It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
"Are we in the united states" answer "never heard of the place"
"Can we see the ocean" answer "no"
edit on 3/3/2012 by Eidus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Woah! Possible progress on our location. Given that the coins from "show me money" resemble chinese currency, I tried:

Q: are we in china
A: Map Cutscene

I figured "bah, it's just responding to a location request." So I tried:

Q: are we in mexico
A: never heard of it

hmm

Q: are we in mongolia
A: never heard of it

Q: are we in asia
A: Map Cutscene

@_@

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Ahhh Neogia you beat me to this discovery. The Chinese coins and by reading the noodles shop menu from the "password" command is a definite clue that you're in China.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This might mean absolutely nothing, but here's an excerpt of the wikipedia article on pomegranates in the Chinese culture.

"Introduced to China during the Tang Dynasty (618-907 CE), the pomegranate (Chinese: 石榴; pinyin: shíliu) in olden times was considered an emblem of fertility and numerous progeny. This symbolism is a pun on the Chinese character 子 (zǐ) which, as well as meaning seed also means offspring thus a fruit containing so many seeds is a sign of fecundity. Pictures of the ripe fruit with the seeds bursting forth were often hung in homes to bestow fertility and bless the dwelling with numerous offspring, an important facet of traditional Chinese culture."

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well looky here!

Q: Why is cold circled on the menu
A: Amp has found illegal energy use

(recall the clue that food is not just for eating)

Q: How do I use food for energy
A: (see pic below)

Yay!

I guess the pomegranates are a valuable source of illegal energy.
edit on 4-3-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

Upon reading the fine print, it looks like being drunk is a crime because it wastes energy. (?) The ticket is for public intoxication. Looks like a bender is 632 watts.
edit on 4-3-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Anyone asked why The Orwells dont got any living childrens?

Who is e.c.p.o which approved the Family expasion for jacobs?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm on a useless roll.

Q: Show me Dick Jacobs dog tag
A: (see below)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Useless roll continues:

Q: What does Mrs Emerson do?
A: (handed a pair of knitting needles made of wood - see below)

I am now so much closer to solving this.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Q: how are emerson and dick connected
A: grabs document

Great thread. And great work ATSers!
Does anyone else notice the resemblance to a certain anonymous group's logo on the top left of the Textile Guild bill? (See above link).

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hey guys, not sure how this fits but have'nt seen this posted yet:
The name of the Radio Station is Wire Six. I tapped what is Wire Six and the reply was: Do you mean the recording or the contraband.
I then tapped: What is contraband and got a vid of a bag which contained what looked like electrical parts, wire etc

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kaptenkatt

Q:What does e.c.p.o mean
A:Im not sure

Q:Why don't the Orwell's have any living children
A:It does not matter right now
edit on 3/4/2012 by justcurious31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If you tap "the end is just the beginning" there is a cut scene where you are presented with 3 pomegranates.

Also I tapped "Where is Sah's Noodles" reply was "what kind"
So I tapped "Cold" reply was "I dont understand"

Also, just a reminder of my earlier post referring to the Textile Guild bill (Anonymous) logo on the top left.

edit on 4-3-2012 by BruceWayne because: pic

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Here are the three keys.

Key 14 - Key 15 - Key 16

Y-G-A
K-D-W
A-P-N
W-J-S
I-L-J
H-C-B
P-A-L
F-R-T
D-M-G
L-I-F
E-Q-R
C-H-P
O-B-Q
U-U-U
R-F-I
T-S-X/Z
S-T-H
J-W-C
B-X/Z-M
N-V-V
M-K-E
V-N-D
Q-E-K
X/Z-O-Y
G-Y-O

Notice that U (3-4 using tapkit) is the same in all three keys. So far I have been trying writing in key 16, but he doesn't understand what I am asking...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Q: How many keys are there?
A: There are many.

Q: How can I escape?
A: You can't travel to the outside.

Q: How can I leave this place?
A: That's for you to find out.

ME: I want a potato.
A: Don't have any left.

ME: I want to have fish/steamed meat.
A: They're out.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Q cold onion noodles
R Cut scene where noodles are offered and refused

Q Weather is not clear
R It sounds like a disagreement

Q Help
R The answers are in front of you

edit on 4-3-2012 by BruceWayne because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by BruceWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I cant beleive I have wasted all my weekend tappin to a fictional person haha

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hmmm so we still haven't made much progress yet.

Seems this game is harder than I thought it would be...

I have a feeling some people are going solo and are further along then they're telling us.

Sharing is caring!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Q: Are we on Japan?
Map cutscene

Nerima is on the map, and is a city in Japan

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Kellter

Ok since I've already let the cat out of the bag it would be unfair to keep it a secret. I'll just tell you guys how to do it. You need all the following files:

Excellent, ChaoticOrder. Thanks

Now to roll my sleeves up and waste time in a less tedious fashion...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by markothecatt
Q: Are we on Japan?
Map cutscene

Nerima is on the map, and is a city in Japan
Nice catch, that is pretty conclusive evidence of where we are. Now as for the year, I highly doubt it's actually set in 2012. The first thing that gives us a clue is our immediate environment, the tap kit reminds me of some old school morse code machine, which is probably what it is. If you look at the parts in it, it seems to contain tetrode vacuum tubes. They were invented around 1918 and were very common by 1926. It also appears that radio wave technology is rather new and there's some sort of propaganda effort by AMP to suppress it. The wave unit plans certainly appear to be electrical schematics for some sort of radio transmission and/or receiving device. If you look at the history of radio broadcasting, again we seem to be getting dates that are around the early 1900's.

The earliest radio stations were simply radiotelegraphy systems and did not carry audio. The first claimed audio transmission that could be termed a broadcast occurred on Christmas Eve in 1906, and was made by Reginald Fessenden. Whether this broadcast actually took place is disputed.[2] While many early experimenters attempted to create systems similar to radiotelephone devices by which only two parties were meant to communicate, there were others who intended to transmit to larger audiences. Charles Herrold started broadcasting in California in 1909 and was carrying audio by the next year. (Herrold's station eventually became KCBS).

For the next decade, radio tinkerers had to build their own radio receivers. In The Hague, the Netherlands, PCGG started broadcasting on November 6, 1919. In 1916, Frank Conrad, an employee for the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, began broadcasting from his Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania garage with the call letters 8XK. Later, the station was moved to the top of the Westinghouse factory building in East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Westinghouse relaunched the station as KDKA on November 2, 1920, claiming to be "the world's first commercially licensed radio station".[3]

Radio Broadcasting

That map also looks fairly old school, and when you ask what year is it you get a bunch of pictures that indicate it's set at least a few decades ago. The first picture has an old red car in it, if someone can work out what type of car that is we should be able to check when they were first made.
edit on 4-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join