It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the horror of scraping by on $350,000 a year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I did check if it was april the 1st before posting this.

People who don't have money don't understand the stress, said Alan Dlugash, a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy. Could you imagine what it's like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?

Alan is a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy and for some reason i thinks the poor eat cat food.

Some have even been forced to shop for discount Salmon. How could people who enjoy cat food ever understand that kind of humiliation? If someone doesn’t halt this death spiral soon they may have to settle for Microsoft products (which even poor people hate).

Zerohedge

Here a link to his Facebook page to see what he looks like.

Now i would live well on £20k pay a year but this man got more money than sense
just look at where the wall street people spend thay money on.

Scheiner said he spends about $500 a month to park one of his two Audis in a garage and at least $7,500 a year each for memberships at the Trump National Golf Club in Westchester and a gun club in upstate New York. A labradoodle named Zelda and a rescued bichon frise, Duke, cost $17,000 a year, including food, health care, boarding and a daily dog-walker who charges $17 each per outing, he said.

How can this lot be in finance when they cant even control they own spending.

edit on 1/3/2012 by skuly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Whilst i agree with you, there is an element of truth in what he says in that people live to their wages. Remember when you got your first job? That first paycheque (for most people, not all) leaves you feeling on top of the world and that you could never spend that much (even though we all know your first wages are, frankly, bull plop). Fast forward several years and the paycheques you are earning, which are far more than your first paycheques, are no longer quite enough - you have got used to living on your wage.

So in that respect, and only that respect, i have a modicum of sympathy for the bloke. In all other respects he should join the real world!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

OMG what a PIG! I'd spit on him if he were in front of me (gross yes but damn) or maybe offer him some nice Fancy Feast

Seriously these people are delusional! They can't even manage their own money....

Awe waaaaa discount salmon....I can't even think of the last time I had salmon!

The wealthy have NO DAMN CLUE what it is like to figure out how you will pay your bills or what meal you will eat next. All they seem to care about is downgrading their vacation spots or car purchases....Oh how I DON'T feel sorry for them.

Why does someone need TWO Audi's? That is one thing i can't figure out with the wealthy how they amass collections of cars and homes. I mean HOW many cars can you drive at once and how many homes can you live in? Why spend millions on a home that will sit empty for 11mths out of the year?! Why waste money on parking a car you drive a few times a month?

I have lived off of 200 bucks a week, with a car payment, rent and food. I didn't starve and I didn't eat cat food. If you know how to budget your money you will be fine...Oh and live within your means!

S&F

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Obviously, this man is mentally undeveloped.

It coincides with research that proves people like him pretty much miss the development of empathy and mirror neurons.

So no, he is not right in any way, he is mentally undeveloped.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Lets open a charity for these "broken" people.

They "need" and "deserve" our money. It breaks my heart to see rich people becoming poor.

It's worse than World famine, War etc.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Geez I'm living on 150 dollars a week for food after rent, internet and power.

I get by just easy, I even love shopping for the cheapest stuff, Homebrand stuff mainly it taste allot better than the branded stuff.

Oh I wish I could have a lump some of 4000 dollars to do some projects. these people don't know hardship.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks

Homebrand stuff mainly it taste allot better than the branded stuff.

That is so true! I thought I was the only one who thought that! But you my friend, are spot on...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Although there is an element to truth to that statement its not so much in the beginning as getting used to your wage as it is your responsibilities increasing. Your first paychecks you may have nothing but a job, then you get a car to move around. Now your spending more. Then maybe you get a girlfriend ,an apartment or home, then maybe a kid or two etc.

Its more of a combination of increases in responsibility. Now once your responsibilities are taken care of then you find yourself spending wastefully that's more getting used to your wage but these days with ever increasing costs and wages staying the same its a constant balancing act. The man in this scenario is wasteful spending. Here is a novel idea maybe he can, dare i say it, walk his own dogs. Why own one if you don't want to put in the personal time with it

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'll bet this guy inspired most of the posts on this site:

First World Problems

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Well obviously one thing we can do is send them to a sort of "special day camp" five days a week, eight hours a day. And once there, have them engage in "making crafts". And then give them $7.35/hr in fun money, of course it should only be every two weeks and never be for the full amount. I mean after all, part of that money has to go to some of their other rich friends that can't go to "day camp".

I wonder how long it would take them to figure that out.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yet another victim of the dreaded double post. Happens to all of us.

edit on 1-3-2012 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

Yes, i didn't express myself very well did i?

It is crazy though, i know people that whinge about their six figure salaries and i know a few that sign on......and the thing they all have in common is moaning about how much they have to live on!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay

Originally posted by amraks

Homebrand stuff mainly it taste allot better than the branded stuff.

That is so true! I thought I was the only one who thought that! But you my friend, are spot on...

I think allot of people like Homebrand stuff.

Homebrand Fizzy(soda pop), Homebrand Narcho's, Homebrand Salsa Dip, Homebrand Nuggets, Homebrand Fish Fingers, FIltets, Pasta, Noodles.

Mi GOreng is good too.

For veggies I go to the local Veggie store.

Meat I buy that where ever is cheapest.

Just don't get the Homebrand frozen pizza's they are sickening now.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Lets go Obama start a class war lets redistribute wealth from these unworthy parasites the old fashion way!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ive been blessed with a huge range of feinds, being from a very low class when i was young and middle class when i left my family home ive seen all edges of wealth and how it effects poeple.

Just because some dude owns a tonne of cash does indeed NOT mean that he has the same stress as another guys whos been used to living on less. Being stressed about money effects everyone belive it or not.

Ive seen people go from a million pound house to a quarter of a mil place in a matter of months.

Id say that even though yes, a rich guy earning a bunch and then being cut down is hardly front page news, but your financial situation changing is no laughing matter, no matter who you are.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Peter Schiff, 46, is facing another kind of jam this year: Paid a lower bonus, he said the $350,000 he earns, enough to put him in the country’s top 1 percent by income, doesn’t cover his family’s private-school tuition, a Kent, Connecticut, summer rental and the upgrade they would like from their 1,200-square- foot Brooklyn duplex.

“I feel stuck,” Schiff said. “The New York that I wanted to have is still just beyond my reach.

And he worked as economic advisor to Ron Paul
Doesn't matter though, this is just class warfare propaganda. People get used to their pay check. If you made less money, you'd complain too...(at least in your head, to yourself).

edit on 1-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
on his facebook page: Favourite quote "There are more important things in life than money.....but they won't go out with you if you're broke!"

Correction - They won't go out with YOU because your a total douche.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Acronychal because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Perhaps it would be a good idea if he was kidnap't, and dropped off somewhere where the locals live on $5.00 a week, then see how he survives, for more than two days.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ah another "let's hate on people who actually made something out of their life, instead of wasting it away living in the dirt" topic. Always fun to read the jealous comments from losers who have crap jobs and can't afford anything

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
sweet idea lets do a reality tv show on this guy and make him live on 5 dollars a week for a year.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join