It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
No assistance for states during catastrophes.
No more student loans.
No assistance to anybody for anything.

So, what does he plan to do with revenues?
Pay bills? What a bore.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Then the solution is that no one's money, corporations, banks or otherwise should be empowering them.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

I agree and I believe that the whole income tax deal is a sham.

Taxed to work is not right.

Then they take our blood, sweat, and tear money and throw it away on bs, such as political campaigns.

Star for you.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well said Pop's!
Ron's plans will not work with the way things are rigged right now.
There is a ton of regulations and laws that would have to be repealed as well if everyone is to be on their own. No one could survive the rules, fees, and Federal Government regulations that benefit the elite.

The Big Corporations and Banks need to be on their own as well, with no power to dictate policy in Washington to their benefit.

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Some of you are forgetting.

If a disaster like a big earthquake
california in this example, how does
a bankrupt state pay the aide fees?

Well, it does seem a little unfair...

If one state pays for all their aid
and has to tighten their belt
and the state next to them gets
to keep getting money and not
have to tighten the belt. Well one
can see where the problem lies..

Paul is right, although I find it senseless
to make the states *pay their bills*
then have to *sit down and shut up
when feds are sent in to trump their
states rights, and laws.

So in a perfect world Pauls proposal works
but not the way things are now.
edit on 4-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

You stated where you live? I don't see it, The first post mentions nothing about what state your from, but how your mothers mobile home was destroyed before...Ok you know what I will go off your location on your avatar the Midwest? Where in the Midwest? Oklahoma? Kansas?.. Anyways, the point is I was asking if you lived on the other side of the Mississippi river where the current tornadoes are occurring?

Also I am just here for the stars? Haha you must be serious? You registered late 2010 and you got double what I have in posts, stars etc. I registered in 2009, so yeah try again buddy...
edit on 4-3-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Romney is another vampire, like Obama, Bush etc that only serve the elite interests.
Ron Paul needs to start at the top and defang the special interests that have hijacked our government before taking from the little people, which is what Obama, Bush and Romney have already been doing.

Makes me wonder if Ron is a wolf in sheeps clothing, that will only take more from the majority of American's and let the Corporations and Banks keep their power.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

True but,

I see it how it really is.

Money rules and there is nothing us(me) common folks can do about it. I know it sounds cynical or whatever the proper word is but it is the truth.

Money makes the laws. Not the little people......

Untill 300,000,000 americans stand up all at once and demand change, this is what we have to deal with..

Anybody who thinks otherwise is living in a pipe dream.

One man cannot make a difference on the scale that is needed to steer our country in the right track.

Just my opinion and I believe it pretty strongly.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

It is also not the role of the government to pander to special interests like Goldman Sachs, MIC, GE etc to the expense of the rest of the nation.

The governments job is to serve the whole country, not a few elite at the top.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I GET what RP said, I do own home insurance even without new shoes and handbags! It sucks, but as a responsible person living in the Midwest it must be so.

As for the rest of what I think he meant was that States should be responsible not the Gov which is broke.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The Big Corporations and Banks need to be on their own as well, with no power to dictate policy in Washington to their benefit.

Unfortunately, for every every one billionaire there are a myriad of folks that can be bought.
Some things never change.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So interpretation of what Paul says is completely subjective? Hm. Interesting.

Those of you who are saying "I don't think he really means this", or "what he really meant was....."

need to think twice, perhaps?

It is very likely that what he is saying is exactly what he means.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Is the National Journal a reliable source does anybody know?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If people can not afford the proper insurance, then there are almost limitless other areas in our vast country to live that are less prone to twisters, earthquakes, and or hurricanes. People always MAKE EXCUSES on why they don't have the insurance, but really there is no excuse. IF YOU LIVE IN A DISASTER PRONE AREA IT IS YOUR DUTY TO HAVE INSURANCE. Not having insurance is a risk. It's less costly in the mean time, but as we can see here it can turn around and bite you.

I don't trust the insurance companies either to do what is right for the country, but only to stuff the CEO's pockets.

I remember before liability insurance for a car was the law, they told us insurance premiums would go down, but instead that went up, and conversely, I remember looking at the profits for these auto insurance companies, and the profits went up. Surprise surprise.

There is nothing that can be trusted anymore in this rotten country.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What if one of the states had completely mismanaged their finances and were practically a third-world economy ?

Would you tell the tornado victims in that state to just ''suck it up'' because they lived in an impoverished state ? So much for the ''United'' States of America !

What I've never understood about the Constitutional literalists and uber-libertarians is why they always bang on and on about ''states' rights'', yet still want to leech off the federal government.

Why not just break up the USA into 50 fully independent nations who have full autonomy over all of their affairs ? Ah no, because you couldn't cower behind the federal government when you need it.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
so what's the issue here?? it's how it should be. the states should be providing relief and help, not the gov't.
thats all he is saying

they have once again taken him out of context.
edit on 4-3-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

The states are in themselves the government. Its just that very often the states themselves can't handle the cost or have the physical assets to move into an area hit hard by a major disaster and do anything about it. Not on there own. Staes should be the lead and the National Guard can be called up by the state governor but often need additional assets such as advanced air bourn search capability that is often used for spying or AWACS capability.

Those have to come from the Feds because only the President can authorize US Forces to enter a state and under normal and not war conditions, the President must be given permission by the governor of a state to send in federal troops. Usually, but post 9/11 its a little more then murky, still.

The carnage all over the country country the last several days is horrendous. No one state can deal with the obliteration of a single town and infrastructure let alone multiple towns destroyed. Also the US Military has many resources state Guard factions don't. The Guard has often been the poor step child who get the rest of the military hand me downs.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here is the Interview in question.

The question comes around the 4:30 mark.

It is amazing to me how people do not get what he is saying....

The money the Federal Government give to these victims through FEMA is money that was already stolen from the States and from We the people. It is not free money. If we stopped having the Federal Government involved like this, we would have the money at the State level to help these people. We as individuals would have money to help as we saw fit. Why is this so hard to understand? What do you think happened before Federal Money was available? Natural Disasters have been around a lot longer than we have. Do you think we just left people to starve with no shelter prior to this time of giving away Federal Aid?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

No people don't understand instead I think what the OP was doing was just simply venting, because what he thought RP said. This thread just became more of a RANT then an actual political issue...
edit on 4-3-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I could not have put it any better than that. Star for you my friend.

Ron Paul is correct in his stance and as others have stated, the OP puts it in his own context rather than the one it was stated in.

My issue with Ron Paul is that the things he wants to go about doing such as this would do far more harm than good in a radical and abrupt manner. It would take years of reorganizing before it could be a transition to what he states. I like some American's fear that this process would be skipped more times than not under his presidency.

However, to date, the man is still the most viable option for the Republican Party/GOP and for Americans. Even if half of what he would impose scares the hell out of me.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

While I agree with your statement.

I would like to ask,

How long ago was it that the federal government did'nt run everything and who is the sole responsible president or congressman to blame for this?

I can do my research but I was throwing this question out there.

I think that it was so long ago that out current system was not as populated and spread across a vast distance of ground. Also we were not as dependant on the system we are now, such as electricity.

I am starting to realize that it was Lincoln that started this whole mess with the FED. But that is my opinion and I know he did other things that were good.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I looked everywhere for that vid an hour ago! Couldn't find it. Pfft.

Ron Paul is charming and at times, adorable. I like his lack of aggressiveness and his style of communication.
But here, he is just dancing. "FEMA gets in the way, blah, blah, people should have insurance, more blahblah.
Federal money is only money stolen from the states".

Cute. But what he is saying is:

No soup for you. Wing it alone.

We can't do it folks. We can't do it. Maybe someday, but not yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join