It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave Monotheistic Religion And There Will Be No Final Battle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I would say that is kinda stretching things alot wouldnt you? How am I following the Hitlers of this world? By not conforming the the brainwashing that christians try to force on their kids? Sorry but I was the kid that they asked the parents to stop sending to church, quess it was all of my inconvenient question, coming from a bright 10 year old.

You know things like, why would a supposedly compassionate loving God force every human that ever lives ( billions at this point ) to live life in a crap fest world, because 2 people a very long time ago used their natural curiosity to aquire knowledge that God had deemed forbidden? Not to mention that he is God, he would know that they would do it and not give them the chance, or make them less curious, or any number of things that a God should be able to do without punishing endless billions for somthing they had absolutely nothing to do with.

Just saying, I am only a man, and I could come up with alot better more fair individual based system. I mean how can we be judged on a individual basis, but punished enmass on a grand scale for, with punishments that seem above and beyond anything most people could possibly have done wrong in their short miserable life, that they never had a choice of living or not. I mean if we all got asked and agreed then came here #ed it up, and got punished for it, than I could see it. I wasnt asked, I was forced to be here. From the things I have read in my 7 times reading the bible cover to cover is that God more resembles a 3rd world dictator than he does a loving caring being, trying to shepard his creations to a bright future.

Dont misunderstand me here, I am not saying I am eithiest) on the contrary I absolutely believe in a higher power of some type or another, without a doubt there was some force in the universe that from the beginning influenced events, leading to a universe that is absolutely full the elements reguired for life. Not to mention that some force had to have made things the way they are. We know for a fact that the physical laws of the universe could have been different, but they arent which leads me to believe that some force had to have acted to make our current norm, the norm.

For example, gravity could have been stronger or weaker. If it was just 1% stronger the sun would have burned all of its fuel in less than a million years. If gravity had been just 1% weaker the sun and solar system might not have ever formed at all. Which leads me back to my point that, there must be somthing that steered these laws into their current configuration. That or we hit the luckiest lottery ever imagined. as the odds were somthing like a 1 in 100to the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. Or some such impossibly ridiculous number. I will find the stat again if you guys want and post a link. It was from CERN or PHERMI though, so I took it at face value.

It just seems alot more likely there is a "GOD" or whatever, but not one that interferes in the everyday lives of people, ya he or they created this universe and made life inevitable my sheer volume and and content. Just use the Drake equation.The Drake equation states that:

where:
N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible;
and
R* = the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fℓ = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point
fi = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space[4]

[edit]R factor
One can question why the number of civilizations should be proportional to the star formation rate, though this makes technical sense. (The product of all the terms except L tells how many new communicating civilizations are born each year. Then you multiply by the lifetime to get the expected number. For example, if an average of 0.01 new civilizations are born each year, and they each last 500 years on the average, then on the average 5 will exist at any time.) The original Drake Equation can be extended to a more realistic model, where the equation uses not the number of stars that are forming now, but those that were forming several billion years ago. The alternate formulation, in terms of the number of stars in the galaxy, is easier to explain and understand, but implicitly assumes the star formation rate is constant over the life of the galaxy.
[edit]Alternative expression
The number of stars in the galaxy now, N*, is related to the star formation rate R* by

where Tg = the age of the galaxy. Assuming for simplicity that R* is constant, then and the Drake equation can be rewritten into an alternate form phrased in terms of the more easily observable value, N*.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

why do you think you are so special, that out of all the races of beings, and things much stranger, brighter and darker in all the universe, and other planes or dimentions or whatever you want to call it? I mean that wasnt even factoring time yet. We are obviously just a pre level 1/ stage 1/type 1 civilization still bent on self destruction, through division. We will either in the next 100 years come together as a people, and give up all of our old stupid divisive ways, or we will end our little experiment in this world called Mankind. It is as simple as that. I just hope that we all stop concentrating on building walls, and start helping eachother to build bridges.

edit on 2-3-2012 by reddwhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2012 by reddwhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I mean no offense by the term "free thinker." This is not to say that religious followers are mindless fools. No, no, no! By this phrase, I mean the freedom to make my own conclusions and opinions about life, reality, and existence.

NIRV
Matthew 22:36-40

"Teacher," he asked, "which is the most important commandment in the Law?"

Jesus replied, " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your mind. This is the first and most important commandment. And the second is like it. 'Love your neighbor as you love yourself. Everything that is written in the Law and the Prophets is based on these two commandments."

I Love Alpha, Omega, All with all my heart and all my soul. I strive a Service To Others path, and treat and love others as my Self. Therefore, I am following the two most important commandments of the Bible.

However, with the corruption found in Christianity's history... from Apostle Paul's contradictory Gospel... to the many editions and alterations of the Bible... to the infiltration and corruption of Christianity by the Sun Worshippers... the fact that the decisions of the Councils of Carthage and Nicea were determined by the most wealthy, most powerful, and most politically connected church leaders instead of the humble pious followers...

No, I am not going to separate from my fellow human based upon belief.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

What about the crusades and the inquisitions....and the recent wars started by the Christian George W. Bush.?
Let me guess, those guys aren't true(tm) Christians in your book?

Good guess. See we are all sinners and fall short of the Glory of God
As I am sure you are aware Mathew 7:20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. or 7:15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
Just to be considered

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I understand you are a Muslam and hate Christianity, though it is the Muslams who are violent because you are the people of the book and the book demands violence.
We Christians are the people of Jesus and Jesus demands love.

You done whitewashing yourself?
I dont see how a persons background disqualifies or discounts the points that he brings up in a discussion.

My family are with me, but I am in a separate room on the computer. Though they are with me.
Contradiction in YOUR head. Jesus calls his bride home and then sets out on the DESTRUCTION of evil.

I think you missed the part about Rev 17:14 being about a war that Jesus fights....and the verse ends saying that the faithful were "with" him.
Why do you believe the faithful were randomly mentioned in prophecy as being "with him", despite doing nothing while Jesus fought.

I cant whitewash myself fortunately I have Jesus to do that.
Your background reflects your hate of Christianity through the book you read. It may not disqualify you though it clearly reflects on your position. Hate and destroy infidels as the book says to the people of the book.

and maybe we are with Jesus, maybe not. Whatever, I will serve him but its just speculation.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
TextFight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation: Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....
Thats from the Koran to the people of the book on Earth
What moral standard does a Muslam question a Christian on.
Kill all those opposed to my religion. Do you accept the books teaching Skorpion. Is that the sting in your tail. To kill?
Jesus laid down his life and called Christians to do the same.
Different philosophies

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

"What about the crusades and the inquisitions....and the recent wars started by the Christian George W. Bush.?
Let me guess, those guys aren't true(tm) Christians in your book? "

Exactly! No GOD with the kind of love and compassion claimed in the bible, would commit the same acts he commits, or dole out the same punishments he does for so minor a thing. There are other supposed "GODs" from ancient times that also slaughtered those that worshipped any god but them, and slaughtered entire "unfaithful" ( meaning untrainable, or maybe unwilling to bow low to another) populations, by the tens of thousands. Think Xerxes, the Pharoes........ lets just be honest there are so many in history I could max out the character limit. What separates any of these swine from your Judeo/Christian/Muslim beliefs? Oh your guy all have books huh? Wow cudos, your guy had one of the only 5 people in the world that could read or write at the time. That proves they are real!
edit on 2-3-2012 by reddwhite because: sorry forgot " "

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
TextFight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation: Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....
Kill all those opposed to my religion. Do you accept the books teaching Skorpion. Is that the sting in your tail. To kill?
Different philosophies

"Thats from the Koran to the people of the book on Earth"

Wrong, such verses are in context to the wars against the idolators living in Mohammads time. Those are NOT everyday instructions.... as your pastor (or whoever) would like you to think. Those are not very different from when the Israelites were instructed to eliminate their enemies during a war.

However, in the Koran there is no as genocide...or the killing of women and children, as in the bible. Im talking about verses such as Numbers 31:17.... directed towards the Midianites.

Now, you will probably try and sweep these violent old testament verses under the carpet and talking about Jesus and love. At the same time, you also believe that Jesus returns to initiate a global bloodbath.... and that Jesus will be killing all those opposed to your religion

So now, what moral standard does a Christian question a Muslim on?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Just how do you go about being so two-faced?

On one hand, you speak about Jesus' love and mercy....and seem to cringe at the mention of "killing".
On the other hand, you believe that Jesus wil return to kill non-christians without showing any mercy.

So it appears....
killing = very bad
Jesus killing people = very, very good

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Different philosophies

"Thats from the Koran to the people of the book on Earth"

Wrong, such verses are in context to the wars against the idolators living in Mohammads time. Those are NOT everyday instructions.... as your pastor (or whoever) would like you to think. Those are not very different from when the Israelites were instructed to eliminate their enemies during a war.

However, in the Koran there is no as genocide...or the killing of women and children, as in the bible. Im talking about verses such as Numbers 31:17.... directed towards the Midianites.

Now, you will probably try and sweep these violent old testament verses under the carpet and talking about Jesus and love. At the same time, you also believe that Jesus returns to initiate a global bloodbath.... and that Jesus will be killing all those opposed to your religion

So now, what moral standard does a Christian question a Muslim on?

Sweep them under the carpet?
No trumpet them from the rooftops.
GOD IS TERRIBLE. Dont get on his bad side or he will destroy you.
Hence why Jesus was sent. Because God doesnt want humanity to have to keep paying for sin. Keep being destroyed till nothing is left.

How do you know and can you explain the differences. Have all teachings of the Koran become null and void because they are dated. Not in context. I admit I may be wrong so I am asking for an answer
Who chooses what should be acceptable now as opposed to then.
This is a real question not based on one upmanship.

edit on 2-3-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Just how do you go about being so two-faced?

On one hand, you speak about Jesus' love and mercy....and seem to cringe at the mention of "killing".
On the other hand, you believe that Jesus wil return to kill non-christians without showing any mercy.

So it appears....
killing = very bad
Jesus killing people = very, very good

Humanity killing humanity is very bad its in the bible
God killing his creation is different. I dont decide what is right and wrong for God. His creation.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

"Terrible"?
Hang on...I always thought you understood the God of the bible as a God of "love".

here are your own words in a different thread

So what is it then?
Have you changed your mind? or do you keep switching between "God is Love" and "God is terrible" depending on the situation?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Sahabi

host of heaven

That's angels. "Lord of hosts" = Sovereign ruler over the angels. Satan will have all his fallen angel and demon henchmen on the scene, Jesus is bringing His guys too, if anything for an audience.

Which is where he proves who he really is to all the world.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

"Terrible"?
Hang on...I always thought you understood the God of the bible as a God of "love".

here are your own words in a different thread

So what is it then?
Have you changed your mind? or do you keep switching between "God is Love" and "God is terrible" depending on the situation?

Its funny how you want to quantify my opinion of God.
I see God as a parent, terrible when He needs to be and loving because that is how he really is.

The bible declares Him as just, meaning fair. A judge. Righteous and holy.
He is loving though God must be soverighn. In control.
I dont have any problems as a parent smacking my children, I wish I didnt have to and we had a great relationship beyond discipline but I know as a parent its my responsibility to guide my kids.
They know me as both terrible and loving.
Still confusing isnt it scorp.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I see God as a parent, terrible when He needs to be and loving because that is how he really is.

"God is love" in that other thread...no mention of Him being "terrible"
"God is terrible" in this thread...no mention of Him being "love"...

until of course, I reminded you of your other post.

You were basically saying 2 entirely different things in 2 different places...
and now you try and smugly explain your doublespeak, like as if there was a "deeper meaning" to your words which I didn't catch.

Anyway, I've come to expect double-speak from Christians... you are not the first and you certainly wont be the last.
edit on 3-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Hmmm so I am to believe according to you

Lets go to scripture then

God is terrible, Daniel 9:4 & Nehemiah 1:5
and now it explains God is love
"Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love." [1 John 4:8 ]

Both terrible and love co existing, above your head?

"God is Love." This simple yet complex statement is found only twice1, 2 in the Bible and is commonly presented out of context. It is generally misunderstood and often circulated in a fashion that leads many into Hell. The statement –while very easy to make and accept when presented in its undefined form– has a depth of reality far beyond what the average person wants to know even though such knowledge is critical to salvation.
www.trosch.org...

but you are not interested in the truth, you just want the fight.
Getting very board of your ignorance
edit on 3-3-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I see a lot of Christian vs Muslim bickering on this thread. Why should you guys quarrel when your religion come from the same branch, Abraham to the Jews/Christians/Catholics and Ibrahim to the Muslims. It is the preachers who are highly looked upon that misguide the flocks. God is always loving and forgiving and fair. Jesus died on the cross to save the souls of those that lived before Him. It would be unfair to the souls as they were not exposed to his teaching. Just look at the world today...and the horror and devastation committed everywhere. Time for the moderates to stop this nonsense and embrace one another before you make a joke of the Abrahamic religion. Like it or not the problem stems from you people disagreeing. People from other faith do not see the rationale of it all. So if you do not wise up you can cancel each other out and let us live in peace. I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim...I am a peace lover. So please..guys..get your act together.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Quoting scriptures now doesn't change the fact that you were the one saying 2 different things in 2 different places....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yeah, whatever.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
No, he [Satan] is a real entity, the god (small g) of this world.

Where is your evidence that he is a real entity? I'd much like to see it.
edit on 3-3-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

My response was directed to those who do not believe (which is their right), but have no problem bashing and chastising those who do and the very man that created them. I agree with you 100%, at the end of the day the only person who is accountable for actions wether good or bad is the individual themselves. I defend the man who made me, I always have and I always will no matter what the circumstances may be.

PLPL

I have to add that I am against killing of any kind. It is not our place to decide how or when a person leaves this life, that my friend is the sole descion of the creator. We are all individuals from head to toe, we all do not think the same, act the same or look the same, but the one thing that we do share is the same father.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Minori because: (no reason given)

I see... So since I'm a non-believer and I do not blame anyone I'm exempt... nice...

Then for someone to state they blame someone, or thing, that they don't don't believe in would pretty foolish...

Although I do not believe we are from the father as you believe we are. IMO we are just an ant farm project and the misrepresentation of Gods was our natives fault. Let me ask you this. If we landed on another planet that was less intelligent then our own do you think they would mistake us as Gods? Do you think that if they were pretty dubbed down that we would not take advantage of that?

Now I understand faith and why people have it. I just put my faith in myself and in nature of all things, good and bad. You have to have a balance. No one is good and no one is bad. They just are. Bad and good are nothing more then labeled opinions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join