It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fibonacci Numbers and Music

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Interesting idea. Thing that occurs to me is, the sequence could start with C=0, as it does, but then wouldn't it need to use the natural scale, based on the mathematical harmonic sequence? Once you get past the third or fourth harmonic (I don't remember which, at the minute) the notes are not quite the same as those we use in our modern "tempered" musical scale - the notes in that, compared with the natural harmonics, are approximate, basically arranged like that so that we can play in any key. The sample clips in this thread so far are in the tempered scale. That doesn't quite make sense to me, in terms of your theory (the natural scale would sound a bit out of tune to us now). What do you think?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Well. The thing about this is that music notes on a keyboard aren't absolute although numbers are. Music notes on a keyboard are just notes that humans hear. Between C and C# there are other frequencies of sound vibrations. The harmonics between notes are frequency differentials that can be applied to any other two notes on the keyboard as long as the differential between the notes are the same. Thus, you can have one song played in many keys.

The point is, notes on a keyboard are selected frequencies based on human choice. Numbers are universal values. You can't assign any particular note to any particular number. However, you can possibly assign frequency differentials (harmonics) to numbers. Maybe.

Justin, what's it going to take to get you off your HUMAN's chit don't stink trip?

Humans did kNot create this Matrix, it's a Construct, which means it WAS CONSTRUCTED FOR YOU, kNot by you!

If you can ever get that into your head, then you'll realize that everything is how it is for a reason and humans didn't figure out ANYTHING! YOU ARE DUMBER THAN TURDS sew how could you have gotten as far as you have without help?

Ribbit

What will it take to convince you that you're not always right, and DEFINITELY do not know everything, Toad?

Maybe you're the arrogant one...stop pretending to be a toad, and accept that you don't know everything.

Maybe then you'll get somewhere, instead of knowing/thinking a whole lot of nothing.

Dew eYe know everything? No!

I'd have to be connected to the Collective Consciousness to qualify for that but in a general sense, yes eYe dew know everything and it's kNot as difficult to know the truth as your mentality thinks, but you've been programmed to only believe those qualified to sell you the truth, so when sumone, a n0body, isn't sell'n the truth, just offers it up for free, your programming automatically rejects it and you continue to believe in your fallacies, regardless if what n0body has to say makes sense or kNot, for your programming will kNot allow you to make sense of n0body, lil lone n0thing.

Ribbit

edit on 4-3-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Starchild23
I think EVERYONE here knows SpiritScience by now. The original thread was jam packed with ATSers.

I've been here almost 10 years and just heard of them this year so don't be so certain.
Does no harm sharing it. Again.
The more, the merrier-enlightened.

I don't follow anyone on YouTube or FaceBook or anywhere, sew while I think I've heard of them, I'm kNot certain, sew thanks for the link.

I have a personal rule:

"If I repeat myself, then I told you twice."

But the fact is if the Once never happens, twice cannot follow.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony2
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Interesting idea. Thing that occurs to me is, the sequence could start with C=0, as it does, but then wouldn't it need to use the natural scale, based on the mathematical harmonic sequence? Once you get past the third or fourth harmonic (I don't remember which, at the minute) the notes are not quite the same as those we use in our modern "tempered" musical scale - the notes in that, compared with the natural harmonics, are approximate, basically arranged like that so that we can play in any key. The sample clips in this thread so far are in the tempered scale. That doesn't quite make sense to me, in terms of your theory (the natural scale would sound a bit out of tune to us now). What do you think?

I've actually been thinking about this seriously, since where the scale begins from is everything because if you start at the wrong spot the chord will be off. Here's my thinking, based on the Piano Keyboard:

I now think the order is from the very beginning, A0. That creates an interesting mathematical correlation, in that with the ebonies on the keyboard, the math would be:

1 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3

That's the mathematical order of the ebonies on the keyboard, then with starting with A0 and applying the Fibronacci Sequence Order to the ebonies, the math would be:

(1 + 2 + 2) + (1 + 2 + 2) + (1 + 2 + 2) + (1 + 2 + 2) + (1 + 2 + 2) + (1 + 2 + 2) + (1 + 2 + 2)

With that, the last sharp would be eliminated (A7#) and 122 is also one of the key numbers, along with 212 and 221, which all fall under what's known as the Law of Fives, but what I call the 23 Trinality Psy4.

Another interesting thing with that structure, all chords will range thru THREE octaves, which 3 is the Greatest Number OF the Universe.

Here's the new Score Primer:

FMS23:

A1# = 0
C2# = 1
D2# = 2
F2# = 3
G2# = 4

A2# = 5
C3# = 6
D3# = 7
F3# = 8
G3# = 9

FMS32:

A2# = 0
C3# = 1
D3# = 2
F3# = 3
G3# = 4

A1# = 5
C2# = 6
D2# = 7
F2# = 8
G2# = 9

Here are the full Scores:

FMS23:

A1# C2# C2# D2# F2# A2# F3# F2# C2# G2# A2# G3# G2# F2# D3# A1# D3# D3# G2# C2# A2# C3# C2# D3# F3# A2# F2# F3# C2# G3# A1# G3# G3# F3# D3# A2# D2# D3# G3# C3# A2# C2# C3# D3# F2# A1# F2# F2# C3# G3# A2# G2# G3# F2# D2# A2# D3# D2# G3# C2#

FMS32:

A2# C3# C3# D3# F3# A1# F2# F3# C3# G3# A1# G2# G3# F3# D2# A2# D2# D2# G3# C3# A1# C2# C3# D2# F2# A1# F3# F2# C3# G2# A2# G2# G2# F2# D2# A1# D3# D2# G2# C2# A1# C3# C2# D2# F3# A2# F3# F3# C2# G2# A1# G3# G2# F3# D3# A1# D2# D3# G2# C3#

Another thing I've been looking at is timing. If I was dew'n this, I'd make master files of the various 1 thru 7 possibilities, which would be:

12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
31, 32, 34, 35, 36, 37
41, 42, 43, 45, 46, 47
51, 52, 53, 54, 56, 57
61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 67
71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76

Which are 42 different chords (what did they say the answer to the meaning of Life is, in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?), then I'd overlay the various possibilities, all with one second tone intervals and finite space between the notes. I'd then listen to each of them as I make them, then I'd reduce the time by half, listen, then reduce by half, listen, and continue until I reach a 1 to 3 second recording because one of the things I'm wondering is the possibility that when a certain Score is reduced to a 1 to 3 second "noise" it may form a werd or werds, which would be very interesting if that occurs.

Like I said in the OP, there may be n0thing to this, but if you think there are hidden secrets all around us, Music would certainly be a great spot to hide sumthing.

Ribbit

edit on 4-3-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sumthing I want to point out is I've only looked at the Base-10 aspect of the Fibonacci Numbers, n0thing else, and since Music is governed by the 12 scale octave, a look at Base-12 or Base-24 or Base-36, etc . . . to Base-88, would be interesting and if you can find a mathematical pattern within them, there might be sumthing to them as well and with those, centering to Middle C might werk the best.

I wish I had the time to play with this but I'm too busy with other things, sew maybe sumone here might stumble onto sumthing?

Ribbit

top topics

<< 1   >>

join