It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Class Solar Flare. (just happened)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mattodlum

I've often asked myself the same question regaurding the moon and eclipses. It doesn't seem random by any means. It is as if it was placed their. Maybe oneday we will know the truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by intrptr

So, I'm just curious. How did our Sun, ever get to be that big of size? And why do the other planets get to be bigger than ours? I mean how did they get so big? How come the Earth isn't growing as large as those planets?

Those are really very good questions that I wish someone would answer too. Maybe Phage or Illustronic will pass by and add a note or two.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Great, now it looks like sun is about to engulf the Earth. Did you really have to put that image in my mind?

Wow. That is one big hole. That I don't think a golfer can miss.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The conventional theory is that 4.5 billion years ago there was a nebula region here and our star formed out of those gasses. Due to the heavy elements found here on the planet, it is believed the nebula was formed from the remnants of an exploded star. Some elements here on the planet do not form in the sun therefore they must have come from somewhere else.

The innermost planets, Mercury through Mars, (the rocky planets) were all believed to be formed out of the heavy dust and debris that was where our present day solars system is. The reason for their size would then depend on how much of that debris is in the orbital path of each building planet.

Astronomers believe that the gasses being lighter than rock is the reason for the formation of the Jovian planets much further out, although there have been many giant gassy exoplanets found close to other stars out there.

I'm no expert, just a curious fellow, but I hope this helps.
edit on 5/3/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Considering we have no clue how many stars there are, and also how many planets like earth there are, in my opinion, there are many many creations.... Just saying if we're created by God and his friends. I'm positive that we are not the only experiment/teaching tool. There are some secrets held inside us, that some people have unlocked. There was once a way that people communicated differently (telepathy). Somehow most of us have lost that ability, but it is still inside us. The great Pyramid has something to do with the whole big picture... Supposedly there was a cap stone made of Gold. What this has to do with us, I'm not sure. But someone or something has been keeping us on lock-down limiting our minds. (If this is the Devil, it must be a malevolent race of beings) Supposedly God cast them down to earth, and I think they live underground.) I think they have been there for longer than we can imagine, and they have been manipulating us for a very long time. Just my opinion I have gathered over my life, and from reading the bible and stuff.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

What an interesting comparison pic. It does put things into perspective like little else can. We're just a wee little rock in the void....

Something really makes me wonder in looking at pictures like this though. The blackness in the center of the spots.....is there anyone on here who can tell if that is really blackness in the way deep space looks black or is this just a blackout of detail/contrast because of the extreme brightness of the Sun's surface?

I wonder if there is something to be seen below the obvious with better optics and sensors. Oh well.... I hope that stays quiet. We don't need the excitement of something disruptive.....with half the world sitting on the wrong side of the peace/war equation.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

Great, now it looks like sun is about to engulf the Earth. Did you really have to put that image in my mind?

You asked for it. Intrptr calms Manhater by gently stroking her feathers...
Heres another. At the risk of off topic, sorry Marine...

The site is wordy, but the pic is priceless for seeing some scale and early solar system formation.

star forming

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

How come the Earth isn't growing as large as those planets?

Who says it isn't?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

No worries. Cool picture and informative link. I'm just glad to see good information being added here. For once a thread being productive and not destructive. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The reason for the black color is due to differences in temperature I believe. The spots are so much cooler in some areas that it appears black to us.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Good description. I am learning too. Just as long as it's OK with you, I thought I would bring an animation I found of a solar system during formation. This is a computer simulation based on programs fed into a "stupor" computer. But gives a convincing display.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

It really makes you think. We are nothing but tiny organisms in a giant space.

Makes me think about the next time I step on an ant.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Pretty cool. When I first started studying astronomy I bought a book simply titled "Universe". I believe it was put out by the smithsonian but I could be wrong. It covered everything from the big bang to the most modern and advanced knowledge. It is one I would highly suggest to anyone. I myself need to get an updated version.
edit on 5/3/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

So, I hope I am looking at that correct, is that suppose to be a simulation of the Sun spitting us out and making a creation of the formation of planets on some scale? Then you have to wonder, even if that did happen, how did life begin? And, don't start with Adam and Eve. HAHA If that's the case, if life began here, then as it should on other planets as well, just like us, in the same manner and in the same way, but with maybe older technology or newer advance technology. So, aliens then would exist. Hey, We just solved the alien conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I believe what that is showing is the detachment of gasses and debris that are not being sucked in by the new star being pushed out to then form the planets. The theory for the most probable delivery method of life was comets and asteroids. As well as being where our water came from. Now that is just a theory, but a plausible one in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Thanks for bringing that site animation that shows the sunspot creeping around to point at us again. Holding my breath... Nowadays the sun is always cool to look at what with all the new instruments keeping tabs and stuff.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I know ,I can't wait for the transit of Venus across the disk of the sun in june. I just orderd some now solar filter material to build a new filter to see it with.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

How come the Earth isn't growing as large as those planets?

Originally posted by Aliquandro

Who says it isn't?

Yep...stuff rains down on our heads all day long.

tons of dust from space

Around 15,000 metric tons of meteoroids, space dust, and debris of different types enters Earth's atmosphere each year.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

...just a blackout of detail/contrast because of the extreme brightness of the Sun's surface.

You said it. I think they use a filter and then enhance the contrast digitally. The whole sun is one very large bright nuke. And there are differences in temperature at sunspots as well. The darker areas of the sunspot (where the magnetic field lines go in and out) are a bit cooler. I don't know how much. Spots usually come in pairs. Both ends of the rainbow as it were.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

So, I hope I am looking at that correct, is that suppose to be a simulation of the Sun spitting us out and making a creation of the formation of planets on some scale? Then you have to wonder, even if that did happen, how did life begin?

Yah. Looking down on the sun at the early disk of the solar system at (200 AU) A long ways...
Nahhh, I'm not even going to go where life is from. I'm just happy it's here.
From somewhere...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join