It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first visible sign that can not be denied.Dozens of Volcanoes around the world awakening.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Now,I don't want to say things but today is March third and...

a Big Wind started to blow all around the world.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

So you don't have any actual data, just a feeling?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

The only way volcanic activity will stop on Earth is when Earth becomes an unchanging, cold, dead planet. I'm not sure why you're so excited to have that happen.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LetsGoViking

What's the R value of that line? I'm willing to bet it's way too low to actually try and draw a legitimate correlation.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I posted a thread a while ago to discuss the possibilities of another shift in the Earth's crust, and presented the magnetic pole information to support the idea that we could be seeing this again.

In my opinion, the Earth goes through phases where the crust becomes unstable and shifts at a faster rate than is safe for life. Of course, everything is moving all the time, but I think that - much like earth quakes - there is sometimes a jolt that shifts everything around.

There is evidence in Human history to support this idea, with legends going back thousands of years. The Great Flood is believed to reference one such event, with the discoveries of sunken structures offering further evidence that fast change in geological structure has happened before.

I think we all know that from our own perspectives seismic activity has been increasing, along with extreme weather phenomena. Whether that is a pattern, a natural cycle we just haven't seen in recorded history, or not is another matter.

Personally, I do think that activity has increased, and that we could be seeing the start of something. But that could take decades to go through or be a sudden change over days. I'm hoping it's more gradual that sudden!

A sudden shift in the Earth's crust would awaken volcanic activity all over the world, and would increase quake activity too. I believe it would also account for the wild weather we've been seeing. When we combine everything we've been seeing increasing over the last decade, it definitely suggests that there is a global change happening that is not exclusively related to global warming.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by LetsGoViking

What's the R value of that line? I'm willing to bet it's way too low to actually try and draw a legitimate correlation.

The R^2 = 0.0192 which means basically it's useless for predictive power. Time series shouldn't ever be smoothed and the trend always is reflected in the starting and end points. My dates were purely arbitrary and the trend just points to the the fact that as of the end of 2011 there was an increase in volcanic activity overall during the chosen times. That being said, there is a correlation between volcanic activity and Solar Cycle low periods. But I am not implying causation since I can't determine a mechanism that would cause such an increase. But it is damn interesting.
Cheers,

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
And still they wake up.

March 4, 2012 – ECUADOR – The Tungurahua volcano increased its activity level at 18:30 on Saturday. According to the technicians of the Observatory of the Geophysical Institute, this is characterized by the explosive ejection of incandescent rocks with additional steam and ash.

Moreover, the intensity of the bellows rose relative to those detected at 14:20 on the start of this new eruptive process. Jorge Bustillos, a volcanologist, said the expulsion of the material reaches 500 meters above the crater and the vapor cloud 800.

“The activity is Strombolian type, this is identified by the output of lava, steam and ash.” The volcano has been rattled by no less than four large explosions reports Volcano Discovery. Lookouts of the colossus said there was a fall of volcanic dust cam in communities Puela, Chonglontus and El Manzano, in Chimborazo. The cloudy nights have impeded direct observation of the giant crater. Serafin Medina, a resident of Palictahua said that since the late bellows have been emitted from the volcano, activity at the volcano has increased. “We listen to what they say the technicians of the Geophysical Institute.”
source(theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
And ETNA in Sicily right now...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thanks Arken I am on it.

They say something about the lava getting through snow.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Arken

They say something about the lava getting through snow.

Of course the lava is going to get through the snow.

Lava=very hot
Snow=very cold

Lava melts snow!
edit on 5-3-2012 by nolabel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Blast shakes restless volcano in remote Aleutian Islands Explosion likely shot ash into sky, which could affect air travel. By CASEY GROVE Anchorage Daily News Published: March 8th, 2012 11:38 PM Last Modified: March 8th, 2012 11:38 PM A restless Aleutian volcano exploded Wednesday night and may have blown off a slow-growing lava dome that was building for months in its summit crater, volcanologists say. Click to enlarge Story tools 9 Comments E-mail a friend Print Share on Facebook Digg this Seed Newsvine Send link via AIM Tweet this Font size : A | A | A Cleveland Volcano, 940 miles southwest of Anchorage, probably burped up a small amount of ash -- a potential hazard to trans-oceanic air travel -- but the ash did not appear to reach above 20,000 feet, said Steve McNutt, a researcher with the Alaska Volcano Observatory.

Because of its remoteness, harsh weather in the area and budget constraints, Cleveland Volcano does not have instruments on its flanks. As a result, scientists cannot listen to its inner rumblings. But distant seismometers and specialized microphones detected the explosion about 7 p.m.

Wednesday, according to the observatory. The explosion caused a displacement of air and an airwave traveled out from the volcano at the speed of sound, McNutt said. Instruments at volcanoes 60 and 90 miles away detected the explosion several minutes after it occurred, he said. Read more here: www.adn.com...=cpy
source(www.adn.com... estless-volcano.html

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Sakurajima volcano (Kyushu, Japan) activity update: increased numer and size of ash eruptions, reaching 1.2-3 km height above crater Thursday Mar 08, 2012 08:04 AM | Age: 24 hrs BY: T Sakurajima volcano appears to be at higher levels of activity, as the last week has seen an increased average number and size of eruptions.

According to the latest USGS / Smithsonian report "explosions during the past week "often" produced plumes that rose to altitudes of 1.2-3 km (4,000-10,000 ft) a.s.l. and drifted NW, E, and SE." Many obseervations of ash plumes originate of analysis of satellite data and dedicated Volcanic Ash Advisory Centers (VAAC) around the world monitor them and transmit real-time information about hazardous ash plumes to aircraft and air traffic control centers.

Such reports are often complemented by direct observations from pilots passing nearby. Ash plumes from Sakurajima were observed by pilots on 5 and 6 March, the latter drifting SE at an altitude of 2.4 km (8,000 ft) a.s.l.

Sakurajima volcano in southern Kyushu, Japan, is one of the few volcanoes in the world with near persistent activity and typically produces 1-2 strombolian to vulcanian-style explosions per day. All new
source(www.volcanodiscovery.com... s-reaching-1.html

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Now,I don't want to say things but...

If only that were true.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is a very strong eruption.

Kamchatka’s Bezymianny volcano erupts, expels ash cloud 8 km high Posted on March 9, 2012 March 9, 2012 – KAMCHATKA – Friday saw a new eruption of the Bezymianny volcano on the Kamchatka Peninsula in the Russian Far East.

Earlier in the day, the volcano spewed ash up to 8 kilometers high, seismologists said, adding that the eruption does not pose a threat to population centers in the area.

One of the most active volcanoes in the world, Bezymianny is located 350 kilometers northeast of the city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. During its most powerful eruption in 1956, the 2,800-meter volcano ejected about three cubic kilometers of volcanic debris in a very short time.
source(theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Now,I don't want to say things but...

If only that were true.
Very true but not out of the context.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

reply to post by wigit

I like volcanos.
Those who suffer because of volcano eruptions...and they are many

Or do you mean someone else is coming and they're blowing the volcanos to give us a sign they're coming?

Maybe a sudden movement of continents.

There is absolutely no science that backs up the sudden movements of continents.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop

reply to post by wigit

I like volcanos.
Those who suffer because of volcano eruptions...and they are many

Or do you mean someone else is coming and they're blowing the volcanos to give us a sign they're coming?

Maybe a sudden movement of continents.

There is absolutely no science that backs up the sudden movements of continents.

There is a theory though, it is called the hydroplate theory. This allowed the rapid movement of continents in a great cataclysm as they rode upon a bed of water. It is a biblical creationist theory. Just thought you'd find that interesting.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

There is a theory though, it is called the hydroplate theory. This allowed the rapid movement of continents in a great cataclysm as they rode upon a bed of water. It is a biblical creationist theory. Just thought you'd find that interesting.
Thank you is a very interesting theory ,yet the reality is that dozens of volcanoes have been awakened to life and nobody knows the real cause, if it can tell us something or not.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Ijen volcano (East Java, Indonesia): eruption warning due to increased seismic and degassing activity Monday Mar 12, 2012 15:45 PM | Age: 13 hrs BY: TOMPFEIFFER The official alert level for Ijen volcano in East Java, Indonesia, has been raised again to 3 ("alert") due to an increase in activity, our Indonesian correspondant Andi reports. A new 10 m wide gas vent, which erupted buring gasses, was observed on 10 March at 17 m distance from the shore. Thick steaming, larger than usual, forming a thick white column of sulfur steam 200 m high was already noted since 3 March. Measurements of the lake water temperature at 5 m depth had also shown increased values of 42.70 deg C. On 10 March, the lake surface was 2 meters higher than normal, although this could be attributed to heavy recent rain fall. Another sign of increased activity is that many leaves of trees and other plants around the crater have died recently, suggesting higher than normal SO2 levels.
source(www.volcanodiscovery.com... sing-activity.html

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is the latest and it's a violent eruption.

The volcano has already had over 300 eruptions this year.

Sakurajima, Japan (CBS) -- Sakurajima continued its second day of violent eruptions on Tuesday, spewing hot rocks and ash, but there was no major damage in the vicinity, the Japanese Meteorological Agency said. The agency said Monday's powerful eruption was the most forceful since 2009.

The volcano is located in the southern prefecture of Kagoshima. The Meteorological Agency added that the volcano has been erupting steadily for the last two years, but the eruption on Monday turned violent, throwing 50-centimetre (1 foot 6 inches) rocks nearly 1.2 miles away, the furthest since 2009. In response, the Meteorological agency extended the eruption warning to residents living further away from the mouth of the volcano.

The volcano has already had over 300 eruptions this year.
source(www.digtriad.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join