It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook down? ( Maybe just the uk?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hey all, Ive noticed that facebook is down. (In the UK it seems anyway!)
Anyone know whats happened & Confirm?

Cheers Mike

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
it's working fine for me

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Obsidian303

I also cannot go on Facebook, but my partner could so was using a tablet and there was no problem.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Thanks for your replys.
Just after i posted this thread, Damn facebook is now working again!.
( Mods if this is in the wrong forum can you move please?)
Wonder what happened though?
I think it was quite widespread through Europe for a few hours.

Mike

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
We should all hope and PRAY...it stays down for good. Live a REAL life

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Bitter much?I'm assuming you don't use facebook.How dare anyone on ATS go against people like you and do what's right for them!!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Bitter much?I'm assuming you don't use facebook.How dare anyone on ATS go against people like you and do what's right for them!!

You know for a fact that every time it blinks, ppl come here and "ZOMG IS TEH FACEBOKZ DOWN!!! WAS IT ANON!!" and we have these threads.

Just wait till tomorrow when the FBI take down the interwebs and people think every single timeout is a catastrophe!!

Make the zuck be stricken down by almighty tweety.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Same thing here in South Africa, was down for a while (only going through certain Service Providers though)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

ZOMG!!! The FBI is going to take the interwebs down tomorrow?! Whatever will I do!?!??! Oh,I know start a thread here about it!

ETA Sorry,op no problems here in the US as far as I know.Facebook is working fine for me.

edit on 7-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Was down in South Africa over a number of ISP's, and I read an artical that it was down in other parts of the world as well.

The article went on about how Facebook might have been hacked....

However it was more of an DNS issue as I could not resolve the name from multiple ISP's, someone must have made a mistake with the DNS for the domain.... would not like to be that guy at this time

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I most assuredly have more than one acct. You are SOOOOOOO wrong! Hardly bitter either about my other 3 accts with FB. Just a realist in not being SOOOO dependant on technology. Permanent blackout-power outages are inevitable...and what are you gonna do? Nothing. Not so for me....wait....OH MY GOD NOOOO! ATS just went down...oh wait. PHEW! There it is....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
reply to post by nightstalker78

I most assuredly have more than one acct. You are SOOOOOOO wrong! Hardly bitter either about my other 3 accts with FB. Just a realist in not being SOOOO dependant on technology. Permanent blackout-power outages are inevitable...and what are you gonna do? Nothing. Not so for me....wait....OH MY GOD NOOOO! ATS just went down...oh wait. PHEW! There it is....

My reply was to your first post...you were saying people don't live a 'real life' because they use facebook.I don't know about you..but I certainly have a real life outside of facebook.And the internet

top topics

join