It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your philopsophy/religion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Mishmash for sure.....

So when I was growing up I had a older catholic brother who used to drag me to mass constantly. I never got it.....

So finally I asked my agnostic Masonic dad about god and he told me to go to the library and read about each religion and pick one.

I read them all I liked them all, but I had faith in none of them. I was really down with the Tao....it was my fave.

Became a angsty existentialist/atheist

That did not work, got introduced to Wicca/paganism....loved that because I love nature!

But still had no faith....

Finally had a "mystical experience" and "got faith"

gave Christianity a second try, liked it much better the second time around.

I still study different religions now, just because i think it is interesting to find similarites between them but not cause I am searching for the "right one".

I cannot be "just one religion" they all speak a greater universal truth to me....different languages but they translate the same meaning to me.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

I agree with you, as I believe we can all pull something positive from each religion.

They all have their positive messages, which are great. However, it is the practices I don't all agree with, and the attending church, stuff like that. Although I can say I do like church for the social aspect, the spiritual aspect misses me everytime.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I believe in something that I made up called Quantum-Perspective Theology. Take string theory, which basically says that there are multiple universes, and think about how there could be different possible futures.

Then, through quantum physics, allow the soul to *choose* between possible futures he or she wants. This is how free will works, and I call this the "life force" which creates and brings order to the chaos. I have written a report on this that even examines the exact mechanisms in the brain that allow this to happen.

It gets a lot more complicated than that, but basically it uses science to defend the innate worth of each human (or plant / animal) life in order to protect against a future where science decides that humans are only worth what they produce.

I hope to fully develop the philosophy one day in order to protect us in a world where God is forbidden, to join spirituality and science.
edit on 8-3-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Hi there again, dark.

I love your posts! You possess very unique viewpoints about things. Science and Spirituality living in perfect harmony.

Beautiful, to say in the least.

Going to call if for the night you guys, I hope this thread continues, as I am surprised and awed by the responses I have recieved. Will be looking forward to reading more upon my morning tea tomorrow(today, really. hehe)

edit on 8-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: To say goodnight

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

. . . what brought about our Creator's first conscious thoughts, and what brought about our Creator's consciousness in general.
Although it is probably far too complex for me to understand in this human form.
When I had my NDE though, it was as if I understood the secrets and complexities of the universe all at once. Upon awakening to the human form again though, I'd forgotten it all, but it made so much sense when I was plugged back into the Source.
I don't think it is that complex. I mean I think we are meant to be able to understand it, that is, what exists now. I have always thought that what the source is behind what is, is an emotion, the desire to be. If you were not, but could think about what you would want to be, and had eternity to think about it, you would have something very complex in mind, when you decided to act.

The general idea that we are left with, was there was matter, but it was completely inert, meaning there was no motion to it, so it was dead, and just sat there doing nothing, but it was something, and there was this thought not attached to anything which existed. What needed nothing (or, had no need for anything), out of desire, took ahold of something, and applied itself to it and set matter into motion and became its mind, so to speak, and it became a great whirlwind that built upon itself to take shape as it had planned.
The important thing is that there comes a time within this process that things have to be differentiated, so that at a point, the material ceases to have that great mind integral with it and it has to continue with what it had been given, while aspects of the original thought have to form the great spirit beings, and then its affiliate entities.
Back to the important thing, built into this whole scheme is this impossibility for perfection, and this allowance for a necessary residual chaos that has to work itself out over a huge length of time, to us, forever.

Of course this does not answer your question. Somewhere inside ourselves is the answer, since we are that nonexistent thing which wanted to be, and it is in others and it is in God, meanwhile the physical thing which was once inert is careening on in its eternal pursuit of perfection where we must hold on to survive until that last day, when it comes about.
edit on 8-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
reply to post by NotSmilingAtYou

I had this same revelation during my near death experience the answers were so easy and so right in your face I laughed. Once I came back they were not gone just forgotten but I understood that that was the way it was set up and everyone at some point had agreed to it.

Exactly. I remember thinking wow how earth is configured is so amazing for learning. See people don't think Earth is for learning but when you see how different we are i.e there is not pain,anger, appointment or worries then it's easy to see how learning these emotions will help a 2d soul become a 3d soul for lack of better words. As well as in an safe (believe it or not) environment that isn't contaminating our natural home.

When are consciousness comes back to Earth it goes through a filter of sorts, same when we sleep we travel and forget what we did. because we are all in one moment. I remember that we plan certain events to happen in our life before we came here but are not allowed to remember because it defeated the purpose. I do remember what the other side looks like do you Ladysophia, we are just basically energy and sounds but we can morph into any previous body's appearance we have had. And my soul group where so funny...I usually lose people when I say that because they think it's too fairy tailish. You cannot fail to learn as a soul and grow whist in a human body, no matter what your doing. While on Earth your growing, period.

There are a hundred reasons we are not allowed to remember why were on Earth here are some:
-It would negated real emotions/reactions to life.
we would kill ourself's going from from having a soul group who know you inside and out and are perfect friends while living in bliss to life in -a meat suit in low vibrations...we would just bail every time things got hard.
-The memories of previous past life's would destroy your human brain, as we have had mmmmany and some will -be real bad.
-Karma, karma is real and not your enemy it is a divine source that's only concern is to balance things. Knowing the mistakes you have made would stop you doing almost all activities and you would be unable to balance your karma.

There is so many reasons not to know where we came from its shocking. The reason we are slowly being allowed to know these secrets are for 3 reasons 1, earth is so crowded people are having a hard time not feeling insignificant. 2, some souls are advanced enough to be able to know a little about the other side and still do work here on Earth plus it develops different skills to learn about it whilst in this limited consciousness. 3, A complete change is coming and all that has been...wont be, thus a reset of sorts.

I love to talk about this because I want everyone to know what I do, but more often than not people refuse to buy it. Probably because I come off so matter of fact when I speak, but I don't even mention the real exiting stuff like other reality's we have lived, rivers that clean your soul, infinite knowledge library and how we re-experience every emotion we have inflicted (good or bad) to another being. I probably learned 1000 years of information and brought back 000.1%.We are so blesses mark my words.

edit on 8-3-2012 by NotSmilingAtYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberdaz

If you KNOW what you are doing is morally wrong and one step away from being downright illegal (by the way I was working in a small finance company) should this knowledge be pushed to the side in the face of bills to pay, food to purchase and the future to prepare for? Does the prospect of earning money allow morals to be an afterthought, an indulgence for dinner conversation? Or should we make a stand when the opportunity rises, and follow our instinct?

I did the same thing a few years ago; and even before that I had refused to participate in shaky dealings when asked to, for example, put my signature on bad checks. Yes, I totally think we must walk away; morals must override the need for money. You will find something else. Well done.

I asked my last "boss", when she wanted me to behave contrary to my principles and morals, how she could sleep at night. I still don't know how she sleeps peacefully....what she was doing was supporting a "corporate" dictum that may well have caused a front-line worker's death. I refused to accept it on grounds of "wrong" thinking.

Clearly I was not cut out of the same cloth that "corporate" wanted its suits dressed in. No thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
My philosophy is that it is worth the gamble to pray given that you love other people, whether it does or does not have an effect on the after life. Even if there is no rememberance of us it is worth to be the fool living a life with loving thoughts in the hope that there is hope, the reward for it having real meaning outweights the stubbornness of ego to not agree with what the ego wants to believe. In this respect I think everybody should put their guard down and agree with each other.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have enjoyed your presence on the board, though it has been short. At least for now

I wouldn’t normally post in a thread like this, for my own reasons, but I see that things are starting to reach a certain point. I obviously don’t know what I mean by that (funny how such a disclaimer, false or not, is so incredibly effective).

Basically; what is my religion? It is seen through my actions. I can talk all I want about how I see the world, but it may or may not represent what I actually do. And therein lies the rub, regardless of standpoint on the mysteries of the universe and god, what we decide to do with our lives is our own decision. In the end, it is the only thing we can be sure of. If I can look back on my life with happiness, and on my decisions with.. “pride,” then I will know I have lived correctly. No more, no Less.

However, I do have my own theories on how things actually work. It is essentially my own personal take on the universe, heavily influenced by deep study (or maybe it was an obsession?
) of historical and cultural views of the world.

In this, the physical/material world is dualistic. Things are patterned on waves, with two opposing sides making up the same cycle. We see this in everything from water to philosophy. To many, this is the only world that exists, or more pertinent, the only world we exist in. I believe that we in fact reside in two realms, the physical and spiritual. The spiritual does not reside within time, nor does it have duality as its base design. Though, importantly, the spiritual/physical could be seen as the “core” duality from which all others spring (or fractal, if you will).

Where it gets interesting, to me, is that these two planes of existence are connected through magnetism. This idea has been explored culturally through things like chakras. These specific areas of pooling are due to our own chemical/electrical impulses and they are, in my philosophy, what connect us to the spiritual side of our being.

This also implies that all things created within the brain are sole creations of the brain itself. Many are unaware of the dualities to which they subscribe on a daily basis because it is difficult to see without some sort of larger perspective. This usually results in someone feeling like their “home” is elsewhere, or they don’t belong. A choice has been made to reside in only one part of our own being, so even in “ourselves,” we are not “home.” So, while parts of us do in fact reside in dualistic planes, not all of our being does.

Just like anyone else, there is a lot more to it. I just thought I would support your thread

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
I have enjoyed your presence on the board, though it has been short. At least for now

I wouldn’t normally post in a thread like this, for my own reasons, but I see that things are starting to reach a certain point. I obviously don’t know what I mean by that (funny how such a disclaimer, false or not, is so incredibly effective).

Basically; what is my religion? It is seen through my actions. I can talk all I want about how I see the world, but it may or may not represent what I actually do. And therein lies the rub, regardless of standpoint on the mysteries of the universe and god, what we decide to do with our lives is our own decision. In the end, it is the only thing we can be sure of. If I can look back on my life with happiness, and on my decisions with.. “pride,” then I will know I have lived correctly. No more, no Less.

However, I do have my own theories on how things actually work. It is essentially my own personal take on the universe, heavily influenced by deep study (or maybe it was an obsession?
) of historical and cultural views of the world.

In this, the physical/material world is dualistic. Things are patterned on waves, with two opposing sides making up the same cycle. We see this in everything from water to philosophy. To many, this is the only world that exists, or more pertinent, the only world we exist in. I believe that we in fact reside in two realms, the physical and spiritual. The spiritual does not reside within time, nor does it have duality as its base design. Though, importantly, the spiritual/physical could be seen as the “core” duality from which all others spring (or fractal, if you will).

Where it gets interesting, to me, is that these two planes of existence are connected through magnetism. This idea has been explored culturally through things like chakras. These specific areas of pooling are due to our own chemical/electrical impulses and they are, in my philosophy, what connect us to the spiritual side of our being.

This also implies that all things created within the brain are sole creations of the brain itself. Many are unaware of the dualities to which they subscribe on a daily basis because it is difficult to see without some sort of larger perspective. This usually results in someone feeling like their “home” is elsewhere, or they don’t belong. A choice has been made to reside in only one part of our own being, so even in “ourselves,” we are not “home.” So, while parts of us do in fact reside in dualistic planes, not all of our being does.

Just like anyone else, there is a lot more to it. I just thought I would support your thread

Fascinating perspectives! I can relate to this aswell - as I understand there are indeed atleast two planes of existence. Maybe even more, I'm not sure!

Out of reading all of these replies though, I still wonder "What would make us agree to come to this Earth?"

Some say, to learn, to feel, to experiment, to journey. As if we were using our bodies as say, dolls or action figures to feel in ways we cannot on the other planes of existence. Maybe we are even avatars chosen by our spirits, or characters in an RPG game. Others say we are stuck here in our Karmic cycle until we achieve Nirvana, so to speak. It is rather amazing to think about things such as this, and to see the opposing viewpoints and those that tie into each other are just as amazing.

Also - thank you so much for your support of this thread and for the kind words
I am glad you enjoy my presence here. You shall be seeing a lot more of me, as I am working from home now and it leaves me with a good bit of computer time in between my projects.

Warm regards and lots of love,

Ely

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

This flesh suit we have is just a tiny, tiny bit of our lives and we are all connected and much larger than any of us can fathom right now.
Thanks for sharing your story.
If I had a story like that and sat down and wrote it all out, I would be crying for hours and devastated for weeks afterwards.
Here's a little theme music I found I think goes with this thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Yes, it is very difficult to post all of this and try to explain it. It took me a few hours to relay this all in easily understandable words but I believe it is worth it, as it may enlighten some people, or make them think in the least.

Thank you for the song though, it was a good listen and I appreciate you finding it for this thread.
I am glad this has gone on as long as it has.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You are very welcome. Your attitude towards others, and their perspective is admirable (and sadly rare).

We are all looking at the same "thing," just with different eyes, eh? It would seem the most productive route to cooperate for our own benefit rather than conflict and exploit for our own benefit. Seems so obvious...

The opposing viewpoints and different perspectives give context and "texture" to something which is happening objectively, and they are still part of that very system (the universe). It is amazing to see that the majority of differences between belief systems are separated more by semantics than they are in core philosophy. All of us speaking on something we do not know in its entirety.

This planet, at this time, is a very interesting intersection of sorts. Even then, I would guess that those who have chosen to come here all have as differing reasons as there are galaxies in the universe.

Though, I suspect that such decisions do not occur in the way we "think" of them, as our understanding of such things is limited by our brain.

I look forward to your future posts

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Very good, the proof is always in the pudding. And I agree, we can only truly know what religion each one of us follows by watching them act in the real world. But since we cannot do that with you sir, could you explain for us what your particular philosophy or religion is?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Ah, but you can! In the way I interact with other posters

When needed, I call myself a Christian.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Yes, that is why I carry myself the way I do. As I know we do see everything very differently.

Growing up, I have always been the type of person interested in beliefs opposing mine, or differing mine as they are so fascinating to me. I like to understand other's beliefs, and maybe they even change mine by the feelings they invoke in my heart. Maybe this is is due to the fact that I myself am so diverse in my genes, as my mother is Czechoslovakian and Jewish, and my father is Native American, with his grandfather(my great grandfather) being African. Although I appear white at a glance, haha. Until you see my eyes, hair and facial features.

May be silly, but I follow my intuition, and my heart first and then decide with my brain. The heart is number one in my decision making, sure it's lead me to make mistakes but I can atleast say I have always remained true to myself. This is a lot more than others can say.

I am not Christian, and I will never consider myself as such but I will treat everyone with respect of their opinions and feelings as this is what makes the world so interesting and "colorful". I act in a way which I would be proud of myself
I can also say that I automatically love everyone here as I love my own family and friends, as we are all connected in the end. We are all one, and once others begin to see this - the illusion of division shall fall and we will all become much closer.

This is why we war, and argue with one another because we are different and believe each of us have the right path. We are divided by our race, nationality, the town we grew up in, the region we grew up in, our color, our accents, our social status, by our disabilities, by our religions, by our sexual orientation, by our gender, even small things like the music we listen to, and the sports teams we favor divides us and causes arguments and wars. Just look at all of the riots about people saying their sport team is better, or they shouldn't have lost. There is plenty of articles and videos in the news about people fighting just for that, something so ridiculously small...

Just another way to say "Treat others how you'd like to be treated"

Never been/never will be religious or moral, but I will forever be kind and accepting as it is my nature. And I thank you for noticing this and praising me for it.

I must praise you aswell for the way you interact with others, it is also admirable
People like you truly warm my heart and make me smile. Things like this are what makes posting so worth it.

Thank you so so much.
edit on 8-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I spent many years exploring the possibility that there may be those who experience higher states of consciousness, and just struggling to understand the true nature of reality. This search eventually led me to the Indian spiritual master Meher Baba (1894-1969), who claimed to be the Avatar of our age (he used this term Avatar well before it was in common usage for other things). Meher Baba said that every several hundred years, when humanity needs it most, God comes down in human form. He said examples in history of this are Zoroaster, Rama, Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad the Prophet, and most recently himself as Baba. His biography, minus the thousands of photos, is online now at www.lordmeher.org

There are also many other websites devoted to him and his work. He traveled the world and came to America several times. He was friends with Gandhi, though they saw some things differently. Although Baba was silent the last 44 years of his life, he "spoke" perfect English and his books are very accessible to English speakers, especially "Discourses," which addresses a wide variety of spiritual topics for daily living and very common spiritual questions.

After years of studying Baba's work, visiting his centers, speaking with hundreds of his followers, and experimenting with his wisdom, I am absolutely convinced of his authenticity. I wouldn't expect anyone else to believe it though without having their own experience. There are plenty of frauds out there, some of them self-deluded, others outright hypocrites. I encourage healthy skepticism to balance out open-mindedness.

I mention this for yourself or any other genuine seeker reading this to explore if you are interested....

Edit: Just wanted to add that Meher Baba spoke a great deal about Oneness and how separation, duality, and fear are illusions. Actually, he went so far as to say that we are all God, most of us are just dreaming that we're not, and haven't woken up yet, so that's what the Avatar's work is--to awaken us.
edit on 8-3-2012 by upasni because: (I just saw your new post mentioning the illusion of duality)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by upasni

How amazing! I haven't heard of this man myself, however I have heard the theory that the pinnacles of all religions are infact a reincarnation of God himself but in a different vessel. I have believed in this myself for awhile, as it makes most sense to me.

This is very interesting, the information and website you have provided me with and I shall use them to learn more.

For this, I thank you

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Never say never! Except when saying that, I suppose
Life has a funny way of working with things like that.

I follow the two tenets of Christianity (Love God and Love one another). So, in the strictest sense I am Christian. I came to this conclusion after I had been living this way (Love and Respect for all) for a while. It was ironic because I was brought up in a Christian environment and turned away from it. I was agnostic with atheist leanings for a while. Studied world religions for a bit, more out of curiosity than anything else. I ended up having great respect for them though, and found my own "path" as well. I followed this path for years, never realizing it was Christianity in practice. Full circle on that one! In the end, it was the most direct and blunt path to truth, living a life of Love. Most christians would surely consider me a heretic though

So, life has a funny way of working with things like that..

Agents of division are prevalent. People do it without even knowing they are, since our "cultural story" has been based in these ways for so long. At its base is that "us vs them" concept. The idea that we cant get along simply because we see the world differently is faulty. In truth, we all see the world differently (in the literal, physical sense). People will need to choose the cooperation just like they choose the division now. That is the tricky part, to say the least. Because a shift like that is touted as everything from utopia, to a society where competition has no place, to communism, to the NWO, it loses its legitimacy very quickly for people.

Who knows, maybe world unity has been so historically reviled so that those who seek it under hollow intentions have as much time as they need to bring it about through corruption.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Ah, but you can! In the way I interact with other posters

When needed, I call myself a Christian.

Nice. Still like what you said. I have one, "Don't hand out tracts to people, show others you love Jesus by watching your tracks."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join