It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING! IMPORTANT!: WE ARE NOT being told the full story about the Kony situation!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Kony is not the biggest boof head on the planet at all. His little army barely exists and most certainly not in North Uganda as this big marketing ploy to con you out of more $$$ for donations says.

The whole invisible children documentary not only lied to you (although not about child soldiers) but it's a big con job and millions of people around the world got fooled.

Child soldiers have been deployed through legit and non-legit armies all around the globe since the beginning of time; they are mainly used in Africa, Middle East, Afghanistan and Pakistan for the most part. Hell, even a 16 year old can sign up in Britain's forces.

And not one single word on US, British and Coalition Forces using very young Afghani kids as land mine sweepers......

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I find this very interesting.

Uganda and several private oil companies had hoped to begin small-scale production as early as 2012, but production has been delayed due to a capital gains tax dispute and a parliamentary resolution blocking new agreements with oil companies pending passage of oil legislation

www.state.gov...

Maybe this is why "It has to happen this year" 2012 is the year!
This Video will expire 2013 .....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by christina-66

yeah yeah doing work for free is always nice but be realistic. I worked in a kitchen one day serving food to homeless guys and packing hundreds of sack lunches that got distributed around the city, I was not paid. However, the work was nearly as tough as any other restaurant job I've had, and took up at least 5 hours of my time. Suppose I did it everyday? Get what I'm saying? If people are doing a lot of work, why shouldn't they be paid? If 30% of one charities cash is 10 times 100% of anothers, and it's due to full time dedicated employees...then?? What? How can you argue, you can't. If this was just a bunch of part time charity people sitting around in someones basement spending 100% of the money they brought in, which was nil, you'd never have seen this video, and neither would thousands of other who are oblivious to this kind of stuff. And that would make you happy, because that's one less evil NWO agenda to deal with...LOL. Not saying you're one of those NWO nuts, but you get my point.

Umm...that's the other thing about charity work. As well as offering your time and talents for free you do it in your own FREE time not as a full time job. Charity is not ALWAYS a good thing you know. Sometimes our good intentions help sustain corrupt regimes. My brother toured Africa some years ago and will never donate to Oxfam again. Why? Because every market he was in contained boxed goods with 'a gift from Oxfam' stamped on the side - but of course these 'gifts' were for sale only.

Then there's the Live Aid debacle - when half the planet donated. Where did those donations go? A large proportion of them went on arms - our good intentions had deadly implications for those we were trying to help.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Well, if the BBC found time and space for this story, then it's certainly something that benefits TPTB in some way or another and guess what, the BBC did cover this, so......

(not to mention the outrageously laughable list of 'Heroes' that invisiblechildren has given us to choose from, for calling upon to save the world)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I don't think anyone is challenging whether Kony is real or not, and the main notion behind the charity is obviously correct, but there are many dubious situations surrounding this campaign.

When Facebook & Youtube are censoring people making comments about this, one seriously has to ask WHY?

Why would they be moderating comments in real-time? They were keen to not let anyone post about this charity's financials yesterday?!

The topic of the video was Kony, but the focus was on some cute American child. Why was there not more emphasis on the African children that needed the help?

There are numerous atrocities going on all over Africa, why has this particular cause gathered more pace than many other campaigns? A friend of mine has won a BAFTA for his charity/film work in Africa, and his work is equally important, yet it has never generated this volume of video hits in all the time he has been working on his cause, even though he won a BAFTA for his 2 x 1hr films!

This kony cause had almost 20 million hits in 24hrs, and it came out of no where?!

The Kony film has references to illuminati, Masons, Obama etc, some strange references in that video, and the date of 20th April is Hitler's birthday. All seems very odd to me.

Their financials are also questionable, as are their goals.

On the other hand, we have people like Ron Paul, who could change far more in the world than this Kony campaign, and yet all he gets is media blackout!

One thing's for sure is I have completely lost trust in Facebook and Youtube, and from this campaign, I have seen just how easy people are to manipulate. So many people take what they read/hear at face value.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
As many of you will know, I tend to stay away from ATS now, and this thread exemplifies why. Simply put, most of you have become paranoid reactionaries, with very little grounded conversation or thought. Thank heavens for the moderators who still seem to have a little sanity.

If you wish to understand an issue, break it down to its' lowest common denominator. In this case:

JOSPEH KONY IS A BAD MAN DOING BAD THINGS.

This point hides a lot of nasty details - kidnapping of children, mass rape, genocide, murder, pillaging, environmental damage, war with no 'casus belli', and general disregard for anything that is right / human / ethical.

The KONY2012 campaign seeks to tell the world about this bad man, and the bad things he's doing. IF this means that there are opportunities for the military-industrial complex and governments to beat their imperialist drum, that's THEIR fault, not the KONY2012 campaign. Yes, I suppose it could be a front organisation for a Psy-Op, so could McDonalds in its' efforts to make the world depopulate through obesity. I don't believe either to be true, but that's just my opinion.

My point is, the fundamental premise of this whole exercise is to educate and spread knowledge of Kony and his travails. It is achieving that aim - and therefore, I will support it. If it stops Kony, it will have performed an amazing feat for humanity. If it is a Psy-Op, then it will be another in a LONG LINE of Psy-Ops perpetrated on us, but this time, it will actually do something good in highlighting Kony.

We cant stop the Psy-Ops, if you think ATS and it's members can, then you're an idiot. But what we can do is cherry pick the times when we should go with the flow - and this is most definitely one of them.

The Revenant.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
As many of you will know, I tend to stay away from ATS now, and this thread exemplifies why. Simply put, most of you have become paranoid reactionaries, with very little grounded conversation or thought. Thank heavens for the moderators who still seem to have a little sanity.

If you wish to understand an issue, break it down to its' lowest common denominator. In this case:

JOSPEH KONY IS A BAD MAN DOING BAD THINGS.

This point hides a lot of nasty details - kidnapping of children, mass rape, genocide, murder, pillaging, environmental damage, war with no 'casus belli', and general disregard for anything that is right / human / ethical.

The KONY2012 campaign seeks to tell the world about this bad man, and the bad things he's doing. IF this means that there are opportunities for the military-industrial complex and governments to beat their imperialist drum, that's THEIR fault, not the KONY2012 campaign. Yes, I suppose it could be a front organisation for a Psy-Op, so could McDonalds in its' efforts to make the world depopulate through obesity. I don't believe either to be true, but that's just my opinion.

My point is, the fundamental premise of this whole exercise is to educate and spread knowledge of Kony and his travails. It is achieving that aim - and therefore, I will support it. If it stops Kony, it will have performed an amazing feat for humanity. If it is a Psy-Op, then it will be another in a LONG LINE of Psy-Ops perpetrated on us, but this time, it will actually do something good in highlighting Kony.

We cant stop the Psy-Ops, if you think ATS and it's members can, then you're an idiot. But what we can do is cherry pick the times when we should go with the flow - and this is most definitely one of them.

The Revenant.

Revenant, you seem to be generalising a bit and missing most people's reasons for posting.

There is nothing paranoid about facebook & youtube blocking people, there is nothing paranoid about questionable financials, there is nothing paranoid about a most questions raised. People have right to be concrened.

Yes, we would like all this to stop, everywhere in the world, but a campaign like this will not stop it. The media has covered Kony for 26 years, and yet he is still out there, so how is this campaign going to make any difference?

People are dubious about this campaign, because there are a lot of strange things about it. If people did not question anything then TBTB would get away with anything they wanted.

I personally think Kony is a cover blag for something else, far too many anomolies for Kony to be the only factor.
Call it paranoid if you want, but I call it suspicious.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
"KONY 2012" is as close to an all-out scam as you can get without getting handcuffs slapped on you.

They spend MOST of the donations they receive on their own salaries and weapons. Yes. Weapons.

They only return about 30%. That is atrocious for a real charity.

TRI and Invisible Children also support the Ugandan military, openly. The Ugandan military arent as bad as Kony and the LRA, but they ALSO use child soldiers, abduction, rape, murder and mutilation as tactics.

If you want to help the children in this region, pick a real charity.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hey guys, remember what I said about how you can send energy through your heart? Well, now you can try and "cripple"(not kill because that's probably too severe of a wish for the Universe to grant) Kony with your "heart"(you can also try praying. If you do, make sure to do it as many times and be as "heartfelt" as possible. Try to reason with "The Universe" even.) How? Well, if you want to keep it simple, try this: sit in a slumping to your left position where you can feel your heart beating. Now pause Kony's image and try to imagine an energy flowing from your heart to his face. Imagine your energy paralyzing his face, making him blind, or crippling his arms or legs, whatever you can imagine.

Do this as many times as you can. Do it and keep "pushing your energy" until you've felt pain in your heart, and when that happens, keep doing it(the more you do it at this stage, the better. If you've watched videos on say animal cruelty or something really sad, there's a point where you heart will "really" sink, this is the point that you need to "at least" reach.)

If you want the complicated version, well, what I've learned is that the Universe will respond quickest when you're in despair or "do-or-die" mode, and you can express that through your heart. Now you don't actually have to be desperate yourself. You can fake that desperation by thinking of something desperate, and as long as your heart feels desperate, then the chances are higher that it will work.

Now what I mean by desperation is, for example, say you're driving and almost had an accident where your life just "flashed before your eyes." It is the "feeling of your heart just right before you avoided the accident" that the Universe is most receptive to. As long as you can simulate that feeling, the chances of the Universe granting that wish will go up.

How exactly do we simulate that feeling? Well, what I've found is that if say you go to an eye doctor, and he's about to look into your eye, and you "fear" it, then it works. Now right at that moment, think of your wish(or just a mental image, do it as quickly as possible because your heart will only be in that desperation state very briefly.)

But that's a bit difficult to simulate, and I would agree. Fortunately, what I've found that also works
(although it's in preliminary stages, so I can't be too sure) is that if you think of a grim image,
say a dying soldier(unfortunately, you'll have to use your imagination for other images here, although in this case, they're very real and given), flash that image in your mind while your heart is in an "excited state"(essentially simulating the "desperate heart" condition), which can be "obtained" by watching the final minutes of a close score sports game(where you have a team to cheer for, or even after exercising, though I haven't tried that yet), "push that energy from your heart" to say, a crippled or blind Kony image, then "perhaps" it will work.
Keep repeating the process until "everything clicks." The first image, the heart and "the push" have to be simultaneous, and the Kony image has to be right after. After that, keep doing it until it becomes a force large enough that the Universe has to recognize.

Keep in mind that your heart(or is it your body) is surrounded(or is it pumping out? Unfortunately, I
didn't save these videos) by an electromagnetic field. Also, there was a video about how your heart can still feel your DNA if you separate them, which is where I got this "spooky actions at a distance" idea and tested from. Basically, what I got was that our hearts can affect each other, and so far, "I think" it does.

Now I was going to wait until I can get this process "exactly" ironed out, however, it's taking too much time
(and perhaps the process has been altered. It's like some kind of Entity(or low-level God) is watching to make sure that no one is cheating. And yes, I would say that what I'm doing is cheating. Basically, a source of entertainment would be made irrelevant, if people knew about it. Fortunately, it seems that he can only feel my heart, not my thoughts(free will purposes), and this is a good moment for me to basically put this idea to the test.

If this works, then I'll know for sure that we are allowed to evolve to the next stage, which is to become humans with God-like powers(or X-Men. Who needs entertainment when we can fight each other with superpowers right?)

If it doesn't work? Well, there are a ton of explanations for that. But one thing I'm pretty sure of is, if you want
prayers or "miracles" to happen, they MUST be done through the heart(or "heartfelt").

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So everyone is fixated on the invisible children orginization and they forget the fact that there are children over there, isn't the point of all of this to bring attention to them?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You want a road map as to what's next in the world go here

www.responsibilitytoprotect.org...

Welcome to the New way of doing things in the World in Order to establish civil societies.

Your NWO

As NGOs, we endorse the Responsibility to Protect as a new international security and human rights norm to address the international community’s failure to prevent and stop genocides, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity.

We agree to support and uphold the following RtoP principles:

The Responsibility to Protect expresses the world’s responsibility to protect populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity.

The Coalition commits to support the essential elements of the Responsibility to Protect norm agreed to in Paragraphs 138-139 of the 2005 UN World Summit Outcome Document.

States have the primary obligation to protect their populations from genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity, and ethnic cleansing. This responsibility also includes prevention of these crimes, including incitement.
The international community should, as appropriate, encourage and help States to exercise this responsibility.
The international community should support the UN in establishing an early warning capability.
The international community also has the responsibility to use appropriate diplomatic, humanitarian and other peaceful means under Chapter VI and VIII of the UN Charter to help protect populations threatened by these crimes.
When a state “manifestly fails” in its protection responsibilities, and peaceful means are inadequate, the international community must take stronger measures including Chapter VII measures under the UN Charter, including but not limited to the collective use of force authorized by the Security Council.

In addition,

The Coalition supports a full spectrum of responsibility: from the responsibility to prevent, to react, and to rebuild.

The Coalition believes the Responsibility to Protect requires the international community to recognize that conflict affects women and men differently. This is an essential first step in developing gendered responses to conflict, empowering women in the prevention and ending of conflicts, and the rebuilding of communities after conflict.

Emphasize #5 because failure as been the norm over the past 20 plus years

When a state “manifestly fails” in its protection responsibilities, and peaceful means are inadequate, the international community must take stronger measures including Chapter VII measures under the UN Charter, including but not limited to the collective use of force authorized by the Security Council.

edit on 8-3-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm seeing people saying "KONY 2012!" ALL over the internet. It's getting quite suspicious honestly.

hmm
edit on 8/3/12 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So for ten years this has been going on and then one day it just explodes and Dr Evil Kony is on everyones lips !!!

I don't think so and he will be gone and forgot in ten years time which is quite unlike the events of 9/11 that still wont go away because questions without answers tend to stay around.

The best explanation I've read so far from a poster here is that China is about to get pushed out of Africa but even that is grasping at straws but one thing's for certain is something does not quite add up and it is nice to see people are starting to question what they are told.

What I do know is teahers are pushing this story in the schools and In the case I know about it was not done during prime time lessons and was one on one outside the classroom.

Do not mix Kony with Assad in Syria, He is being setup by the CIA and is no Dr Evil by any means.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I liked how they showed gaddafi and his son first on that list they kept producing in the video. that set off an alarm bell to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think America want a good excuse to invade Africa. Get the whole world behind them saying that something needs to be done. America puts up there hand and mission complete. Full control of Africa...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Isn't the US already intervening?

Obama sends 100 troops to Central Africa

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Firstly, the LRA has signed a peace accord 5 years ago and there is no war since that. The Kony 2012 admitted on their blog, to give false information and over exeggerate statistics to make people more interested.
The abductions of children has lowered by 80%. Kony left LRA when they signed the peace accord.

Why is Kony 2012 then happening? Why do they want US troops in Uganda?
green.blogs.nytimes.com...
"Oil found in North Uganda"
)

Oh, check this data about the Invisible Children organisations wealth: assets.vice.com...

You should really check out this article and think about it before donating your money, which is going to be used to advertisements, corporations and given to the US Army.
www.vice.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vamp333

I was trying to draw some attention to the symbols used here myself, but no one seemed to read or agree. I had just recently found someone else using the upside down pyramid, same exact imagery. Same very well writtern (psychologically) patterns of speech.(My post is the top of pg 9 w/ a link to the guys video, he screams scum) The upside down peace sign (crow foot) caught my eye too. This Kony thing is def a jump off for a bigger agenda.

On another note, why are so many acting like people who dont like this are heartless? No one has said its not a worthy cause, just a major piece of propaganda to push a greater agenda. This has been going on since the 80's why now? Who are these people connected to? Are they assests? The manipulitive way they convey a point doesnt lay well in my stomach.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What really hacks me off are people who think the US needs to follow the UN idea of a Responsibility to Protect, while concurrently supporting an effort to take away the individual's right to protect themselves.

Elizabeth Warren comes to mind.

I'm sick of government officials lying. Why haven't we taken our government back from the corporate and banking interests yet? I know, media influence. We need our own news network.
edit on 3/8/2012 by Fury1984 because: Typo

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
reply to post by NightGypsy

I agree Gypsy. There's something more in the works. The sheep are really "baa-ing" today. Too many posts on facebook, twitter, etc. talking about it and trumping up support. Seems in these days people will take anything at face value. I smell something ominous. I'm posting the opposing view all over Facebook and every time I do, Facebook makes me do a captcha puzzle. Pisses me off. I'll be addressing this with my high school students tomorrow. Maybe I can teach them a lesson in critical thinking.

-TS

Really? And what are you going to say to them? Are you going to have them watch the video? Did you watch it? If anything, the video will show children that their voice can make a difference. There's always corruption when it comes to money, but that doesn't mean that every one of those young people out there fighting for the children of Africa are corrupt or the people that take action are corrupt!

The kids already watched the video. It's spammed all over Facebook, and you know how young kids deal with that website. I had a public forum in class this morning about the video, the organization, and why one should be weary about shock videos that pull at heart strings, especially from an organization that isn't on the up and up. We discussed, without the added emotions, the content of the video, the specific issues addressed, and the history of the region. I never denied that the dude is a bastard for doing that to kids, but I asked my students to look critically at the video, learn more information about the region, and how to read between the lines. That's what critical thinking is all about: not taking something at face value. It was a very valuable learning experience about mass media, the shock factor, and how specific companies use viral campaigns to get a message across.

If it's any consolation, I didn't interject my own opinions about the topic. I only presented both sides of the argument, and let the kids decide for themselves. Some didn't like that, and that's okay. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I only gave them the tools to make an informed decision. Now, back to class.

-TS

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join