It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the horror of scraping by on $350,000 a year

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I noticed you avoided my other post, in direct response to your trolling.

Here you are directly insulting me again, and directly ignored my comment stating you were incorrect.

Great way to act like an asshat!

Anyway, to the topic, the people that are angry with me, and the ones calling me stupid. Well all they need is a mirror, and a reach-a-round. For apparently they like being poked in the rear, by their "betters"

Oh yeah, and you should really follow the T&C being a "bronze content" contributor. Or is your content just trolling posts?

EDIT
(Why not address these points?)

Originally posted by adigregorio
Oh, I see! I am not supposed to be insulted at the arrogance presented by this article? I am not supposed to see the same behavior traits in many of the ultra rich, and even if I do see those traits I must again be un-insulted?

And you know, the rich guy may be on my "list" for his actions. At least it wasn't specifically directed at me, as your ignorance is. But that's okay, most folks on this site anymore are just 15 year old little boys (and girls).

PS: I said it was a sword, not a gun. Might help to read the posts you are going to troll, just sayin'

edit on 3/2/2012 by adigregorio because: To point out my points that were trollishly ignored

edit on 3/2/2012 by adigregorio because: Postscripting

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Just out of interest, do you think your views may change if you suddenly came into huge amounts of cash? (talking mega money instead of just a million or two).

I realise it is hard to accurately predict this for a variety of factors.

The reason i ask is that while i share many of your views, i have a horrible feeling (if im being honest) that mine would change should i suddenly find myself rich. I would like to think they wouldn't but i am honest enough to accept that they may regardless!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

No amount of money would cause me to think I was better than another person.

Please understand, my position has nothing to do with rich folks. It has to do with folks (rich or otherwise) that think they are better than me. In this specific instance, the person(s) is/are rich. AND they are directly attacking me with their words/actions.

Let's look at this from a scaled down perspective. To a bum on the street, I am an ultra rich person. Do I go up to the bums and tell them that they are ignorant to my woes? Do I go on to explain that because they live in a box, they could never understand the hassles of a mortgage?

Are they less than me because of those points?

Absolutely not, and I would expect them to beat me down if I treated them as such. Again, this could just be the cat food talking...

--Anyway--

Would my views change if I were to become wealthy...again, I can not truthfully answer this. Except to say that I would not act as this person is acting, nor many other rich folks (as presented in various medias). In fact, the bum senario I used above. Well I do converse with bums, I pass out what money I have to them and cigarettes if asked.

Why? Because I have empathy, I know what it feels like to be down-and-out. And, the last thing one wants to hear is how much of a less-than they are.

Meow

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Im not suprised about this info at all.. I am wondering how stupid he must be to let these thoughts hit the internet. But as for rich people not getting it.. Well they could be right.. Its all perspective. But its clear that rich only care about sustaining their wealth. They dont give a # about you. Your bosses boss doesnt give a # about you. They spend more money on 1 night than you make yearly.. Or in a decade. Get it

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It might be beneficial to refer to the source article for the commentary in Wordpress this is based upon:

Wall Street Bonus Withdrawal Means trading Aspen for Coupons

Which appeared in Bloomberg News on the 29th of February, 2012.

Andrew Schiff was sitting in a traffic jam in California this month after giving a speech at an investment conference about gold. He turned off the satellite radio, got out of the car and screamed a profanity.

“I’m not Zen at all, and when I’m freaking out about the situation, where I’m stuck like a rat in a trap on a highway with no way to get out, it’s very hard,” Schiff, director of marketing for broker-dealer Euro Pacific Capital Inc., said in an interview.

Schiff, 46, is facing another kind of jam this year: Paid a lower bonus, he said the $350,000 he earns, enough to put him in the country’s top 1 percent by income, doesn’t cover his family’s private-school tuition, a Kent, Connecticut, summer rental and the upgrade they would like from their 1,200-square- foot Brooklyn duplex.

“I feel stuck,” Schiff said. “The New York that I wanted to have is still just beyond my reach.”

Expectations of entitlement? Not precisely.

He described a feeling of “malaise” and a “paralysis that does not allow one to believe that generally things are going to get better,” listing geopolitical hot spots such as Iran and low interest rates that have been “artificially manipulated” by the Federal Reserve.

How come when they say it news... and we we say it it's "conspiracy theory?"

“I can’t imagine what I’m going to do,” Schiff said. “I’m crammed into 1,200 square feet. I don’t have a dishwasher. We do all our dishes by hand.”

He wants 1,800 square feet -- “a room for each kid, three bedrooms, maybe four,” he said. “Imagine four bedrooms. You have the luxury of a guest room, how crazy is that?”

Ummm, As a census employee long, long ago, I recall visiting homes where 10-15 people all slept in one living room.... oh wait.. those weren't real "people" they didn't make money "managing" other people's money.

Earlier this month, a friend invited him on a trip to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. The friend was going to be a judge in a wet T-shirt contest, Kullberg said. He turned down the offer.

It wouldn’t have been “the most financially prudent thing to do,” he said. “I’m not totally sure about what I’m going to get paid this year, how I’m going to be doing.”

He thinks more about the long term, he said, and plans to buy a foreclosed two-bedroom house in Charlotte, North Carolina, for $50,000 next month.

... and to the class of people we are discussing that's called "making sacrifices." Fortunately for most, attending a "wet T-shirt" contest doesn't involve spending the equivalent of a blue-collar worker's monthly paycheck. So spending the equivalent of a veteran blue-collar worker's yearly salary one month on a foreclosed home seems like it should be expressed as a "regret."

To contact the reporter on this story: Max Abelson in New York at [email protected].

To contact the editor responsible for this story: David Scheer at [email protected].

I think they are expecting feedback for the "Big Spreadsheet of Social Engineering" they must be working on.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
They need to take money management classes...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
God forbid this guy has to take the subway to work.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hahahaha. I can't wait until all these people with this attitude lose all their material distractions.

Can anyone say chaos? Destruction of their perfect little illusion of life.

Muahahahahaha

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

I would say that if he hates having money so much, than I would have no problem relinquishing him of all of his "misery". People like this guy make me bloody sick. Some people just do not deserve even the air that they breathe. I think if he lost everything tomorrow, he'd be on the news the day after threatening to jump off a building. At that point I would also have no problem talking him the wrong way off the ledge. Makes me so angry hearing people born with a silver spoon up their a$s, complaining about all of the pressure, when they don't have a clue what pressure is in the first place. The most pressure people like him have ever felt is probably deciding which Mercedes to buy. Grrrrrrrr.
edit on 2/3/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

i shall buy a sword and name it ice-cream, for those who don't prefer cake.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Once money is replaced with the cell phone app (according to CNN news ticker yesterday) it will not matter. Society will change this year whether it be due to weather, asteroid, war or economy crash, soon enough social status will be worth spit. The table always turns.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoNotForgetMe
Once money is replaced with the cell phone app (according to CNN news ticker yesterday) it will not matter. Society will change this year whether it be due to weather, asteroid, war or economy crash, soon enough social status will be worth spit. The table always turns.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

If any country does that everyone will use another currency for day to day.

FUlly electronic cash is a very stupid idea, we need less relience of tech when it comes to votes and money - some things are not better with a robot/machine/device.

Did you ever see demolition man? sex helmets, that is all!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The problem is they don't think they are better than you. They probably don't even know you exist. The idea of killing people for being successful though is not right. I agree that anyone with that amount of money should not be complaining though. I have battled for the past 10 years, adapted to it and couldn't be happier. It makes me laugh reading crap like this.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

If they think I live off of cat food, they think they are better than me. If they think I can't understand their "problems" they think they are better than me.

Again, why do you (others too) think that I want recompense just because of their social status? Correlation does not equal causation, I dislike them because these people think they are more than me.

This is apparent from this article, and many others that have been posted in these boards. If the people are so righteous, when the poop hits the fan they will be fighting on the same side as me. (Front lines, remember?)

Either way, if you agree with how they treat the "peasants" I can only assume either 1) You are not a "peasant", or 2) You just want to rile up the conversation.
edit on 3/3/2012 by adigregorio because: can understand, TO, can't understand

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by Redevilfan09

If they think I live off of cat food, they think they are better than me. If they think I can't understand their "problems" they think they are better than me.

Why would you worry about their problms in the first place? worry about you. If they think you live of "cat food" then they obviously do not understand you or dont really care.

Again, why do you (others too) think that I want recompense just because of their social status? Correlation does not equal causation, I dislike them because these people think they are more than me.

Not entirely true. Most of the people that you refer too have worked their arses off to get to where they are today. They have struggled to get to where they are today, just like we struggle with our daily lives whether they are great or not. Most of them do not think they are better than you, only a minority would.

This is apparent from this article, and many others that have been posted in these boards. If the people are so righteous, when the poop hits the fan they will be fighting on the same side as me. (Front lines, remember?)

I don't think they will be fighting on the frontline. They will tail it and hope someone like yourself does it for them, then you will see how better those people actually are than you.

[Either way, if you agree with how they treat the "peasants" I can only assume either 1) You are not a "peasant", or 2) You just want to rile up the conversation

I have worked for a few rich pricks who actually think they are better. One of my bosses broke his neck down the river one day, won a 3.4 million dollar lawsuit and still to this day from his wheelchair feels he can blame everyone for his mistake and treat people like they are pieces of sh!t, me included.

Others pay minimum wage, tell you that they think its a fair wage while you break your back doing the work for them whilst telling you that if they are going to go bust (because you are to slow) they would rather go bust fishing of the coast in Queensland in retirement. I got sacked two days later and this happened 2 weeks ago. I have 2 daughters under 10 years old, did he care about that? No...

Now you can answer your own question. Peasant or Sh!t stirring?

I have battled for a long time mate, and I share the same views about certain people who believe they are better than me and you, but I simply pretend those people do not exist until they decide they want to exist in my life and when they do, they will not be fighting along side me because I know they would most likely stab me in the back. I actually do have a bad taste for rich people after a few experiences with them and they are on their own just as I will be if anything was to ever occur.

The only difference between me and them is this - I have learnt to live off nothing, they haven't.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
350k a year? Hell i'd trade that for my measly $1300 a month military pension, I might be able to 'scrape by' on 350k....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by skuly
I did check if it was april the 1st before posting this.

People who don't have money don't understand the stress, said Alan Dlugash, a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy. Could you imagine what it's like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?

Alan is a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy and for some reason i thinks the poor eat cat food.

Some have even been forced to shop for discount Salmon. How could people who enjoy cat food ever understand that kind of humiliation? If someone doesn’t halt this death spiral soon they may have to settle for Microsoft products (which even poor people hate).

Zerohedge

Here a link to his Facebook page to see what he looks like.

Now i would live well on £20k pay a year but this man got more money than sense
just look at where the wall street people spend thay money on.

Scheiner said he spends about $500 a month to park one of his two Audis in a garage and at least $7,500 a year each for memberships at the Trump National Golf Club in Westchester and a gun club in upstate New York. A labradoodle named Zelda and a rescued bichon frise, Duke, cost $17,000 a year, including food, health care, boarding and a daily dog-walker who charges $17 each per outing, he said.

How can this lot be in finance when they cant even control they own spending.

edit on 1/3/2012 by skuly because: (no reason given)

I can be his pet dog for a year and i can look after his car and me and zelda can go for walks for that kind of money. hell, i only get $4,800 a year on unemployment. SO WHAT DOES THIS MAKE ME IN THE EYE OF SOCIETY? A cockroach. I need a job. I know, where does he live, maybe he can employ me and save himself some money and i do it all. roof,roof. hey zelda, lets go for a ride in the jag and go to the beach, we'll pick up the kids after school then we can sit around and watch t.v poolside while i order out food for us all. Then we can call our master and tell them everything is peachy. Then we can retire to the dug out when our master comes home and sleep then wake up and do it all over again.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hey, Live near a rich area in a city and be a dog walker.
$17.00 Per Dog, probably for only 1/2 an hour......Take 2 dogs, thats $34.00 per 1/2 hour.
Do 4 dogs in an hour, thats $68.00 per hour.......Work about 4 hours per day...thats $272.00 per day.
Work 5 days per week...thats $1360.00 per week @ only 20 hours work per week......

There you go bro.....all ya gots to do is Like dogs....and you get paid to exercise!!.
So, Can you live on $1360.00 per week, workin 1/2 the time of regular folks......???

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

I'm going to seriously check into this. Do i have to move? where are the rich folks who do this and i would have to pick an area where i walk many dogs at a time, i need the excercise. When i get tired, maybe if i save enough i can buy some roller blades and they can pull me. This in turn will give the dog excercise and tire them out. I could buy 4 stakes that i carry around so when i stop to rest i could put the dogs connected to stakes in the ground. THANKS. I need to research.

edit on 3-3-2012 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I understand he is spending very foolishly, but to sum it up..
"Mo money, Mo problems"

Few years ago, the company I worked for shut down. (U.S HQ couldn't afford a site in Canada as well)
Anyways, I was making 65k a year and was doing fairly well but my friend there, who also got laid off, was making roughly 125k a year. The lay-off was much harder on her because she had the new house, new car, and all these things that someone making that kind of money would have.

Being "rich" can be burdensome... Even tho one may not think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join