It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING! IMPORTANT!: WE ARE NOT being told the full story about the Kony situation!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienStalker

Originally posted by isaac7777
So all of a sudden, we send in around 100 advisors*, and its imperialist and an NWO plot. That deserves a massive facepalm. Most charities dont donate every single penny to their causes. The workers need to get paid(they have families), they do need to make films(to raise awareness), and they do need tickets/materials to directly help the people. How about you make your own charity, and instead of buying plane tickets, you should swim there. Sounds about right, no? The list of people they gave, are the most influential on the planet. There is no secret reason behind everything. Oh look I can make a swastika out of the buttons on my keyboard, so HP is definitely masonic. Get a grip. OH and you people are also forgetting that this cause was once rejected by the government.
edit on 7-3-2012 by isaac7777 because: (no reason given)

Here we go with the "not everything is a conspiracy" BS.....enough with this.....I know 100 "advisors"' as you call them were sent in, and now all of a sudden this man Kony, who has been doing this for 40 years according to the media attention right now, is all of a suden enemy combatant number one.

EDIT: And the question I pose to you since you stated this is: Since the government turned down this cause before, but have now picked it up and want to actually do "something" about it.....What has changed from then til now? Did Kony just reach a number of children he has personally murdered in cold blood that is just unacceptable to the people in control over here.....or do you believe our representatives have all simultaneously grown conscious's?? Almost loled to the floor on that last one
Or like I said perhaps ulterior motives....

It's all just because everything from the charities, to the movie, to the politicians on capitol hill, just so happened to all agree at this point and juncture.....again this is all for the children, no ulterior motives possible right??

Do you really believe that the current media blitz against Kony, and Obamas interest in him a few months ago are not related in anyway? If so, please pass the kool-aid because I really need some down time from all this terrible rationalization, and reasoning I have been dealing with.

edit on 7-3-2012 by AlienStalker because: (no reason given)

One prominent thing ive noticed among conspiracy theorists is that they believe that everyone who has accomplished somethig great, is a politician, or has alot of money, is evil and satanic/freemason/nwo. There whole thought revolves around that. Think for a second, billions of people do in fact have power over a few(in the US, a few hundred million). We pulled out of Vietnam due to public disinterest, so why wouldnt we help because of public interest? The media blitz? There isnt much. I have seen no commercials. This spread through the social network, and THEN the news picked up on it. You can think much more rationally when you realize that our government serves the people. Oh boy, now im an ignorant sheeple according to ATS. Invisible children has been working on this for years and years. And you still dont see the point of this. Although they have helped in the efforts against the LRA(yes the Ugandan army is corrupt, but lesser of two evils), the Kony 2012 campaign is about bringing Kony to JUSTICE, and is a social experiment so to speak, to show how powerful the internet and social networking is.

Oh and I forgot the picture. Id do that too to be honest.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
When I started watching this documentary I was thinking to myself... this is NOT NEW nor is it NEWS. Why should people care now? I feel sympathetic to the victims, but this is old news... it's been going on for many decades.

I lean towards the psy-op scenario, I read China has been pumping in tremendous amounts of money into the Sudan. I'm 99% sure that China is Sudan's #1 Trading partner.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hmm. Maybe some of us should start our own army, err, I mean "aid organization." I propose General Butt Naked to lead us. Any seconds? No?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

Keep in mind if Obama agrees to intervene in Uganda this would serve his public image GREATLY during this time of year

He ALREADY agreed to intervene in 2010... he sent U.S Spec Op's in an advisory role to help Ugandan forces to track Kony...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliquandro

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by seenavv

A Psy-Ops operation? No...I don't think so. Kony is quite clearly an evil man that needs to be stopped.....I don't see anyone arguing that fact.

We are not arguing simply because we all agree that he is a monster and should be taken out, but want to know what's truly behind the sudden viral surge in the media, and why this is a sudden excuse for another American military action.

We seek truth here, not comfortable feelings.

If you agree he should be taken out....then whats the problem? The reason behind the viral surge is quite simple...Someone made a viral video, and lots of people shared it. That's how those things work...No reason finding an ulterior motive behind such things. Especially when the guy is as evil as this. Also I didn't see anything in the video suggesting the American troops actually engage in contact with this guy....but even if it were. I'd feel a lot better if America was taking out guys like this, instead of going to places like Iraq for reasons that were never really justified. I mean here's a guy who kidnaps kids and makes them kill their parents...He's pure evil. I'd feel pretty good if all America did was take out purely evil guys like this, instead of engaging in Middle Eastern wars under some abstract pretense of keeping America safe, (when it was always more about oil than anything).

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well I have to say that myself from the moment i saw it felt an urge i needed to post it on my facebook and share it with others, a couple hours later i logged back on, to see that 47 of my friends had also done the same and they were telling people to donate...

Then it hit me, this guy could have been made up for all we knew, but because the video was so well put together making an impact on us, none of us really asked questions. Made me realise dont follow the crowd just because everyone is moving in that direction, always ask questions and never 100% believe what you are told
edit on 7-3-2012 by daveyboy1991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So...we should not do anything, because Obama may somehow benefit by this guy being dead.

-ponders this-

-dismisses this-

I have to admit, the past few months has done wonders in getting me back on the Obama bandwagon. I was a bit upset at some grabs for power and him not pushing through some key policys he spoke of.
Then I noticed his opposition is simply batsh-- crazy...like replacing a mediocre manager of a business with a total psychopathic nutjob.

So..thanks for that.
thumbs up...but no flag for you!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777
We pulled out of Vietnam due to public disinterest, so why wouldnt we help because of public interest? The media blitz? There isnt much. I have seen no commercials. This spread through the social network, and THEN the news picked up on it..

we should have never been in vietnam in the first place. nor should we ALWAYS try to be the "good guys" and invade a country with our military and "resources" because we "can" or because we think it is in the best interest to do so.(we have enough problems in america already. plus, we're already broke)

and if you weren't aware, social media has become the single greatest way to get information around to a group of people. (facebook IS social media)
edit on 7-3-2012 by taguon because: add

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, well, well.

What we have here by FB is the blatant control of people posting the facts. I know I have witnessed first hand at this site removing comments regarding anything against this.

Look I understand this guy may need to be stopped but look... If people are going to be ridiculed and lambasted by their peers whenever they post this info on their FB to try and show another side of the story then it is just asking for trouble either here at home or abroad.

It sickens me that it has got to this point but to be honest, I never even heard of this guy until a few hours ago and to see the reaction if you have an opposing view is startling. I'm not talking about aquaintances from a few years back... But from family and friends who have been duped by this video.

Sad day for the human race.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

I knew there was something up with this. I just really didn't know where to look. My first thought was, "this is for the Obama campaign." but then I was like, "Oh well, I still want to help these kids and raise awareness."

I never stopped to think how this could be a psy-op for something bigger. My thought right now, is that THIS COULD BE A PSY-OP FOR YOU TO TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS!! I'm glad this thread was made.. thank God for ATS members like you.

Despite the fact this could be a psy-op lets look at this from a different perspective, my perspective. This could be the first step in the world revolution. I would've never thought that people could band together like this for a cause. This event isn't just national, it's global.

If we can take this same bond that we have and apply it to bringing down those who are corrupt we may have something invaluable in a revolution. There is a small window that this could happen. Maybe not right after, but we could at some point say, "Hey, let's bring to light of what the tptb do in the dark. Let's show the world that more Kony's are in office controlling and monitoring your every thought, watching your every movement. Who shall we strike down next?" This is what I hope, it could be a pipe dream.. but that doesn't mean we should give up.

In the end. I'm still going to help. As of right now, all of this is speculation and people are going to believe what they want based off two things, logic and/or fear. Plus, I want to put up posters with others and enjoy the moment...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by daveyboy1991
Then it hit me, this guy could have been made up for all we knew, but because the video was so well put together making an impact on us, none of us really asked questions.

Yes

Its a pity we don't have some sort of way to research if this guy is even real..I don't know..some sort of electronic device that is connected globally to various institutions that research and report stuff.

Well, I guess thats just my dreamy futurist ideas taking hold of me...I think one day, maybe in a thousand years, people will communicate not face to face as we are doing now, but through a sort of magical device that shares information...and collects data all around the world. Why, you could probably even just search on some word and go to a library or newspaper outlet from years ago.

It would be like a giant international thing..a huge network of magic boxes..international network..oh hell, thats too many words..lets just shorten it...call it a inter..erm..intertube. yes (will probably run on a series of tubes).

So, they could go on this intertube and search for say, joseph kony..go to some reputable place...and get relevant information.

ahh, sorry...dreaming sci-fi again.
Welp, back to sloppin the hogs and churnin my butter...been a pleasure talking to you Mr odd person with a tv screen for a head.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
I never even heard of this guy until a few hours ago and to see the reaction if you have an opposing view is startling.

You haven't heard of the guy until a few hours ago.

You can check to see the guy is a monster.

Somehow you have an opposing view..from a few hours ago, you somehow know more about this guy than 20 years of documentation.

Do you normally auto-jump on an opposing view of anyone catagorically seen as a monster by pretty much everyone on earth just to feel like a rebel?

The guy needs to be taken out
Seal team 6...roll.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Why. Do the politicians. Cherry pick their so-called humanitarian missions? If this story is true then this horrific monster should have been brought down by the allmighty force for public good, the UN, they had no trouble invading resource rich countries for much less heinous things than what we see in that video.

This guy may be real, and if so, bring him down.

I'm calling shenanigans on this one, the sheep are lining up.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Seal team 6...roll.

What happens then? It's not that easy. It's not that simple. Many of those people he abducted will never fit into normal society. It's likely one of his second in command will just step up or they will kill each other in an attempt to fill the power vacuum.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This is not about Invisible Children, it's about Kony.

I couldn't give a crap about mid-class,hippie european kids founding an organization for peace and love.

This is about taking down that man.I don't think America should get involved, too controversial.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Seal team 6...roll.

What happens then? It's not that easy. It's not that simple. Many of those people he abducted will never fit into normal society. It's likely one of his second in command will just step up or they will kill each other in an attempt to fill the power vacuum.

It is a start
first off, stops a boogieman, and second, sends a warning to other would be independent criminal overlords.
there is no reason not to...will it solve the world problems? nope, hell no..but it may allow for a tiny sunbeam to shine through. might even start a movement worldwide for people to look at their own backyard and take care of these criminals and sycophants.

This isn't some actual dictator..it is a gang leader...the governments are asking for help.
But a idea is strong..the idea of this Kony guy inflicts terror in small police forces..take out the guy, and its just some random criminals to sort out..not to mention a civil war between the factions within the organization itself, weakening it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by seenavv

Sorry, i didn't necessarily mean that as an attack against you in particular. I have been aware of Kony and the acts he perpetrates for a long time. My background is conflict resolution / peace keeping. I have long standing friends still involved in this field all over the world but many have worked in areas where Kony has been active. As such, i have a deep rooted hatred for the man and everything he stands for.

Take the Democratic Republic of the Congo. There has been there now for 40 years. Think about that. Every dark act that has been committed in modern humanity in the last 40 years has happened at some point there, every torture you can possibly imagine simply for not being fast enough to hide in the forests. And during that 40 year period of hell, the most feared of all is Joseph Kony and the LRA.

Child soldiers can be rehabilitated. Look at work in Sierra Leone with the child soldiers from the civil war or even in Liberia (to a lesser extent).

I remember when my wife (then girlfriend) was going through her Masters at SCAR (then ICAR) at George Mason. She talked about this guy quite a few times. The things he has done to children are not actually fit to be discussed in public, but we should, if only to illustrate what a foul human he truly is.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Thank you OP, I was having this very conversation with another person who was literally saying "something have to be done". I told them this Kony story is a ploy to get into that country and take over, it wasn't about children. They tug at the heart strings saying look at the inhumane things this supposed man is doing to all those poor children we must stop him. Hmm, didn't they play the same game on Saddam Hussein with the story of Kuwaiti newborns being tossed out of their incubators to justify going into Iraq? Those pictures of people who care about what's happening in Uganda tipped their hand, some of those people despise other people judging from their past interactions so how on earth can they give a doggone for children? When will Americans learn, when?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
No #. It is very concerning that the masses are falling for it.

I have completely lost trust in Humanity now

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
visiblechildren.tumblr.com... That's the tumblr link that Facebook apparently blocked posted in the opening post. Am I missing something here? It's working perfectly for me, I can still access it both directly and through Facebook.

Anyway, is there any actual proof this is some sort of phy-op? Because I've done a little research and so far I'm seeing nothing. From what I can tell this is exactly what it seems, a bunch of regular people who want to do good but unfortunately don't seem to know the best way to go about it. So far I can see some glaring flaws in how they want things done and how they do things but I do support their (seemingly) main goal. Which is to bring the atrocities to Kony has committed to light.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join