendeley.com...

BTW, even Russian and Chinese scientists have had to get degrees in what they research. What is your degree on that you want to claim you don't want to believe what the Russians, the Chinese have to say?... and i am CERTAIN that you will TRY to make some similar excuse for every scientist who wants to contradict you...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Ignore this post ......
edit on 9/3/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Did this earthquake make it within the 40 hour prediction time frame ?

Have you not read any of the past three pages of this thread?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

As is clearly obvious by my post .... NO, I had not !
I did however read the previous 10 odd posts on THIS page and saw NO mention of this particular quake ... so I posted.

Anyway, I've edited my original post accordingly.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

As Phage and I have both pointed out that is not the same thing, nd yes I looked the first one and it was Russian.

I have to go and do some work so enjoy yourselves talking about the 6.8 caused by the solar flare.

Oh by the way

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Mag 6.7 confirmed by USGS

Bye.
edit on 9/3/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
BTW, if you do trust Japanese scientists...

Explosive volcanic eruptions triggered by cosmic rays: Volcano as a bubble chamber

Toshikazu Ebisuzakia, , , Hiroko Miyaharab, Ryuho Kataokaa, Tatsuhiko Satoc, Yasuhiro Ishimined
a RIKEN Advanced Science Institute, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
b Institute for Cosmic Ray Research, The University of Tokyo, 5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277-8582, Japan
c Japan Atomic Energy Agency, Tokai, Naka, Ibaraki 319-1195, Japan
d RIKEN Computational Science Research Program, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
Received 25 September 2010. Revised 3 November 2010. Accepted 10 November 2010. Available online 18 November 2010. Editor: M. Santosh

Abstract

Volcanoes with silica-rich and highly viscous magma tend to produce violent explosive eruptions that result in disasters in local communities and that strongly affect the global environment. We examined the timing of 11 eruptive events that produced silica-rich magma from four volcanoes in Japan (Mt. Fuji, Mt. Usu, Myojin-sho, and Satsuma-Iwo-jima) over the past 306 years (from AD 1700 to AD 2005). Nine of the 11 events occurred during inactive phases of solar magnetic activity (solar minimum), which is well indexed by the group sunspot number. This strong association between eruption timing and the solar minimum is statistically significant to a confidence level of 96.7%. This relationship is not observed for eruptions from volcanoes with relatively silica-poor magma, such as Izu-Ohshima. It is well known that the cosmic-ray flux is negatively correlated with solar magnetic activity, as the strong magnetic field in the solar wind repels charged particles such as galactic cosmic rays that originate from outside of the solar system. The strong negative correlation observed between the timing of silica-rich eruptions and solar activity can be explained by variations in cosmic-ray flux arising from solar modulation. Because silica-rich magma has relatively high surface tension (~ 0.1 Nm−1), the homogeneous nucleation rate is so low that such magma exists in a highly supersaturated state without considerable exsolution, even when located relatively close to the surface, within the penetration range of cosmic-ray muons (1–10 GeV). These muons can contribute to nucleation in supersaturated magma, as documented by many authors studying a bubble chamber, via ionization loss. This radiation-induced nucleation can lead to the pre-eruptive exsolution of H2O in the silica-rich magma. We note the possibility that the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo eruption was triggered by the same mechanism: an increase in cosmic-ray flux triggered by Typhoon Yunya, as a decrease in atmospheric pressure results in an increase in cosmic-ray flux. We also speculate that the snowball Earth event was triggered by successive large-scale volcanic eruptions triggered by increased cosmic-ray flux due to nearby supernova explosions.

www.sciencedirect.com...

edit on 9-3-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

So a typhoon caused the eruption of Pinatubo.
Ok.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
All i can say that I did not feel anything. All i can say is that I have not been feeling the greatest myself.Maybe because of the solar flare.But a massive earthquake will happen soon but I highly do not think because of a solar flare.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
reply to post by amongus

As is clearly obvious by my post .... NO, I had not !
I did however read the previous 10 odd posts on THIS page and saw NO mention of this particular quake ... so I posted.

Anyway, I've edited my original post accordingly.

Lol, gotcha....not hating. It was a wtf moment since I've been absorbed into the Puterman phage debates about the legitimacy of the OPs prediction.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join