It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Class Solar Flare. (just happened)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

HOLY CRUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read my post a few up! You have to be KIDDING me? This is going to cause even greater chaos than we saw with the Tornadoes last week. We are expecting more wind tomorrow and then storms rolling in on Thursday. If this is right then Thursday can be deadly for us in the Midwest again.

Post a new thread perhaps and link it to the events which it may trigger from west coast EQs to Midwest tornadoes.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

There actually is another thread discussing the storms and earthquakes found here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have had high winds here as well. I expect it is going to continue exspecially now with these new flares. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I think March Madness may have a new meaning soon.
edit on 6/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

Also it looks like sunspot 1430 just gave off an X-1.3 as well. I will post the data from that when it becomes available.
edit on 6/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well hopefully with the past two days it will get warmer and not colder.

BRR.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Here is a link to the data from the newest flares. It is really getting active now.

www.raben.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I am sooo tired from battling the 50+mph winds today while planting the gardens, I am going to do all I can to stay awake long enough to listen to the weather expert on coastocoastam tonight or actually in 1 hour. Hope you get to listen as well.
Thank you for the info btw. I feel like you have a watchful eye and know what you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Deffinitely going to tune in tonight. Do they still have hoagland doing the science stuff or have they replaced him?
I find this stuff interesting. Most of what I know is self taught. I took one backyard astronomy course only to find out I wouldn't learn anything new. I just learn as I go and this weeks sun sure is giving me alot to study. And man are the winds still howling here right now as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

here is the link:

First Hour: Researcher Robert Felix talks about climate and unusual weather.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh, Thanks, it's been a while. I usually catch the archived stuff people put on youtube, but I think I will listen live tonight. It sounds like it will be a good show.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Here is a good example of a good time to look. This is the current forecast for tonight. You see that the auroral ring moves with the solar wind as the planet spins on it's axis. I just hope the timing of the impacts coincide with night time here in the U.S. We will just have to wait and see. There should be an estimated time of impact posted soon, once they crunch all the data.

helios.swpc.noaa.gov...

edit on 6/3/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
"Major X5.4 Solar Flare March 7, 2012"

Major X 5.4 Solar Flare !!
The second strongest solar flare of Solar Cycle 24 and the Second X-Flare from Active Region 11429. This major event measured X 5.4 at 00:24 UTC and triggered a strong R3 Level Radio Blackout. A coronal mass ejection was captured shortly after and is likely to be headed earths way. more information shortly.

The expected CME from March 4 has impacted the earths magnetic field moments ago, causing the Bz component of the IMP to deviated sharply southward to - 18 nT. Geomagnetic storm should result in the next 3-4 hours.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Links -

INFO - (SpaceWeather.com)

MAJOR SOLAR FLARE - Big sunspot AR1429 has unleashed another major flare. This one is the strongest yet, an X5-class eruption on March 7th at 00:28 UT. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the extreme UV flash.

MORE - www.spaceweather.com...

ISWA Cygnet Streamer (CME Futures Data)
iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080...

Copyright NASA
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Our earth is made out of dirt and rock, those bigger planets are made out of gasses and maybe Jupiter has a solid core but I don't know for sure.
Our Sun is about normal size like most stars in our galaxy. But some can get really big like those great white giants.
You think our star (aka sun) is big?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Here is the first hour of the show for everyone. Said name above comes on to talk about the sun and climate change. (possible ice age), I'm just starting to listen myself. The first five minutes talk directly about the solar flares headed here and possible outcomes.

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Same sunspot just released an M-class flare headed straight for us. Should give the higher lattitude sky watchers a good show of auroras.

www.spaceweather.com...

ANOTHER CME IS HEADING FOR EARTH: Sunspot AR1429 has unleashed another strong solar flare, an M6-class eruption on March 9th at 0358 UT. The blast hurled a coronal mass ejection directly toward Earth (movie). According to analysts at the Goddard Space Weather Lab, the cloud will arrive on March 11th at 0649 UT (+/- 7 hr) adding to the geomagnetic unrest already underway.

Here is a link to a vidoe of the flare. www.spaceweather.com...

Here is the animated forecast track. iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov...
edit on 9/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added link

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join