It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge oil field discovered in southern Iran

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Are you talking about Iran or America? Here in America I have seen all those except for terrorist funding Iran. That will be soon.

Oh, im sorry! I missed the part of my post where i said i was a raving US government fanboy? Care to point out where that is?

Hint: because i dislike the US government too.

And yeah, really thats not true. While abuse towards gays and women occur here, it is not condoned by the government like it is there. When was the last time you saw two gay teens hung in a city street? Saw a women sentenced to stoning and buried to her neck and slaughtered, all with the governments explict permission? I thought so.
gay marriage is not exactly supported by the US government

edit on 3-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

Rape in the US military: America's dirty little secretA female soldier in Iraq is more likely to be attacked by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire...."It was eight years before I was able to say the word that describes what happened to me," says Maricella Guzman. "I hadn't even been in the Navy a month. I was so young. I tried to report it. But instead of being taken seriously, I was forced to do push-ups."

www.guardian.co.uk...

ummmm where do you get your information?

Christians must obey God's commandments with respect to homosexuals. Love is the fulfilling of God's Law. Homosexuals living in a Christian society will be better off than those living in pagan societies. God's Law is the source of cultural blessings, and these blessings fall even on those who violate God's Law. But one of those commandments is to hold their immoral acts in disgust. We must hate embezzlers and homosexuals. The Bible says so.

kevincraig.us...

BOSTON -- Even if same-sex marriages become a reality in Washington, the federal government will not recognize those marriages. That has already prompted federal lawsuits in states where gay marriage has been on the books for years.

"It's sad and discouraging to know that we're treated as if there's a first- and second-class system of marriages," said Marlin Nabors, who lives in Massachusetts and married Jonathan Knight five years ago.

www.king5.com...
edit on 3-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Yeah, the US's oppression of their own people is as bad or worse than Irans.
The US dont allow them to marry, Iran kills them.

Show me a link from the last hundred years showing a government condoned hanging of gays or stoning of women? Hell, I'll be happy if you simply show me any federally commissioned execution of a person for a crime such as sodomy or a female committing adultery. Except you don't seem to understand the significance of a government actually encouraging such actions. Yes, the US has pretty bad human rights when it comes to bombing other countries, but Iran and Saudi Arabia and such take the cake in abuse towards their own citizens. The US can't hold a candle to Iran in that respect.

So hurry up and find me those government condoned executions! Should be easy for you!
edit on 5-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

here ya go
[not even guilty of ANYTHING

Death Penalty kills the innocent as well as guilty.
DNA tests tell us half of all deathrow inmates are innocent
In 1997, Illinois halted executions when DNA testing found 52% of their deathrow inmates were innocent.

The people who were exhonorated are: Rolando Cruz, Alejandro Hernandez, Verneal Jimerson, Dennis Williams, Joseph Burrows, Gary Gauger, Carl Lawson, Perry Cobb, Darby Tillis.

In Texas, the following people were found innocent AFTER execution. Texas still executes prisoners.

Frank Basil McFarland was executed for a rape/murder despite multiple inconsistencies in the state’s case, altered evidence, purchased and coerced testimony, and suppressed evidence of guilt. After execcution, he was found innocent by DNA testing.

Troy Farris was convicted of the murder of a police officer. DNA proved he was innocent. Gov. George W Bush deny clemency. Troy Farris was execcuted.

Jerry Lee Hogue was convicted of an arson/murder. Another individual later admited to the crime, but was denied further investigation by Gov. Bush. Mr Hogue was execcuted.

David Stoker was convicted of capital murder based on the testimony of three witnesses, who later recanted their testimony. Doubts aside, Gov. Bush executed Mr. Stoker.

officeofstrategicinfluence.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
ran out of my character allowance in the post above

Richard Wayne Jones, was convicted of a murder despite strong evidence that his sister’s boyfriend had committed it. DNA testing was denied by Gov. Bush, and approved his execution.

Willie Williams and Joseph Nichols both shot at their murder victim, but only one hit him. In order to execute both, Texas argued that each had killed the man; in one trial, the state argued that Mr. Williams had shot the victim and Mr. Nichols had missed, and in the next trial, the state argued that Mr. Nichols had shot the victim and Mr. Williams had missed. Both were convicted of capital murder. Mr. Williams was executed by Gov. Bush; Mr. Nichols is still on death row.

James Lee Beathard was convicted of capital murder based on the testimony of the admitted murderer, Gene Hathorn. Still, Gov. Bush executed Mr. Beathard, though he was innovent.

Gary Graham was convicted of capital murder on the basis of one eyewitness’s testimony. Despite DNA evidence that provees otherwise, Mr. Graham was executed by Gov. Bush.

David Wayne Spence was convicted of capital murder although no physical evidence linked him to the crime and almost every witness against him admitted that his or her testimony had been purchased or coerced. DNA evidence says that another man had committed the triple murder. Nevertheless, Gov. Bush executed Mr. Spence.

Cost

A study released on March 6, 2008 found that taxpayers have paid at least $37.2 million for each of execution both innocent and guilty. Can you believe tax payers are willing to pay that much money to kill an innocent person?

officeofstrategicinfluence.com...

now that the NDAA makes beastiallity legal in the baracks all I can say to your faux morality is to paraphrase Bugs Bunny
HYPOTWIT much?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
extension of last post

U.S. denies asylum to gay Saudi diplomat who could be executed under Sharia
Dr. Phylis Chesler hits the nail on the head: "This is further proof that the Obama administration’s foreign policy is one of self-destructive appeasement and that despite its presumed commitment to civil rights and human rights, that commitment does not extend to Muslim women, Muslim dissidents, or Muslim gays – nor does it extend to the right-of-survival of religious minorities (Christian, Jewish, Bahai, Zoroastrian) or to apostates."

www.jihadwatch.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
OP and Mods i hope you will accept my humble apology for the slight sidetracking here, I hope to illustrate in response to a previous posters challenge that morality has nothing to do with the condemnation of IRAN.
It is about the theft of resources..and the justification of same with pure hypocracy

UN General Assembly Votes To Allow Gays To Be Executed Without Cause...

....Gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people were once again subject to the whims of homophobia and religious and cultural extremism this week, thanks to a United Nations vote that removed “sexual orientation” from a resolution that protects people from arbitrary executions. In other words, the UN General Assembly this week voted to allow LGBT people to be executed without cause.

According to the International Gay and Lesbians Human Rights Commission, the UN General Assembly’s Third Committee on Social, Cultural and Humanitarian issues removed “sexual orientation” from a resolution addressing extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions this past week in a vote that was overwhelming represented by a majority of African, Middle East and Carribean nations. For a UN committee that addresses human rights questions that affect people all over the world, by removing protections for LGBT persons from a category of arbitrary executions, belies the objective and purpose of a committee whose focus this year is “on the examination of human rights questions,” according to its website.

thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...

and all this while:

Does president Obama head the UN?

Answer:
Yes. Just recently Barack Obama was sworn in as Head of the U. N. Security Council. The security council has the only real voting power in the UN. At the inauguration Obama was addressed as "President of the World".

This office violates the US. Constitution Article 1. Section 9. In which a President cannot hold dual office and still maintain the Presidency of the United States of America.

wiki.answers.com...

BOMBING IRAN IS NOT ABOUT MORALITY IT IS ABOUT STEALING OIL WEALTH
(and I might add from some of the same:"*"'s that justify the theft with hypocracy.....)

edit on 5-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

OP and Mods i hope you will accept my humble apology for the slight sidetracking here, I hope to illustrate in response to a previous posters challenge that morality has nothing to do with the condemnation of IRAN.
It is about the theft of resources..and the justification of same with pure hypocracy

Might i first ask where i stated morality had nothing to do with an invasion? Might i ask where you saw in any of my posts that i actually approve of an invasion? Because i dont.

BOMBING IRAN IS NOT ABOUT MORALITY IT IS ABOUT STEALING OIL WEALTH

So now we really get to the root of your objections. Just so you know, i never denied that the US has problems and their wars are all to advance their greater good and hedgemony.

If you would have read my posts from the beggining, you would see i clearly oppose bombing, sanctioning, or otherwise interfering with Iran. I do feel however since Obama has been desperately trying to reign in the Israeli government from their bombing, that this case will be about Israels survival. I honestly believe they have good reason to fear an Iranian bomb. Oil in this case will be a bonus to those helping Israel.

I think the thing your missing is quite apparent to many of the other readers here. Ask yourself this: What would happen if the US government hung two teens under the age of 18 in the streets for the simple crime of being gay? It would push those who are protesting against the 1% and many more, including myself to action. Do you really think that the people here are so bloodthirsty as to sit and watch, cheering as they are hung to death like what recently happened in Iran?

You can hum and whine all day long about the evils of the West, and i agree, there are a lot of them, but when it comes to oppressing their own people, Iran has that down in spades. You can defend Iran all day long, i know you support them obviously, i have no idea why. I certainly dont support the US or Iran or any of those self-serving governments.

By the way, did you actually read your report about the UN and homosexual executions? Did you notice the countries who pushed it through were all middle eastern, african and carribean? Not sure i see your point. If its that the USA should have veto'ed it in the security council, i agree 100% It still would appear misogynistic countries such as those in the middle east were the driving force behind putting that through.
edit on 5-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
you keep saying that china is the new super power, please show me a link proving this...

why im hell bent?! because the very ppl i was responding to are the very ones saying that china will kick our ass, the way i see it, if you want to be negative about america talk all that crap and assume that we will lose the super power status then f off and move to china..

i get it now.. i didnt realise that ats had so many top notch rich bankers, so thats why its okay for them to talk the way they do about america day in day out month after month and is supported by so many ats'ers..

4.8 is a far cry from 12.9 but hey, 5th is 5th... if, if, if, if... i can come up with a huge list of if's my self and if it came true there would be no chance of china coming close..

if i dont have the right to tell ppl where their place is, then no one on ats has the right to bad mouth my country the way they do, especially when there country supports ours and most importantly are our damn allies! but they all must be super rich banksters...

i didnt bother with your tube link for the simple fact that you dont have to take me serious atm....

you dont like my attitude? oh damn well! you are 5th and no ifs are going to change that! just like china will not take the lead, so get over your doom and gloom...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beam1

Wiki link was wrong.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CR4V3N
reply to post by beam1

Wiki link was wrong.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ok... Ill come back for the link that says china is the super power, take your time...

www.google.com... g%2Fwiki%2FSuperpower&ei=sCVVT5ivFMP10gGZ_fDMCA&usg=AFQjCNFe1CXvQlhgorGlZbFfqfZslrMg4Q

On my tablet now so not sure if link works, thought id try and help... Keep looking though!
edit on 5-3-2012 by beam1 because: (no reason given)

Whos wrong? You or wiki? Lol

Where is your savior of a country china?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Well well well, what do we have here. Those sanctions seem to be working lol. This is great news for Iran, lets see how many new bad things the western media will start to report because of this great find.

This makes it certain that invasion is sure to come now, or will we see more mellow plots because of this obvious discovery.

Devilish western powers sanction Iran, God delivers on an oil field. You cannot fight god

www.presstv.ir

Haha...any idea specifically where this new field has been found...I'm concerned...no intrigued...did I tell them where to look...does Iran read ATS?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
Haha...any idea specifically where this new field has been found...I'm concerned...no intrigued...did I tell them where to look...does Iran read ATS?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh...has no one got anything more to say....I take it y'all haven't a clue...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

you challenged where the Usa has sanctioned the killing of homosexuals
you got it
and your illegal president of the world thrown in extra for good measure

Obama is pretending to oppose israel..ala good cop bad cop...
he knows he hasn't a hope on hell of getting elected without Israeli / aipac support or worse as the jewish writer a couple of weeks ago stated in that 2 bit news paper (I paraphrase ) he should be kennedyated already

Israel already gets its oil by pipe from iraq, sells it to china, who refines it and sells it back to the US.
The US will never catch up because even though they have OIL coming out the yin yang in the bakun and north slope and in the gulf of mexico..etc ..PIG OIL has made certain the US can't REFINE it

If the US could and did refine its own oil they would OWN the planet economically in NO TIME
democracy might take hold and the US might again be the real guiding light of peace in freedom
Lord knows we can't have that

If Iran refines its own oil, and has big fields, and say plugs the straights of hormuz (or Israel does it) then economically with what HILLARY just labeled the "DISPICABLE": counties of russia and china ( who are doing the dollar less and less) the US could get CRUSHED economically...which would benefit Israel...an economically sound US would be hard to keep enslaved now that the sheepies are becoming wise to the fact they are being Pwnd

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by nightbringr

you challenged where the Usa has sanctioned the killing of homosexuals
you got it
and your illegal president of the world thrown in extra for good measure

Obama is pretending to oppose israel..ala good cop bad cop...
he knows he hasn't a hope on hell of getting elected without Israeli / aipac support or worse as the jewish writer a couple of weeks ago stated in that 2 bit news paper (I paraphrase ) he should be kennedyated already

Israel already gets its oil by pipe from iraq, sells it to china, who refines it and sells it back to the US.
The US will never catch up because even though they have OIL coming out the yin yang in the bakun and north slope and in the gulf of mexico..etc ..PIG OIL has made certain the US can't REFINE it

If the US could and did refine its own oil they would OWN the planet economically in NO TIME
democracy might take hold and the US might again be the real guiding light of peace in freedom
Lord knows we can't have that

If Iran refines its own oil, and has big fields, and say plugs the straights of hormuz (or Israel does it) then economically with what HILLARY just labeled the "DISPICABLE": counties of russia and china ( who are doing the dollar less and less) the US could get CRUSHED economically...which would benefit Israel...an economically sound US would be hard to keep enslaved now that the sheepies are becoming wise to the fact they are being Pwnd

www.google.com... A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FStrait_of_Hormuz&ei=xzpVT8ueOum80AHe-MTPDQ&usg=AFQjCNHTM3BN5OaG9r7TXINX-46j8fW1sw

Crushed? It will hurt for a short period but crushed? Its like 20%..

Damn tab cant get links right...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beam1
Where is your savior of a country china?

Ha..dee...ha...ha..ha..hah...China is # all without oil....China need that oil....

Where will China get its oil?
China’s ability to provide for its own needs is limited by the fact that its proven oil reserves are small in relation to its consumption. At current production rates they are likely to last for less than two decades. Though during the 1970s and 1980s China was a net oil exporter, it became a net oil importer in 1993 and is growingly dependent on foreign oil. China currently imports 32% of its oil and is expected to double its need for imported oil between now and 2010. A report by the International Energy Agency predicted that by 2030, Chinese oil imports will equal imports by the U.S. today.

www.iags.org...

Iran...just became Daddy....

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beam1

How might Iran retaliate in the aftermath of a limited Israeli or U.S. strike? The most economically devastating of Iran’s potential responses would be closure of the Strait of Hormuz. According to open-source order of battle data, as well as relevant analogies from military history and GIS maps, Iran does possess significant littoral warfare capabilities, including mines, antiship cruise missiles, and land-based air defense. If Iran were able to properly link these capabilities, it could halt or impede traffic in the Strait of Hormuz for a month or more. U.S. attempts to reopen the waterway likely would escalate rapidly into sustained, large-scale air and naval operations during which Iran could impose significant economic and military costs on the United States—even if Iranian operations were not successful in truly closing the strait. The aftermath of limited strikes on Iran would be complicated and costly, suggesting needed changes in U.S. force posture and energy policy.

belfercenter.ksg.harvard.edu...

I couldn't get your link to work
If it was a comment on VOLUMN of oil through the straights..that isn't the big factor
the price would go to 200 to 250 a barrel many pundits say and the fragile us economy would be in deep deep trouble....

but all the countries the US is alienating would be poised like vultures...knowing Iran isn't the last county in line for regime change all the other new oil powers would be thinkin PRE-EMPTIVELY

edit to add the above post re china
OBAMA just skuttled the Canadian pipe line from the tarsands to the US, and Warren Buffet and Bill Gates bought HUGE stakes in CANADIAN railways that ship oil from the tar sands to the coast of BC and thence to China

like I said the US is being sold out by the bankers Israel and the President of the world

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ISeekTruth101

Bad economics if their wanting to use nuclear power brings about sanctions.
Where's the incentive then?
Unless of course the nuclear power angle is a ruse.
Otherwise I'd drop that like a hot potato.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by ISeekTruth101

Bad economics if their wanting to use nuclear power brings about sanctions.
Where's the incentive then?
Unless of course the nuclear power angle is a ruse.
Otherwise I'd drop that like a hot potato.

Just before the revolution in 1979, Israel was about to sell to Iran the capability anyway. The revolution intervened. Conveniently.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Omg! You ppl always come up with things like " well IF this and that happens and they link that with this and have success its over"

Why does every one on ats act as if america has been in power for 24 hours? Everyone keep acting as if america doesnt have tricks up its sleeve..

C'mon... I understand that its much easier to hate on the top dog, but jeez! Does everyone have to be one sided as if america cant do a damn thing?

So the strait closes for a month tops, oil goes up then it regulates again.. The strait is not the end all be all, its a hivk up at best...

I have no idea why my links dont work.. Im on my galaxy tab and hold down the link till i see copy link and url then paste it here.. Am i doing something wrong? Im being lazy and dont feel like going to my pc...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Why does every one on ats act as if america has been in power for 24 hours? Everyone keep acting as if america doesnt have tricks up its sleeve..

Keep believing. But believing is what gets people killed. So. Good luck with that

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Keep believing. But believing is what gets people killed. So. Good luck with that

Well ill tell you what.... I will keep believing....and ill keep reading your " what ifs"

If the day comes we will all find out...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beam1

Iraqi oil was supposed to pay for the invasion of iraq
how did that work out?

and hate on the US?
for posting the facts.....?

Im just not into hypocracy ruining what shouldn't be ruined

all enemies foreign and domestic...it will come carrying the cross and wrapped in the flag....a republic if you can keep it....

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

Eisenhaur
www.h-net.org...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join