It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group posts billboards in religious neighborhoods saying God is ‘a myth’

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Oh piss off. I wasn't firing off anything. You're the one avoiding questions. Your hostility towards me is quite telling. Now, shut up or I'll report you for harassing me.
Yup, I am the hostile one.

How is it possible for me to avoid a question, when you have not asked any?

Don't call people delusional just because you can't see what they see and just because they believe in something different than you.
This is the part that you seem to be incapable of comprehending. I don't care what your own personal beliefs are.

The reason that I used the term 'delusions', was because you actually think that non-believers are demanding for some sort of proof that your god exists. Also, that you think non-believers are searching for some sort of help to become a Christian. Those are delusional thoughts.

Hey [color=FFD1A3]non-believers...

let's say you got the actual [color=FFD1A3]proof you wanted....

would you become a Christian and worship him then?
If the answer is no, then what is the point of [color=FFD1A3]demanding proof?

So if it doesn't matter, you really shouldn't [color=FFD1A3]demand proof since no amount of proff will satisfy you or [color=FFD1A3]help you become a Christian and save your soul.

P.S. You're still avoiding the questions.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini
Riiiiiiiight its not intended to be offensive you just come out calling someones belief system a myth.

Why not just say you have a choice ?

Agreed, if they weren’t trying to offend they wouldn’t have placed them in those areas. Sounds more like recruitment than outreach to other atheists

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by paganini

because this is the definition of a myth:
www.thefreedictionary.com...

what part of this definition IS NOT a factual statement?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by braydenf

Originally posted by paganini
Riiiiiiiight its not intended to be offensive you just come out calling someones belief system a myth.

Why not just say you have a choice ?

Agreed, if they weren’t trying to offend they wouldn’t have placed them in those areas. Sounds more like recruitment than outreach to other atheists

offend??? yeah, NO religion has EVER done that.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

So, are you saying it's okay to put up "Atheist" billboards, but not put up "Christian" billboards? What about Islamic billboards, or Hindu, or Buddhist? Are the "You're an idiot for believing in a creator" billboards the only ones acceptable in your eyes?

And, do you run around the shopping centers and malls around Christmas telling kids that Santa Claus is a lie and they are stupid for believing it? How about the Easter Bunny? Do you go to community Easter egg hunts and yell at the kids? Where do you draw the line?

By the way, the adult video photo was awesome!
I'm going to email that one around to everyone I know.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
whats with atheists acting so religious these days?

I agree, if they truly do not believe in God, why even bother posting signs. That is part of the problem in society today, people cannot keep their beliefs to themselves. What does throwing it in everybody's face accomplish?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Oh piss off. I wasn't firing off anything. You're the one avoiding questions. Your hostility towards me is quite telling. Now, shut up or I'll report you for harassing me.
Yup, I am the hostile one.

How is it possible for me to avoid a question, when you have not asked any?

Don't call people delusional just because you can't see what they see and just because they believe in something different than you.
This is the part that you seem to be incapable of comprehending. I don't care what your own personal beliefs are.

The reason that I used the term 'delusions', was because you actually think that non-believers are demanding for some sort of proof that your god exists. Also, that you think non-believers are searching for some sort of help to become a Christian. Those are delusional thoughts.

Hey [color=FFD1A3]non-believers...

let's say you got the actual [color=FFD1A3]proof you wanted....

would you become a Christian and worship him then?
If the answer is no, then what is the point of [color=FFD1A3]demanding proof?

So if it doesn't matter, you really shouldn't [color=FFD1A3]demand proof since no amount of proff will satisfy you or [color=FFD1A3]help you become a Christian and save your soul.

P.S. You're still avoiding the questions.

I did ask some questions.

The question was if you actually received the evidence you demand, and you aren't going to believe or convert anyway, then what's the point of demanding that we justify our beliefs to you? If the answer is no you will not change your beliefs no matter what, then there is no point to it, so you really should stop.

You haven't given any answers, instead, insulted me and berated me by calling me delusional. It is you who are avoiding the question, and all you're really trying to do is use dirty tricks to turn the questions back on to me. This makes you no different than any other Christians who do the same thing to non believers.

And you guys do demand it all the time. you always ask that we justify our beliefs to you. Your very post is a demand, if you aren't outright stating it. Asking these question is a demand that we justify ourselves to you. And of course, the demand that always follows is that if we can't justify our beliefs to you then we must change our beliefs to suit yours. You can make all the stupid semantic bull# claims that you are not, but that is what you really are doing.

And if that is not arrogance then I don't know what is. Of course you will claim it's not.

That is something you don't seem to understand, or are just playing a stupid semantic game in order to mess with me.

And that makes you a pos.

Stop harassing me and stop attacking me.

There are rules in this forum against that sort of thing.

That's the sad state of America today. no matter what you believe, someone who believes something different will always attack and harass you until you change yours to suit theirs.

Fark you.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

yes you heard me right- since it is scientifically impossible to prove the existence or absence of a creator,ATHEISM is a "BELIEVE" in the ABSENCE of GOD and requires just as much or even more FAITH than to believe in a creator.

edit on 5-3-2012 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by braydenf
Sounds more like recruitment than outreach to other atheists

Recruit?

Recruit to what?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Atheists and religious people are not all that different. Those that can see beyond labels should notice that.

Atheists want religion out of public life, yet they have no problem "preaching" atheism in the open.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST
reply to post by Kryties

yes you heard me right- since it is scientifically impossible to prove the existence or absence of a creator,ATHEISM is a "BELIEVE" in the ABSENCE of GOD and requires just as much or even more FAITH than to believe in a creator.

Lack of belief is not a belief. It is lack of belief.

It is not that difficult to comprehend.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89

since when did atheism become a religion?
why have they turned into their main theological opposition

i guess it shows they are not so truly sure of their believes.

seeing as i would die for mine...

Why have a set of beliefs you would needlessly die for? It's statements like that that fuel the push for logic and reason. Drawing from your username, I know if I were in a war, I'd want someone fighting along side me that didn't believe in an afterlife, it'd make them fight all the harder to protect themselves and others, believing our time here is the only chance we get.

AND AFTER YOU WIN THAT WAR YOU ARE STILL GONNA PERISH.

WARS ARE SPIRITUAL MY BROTHER.

YOU ARE FIGHTING A BATTLE. IM FIGHTING A WAR.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
reply to post by jiggerj

Atheists and religious people are not all that different. Those that can see beyond labels should notice that.

Atheists want religion out of public life, yet they have no problem "preaching" atheism in the open.

No that is wrong. Atheists support the 1st Amendment.

Atheists want 100% separation of church and state. They want government completely void of religion.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

The downfall of all arguments like that against atheism is this:

Substitute atheism for evolution, specifically, people who have a lack of belief in evolution, and therefore that means you've gotta have faith that there is no such thing as evolution.

But of course, there's always an out.

Because atheism is just a lack of belief in God, that's all it is, in the exact same way people don't believe in Santa Clause or Unicorns.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Kryties

i dont relly think you understand what im saying read it carefully. - since it is scientifically impossible to prove the existence or absence of a creator,ATHEISM is a "BELIEVE" in the ABSENCE of GOD and requires just as much or even more FAITH than to believe in a creator.

atheism requires FAITH whether you realize it or not.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Because atheism is just a lack of belief in God, that's all it is, in the exact same way people don't believe in Santa Clause or Unicorns.

YES!

However there is Atheist Philosophy. That would be each individual Atheist's belief/interpretation - - - beyond the meaning of Atheist.

edit on 5-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
To this day there are still such things as "Christian Missionaries." People who attempt to convert indigenous tribes to christianity - thereby erasing thousands of years of culture and severing their connection to the Earth. Using a billboard is a little bit less offensive and intrusive. Nobody is paving down their churches like they would plow down a shaman's hut. These billboard won't create ghettos and poverty either, like exposing natives to christianity did. People who never heard of money now covet it. That sounds like an anti christian thing to do. "Mission" accomplished?

I never even thought of that fact... Great information

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

i dont relly think you understand what im saying read it carefully. - since it is scientifically impossible to prove the existence or absence of a creator,ATHEISM is a "BELIEVE" in the ABSENCE of GOD and requires just as much or even more FAITH than to believe in a creator.

I do not need to read it again.

I know exactly what you are saying. And you are wrong.

Lack of belief is Lack of belief. End of story.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

. - since it is scientifically impossible to prove the existence or absence of a creator,

Wrong.

Any 2nd grader can prove Creator theory wrong, they are taught Dinosaurs roamed 65 million years ago.

Bible thumpers believe the Earth is 6000 years old.

Your proved wrong.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

atheism requires FAITH whether you realize it or not.

Then it requires FAITH to not believe in Evolution!

Evolution FTW!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join