It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ron Paul's policies require people to think things through to a logical conclusion. All of his positions are consistent, but thinking is obviously too much to ask of people who need to be able to reduce everything to a soundbite to comprehend. So many comments in this thread prove this.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I respect you views TheLieWe Live.

I enjoy reading your posts.

I do think that as citizens we should come first, above any other nation or people. Then what we have left at the end of the day can be used to help other countries.

I am not asking for a handout, but I do not see a problem with helping out our countryman.

By the way the $1.8 billion dollars for FEMA is hardly breaking the bank. I believe that more there are bigger fish to fry if you want to talk about budget (fiscal) responsibility.
edit on 4-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Even if it wasn't required, I would still insure my house... Not insuring your assets is a huge gamble, and one I cannot afford to take.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Even if it wasn't required, I would still insure my house... Not insuring your assets is a huge gamble, and one I cannot afford to take.

I agree totally.

The problem is that money is tight. I am currently trying to make a difference in my family's future.

To have insurance would mean that we would be doing without somthing else.

Currently I have to rob Peter to pay Paul.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I will let you in on a little secret. Most poor people don't own homes. The landlords who own them take care of things like insurance....

I will let you in on a secret too. Some poor people do have homes, however small they may be. Some people have to prioritize their money towards food and bills and stuff and by the end of every month they are barely being kept afloat.

*SNIP* Ron Paul 2012 amirite?

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

edit on 3/5/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yeah money is tight. It will be a whole lot tighter if disaster struck, and my house got messed up. Paying to rebuild out of pocket is not really an option at all now.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Originally posted by TKDRL

I agree totally.

The problem is that money is tight. I am currently trying to make a difference in my family's future.

To have insurance would mean that we would be doing without somthing else.

Currently I have to rob Peter to pay Paul.

But that's your choice. You chose to own a home rather than rent. If you were renting, which is usually cheaper than paying a mortgage anyway, as said before, the landlord pays the insurance.
Ultimately it's your responsibility when buying a home to be sure that you can afford things like insurance. In fact, if you're not paying insurance, you're likely in violation of your mortgage agreement. If you own a home and don't have a mortgage, you're not as poor as you claim.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This issue can be contrued in so many different perspectives it's un-real.

I was once considered middle class. I own two small business, I pay property taxes on 2 properties, and I can say this. ..Maintaining insurance on both properties is very expensive, especially when your already taxed for sales, federal tax, school district tax, property taxes and so on..

Times are very tough right now so with that said, Yes. Yes, we should be able to afford disaster insurance but we're broke. We pay into the federal government so much we feel like slaves to the government. We bust our ass and worry ourselves to death on how were going to come up with money to pay the state and fed each year, that we feel like quitting. We don't feel free. ..it's a very scary feeling having the state comptroller walk into your office and hear " Next time we come back with a Sherrif to chains your doors shut".

What I'm saying I guess is that, Paul is right, we should be able to afford our own insurance.

He also believes we need to get rid of the tax code, and implement a more leinient system. Which would in turn provide us with more money to pay for coverage like that. ...he's right. Our system is sick and the reason he's viwed as a radical is because he acknowledges that fact and wants to change it.

His views aren't new ideas, these are the philosophies of our founders. Our "new government" have brainwashed so many with confusion and loss of foundation, that we can't see the truth when it's staring us in the face.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Well then I guess our views on where the poor line is drawn are not the same.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

i think his point was he lives in a tornado area so he DOES have insurance so if he were to be hit with one he would be preparied its like living in ca with out earthquake insurance or fire insurance in arizona.....so if he were to get hit with a tornado he would be ok...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
This is a Ron Paul thing. He always says this. Of course many large natural disasters are beyond the ability of a single state to deal with. Of course this is of course all talk. If Paul was President and a state suffered a massive disaster I very much doubt he would sit on Federal assets while people died. He has alway found ways and loops holes to do things while at the same time making it look like he was standing by his principles.

Herbert Hover believed in the same things, he sat on his ass while people starved for years.
Which opened the door for FDR's policies to be popular, cause and effect
edit on 4-3-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I agree with RP. Gov should not be spending my money on anything. Maybe people should movve away from states prone to tornadoes or deal with the cost themselves. I work to make a living for myself not you. I will help those I feel like helping. I don't need the Gov stealing my money to distrbute as it see's fit.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

Your whole comment is moot because I never said I am purchasing a home.

I like millions of other americans are renting.

Also if the land lord pays the insurance, do they not get the check?

I believe that you have to have renter's insurance.

If you feel like "schooling" me more, could you provide links for your info next time.
edit on 4-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

His views aren't new ideas, these are the philosophies of our founders. Our "new government" have brainwashed so many with confusion and loss of foundation, that we can't see the truth when it's staring us in the face.

Oh, how true.

This is the "New America".....the U.S. citizens of 2012 want the federal government to change their poopy diapers, feed them a ba-ba, and read them a friggin' bedtime story. But, by GOD, we are "The Land of the Free"and no one had better say otherwise!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No health care

No money for natural disaster victims

Getting rid of work regulations, giving companies the power to do what they want..

Talk about being consistent!

I just hope you people voting for grandpa are well off, financially... because if you're earning minimum wage or around there you're going to be screwed.

edit on 3/4/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I am not asking for a handout, but I do not see a problem with helping out our countryman.

Neither do I.....and if our federal government wasn't raping and pillaging it's population's earnings and spending taxpayer funds like a drunken sailor, then the states who experience these natural disasters would be able to offer the proper assistance to it's citizens who are victims without federal intervention.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Ron Paul's policies require people to think things through to a logical conclusion. All of his positions are consistent, but thinking is obviously too much to ask of people who need to be able to reduce everything to a soundbite to comprehend. So many comments in this thread prove this.

He is consistent I agree with you there!

He requires for people to drink his kool-aid that his ardent fanboys are making

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I agree, but this is the system we have.

Obvously it is not going to drastically change, so it is what we have to deal with.

For all of the people saying that we can make a difference, what happened to Occupy?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I agree with RP. Gov should not be spending my money on anything. Maybe people should movve away from states prone to tornadoes or deal with the cost themselves. I work to make a living for myself not you. I will help those I feel like helping. I don't need the Gov stealing my money to distrbute as it see's fit.

Oh thats brilliant. Just what state should everybody move to that has no chance of tonadoes, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, forest fires, blizzards, mud slides or any other kind of natural disaster. I was in a place once just like you want, it was called Somalia. No taxes and nobody helping anybody. Yeah brilliant.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join