It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infamous international hacking group LulzSec (Anonymous) brought down by own leader 3/6/2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillerQueen
Well, many many people on ATS and elsewhere said it was a honeypot, turns out they were right. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. It was stupid to even imagine a merry band of do-gooder hackers as working with anyone else is a serious liability because they could always flip you if they get caught.

True, but having an international band of hackers also cuts down on the ability for ALL of the hackers to be caught. Kind of works like a dead drop I would say. Once they catch one they have to find out how they contacted the others to get the work done and out. Still, there would have to be some central organization to keep the updates and agenda on track. My guess is this hacker was caught a long time ago with this agenda on the brain and the government simply said to keep going while we trace your efforts and bust your counterparts around the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Interesting...

Although this does not add up.

en.wikipedia.org...

TOPIARY has been in custody since 2011....

Methinks this is disinfo, just trying to discredit ANON by associating them with government agents.

Nice try..

~Tenth

It also says in that wiki that Topiary was a reported member of LulzSec and that the leader, Sabu, said that Topiary was not whom they stated it was. Sounds like a lot of disinfo going on with this story.

If LulzSec was Anonymous's head then again I wonder what, if any action will be taken by the other hacker groups involved with them.

They also arrested someone they thought was Topiary but released him on house arrest without access to a PC. Anonymous and LulzSec sure did a lot for this guy in bringing his arrest to the news as well.
edit on 3/6/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
mobile.bloomberg.com... %2F

rt.com...

Few more links

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
mobile.bloomberg.com... %2F

rt.com...

Few more links

Interesting...the second link shows that they arrested Topiary again. From the post before about the wiki page it made it sound as if he was already arrested. The story gets deeper!

The five charged were identified as Ryan Ackroyd, aka "Kayla" and Jake Davis, aka "Topiary" from London, two Ireland residents Darren Martyn, aka "pwnsauce" and Donncha O'Cearrbhail, aka "palladium", and Jeremy Hammond aka "Anarchaos," from Chicago.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Sadly, it will probably not have as big of an effect as it should, especially on those who seem to somewhat idolize them.

Or maybe its because some people aren't tarded enough to fall into the belief that there is a group called anonymous. But, the people who actually hang out on the "anonymous" forums would know that.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sabu is a snitch. lol
you know what snitches get, Sabu..
Stitches, or ditches! lol

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Need to wait a few hours for the reporters to sort themselves out, also that wiki page has been mentioned by the lulzsec guys prob not the best source of info.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Broken Circles, governments are bad. All of them. Some of them more than others, some in different ways to others. But they are all institutionally programmed to do things that a fair minded person would never have them do in a million years. An example would be cutting benifits, rather than ensuring that massive companies do not dodge a years worth of the GDP of the nation in tax. They would rather mess with the healthcare system, than clean up the enormous waste expenditure in every department of Whitehall, that costs the taxpayer billions a year.

Anything which is NOT the government, may just be a better bet, or is at least more likely to contain decent, honourable, fair minded people. Governments do not. Governments are populated at best by pontificating farts who have no idea what a hard life feels like, and at worst by horrible trolls like David Cameron who do not really care how hard life is for people, as long as businessmen and bankers can continue to be the same fat, useless, workshy, soft handed layabout paper pushers they have always been, and continue to pay his party for the privillege.

Anon, was for the people, by the people, and that is ok by me.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Need to wait a few hours for the reporters to sort themselves out, also that wiki page has been mentioned by the lulzsec guys prob not the best source of info.

Exactly....seems the reporters were more in a hurry to get the story out to be the first. I am also wondering how Fox got the exclusive on this. Adds a bit more to the mystery at this point. Makes me wonder about the contacts news agencies have to get stuff like this first, or if it was all played out by the LulzSec guys themselves.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Exactly....seems the reporters were more in a hurry to get the story out to be the first. I am also wondering how Fox got the exclusive on this. Adds a bit more to the mystery at this point. Makes me wonder about the contacts news agencies have to get stuff like this first, or if it was all played out by the LulzSec guys themselves.

FOX are linked to more hacking than anonymous via news corp....

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maponos

FOX are linked to more hacking than anonymous via news corp....

Very true...I would also wonder if the media had a hand in supporting the hackers in order to create news stories.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
More stories about Sabu from Fox

Unmasking Hacker

Mastermind Turns on Minions

These are some interesting stories and I am a bit skeptical again on how this news source got this much information in such a short period of time on the people involved.

Story keeps getting better.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
i was right *does a dance*

Sabu has been arrested before... he was easy to turn... Anon is going down faster than Bill Maher's ratings!!!!

One turn over, internet exploded and boom done

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Sabu has been arrested before... he was easy to turn... Anon is going down faster than Bill Maher's ratings!!!!

I still think this is going to create some backlash and there is a possibility that attacks have already been set up for pre-release dates....such as countdown virus code. Dying to get more info on this story....wish more than one news agency would have rights to this to get the skinny. A single source implies a lot of manipulation.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

I still think this is going to create some backlash and there is a possibility that attacks have already been set up for pre-release dates....such as countdown virus code. Dying to get more info on this story....wish more than one news agency would have rights to this to get the skinny. A single source implies a lot of manipulation.

I know what happened.. I even mentioned it in the chatroom.. people will back me up.. It's nice to not sound crazy for once, when things happen..

There was a HUGE split a week ago, Sabu got picked up by his handler... Anon did a massive split along with other net groups... it's falling apart now... Just a matter of time

YAY FOR JUSTICE!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Well that would be interesting if they just fell apart. Not sure if I would consider this justice yet as nothing has really happened. The organization as a whole may have taken a hit but depending on the number of "members" or cells they could quite possibly come back stronger with a more intense attack and a leadership cell that is more inclined to do harm than good. The problem with extremist type groups is the mentality of "if I can't have it, nobody can" then the real SHTF stuff happens.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Well that would be interesting if they just fell apart. Not sure if I would consider this justice yet as nothing has really happened. The organization as a whole may have taken a hit but depending on the number of "members" or cells they could quite possibly come back stronger with a more intense attack and a leadership cell that is more inclined to do harm than good. The problem with extremist type groups is the mentality of "if I can't have it, nobody can" then the real SHTF stuff happens.

These kids NEED their computers its like a drug, this hacking thing... Without it they are nothing... Right now they are starting to abandon ship... They dont want to get rolled over... Sabu was the most notorious and he snitched.... Thats rule number 1.... No snitchin!

I bet they threatened him with Gitmo and he rolled over so fast.. The rest arent going to be so lucky...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The effect of this will be to limit the size and capability of such groups now that future participants know that there is a possibility of being outed in a sting operation.
I expect a move out of the projects for hacker leader and possibly a job using the skills with a cyber group of some sort. Caring for family outweighs causes and slogans.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The problem with them trying to jump ship now is that the government would only release that Sabu was working with them after they had been able to cull as many members as possible. Even if they jump ship now they will most likely still get caught.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Broken Circles, governments are bad................

Anything which is NOT the government, may just be a better bet,.....
...mmmkk

So what you are basically saying, is that you will stand up against any government.

Also, you will stand beside anyone that has convinced you that they are anti-government.

Anon, was for the people, by the people, and that is ok by me.
maybe
maybe not

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join