It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your philopsophy/religion?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

Philosophy? I have two:

1: "Pray About Everything, Worry About Nothing."
2. "I Am Third,.. God Is First, and Everyone Else is Second."

Religion?:

Jesus

edit on 7-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
i believe in non-human beings deciding human fates. no religion in particular.

So like Transformers are good to go?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

i don't understand. what do you mean ?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

Greetings GreenEyedVixen!

Well, I believe a lot of us, including myself, are changing our belief system as it seems it is becoming a more spiritual and psychic stage. I seen a lot of member's beliefs and views in their older posts but I just wanted to see if anything had changed or if the majority of us had become more spiritual over time.

So true. Many are coming to see that their religions are stale, and some are waking up to new revelations, and new insight. It happened to me, beginning in 1999. I went though a Spiritual Realization that forever changed my life. Once I opened up, and threw off the chains of dogma that had been forced upon me, a whole new world opened up for me. New, and exciting information and knowledge came flowing into me, and I began to know that I was more than a simple carbon based human being.
As for my Spiritual Belief System, I am a lot like Wildtimes in that:
Posted by wildtimes:

I believe we are all part of the One Divine, and all connected, and will all one day graduate (through a succession of reincarnations here or on other worlds) to being ready to rejoin the Divine in eternal bliss. Until we are ready spiritually, we keep coming back for lessons. Our soul has a goal and a course of study determined between incarnations with help from ethereal guides. It takes many lifetimes to achieve that enlightenment and purification and perfection of the soul, but eventually every soul gets there. It's a personal journey. Call it the "Holy Spirit" if you like; be we all have the Divine residing within us. The goal is to live in accordance with it.

I too believe that, I know that I have lived many life-times here on Terra Firma, and believe strongly that this one is my last life at forced incarnation. From here on out I am free at last, having served all Family, and personal Karma.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

i don't understand. what do you mean ?

You said "non-humans deciding human fates". That would be sorta like the Transformers correct? Or X-MEN?

edit on 7-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

no, like not visible spirit kind of beings. they are like in another realm or dimension and can interact with the material world.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
My philosophy / religion is Christian. I have Catholic roots, most of my family is Catholic (though most aren't practicing Catholics), but I no longer practice Catholicism as I have found almost the entire basis of that faith is based on a lie of Hell. I believe in Annihilationism, and I am also torn between being a Theistic Evolutionist and Old Earth Creationist.....

Also, I think it's very important to not hold a literal view of the Bible, and to realize that no book written by man can ever possibly be an infallible word of God. God's word is within us all.

I also agree with others that my religion / philosophy is constantly evolving. Every day I dwell on the Lord and the mysteries of life constantly. Recently I've been meditating a lot on reincarnation and heaven. God bless you all and thanks for a great thread! S & F!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

no, like not visible spirit kind of beings. they are like in another realm or dimension and can interact with the material world.

Oh, so like Christianity?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

yes, like all the major religions, i guess. a bit complicated in christianity with the trinity. which part is the almighty one ? is god almighty ? if yes, that would make the devil and demons harmless, when god's will is superior. whats the definition of almightiness ?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

yes, like all the major religions, i guess. a bit complicated in christianity with the trinity. which part is the almighty one ? is god almighty ? if yes, that would make the devil and demons harmless, when god's will is superior. whats the definition of almightiness ?

Well, God is One. So even Trinitarians like myself believe God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are the same "almightiness". And the devil only has power over those who yield it to him, either knowingly or unknowingly.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

And the devil only has power over those who yield it to him, either knowingly or unknowingly.

i have a problem with understanding some things. when a young child dies in an accident, what was the influence of the almighty ? does god interact in any ways, when things like this happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

And the devil only has power over those who yield it to him, either knowingly or unknowingly.

i have a problem with understanding some things. when a young child dies in an accident, what was the influence of the almighty ? does god interact in any ways, when things like this happen.

Look at what David said when his child died. "He will not come to me, but one day I shall go to him." Children, or even adults, who don't have the capacity to understand right from wrong are not held accountable. God is perfectly just, He knows who understands what they do and who doesn't.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Look at what David said when his child died. "He will not come to me, but one day I shall go to him." Children, or even adults, who don't have the capacity to understand right from wrong are not held accountable. God is perfectly just, He knows who understands what they do and who doesn't.

So basically what happpens to the dead child???I mean his afterlife??
edit on 7-3-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

The dead child would be with the Lord.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

so you say, if a child dies in an accident, god has nothing to do with it ? or is the material world (body) irrelevant ?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

so you say, if a child dies in an accident, god has nothing to do with it ? or is the material world (body) irrelevant ?

Oh, I thought you was asking what happened to that child after they died here on Earth. The material world certainly isn't irrelevant, our conduct has eternal consequences. Now, Jesus says that not even a sparrow falls to the ground without God's okay for it to happen, so in that aspect I suppose you could say God allowed the accident to happen.

God's main concern is building a kingdom for His Son, for taking out a people for His name from all nations, tribes, and tongues. It's not necessarily with making sure all our pleasures are met.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Don;t you think a child lifespan's is too short for the Lord to judge whether or not he is worthy???(especially babies??)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker

Don;t you think a child lifespan's is too short for the Lord to judge whether or not he is worthy???(especially babies??)

That would assume that God isn't omniscient and would need to watch someone perform in order to be able to judge them. That somehow God can learn something He didn't already know. Children and metnally handicapped people who don't grasp what good and evil are or what God is aren't held to the same standards we are that do know, or who are grown.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Very interesting!

Basically, I was raised as a Christian, but my parents never really pushed it on me that much. I remained believing in God most of my life up until I was 12 years old.

I was an only child up until I was 10 years old, and my baby sister was born. I loved her more than anything I had ever thought I loved, and this was my first true experience of love. I babysat her at a young age, and rocked her to sleep everynight, bottlefed her, changed her diapers, the whole 9 yards.

One day though, we were at my grandmother's and it was after school on a Friday for me, and I was trying to get together my friends to go to the football game that night.

Whilst I was on the phone, my grandmother busted into the room with my sister in her arms yelling "Call the police!" At first, I thought it was a joke, like she was saying "Call the police, we have a bad baby in here" or something, I dunno I wasn't thinking properly, I was only 12.

Then I immediately realised the direness of the situation and hung up without hesitation and called 911.

My baby sister, of only 17 months old was in the hospital, dying and they had no reason why...

I prayed and prayed and prayed for her in the chapel that was included onto the hospital, I spent most of my time in that chapel, more so than seeing her because it upset me so badly.

She passed away, even though I consumed myself with prayer.

Since then, I have been an Atheist, Agnostic, Wiccan, Pagan, Rastafarian(lol), believed in Scientology for a little bit, even turned to Satanism(silly, I know) and the only thing that comforts me is the fact of knowing that we are all one. Just because she is gone from this plane of existence, doesn't mean she's gone forever. She is out there, watching over me and I know this for a fact, as I have had near death experiences where she has came to me and told me to go back because I have to be strong for my mother and father. Of course I pleaded with her to stay but even though she is my little sister, I believe her wisdom is far beyond what I can imagine and she was her for such a short time to touch my life and change me in this way.

People tell me God does things for a reason, but I find no consolation in this.

What consoles me, is knowing that no matter where her body is, her energy still exists out there.

I can't really fully comprehend it, but I find consolation in knowing that we all come from the Source and the Infinite Creator, and upon death we return to "his" loving embrace.

I fear death, no longer, I implore it. Though I do not seek it, it does not scare me in the least as it is what you'd call a level up, in my mind.

I don't really have a name for this belief, but I consider myself extremely spiritual.

I was wondering if any other's felt this, and a lot of us do and we are awakening. Which is wonderful to me.

Thank you for sharing today, friends

edit on 7-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The worst thing about religion is when it is used to imply that God killed someone or allowed them to die as a punishment. This infuriates me!

My uncle died in a farming accident. During his funeral, the minister gave a sermon explaining that God killed my uncle cause he had sin in his life. My uncle was a good and gentle man. Hearing this pastor say God punished him was to much.

I wanted to jump up and scream at that ignorant moron. How dare he subject my aunt and cousins to this! But I didn't want to make a scene. I got up and left.

Here's my basic problem with the Christian religion: how could a caring God condemn anyone to hell? I'm not a saint, but I could never condemn anyone to hell. Not even those truly evil folks.

I've heard all the arguments concerning free will. Heck, my undergrad is in religious studies. I can quote Christian apologists left and right. But to me, all the answers given fall short.

Is there a God? I hope so. I hope life is more than this fleeting moment.

edit on 7-3-2012 by smyleegrl because: Cant spell

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join