It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fibonacci Numbers and Music

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Howdy peeps,

Last night I had the Fibonacci Numbers on my mind and I got to thinking about the Base-10 Numerology of them and wondered if there might be a sequence to them and after looking at them today, there is a sequence to them and it's an Infinite repeating sequence.

After I finished figuring it all out, I Google'd the 60 digit number and found this:

Fibonacci Sequence

Sew I'm kNot the first to figure it out, however, I have an idea of what the numbers are about. The 60 digit infinitely repeating number is:

Because that came from a Base-10 mathematical function, I believe it's also Base-10 on what it pertains to, which may be Music. Most would say that Music isn't Base-10, which it isn't, but there are 5 half-tones to every octave, which are the Ebony Keys on the piano keyboard and 2 x 5 = 10 and 55 happens to be a Fibonacci Number. Sew the possibility I am proposing is each number is in reference to a half-tone on a piano keyboard, which also happens to have 88 total keys to it, but where to begin and how would the Score be structured is the dilemma? I cannot answer that definitively but I can offer up a possibility.

Take octaves 2 & 3, assign the number sequence of 0 thru 4 to the 2nd octave half-tones, from left to right, then assign the number sequence of 5 thru 9 to the 3rd octave half-tones, from left to right. Program that into your digital keyboard or computer program, then dew it backwards and assign the number sequence of 0 thru 4 to the 3rd octave half-tones, from left to right, then assign the number sequence of 5 thru 9 to the 2nd octave half-tones, from left to right. Program that into your digital keyboard or computer program, then play both of them together. What I think you'll end up with is sumthing similar to what's known as the Devils Chord and while it may kNot be anything, I know there are a few peeps on here that firmly believe there's a secret locked away in Music but they can't figure out what it is and the Fibonacci Numbers Sequence may hold a key, plus, if nothing comes from the suggestion I've made, the possibility of running the numbers in different octaves or even different mathematical Bases may prove fruitful.

If anyone creates the Fibonacci Half-Tone Score I mentioned above, please upload a copy of the wav file online sumwhere sew others can listen to it as well and if you dew the Score and sit and listen to it for a while, repeating over and over and over, let us know if you think there's any kind of Binaural Beat to it or kNot.

Ribbit

Ps: Just in case I lost anyone with the 23/32 Fibonacci Music Score I proposed, here are the keys to the numbers:

FMS23:

C2# = 0
D2# = 1
F2# = 2
G2# = 3
A2# = 4

C3# = 5
D3# = 6
F3# = 7
G3# = 8
A3# = 9

FMS32:

C3# = 0
D3# = 1
F3# = 2
G3# = 3
A3# = 4

C2# = 5
D2# = 6
F2# = 7
G2# = 8
A2# = 9

And remember, I have no clue if that's the correct Score or kNot, it's just an idea of how it may werk but I'm pretty sure there will be two inverted scores on top of one another but also try the scores individually to see if there may be a Binaural Beat to them individually?
Also, where you start the number sequence is important and while I started the FMS23 & FMS32 at C#, it could quite well start at A# instead and it could be like Arabic and go from right to left with the number sequence, so the possible scores are many and can prove frustrating if you try to figure this one out and I'd be all over it but I don't have a digital keyboard and I have too many other things cooking in the fire to take the time this may require to figure out, so I figured I'd toss it out for others to play with, if anyone feels like giving it a shot.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well. The thing about this is that music notes on a keyboard aren't absolute although numbers are. Music notes on a keyboard are just notes that humans hear. Between C and C# there are other frequencies of sound vibrations. The harmonics between notes are frequency differentials that can be applied to any other two notes on the keyboard as long as the differential between the notes are the same. Thus, you can have one song played in many keys.

The point is, notes on a keyboard are selected frequencies based on human choice. Numbers are universal values. You can't assign any particular note to any particular number. However, you can possibly assign frequency differentials (harmonics) to numbers. Maybe.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I hope this is what you wanted...

Link

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX
I hope this is what you wanted...

Link

I'm kNot musically inclined sew I can't tell by listening to that if they used the 60 number code to construct that or kNot?
Plus, which octaves did they use and what chord sequence did they use?

Thankies for the link!

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I listened to the scale, and I don't hear anything out of the ordinary. This is very interesting considering I was watching the movie PI last night.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vastir
I listened to the scale, and I don't hear anything out of the ordinary. This is very interesting considering I was watching the movie PI last night.

I am kNot sure but that scale didn't sound like dual chords, just single chords, which the FMS23/32 Scale will have two scores played together. I want to hear that scale/score played out.

Another thing that's been pointed out to me in a PM are the frequencies and wavelengths of the notes, which may also come into play and like I said, there may kNot be anything to this but I think it's worth playing with, if you are into music.

Ribbit

edit on 3-3-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Bump

Ill be back ,this goes well another discussion,,,THANKS FOR THE POST op

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
Howdy peeps,

Last night I had the Fibonacci Numbers on my mind and I got to thinking about the Base-10 Numerology of them and wondered if there might be a sequence to them and after looking at them today, there is a sequence to them and it's an Infinite repeating sequence.

After I finished figuring it all out, I Google'd the 60 digit number and found this:

Fibonacci Sequence

Sew I'm kNot the first to figure it out, however, I have an idea of what the numbers are about. The 60 digit infinitely repeating number is:

Because that came from a Base-10 mathematical function, I believe it's also Base-10 on what it pertains to, which may be Music. Most would say that Music isn't Base-10, which it isn't, but there are 5 half-tones to every octave, which are the Ebony Keys on the piano keyboard and 2 x 5 = 10 and 55 happens to be a Fibonacci Number. Sew the possibility I am proposing is each number is in reference to a half-tone on a piano keyboard, which also happens to have 88 total keys to it, but where to begin and how would the Score be structured is the dilemma? I cannot answer that definitively but I can offer up a possibility.

Take octaves 2 & 3, assign the number sequence of 0 thru 4 to the 2nd octave half-tones, from left to right, then assign the number sequence of 5 thru 9 to the 3rd octave half-tones, from left to right. Program that into your digital keyboard or computer program, then dew it backwards and assign the number sequence of 0 thru 4 to the 3rd octave half-tones, from left to right, then assign the number sequence of 5 thru 9 to the 2nd octave half-tones, from left to right. Program that into your digital keyboard or computer program, then play both of them together. What I think you'll end up with is sumthing similar to what's known as the Devils Chord and while it may kNot be anything, I know there are a few peeps on here that firmly believe there's a secret locked away in Music but they can't figure out what it is and the Fibonacci Numbers Sequence may hold a key, plus, if nothing comes from the suggestion I've made, the possibility of running the numbers in different octaves or even different mathematical Bases may prove fruitful.

If anyone creates the Fibonacci Half-Tone Score I mentioned above, please upload a copy of the wav file online sumwhere sew others can listen to it as well and if you dew the Score and sit and listen to it for a while, repeating over and over and over, let us know if you think there's any kind of Binaural Beat to it or kNot.

Ribbit

Ps: Just in case I lost anyone with the 23/32 Fibonacci Music Score I proposed, here are the keys to the numbers:

FMS23:

C2# = 0
D2# = 1
F2# = 2
G2# = 3
A2# = 4

C3# = 5
D3# = 6
F3# = 7
G3# = 8
A3# = 9

FMS32:

C3# = 0
D3# = 1
F3# = 2
G3# = 3
A3# = 4

C2# = 5
D2# = 6
F2# = 7
G2# = 8
A2# = 9

And remember, I have no clue if that's the correct Score or kNot, it's just an idea of how it may werk but I'm pretty sure there will be two inverted scores on top of one another but also try the scores individually to see if there may be a Binaural Beat to them individually?
Also, where you start the number sequence is important and while I started the FMS23 & FMS32 at C#, it could quite well start at A# instead and it could be like Arabic and go from right to left with the number sequence, so the possible scores are many and can prove frustrating if you try to figure this one out and I'd be all over it but I don't have a digital keyboard and I have too many other things cooking in the fire to take the time this may require to figure out, so I figured I'd toss it out for others to play with, if anyone feels like giving it a shot.

Have you seen this thread:

The Devil's Chord: The conspiracy to open the portal of consciousness and mystery of the octave,

I think you will find it interesting.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Have you seen this thread:

The Devil's Chord: The conspiracy to open the portal of consciousness and mystery of the octave,

I think you will find it interesting.

That looks very interesting and as soon as I get sum things done, I have a lot of reading to dew.

Thankies for the link!

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I just made it to your directions... I think.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I just made it to your directions... I think.

That now has harmony to it!

What are the odds of that?

Sounds great!

Ribbit

Ps: I wonder if a song can be constructed out of the sequence, with various tempos, etc..., with the individual notes in that specific sequence?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Here is Tool - Lateralus

This is a video that shows the Fibonacci sequence used in the song.

TOOL FTW

edit on 3-3-2012 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
Here is Tool - Lateralus

This is a video that shows the Fibonacci sequence used in the song.

TOOL FTW

Have you seen this one too:

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Well. The thing about this is that music notes on a keyboard aren't absolute although numbers are. Music notes on a keyboard are just notes that humans hear. Between C and C# there are other frequencies of sound vibrations. The harmonics between notes are frequency differentials that can be applied to any other two notes on the keyboard as long as the differential between the notes are the same. Thus, you can have one song played in many keys.

The point is, notes on a keyboard are selected frequencies based on human choice. Numbers are universal values. You can't assign any particular note to any particular number. However, you can possibly assign frequency differentials (harmonics) to numbers. Maybe.

Justin, what's it going to take to get you off your HUMAN's chit don't stink trip?

Humans did kNot create this Matrix, it's a Construct, which means it WAS CONSTRUCTED FOR YOU, kNot by you!

If you can ever get that into your head, then you'll realize that everything is how it is for a reason and humans didn't figure out ANYTHING! YOU ARE DUMBER THAN TURDS sew how could you have gotten as far as you have without help?

Ribbit

What will it take to convince you that you're not always right, and DEFINITELY do not know everything, Toad?

Maybe you're the arrogant one...stop pretending to be a toad, and accept that you don't know everything.

Maybe then you'll get somewhere, instead of knowing/thinking a whole lot of nothing.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here is the connection between Fibonacci numbers and the Pythagorean musical scale:
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
Here is the connection between Fibonacci numbers and the Pythagorean musical scale:
smphillips.8m.com...

Being something short of a mathematical genius, I am having a difficult time translating the significance of your link. Could you clarify the information it imparts, please?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Math and music (frequency). That's what this Universe boils down to.

Are you familiar with these guys?
Spirit Science 12 - The Human History Movie

They are wonderful and really help break down the hard to comprehend

And because I'm in a YouTube sharing-mood, here is my all-time favorite (informational) video. Watch the very end!! Enjoy!

Tour Through Reality

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think EVERYONE here knows SpiritScience by now. The original thread was jam packed with ATSers.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I think EVERYONE here knows SpiritScience by now. The original thread was jam packed with ATSers.

I've been here almost 10 years and just heard of them this year so don't be so certain.
Does no harm sharing it. Again.
The more, the merrier-enlightened.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join