It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infamous international hacking group LulzSec (Anonymous) brought down by own leader 3/6/2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
I'm one of the "jack-booted thugs", a cop, that everyone on the internet loves to hate. I do not condone police brutality just as I don't condone internet brutality. Hacking and destroying others properties is wrong and should be punished not commended.

What property has anon destroyed? Do you mean the delay of HBGary's sweet government contract to disseminate propaganda and entrap people through internet "personas"? You surely dont equate ddos virtual "attacks" as the crippling and too often murderous real life physical attacks on innocent citizens by the police.

At least anon speaks and acts, in its limited ways, against corruption, greed and human rights abuses.
When was the last time you did this, mr.cop?

On the article, so billions of dollars lost by governments and corporations, huh? What a crock!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe this guy is now working for the gov. You would think they wouldn't want to hire someone that they caught due to lazyness.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug
I find it hard to believe this guy is now working for the gov. You would think they wouldn't want to hire someone that they caught due to lazyness.

The story suggests they didn't catch him due to laziness, but because someone doxed him online and the FBI began following from there. He doesn't seem to be lazy, just focusing his abilities in a way the government thinks is negative.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
i was right *does a dance*

Sabu has been arrested before... he was easy to turn... Anon is going down faster than Bill Maher's ratings!!!!

One turn over, internet exploded and boom done

I still think this is going to create some backlash and there is a possibility that attacks have already been set up for pre-release dates....such as countdown virus code. Dying to get more info on this story....wish more than one news agency would have rights to this to get the skinny. A single source implies a lot of manipulation.

I know what happened.. I even mentioned it in the chatroom.. people will back me up.. It's nice to not sound crazy for once, when things happen..

There was a HUGE split a week ago, Sabu got picked up by his handler... Anon did a massive split along with other net groups... it's falling apart now... Just a matter of time

YAY FOR JUSTICE!

I dont see you dancing around to bring even ONE of the criminal bankers to justice. How about getting all giddy about cheney or the bush cabal doing time? We still have politicians who were involved with the 80s Iran-Contra scandal directly influencing national affairs. Lol yet you do the happy dance for imprisoning people who bring corruption to the publics' attention, expose underhanded contracts between the govt and totalitarian corporations that harm citizens with unconstitutional practices such as HBGary. Dont forget, anon also waged war on deep web pedophilia successfully. Something that team america world police casually overlooked since the internet began. Is that one of the reasons you are so eager to incarcerate anon, perhaps? There has to be an agenda behind your drive.

So, if you are rooting against the good guys, that makes you what exactly?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
How come they can charge these guys with conspiracy? Yet the traitors from the Brookings Institute who are trying to start a false flag operation to trump up a war with Iran are not charged with conspiracy. Which among them has hurt America more?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No idea whats going on.. but anonymous ''Sabu'' is still on twitter, and has been posting since the beginning.. so I very much doubt it's him..
Smells like fresh bull**** to me...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume
No idea whats going on.. but anonymous ''Sabu'' is still on twitter, and has been posting since the beginning.. so I very much doubt it's him..
Smells like fresh bull**** to me...

I saw there is someone posting under what appears to be his name, but that could easily be another member of his group posing either as him or that has taken over his account. That or the FBI is intentionally letting him post, but in light of the news stories about him that are out, the posts going up don't seem to make sense if they are Sabu himself.

Actually the twitter account for him seems to have quit posting yesterday sometime based on the time stamps I am seeing.
edit on 3/6/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Another interesting story posted about Sabu impersonating an agent....

Sabu Impersonating FBI Agent

It was revealed today that the notorious Anonymous hacker Hector Monsegnur—a.k.a. "Sabu"—has been cooperating with the Feds for months, and even worked off a computer they gave him for some time. But that doesn't mean Mosegnur is a fed, as he learned last month when he was arrested by NYPD for trying to pass himself off as an FBI agent.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
conspiracy? Against what...the government?

How about conspiracy against the people? God forbid you actually give THEM justice!

They can shove and push and feed you the dirt from their outhouse floor...it's all fine and dandy until you actually get dirt on their shoes...social equality and political justice is all a freakin' joke...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
FYI:
From Death+Taxes - Anonymous has grown beyond #LulzSec and @anonymouSabu
(extract)

Anonymous’ efforts are truly global now and ever-shifting. Unless people believe that stool pigeon Sabu’s opera singing is evidence of some international, multi-state false flag conspiracy to nab radical hackers, Anonymous likely won’t be slowing down anytime soon.
Here’s a suggestion to the FBI: Maybe you should spend a little less time pursuing Anonymous and put more effort into bringing to justice the white-collar criminals who crashed the economy in 2008, thereby pocketing billions and evaporating middle class savings, delaying retirement, and sending families into the grip of poverty; driving individuals to suicide, or illegal and prescription drug use to numb the pain; to theft, alcoholism, and welfare that the GOP hates so much; and saddling college graduates with hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt from which they won’t soon liberate themselves.
Yes, one can see how a DDoS attack launched against Sony Pictures would be a priority. The FBI does work for politicians after all, who are kept in office by the campaign donations of corporations.
Indeed, the FBI, like Sabu himself, knows the following maxim all too well: you’re always somebody’s bitch.

Shared via Anonymous Twitter account: @AnonymousIRC
edit on 6/3/2012 by drakus because: Better life, better ways

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
FYI:
From Death+Taxes - Anonymous has grown beyond #LulzSec and @anonymouSabu
(extract)

Anonymous’ efforts are truly global now and ever-shifting. Unless people believe that stool pigeon Sabu’s opera singing is evidence of some international, multi-state false flag conspiracy to nab radical hackers, Anonymous likely won’t be slowing down anytime soon.
Here’s a suggestion to the FBI: Maybe you should spend a little less time pursuing Anonymous and put more effort into bringing to justice the white-collar criminals who crashed the economy in 2008, thereby pocketing billions and evaporating middle class savings, delaying retirement, and sending families into the grip of poverty; driving individuals to suicide, or illegal and prescription drug use to numb the pain; to theft, alcoholism, and welfare that the GOP hates so much; and saddling college graduates with hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt from which they won’t soon liberate themselves.
Yes, one can see how a DDoS attack launched against Sony Pictures would be a priority. The FBI does work for politicians after all, who are kept in office by the campaign donations of corporations.
Indeed, the FBI, like Sabu himself, knows the following maxim all too well: you’re always somebody’s bitch.

Shared via Anonymous Twitter account: @AnonymousIRC
edit on 6/3/2012 by drakus because: Better life, better ways

That guy sounds like he has a serious issue with Sabu like maybe a personal friend or hacker buddy. Also seems to want to trump up the noise trying to say that Sabu meant nothing. If he meant nothing to the movement as a whole then why is the whole movement talking about him. Best way to avoid focus is to not focus.....seems they also have some to learn about displacing and randomizing. While they don't want to be a "group" with "members", that is exactly what they are. You can't arrest a movement but you can arrest the members involved, and you can arrest them in a group as they did with the 6 they arrested.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You know, who's to say that Anonymous or LulzSec didn't concoct this as a plan?

Hacker1: "Hey, bro, we're gonna choose someone to act as our leader, then have him turn us in."

Hacker2: "WHAT?!"

Hacker1: "Hold on, listen. Here's the catch: they will only catch a few of us...there'll be a hundred more out there. But once they arrest a handful, we'll lay low."

Hacker2: "Okay...?"

Hacker1: "Then, after they're convinced we're done, we stealthily shut down every circuit. Open assaults don't work, so we gotta be sneaky."

Hacker2: "Dude..."

Hacker1: "Yeah bro?"

Hacker2: "You're a (bleep) genius."

Sneaky little devils.

edit on CTuesdaypm232354f54America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I can't argue with the logic of the big boys stealing the country blind and little is done while resources are used to hunt down those involved in ddos attacks. Not saying either is actually right but the priorities do not seem correct. Of course it helps to own the government while following a path a destruction to others.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I can't argue with the logic of the big boys stealing the country blind and little is done while resources are used to hunt down those involved in ddos attacks. Not saying either is actually right but the priorities do not seem correct. Of course it helps to own the government while following a path a destruction to others.

When was the last time the government's priorities were what we would call "correct"?

edit on CTuesdaypm353519f19America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Posted this on another thread in response..

The funny thing about this is that the FBI still likes to link LulzSec to Anonymous as if Anonymous has a membership/leadership structure.. it confounds me how most people don't understand what Anonymous actually is.

The response from "Anonymous" really says it best..

On Twitter, members of Anonymous were quick to react to the news, saying that the movement has no leader and that the hackers’ arrests would not impact the group’s efforts.

The account @YourAnonNews, which has been a reliable source of news about the group in the past, commented on the story, saying, “Never forget: We are Legion. We do not have a leader nor will we ever.”

ANYONE is Anonymous.. there's no weekly meetings, there's no leader... there's only random individual hackers who take up the banner of Anonymous.. or individuals who band together for certain projects.. but that's all it is .. that is what makes Anonymous so powerful ... it's a headless beast.

LulzSec actually did have some organizational structure.. Anonymous does not.. this makes LulzSec vulnerable.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
They rolled him because of his kids. he has custody of two. The FBI told him he would do time unless he cooperated. Apparently his kids are first priority to him.

the "no such thing as a leader in anonymous" concept is, I believe, not true at all. In any gang of males leaders arise. The hacker community rewards raw skill by elevating the skillful to positions of influence. As I understand it, the less skillful hackers doted on him and sent him "offerings" every time they found a vulnerability. His praise would elevate the praised in the hacker community. I think there are only a few of these guys who really understand what they are doing at a deep level and quite a lot of hacker wannabes who will do what they are told, such as be willing distributors for DoS attacks and so forth. Script kiddies are kind of the hacker army of bots where folks like this guy are the brains of the operation.

It's really no diffrerent than a pack of wolves with an alpha male or a troop of baboons. Say what you want but the FBI did a bang-up job here by going for the top rather than wasting time with the minions. Now the herd is completely gobsmacked and hasn't a clue who they can trust. That's gotta be bad for morale.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I believe, not true at all. In any gang of males leaders arise.

If you've been around a while and understood the history of "Anonymous" you'd know better =) .. besides .. there's a LARGE number of female hackers in this day and age.. you'd be surprised

It's existed for a long long time, it's never been an organized thing.. there may be pockets of organization, little sub-groups within the movement but that's it ...

The Anonymous movement really took root at 4chan .. that and IRC

Many "anonymous" members come into the group, do an "operation" and then are gone back to their normal lives .. some of them stick around for years.. many of them don't even have a known nickname.. many are just individual people who take up the banner.. some are existing hacker groups that are crediting anonymous .. there's even instructions on how to make your own "official" video as anonymous..
edit on 3/6/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If you want to see if its true or not, wait for a video. it would fit their style. guy comes on and sais, "didnt get me." or something intellectual like that, or someone is gonna come on and say, "were not done, weve grown." and least likely, but barely, you wont hear a thing from em. i think its comment number two.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by schuyler
I believe, not true at all. In any gang of males leaders arise.

If you've been around a while and understood the history of "Anonymous" you'd know better =) .

Let's see. I've been programmer since 1973 and a sysadmin on the Net since 1993, before there was a world wide web when people used gophers and pine, and on Fidonet years before that and I began using Linux when it still came on two 5-1/4" floppy disks, so, yeah, I've been around for awhile. Thanks.

besides .. there's a LARGE number of female hackers in this day and age.. you'd be surprised

Oh, please. It never ceases to amaze me how someone will try to skewer a general point with some irrelevant aside that doesn't matter in the least. Analogies are always imperfect. Hopefully most people are astute enough to recognize them. There may have been female hackers in this group, but they all sucked up to Sabu. I should have said "primate" or "animal" behavior rather than male behavior, if it makes y'all happier.

My point remains. They got the major half dozen guys and the repercussions are major. Every single person who worked with Sabu is now saying WTF. I don't buy off on this cultish notion that anonymous is somehow mysteriously powerful and organized in a way that defies detection any more than I believe the Illuminati secretly rule the world. The whole thing is delusional, though I understand why they would want to maintain the facade and pretend they had real power. Hubris is heady stuff. This bust has dramatically proven otherwise and anyone pretending to be an important player in anonymous is whistling past the graveyard about now.

I do hope they keep thinking they're so cool. That just means they will be more vulnerable. Whoever is left...is next.
edit on 3/6/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The offshoot of the loose network of hackers, Anonymous, believed to have caused billions of dollars in damage to governments, international banks and corporations, was allegedly led by a shadowy figure FoxNews.com has identified as Hector Xavier Monsegur. Working under the Internet alias “Sabu,” the unemployed, 28-year-old father of two allegedly commanded a loosely organized, international team of perhaps thousands hackers from his nerve center in a public housing project on New York’s Lower East Side. After the FBI unmasked Monsegur last June, he became a cooperating witness, sources told FoxNews.com.

That...is...so....cool.

It would make for an awesome movie IMO

edit on 6-3-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join