It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave Monotheistic Religion And There Will Be No Final Battle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by NOTurTypical

So.... Revelations 17:14 is saying that the chosen believers at the war will be only used as audience? Where's the proof in that?

Just like our redemption, Christ will handle His business by Himself. He treads the wine-press alone. (Isaiah 63:3)

Add:
In the above referenced verse, the word "called" in this contexts seems to indicate a call to war, call to battle. What do you think?

No, called according to election.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin

No you forget michael is supposed to chain up satan. Then theres that dude from the abyss he is supposed to do something. Theres also those grim reaper types but i cant be sure if there angels cuase it doesn't really specify.

Satan is bound at the beginning of the millennium, by implication his kingdom is as well, the demons and fallen angels are bound with him.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

What? I thought revelations is supposed to be a prophecy? How could the rebellion have already happen?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

I believe Satan is an allegorical entity, representing the side of human nature that's bound to earthly things; i.e materialism & egotism.

No, he is a real entity, the god (small g) of this world. We are born and bound in sin unless Christ saves us and washes us. We just act like "dad" when we're not saved. Jesus said those people's father was the devil. We're materialistic and egotistic, actually narcissistic, just like the devil and the world's system.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin

What? I thought revelations is supposed to be a prophecy? How could the rebellion have already happen?

I didn't say he has been. WW 2 should have made that pretty obvious satan's not yet bound.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Come on, we still have room on the Jesus bandwagon

I appreciate Jesus (Canon and Gnostics) as a wise philosopher, philanthropist, and humanitarian. I love him as my brother.

Prophet... Son of God... God in the Flesh... no, I do not believe.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
God is going to slaughter all who do not agree with him.

I want Peace with mankind and nature. I want Peace with those who disagree with me.

I just can not comprehend attributing Love or Forgiveness to a God who wishes to torture and torment non-believers for eternity. A god who only extends this Love and Forgiveness to those who bow and obey. No forgiveness to free thinkers who love and respect?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
lol

the stench of righteous hypocrisy on this thread
rises up to heaven itself

the followers of the most violent death-cult in the history of humanity
responsible for hundreds of millions of deaths

are now claiming to be peaceful widdle lambs that wouldn't hurt a fly

the enablers in word, deed, belief, and prayer of Armageddon itself
are passing the blame onto jeebus for the hoped for extermination of 9/10ths of humanity
while they, the elect, fap away on their porcelain -Cough- porphyry thrones

excuse me i'm gonna have to cut this short
the stench has caused some swooning in the heights
and it seems the hosts of the seraphim and a couple of puttos have crash-landed in the street outside

edit on 1-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

No, he is a real entity, the god (small g) of this world. We are born and bound in sin unless Christ saves us and washes us. We just act like "dad" when we're not saved. Jesus said those people's father was the devil. We're materialistic and egotistic, actually narcissistic, just like the devil and the world's system.

So Satan is our dad? I thought God was our creator, therefore our only "parent". Satan is merely a fallen angel who tempts. So you're saying that a fallible angel who rebels against God has the ability to taint his perfect creations? This doesn't make sense. As for human flaws, that's part of what it means to be conscious. The journey towards peace and love doesn't come without trial & tribulation. Some fail the test. Again, can you answer my question regarding psychopaths? They are born without the capacity to love or feel empathy; can you say it's Satan if they never had a choice?

A creator that allows for his perfect offspring to become imperfect & over the course of millenia suffer on earth, as well at eternally in a fiery afterlife; I would rather have no part knowing him.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

We do not do the fighting and killing in Yeshua's army, he does it all. We won't even lift a finger.

reply to post by borntowatch

Where is your evidence that Christians will partake in this battle?

Read this verse regarding the battles involving the 10 kings of the beasts kingdom.

Revelation 17:14
Together they will go to war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will defeat them because he is Lord of all lords and King of all kings. And his called and chosen and faithful ones will be with him.”

The lambs chosen and faithful ones will be with the lamb when he defeats the 10 kings.

My interpretation is that the "chosen and faithful"(whoever they are) will actively participate in the conflict with Jesus... They wont just be standing like cheerleaders while Jesus does all the fighting.

That said, things just might turn out to match the Islamic views of eschatology.
Refer to the third link in my signature.

edit on 1-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi
[mor

"Jesus said live by the sword die by the sword... yet he is coming back with a big sword in his mouth? "

Exactly, their "merciful" God seems to always be all out of it. Not to mention all the times he murdered tens of thousands in cold blood, or contradicts himself. " God created man in his image" God is perfect" yet he has to destroy us for our imperfections, and punish us for being the way he made us by torturing us for eternity, because we picked the wrong religion out of the 1000 on earth with no direction but a fantasy written thousands of years ago by the same imperfect heathens he had to slaughter for being imperfect heathens.

Either your Gods are the sickest most twisted masochistic beings I have ever heard of, or maybe you should try living your life based on somthing other then the writings of a hemlock tripping adolescent from a time so far in the past that less then 1 in a 1000 could even read or write. Sorry but basing your life and opinion and thought process on the words of an uneducated caveman, without one single shred of proof. Sorry, but if your Gods were real they would have come back by now like they promised. Why do they not have a problem coming and showing themselves to the whole of the world in cave man times but they cant give us even one shred of proof for over 2000 years?

Lets just do a thought experiment real fast to see what is more likely.

1 An all powerful God created everything, created us, shows us favor, but gives us no knowledge at all, then punishes those that seek knowledge for being naturally curious, just like he made us. Then just out of nowhere decides, hhmmm well the only way they can deserve my love is love me unconditionally at all times no matter what, even though I am not around ever or even offer even the smallest tiny little trace of proof other than a story written so long ago that the vikings have stories about their Gods that are more recent than his only book.

or

2 we either evolved ( not high on my list as our evolution would have been thousands of times faster than any other known species in history) or we were uplifted ( uplift; the process by which a non sentient race or early evolution sentient race is modified through selective breeding and gene modification for the purpose of creating and spreading intelligent life, by a benevolent and unimaginably advanced race.) which is the most likely as we actually have proof thanks to the human genome project. There are over 1500 genetic abnormalities a human can have, the highest number in any other species on the planet was a couple hundred in dogs last time I checked, and we know they are genetically modified we did it tens of thousands of years ago through selective breeding and it still continues today.

So just from critical thinking, and common sense I come to the conclusion religion is a farce, and some people will buy into anything as long as the story is good enough

I dont mean to offend, I am not trying to knock anyones lifestyle choices. Just saying, it seems like I could sit here right now and write a much better story than that, and I would actually supply at least some kind of flimsy evidence at least, what kind of all powerful can do ANYTHING being would demand absolute loyalty without proof of any kind ever.

I bet you guys pay bills that come in the mail without proof you owe them money too huh? What was your address again?

edit on 1-3-2012 by reddwhite because: none

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

ooops... somebody already beat me to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Regardless if it's the Crusades, Jihad, Battle of Armegeddon or Qiyam... we should not be killing for Peace... killing for Love... killing for Forgiveness...

Jesus said live by the sword die by the sword... yet he is coming back with a big sword in his mouth?

I'm just dreaming of Peace and human brotherhood.

Jesus did not live by the sword. His motto was "turn the other cheek". Now him coming back with a sword is his mouth is about His justice. The people on the naughty list who have been living by the sword or whatever He judges to be evil will have face His judgement.

Jesus said live by the sword die by the sword... yet he is coming back with a big sword in his mouth?

I just had to laugh when I read this. Hope what I said explains that a little for you.

Keep dreaming of peace and human brotherhood. Nice thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Come on, we still have room on the Jesus bandwagon

I appreciate Jesus (Canon and Gnostics) as a wise philosopher, philanthropist, and humanitarian. I love him as my brother.

Prophet... Son of God... God in the Flesh... no, I do not believe.

I prefer the Christian Jesus to the Gnostic one. The Christian Jesus really came in the flesh, the Gnostic Jesus only appeared to.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

No, the unrepentant unsaved are the sons of the devil. Remember when Jesus told the Pharisees who their father really was when they were confused it was the one from heaven? It says we can be adopted as sons of God through Christ. But that's adopted, and through Christ.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

My interpretation is that the "chosen and faithful"(whoever they are) will actively participate in the conflict with Jesus... They wont just be standing like cheerleaders while Jesus does all the fighting.

Read Isaiah 63, He says He will tread the wine-press alone in His wrath. The saints, and the angelic hosts will be spectators. It'll be the greatest showdown in history.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by reddwhite
reply to post by borntowatch

Well, it is easy to say that people only treat you well when they want somthing, and your God treats you great all the time. However, if we were omnipotent omnipresent allpowerful beings that didnt have to spend every waking second humping to feed our kids, we would probably have alot more time for ya bud. However, since your oh so great God decided to make this world he forced upon us as #ty a place as possible, well I would say, your God's idea of doing me a favor, reminds me of how Hitler was doing all those Jews a favor in WW2.

God didnt, he gave us paradise and we gave it away, He has promised us we will get it back. Not now but soon. Its been purchased.
I am not asking for your time, best you decide what suits yourself. I am not asking you for anything either, just like God isnt asking me for anything. Believe what you want, grace is a free gift. Gifts are for taking
From my position though you are following the Hitlers of this world. Your not happy because you cant be satisfied.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Regardless if it's the Crusades, Jihad, Battle of Armegeddon or Qiyam... we should not be killing for Peace... killing for Love... killing for Forgiveness...

I'm just dreaming of Peace and human brotherhood.

Be good wouldnt it, sadly it doesnt exist.
We live in an opportunistic Vs revenge world. People are selfish and unforgiving and when Jesus returns he will correct it.
That is the Christian hope. Unfortunately like all sin, it will cost

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by reddwhite
reply to post by Sahabi
[mor

"Jesus said live by the sword die by the sword... yet he is coming back with a big sword in his mouth? "

Exactly, their "merciful" God seems to always be all out of it. Not to mention all the times he murdered tens of thousands in cold blood, or contradicts himself. " God created man in his image" God is perfect" yet he has to destroy us for our imperfections, and punish us for being the way he made us by torturing us for eternity, because we picked the wrong religion out of the 1000 on earth with no direction but a fantasy written thousands of years ago by the same imperfect heathens he had to slaughter for being imperfect heathens.

Either your Gods are the sickest most twisted masochistic beings I have ever heard of, or maybe you should try living your life based on somthing other then the writings of a hemlock tripping adolescent from a time so far in the past that less then 1 in a 1000 could even read or write. Sorry but basing your life and opinion and thought process on the words of an uneducated caveman, without one single shred of proof. Sorry, but if your Gods were real they would have come back by now like they promised. Why do they not have a problem coming and showing themselves to the whole of the world in cave man times but they cant give us even one shred of proof for over 2000 years?

Lets just do a thought experiment real fast to see what is more likely.

1 An all powerful God created everything, created us, shows us favor, but gives us no knowledge at all, then punishes those that seek knowledge for being naturally curious, just like he made us. Then just out of nowhere decides, hhmmm well the only way they can deserve my love is love me unconditionally at all times no matter what, even though I am not around ever or even offer even the smallest tiny little trace of proof other than a story written so long ago that the vikings have stories about their Gods that are more recent than his only book.

or

2 we either evolved ( not high on my list as our evolution would have been thousands of times faster than any other known species in history) or we were uplifted ( uplift; the process by which a non sentient race or early evolution sentient race is modified through selective breeding and gene modification for the purpose of creating and spreading intelligent life, by a benevolent and unimaginably advanced race.) which is the most likely as we actually have proof thanks to the human genome project. There are over 1500 genetic abnormalities a human can have, the highest number in any other species on the planet was a couple hundred in dogs last time I checked, and we know they are genetically modified we did it tens of thousands of years ago through selective breeding and it still continues today.

So just from critical thinking, and common sense I come to the conclusion religion is a farce, and some people will buy into anything as long as the story is good enough

I dont mean to offend, I am not trying to knock anyones lifestyle choices. Just saying, it seems like I could sit here right now and write a much better story than that, and I would actually supply at least some kind of flimsy evidence at least, what kind of all powerful can do ANYTHING being would demand absolute loyalty without proof of any kind ever.

I bet you guys pay bills that come in the mail without proof you owe them money too huh? What was your address again?

edit on 1-3-2012 by reddwhite because: none

Go read the bible your logic is flawed. We broke the relationship.
IT DESCRIBES GOD AS BEING TERRIBLE
You are the one who wants him described as a bald fat garden ornament who gives you wishes if his belly is rubbed.
Your opinion is based on wishful thinking not logic.
You think you can demand God conforms to your desire, doesnt work that way. Silly premise. This whole thread is about humanity manipulating God. Its silly
edit on 1-3-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Read Isaiah 63, He says He will tread the wine-press alone in His wrath. The saints, and the angelic hosts will be spectators. It'll be the greatest showdown in history.

That does not negate what Revelations 17 says.
Revelations 17 strongly implies that that Jesus would have his faithful with him when he fights the beasts armies. So simply pointing me to a biblical verse that says otherwise only means that there is a contradiction within the bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join