It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Big Earthquake In Less Than 40 Hours !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Just wondering why you picked 40 hours? I would think that once the CME arrives (34-42 hrs post eruption) that a geo-effective "wave" might not have an instantaneous effect but rather require a "lead-time" before affecting the earth's sub-structure and becoming visible at the surface.

Just thinking out loud; carry on.

Cheers!
edit on 8-3-2012 by LetsGoViking because: spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

Thanks for putting your prediction out there for us to see ahead of time. It will be useful to see what happens. Don't worry too much about the nay-sayers. At least you have the balls to make your prediction public.

edit:
2012-03-08 18:21:38 (Mb 5.1) IRAN-IRAQ BORDER REGION 32.9 47.0
2012-03-08 20:03:20 (Mb 5.3) MINDORO, PHILIPPINES 13.5 120.4

(still waiting for something bigger)
edit on 3/8/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Solar Flares Do Not Cause Earthquakes
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It even say on USGS

FAQs - Earthquake Myths

« Previous FAQ | All FAQ's | Next FAQ »
Q: Do solar flares or magnetic storms (space weather) cause earthquakes?

A:

Solar flares and magnetic storms belong to a set of phenomena known collectively as "space weather". Technological systems and the activities of modern civilization can be affected by changing space-weather conditions. However, it has never been demonstrated that there is a causal relationship between space weather and earthquakes. Indeed, over the course of the Sun's 11-year variable cycle, the occurrence of flares and magnetic storms waxes and wanes, but earthquakes occur without any such 11-year variability. Since earthquakes are driven by processes in the Earth's interior, they would occur even if solar flares and magnetic storms were to somehow cease occurring.

earthquake.usgs.gov...
However, it has never been demonstrated that there is a causal relationship between space weather and earthquakes.

Need more explanation see link at the top

Wonder why there is so much BS and disinfo out there...

edit on 8-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Interesting prediction and I think a big one is coming also. I think March-May might be very bad. With Earthquakes and an attack on Iran and Syria. I think a lot of people know WW3 will originate in the Middle East and it's not a matter of if but when.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I predict that I will go to work tomorrow!

I bet it will happen! I better buckle up while drivin' there too!

-.-

No offense, but this could be a off-topic disscussion...

Earthquakes are so rare to happen to after a solar boom, it's rare like you winning the Mega Millions Lottery.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

Solar Storms DONT CAUSE EARTHQUAKES! Seriously come on man.

If a big earthquake happens in the next 2 days I will eat my hat.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

I put two and two together right after the Japan Quake and noticed since then that this theory does not equal 4. It would be nice if it were that easy and I am in no way saying a big one wont be around the corner...but Puterman on
www.abovetopsecret.com... Quake Watch quickly showed me the data when I thought I had figured out what no one else could.

If he doesn't come to this thread... take it to Quake Watch and ask him for the data. Solar flares may indeed be a part of the mix but it is not exact science to make it complete and say this is why we have major EQ's. Strong Solar flares happen without a big EQ. They just do.... I thought I had figured out a big one comes after 2-4 days... but.. after paying attention to the data for over a year now... it doesn't add up.

Time will tell though. I hope your prediction is a fail...but if it does come true...there is no damage and no loss of life.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Anim8tr

Since you stuck your nose in:

The prediction you made and others who do the same is why I joined ATS.

They aren't "predictions" if they don't come true. Name one that has? He likes to make stuff up for "a laugh" and you joined to piss people off, like you say:

Well that and to piss off conservatives.

Anim8ator does it for laughs

Hmmm, to get a laugh. I see. Do you guys ring door bells and run away too? Giggity...

...these people rarely remember what they've posted let alone what prediction
you've made. Predict away, that is what ATS is all about.

Whoops. What was I talking about? Oh yah, hoaxing on the boards for giggles and to piss people off. The fool and the clown... go guys!

And you were not being doomish in any way.

How could you be? Your playin....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hmmmm 24 hours left. I wish you would at least put the "dots" out there so that we could try and connect them to come up with some sort of rationalization for this "prediction".

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This place is getting more and more like a Grade School playground every day. Most of the posts on this thread are off topic or childish arguing.

Go to your rooms and no TV tonight

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
2012-03-08 18:21:38 (Mb 5.1) IRAN-IRAQ BORDER REGION 32.9 47.0
2012-03-08 20:03:20 (Mb 5.3) MINDORO, PHILIPPINES 13.5 120.4

They seem to be growing.
2012-03-08 22:50:08 (Mb 5.8) SOUTHERN XINJIANG, CHINA 39.4 81.4

I'll put my guess in for southwest Asia.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wewillrise77

Solar flares against earthquakes as requested. I did these some time ago now and it covers about 3/4 of a year.

2010 Mar to Apr

Apr to May

May to Jun

Jun to Jul

Jul to Aug

Aug to Sep

Sep to Oct

Oct to Nov

and finally Mar to Apr 2011 Tohoku-Oki

Sorry, that is all I have done so far.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi MamaJ, I need to dig up muzzy's data as he studied this in depth so i will come back on when I have found it.

The long and short of it seems to be that whilst the solar cycles appear to have an effect on the level of earthquakes, these are themselves driven by the Grand Conjunctions amongst other things. There are often more and stronger flares in low sunspot times and this agrees with a theory we are working on that suggests that there are fewer earthquakes in high flare activity. The high sunspot activity is a closer match to the larger earthquakes.

But it is all just a theory at present!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
I'm going to go with near Vancouver B.C. I'm thinking 7.5 - 9.5 just to outdo the OP!

My reasoning is that in the movie 2012 they made a reference to it happening in 2010 or something. The reason for the difference in years is they stopped H.A.R.R.P. because of the movie and to many people knowing of it. TPTB will now do it cause, that's what they do!

You may end up being closer than you know, but not in 40 hours.

40 Months perhaps?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

If you can't gather a conclusion from 1973-2008 then how are you doing to draw one from 1973-2012?

Actually not true. 1973 to 2008 just manage to exclude the two high points in the cycle and thus are not good as a statistical period.

1960, or better 1952 to 2012 to round it up would give a much more accurate analysis as it would include Chile, Alaska, Kamchatka and other at one end and Chile and Japan at the other. This also happens to run with the ~55 year solar cycle approximately which is 3 x 18 year Grand Conjunction cycles which are suppressed in between by other factors.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

You are not tracking solar flares.
You are tracking geomagnetic activity...at a single location.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I am fully aware of what I am tracking thanks Phage and I was not knocking your data, nor was I drawing any conclusions from the graphs I displayed. I just posted them because they were relevant in some respects.

If you would prefer it I could go into depth about the particular area that was facing when the flare hit (which is what affects that instrument by the way as you well know) however since your data was applied using sunspots and not geomagnetic activity as caused by solar flares I actual think mine is more relevant since we are not even looking at the same thing.

The whole point of this thread was a prediction based on a flare and NOT on sunspots.

As it happens I do agree that there is little evidence, but not because of sunspot activity.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Countdown... zero minus 12 hours..come on baby.........holding my breath

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

I agree with the OP, but I give it 72 hours. I also think it's going to be massive and most likely around the Ring of Fire.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join