Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims

page: 7
23
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001
 


Rotton country? Every been or lived in another one? Would open your eyes. No argument that the corrupt system that insures power and money stay with the ruling class, the flavor of the month. But the Republicans with the exception of Ron Paul, who I don't agree with on a several areas but also agree on many, think he has more integrity then the rest of the little clown car joy riders called the Republican party.

Unbelievable with a convicted criminal (Newt) our very own Taliban candidate (Santorum) and Romney who is for, ahh... what time is it? Its so pathetic and I was ashamed to admit I'm a recovering Republican formally very active at the national level until they said "get the government off our backs"! except when its what you do in your bedroom or private life and only if your a powerful corporation the rest of us "go away boy, we don't give a s***"

No longer have anything to be ashamed about. I would if because I do OK in my business one might think I should in my income bracket support those who care not at all for 99% of the US population, and they have no problem saying so. They disgust me.




posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01
 


Actually, I agree with him. What's the point of being forced to pay out the nose for insurance premiums if the insurance companies aren't going to do their part? I think insurance providers should be non-profit...period. It's turned into a lucrative business though, and it's criminal what many of them do. Insurance should work like a high interest earning account...if you never cash in on it, it should be refunded to your family at the time of your death, or stop paying once a certain amount has been reached. If insurance companies worked the way they were suppose to, the Federal government and the taxpayers wouldn't have to cover the difference. The entire system needs to be reworked.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
As long as the federal government takes their federal withholding from the paycheck of everyone there should be a safety net provided for people who don't earn enough to feed their family.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven
 



.if you never cash in on it, it should be refunded to your family at the time of your death, or stop paying once a certain amount has been reached. If insurance companies worked the way they were suppose to, the Federal government and the taxpayers wouldn't have to cover the difference.


If Insurance companies get in the business of returning premiums, then where would all the mega sums of money come from when there is a widespread disaster?



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I tend to look at the human species, existing a particular spiritual level if you will, or range of grade levels for another term, which never changes on earth. Example: Grades K through 6.

There are some at the K grade level and some at the 6 grade level but none are beyond that, until they pass on to higher dimensions, leaving the human experience behind for good.

It is the only thing that makes sense throughout the thousands of years humans have been here.
Nothing ever changes at an innate level but rather continues to go through the same cycles over and over and over. Studying ancient politics and cultures tends to show these peaks and dropoffs.

This country too will some day no longer exist and be another footnote in the victors history.
So, while your correct that we can't do anything about it, the "Free Market" of the world will decide that fate someday and the cycles will start anew and continue.






Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by jacobe001
 


True but,

I see it how it really is.

Money rules and there is nothing us(me) common folks can do about it. I know it sounds cynical or whatever the proper word is but it is the truth.

Money makes the laws. Not the little people......

Untill 300,000,000 americans stand up all at once and demand change, this is what we have to deal with..

Anybody who thinks otherwise is living in a pipe dream.

One man cannot make a difference on the scale that is needed to steer our country in the right track.

Just my opinion and I believe it pretty strongly.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal
 


Thanks for the link. I have been out of touch a few days, the video makes things much clearer.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven
 





The entire system needs to be reworked.


I could'nt agree more.

The problem is money.

I looked up a few numbers on Allstate.

Allstate sponsors many sporting events, including the Allstate Sugar Bowl, the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard NASCAR race, and the United States Olympic Committee. In 2009, Allstate's total revenue was $32 billion, of which $26.2 billion came from Property Liability.[6]Elliott, Stuart. "Allstate Adds Villian, With Car Insurance as the Hero". The New York Times. www.nytimes.com... Retrieved 2012-01-28.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allstate

It says their operating costs are $1.493 billion...

We are getting ripped off and it floors me how many people say "get insurance". "If you do not have insurance you are lazy".....

It is really sickening. Insurance is a scam.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Can anybody find out if RP is taking money from the insurance industry.

I feel this is one piece of the puzzle overlooked.

If he is, then it does not surprise me.

If he is'nt, then that surprises me.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture
 


Sorry, I said it in haste and then regained my perspective.

This is all temporal in the long run anyhow, and the human condition will work itself out until the next cycle starts.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01
 


Try here
97% came from individual contributions.
edit on Sun, 04 Mar 2012 17:25:53 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL
 


Thanks for the info.

I was just looking at that site.

I am surprised at the results.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01
 


When I first heard of Ron, I thought doctor, probably in pharma's pocket and tried to find a connection lol.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by TKDRL
 


Thanks for the info.

I was just looking at that site.

I am surprised at the results.


That's twice surprised innit! The man's not for being bought. A little secret,... that's also why officialdom is so afraid of him.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Here is the Interview in question.



The question comes around the 4:30 mark.

It is amazing to me how people do not get what he is saying....

The money the Federal Government give to these victims through FEMA is money that was already stolen from the States and from We the people. It is not free money. If we stopped having the Federal Government involved like this, we would have the money at the State level to help these people. We as individuals would have money to help as we saw fit. Why is this so hard to understand? What do you think happened before Federal Money was available? Natural Disasters have been around a lot longer than we have. Do you think we just left people to starve with no shelter prior to this time of giving away Federal Aid?



What makes this unworkable is this. Every state would have to have massive assets and a huge increase in crisis reponse abilities. So instead of a Federal organization that combines the nations assets you would have 50 organizations all with the same redundent capabilites and costs. The costs for that and the incredible amount of waste would be staggering.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by MrWendal
Here is the Interview in question.



The question comes around the 4:30 mark.

It is amazing to me how people do not get what he is saying....

The money the Federal Government give to these victims through FEMA is money that was already stolen from the States and from We the people. It is not free money. If we stopped having the Federal Government involved like this, we would have the money at the State level to help these people. We as individuals would have money to help as we saw fit. Why is this so hard to understand? What do you think happened before Federal Money was available? Natural Disasters have been around a lot longer than we have. Do you think we just left people to starve with no shelter prior to this time of giving away Federal Aid?



What makes this unworkable is this. Every state would have to have massive assets and a huge increase in crisis reponse abilities. So instead of a Federal organization that combines the nations assets you would have 50 organizations all with the same redundent capabilites and costs. The costs for that and the incredible amount of waste would be staggering.


Oh no, RP actually addressed that by given FEMA the role that they should play in crisis management, (since they are there) in that he is correct. States in turn have their role to play in being on the ground, and rather than WOULD having a need for massive assets, SHOULD have massive assets, in the way of set-aside monies in reserve for just such a scenario, so that they cannot fail.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
reply to post by Gseven
 



.if you never cash in on it, it should be refunded to your family at the time of your death, or stop paying once a certain amount has been reached. If insurance companies worked the way they were suppose to, the Federal government and the taxpayers wouldn't have to cover the difference.


If Insurance companies get in the business of returning premiums, then where would all the mega sums of money come from when there is a widespread disaster?


You're joking, right? At any given time, only a fraction of the population needs to file insurance claims. You're basing your thoughts on the way the system currently works, and I get that. But take this into consideration...

1. Insurance companies become non-profit...period.
2. No more random, false, or criminally motivated claims that sap the system of it's funds, because....
3. When you file a claim, it's coming directly out of your account, and you'll have to pay it back over time.
4. No lawsuits against insurance companies, because the insurance holders are wholly responsible for what they use.

The items I laid out above are the BIGGEST parasites of our insurance systems. As I said before, the insurance way of life is a VERY lucrative business. That, in and of itself, is a parasitic function that is criminal in my mind. Why would anyone be able to make a posh living off of my insurance premiums, and why should they spend it if I never use it, rather than my family getting it back upon my death? The larger "pot" of unused money earns large amounts of interest. I'm not suggesting that we get refunded the interest...just the premiums. There would more than enough to go around if the system worked as honestly as this.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01
 


Another guy who is clueless as to the subject matter he is complaining about...what a surprise. Ron Paul supports ending all foreign aid. He also supports massive cuts in taxes and federal spending...which equates to more money in your pocket which would give you the ability to afford insurance and other everyday things.

If you live in an area known for disasters and don't have insurance, why do you expect someone else to pay for your ignorance? If you are a stunt driver, and don't have health insurance, will you expect others to pay if you are injured? No.

Those like liejunk01 and Outkast Searcher eat up these kind of threads that are taken totally out of context, despite being members of a community that claims to "Deny Ignorance". By blatantly ignoring truth and not properly researching the subject matter, you are only encouraging ignorance.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven
 





There would more than enough to go around if the system worked as honestly as this.


Unfortunately, it doesn't. A lot of people in this thread are deliberately ignoring that insurance companies will fight tooth and nail to keep your money without upholding their ends of the bargain.

They are unreliable when it really counts.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Gseven
 





There would more than enough to go around if the system worked as honestly as this.


Unfortunately, it doesn't. A lot of people in this thread are deliberately ignoring that insurance companies will fight tooth and nail to keep your money without upholding their ends of the bargain.

They are unreliable when it really counts.


Thats when they even bother to pay at all instead of just declaring bankruptcy and walking away.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The Federal Govt at this point in time, comes up with the money needed to help victims of everything, by printing it.

So we are borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

RP wants states and people to learn how to take care of themselves. You've got to start somewhere. There is always going to be a disaster somewhere.

The learning curve, if RP was to become President would be a harsh one, no doubt, but do you think it's going to fix itself?





top topics
 
23
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join