It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first visible sign that can not be denied.Dozens of Volcanoes around the world awakening.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by dyllels

I see what you are saying, but I'm interested in hearing why you think it would be a negative thing. Isn't a world-wide pressure release a good thing? You don't want that energy building up.
Please don't ask because,

everything happens for a reason but we never really know the real reason.

diamonsmith

Actually, nowadays we understand the reasons for why these things happen quite well.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions

reply to post by dyllels

I see what you are saying, but I'm interested in hearing why you think it would be a negative thing. Isn't a world-wide pressure release a good thing? You don't want that energy building up.
Please don't ask because,

everything happens for a reason but we never really know the real reason.

diamonsmith

Actually, nowadays we understand the reasons for why these things happen quite well.
I hope so because then they will stop.

Unbelievable but they really will.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Flavian

These volcanoes are all in varying stages of the alert process
"All" is the key word.I don't remember in the history when "All" were so active.

But is isn't all volcanoes, just all of those volcanoes that you listed. There are loads of volcanoes on the planet and there is volcanic activity somewhere pretty much every day. Most activity occurs undersea (where most volcanoes are). However, if every volcano on the land surface was currently active, that would be literally thousands of volcanoes, not just the few on the list you provided.

Honestly, do not worry yourself. It is quite interesting but certainly nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

No, they were not asleep. Volcanoes work on a geological time scale and really don't think about humans! They were simply waiting for further magma intrusions into the magma chamber.

Who knows what is around the corner? However, at present, there is nothing to worry about based on the data available. This may change in 5 mins, tomorrow or in 5 thousand years but at present, no drama.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Can you explain who is coming ? The volcanos?

Or do you mean someone else is coming and they're blowing the volcanos to give us a sign they're coming?

Lol, sorry. I'm just in a funny mood today plus I am a bit puzzled. I like volcanos.

LOL!!!! This was funny.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

But is isn't all volcanoes, just all of those volcanoes that you listed
Sorry, I listed just a small part of them.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

diamondsmith,
Thank you for this post! These are very obvious big signs all pulled together very nicey, well done. It is crazy to believe all these happening date so close together...Here We Go!
Thank you DiamondSmith for sharing this vital information, I will definately be passing this on!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Thank you DiamondSmith for sharing this vital information
Everything can be overcome.We must know how.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

These are very obvious big signs
We need to re-learn some things.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

This is not good information since these stats are from 1990......It would be interesting to see stats from 2000 to 2012.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
And I suppose this kind of volcanic activity/pattern has never occurred in the history of planet Earth?

If you can provide some hard data on seismic activity in the past, perhaps we can take a look at their active patterns?

It's not strange until we see discover something pattern breaking in my opinion.

Maybe like, hundreds of volcanoes that has not been active in the past .. couple thousand years, then all of a sudden all of them erupt simultaneously or something..

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's not out of the ordinary, if it's not out of the ordinary.... you know what I mean?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianBlueTrue

Here is the information that I pulled from NOAA

This is all volcanic eruptions of VEI 0 or greater from 1970 through 2011:

1970 1
1971 1
1972 2
1973 3
1974 6
1975 3
1976 3
1977 4
1978 3
1979 4
1980 2
1981 3
1982 4
1983 4
1984 2
1985 1
1986 4
1987 3
1988 3
1990 4
1991 5
1992 4
1993 5
1994 4
1996 4
1997 4
1999 3
2000 1
2001 2
2002 4
2003 1
2004 1
2005 1
2006 7
2007 2
2008 4
2009 2
2010 7
2011 9

I would have included the graph, but I haven't sorted out how to do that here yet. The trend is positive, over 1 STD. Now the question remains, are these truly significant, or does the trend represent more sensors in place globally? Not sure yet, but it is an interesting observation. Also, earthquakes of > mag 7.0 are tending upward as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

And I suppose this kind of volcanic activity/pattern has never occurred in the history of planet Earth?
Sure they did,but not in the recent history of humanity,I think.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

There was much more volcanic activity only a few centuries ago.
There is absolutely nothing unusual with the current acitivty.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
Where's the comparable control data for this time last year?
They didn't do it yet,but if you watch the volcanic activity for a period of time last year(s) as this year you can make an idea.

Which shows you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Volcanic activity if you look and long term trend is actually DOWN.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

The period of time is too short to not realize that something is happening.

Too many in a short period of time,in my opinion of course.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Volcanic activity if you look and long term trend is actually DOWN
No it is not,as proved.There are many examples and facts proving that.

as here

www.volcanolive.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
This is what experts say about a perceived increase in volcanic activity.

A look at the number of volcanoes active per year, over the last few centuries, shows a dramatic increase, but one that is closely related to increases in the world's human population and communication. We believe that this represents an increased reporting of eruptions, rather than increased frequency of global volcanism: more observers, in wider geographic distribution, with better communication, and broader publication. The past 200 years (see plot below) show this generally increasing trend along with some major "peaks and valleys" which suggest global pulsations. A closer look at the two largest valleys, however, shows that they coincide with the two World Wars, when people (including editors) were preoccupied with other things. Many more eruptions were probably witnessed during those times, but reports do not survive in the scientific literature.

If these apparent drops in global volcanism are caused by decreased human attention to volcanoes, then it is reasonable to expect that increased attention after major, newsworthy eruptions should result in higher-than-average numbers of volcanoes being reported in the historical literature. The 1902 disasters at Mont Pelee, St. Vincent, and Santa Maria (see 1902 arrow) were highly newsworthy events. They represent a genuine pulse in Caribbean volcanism, but we believe that the higher numbers in following years (and following Krakatau in 1883) result from increased human interest in volcanism. People reported events that they might not otherwise have reported and editors were more likely to print those reports.

Additional strong evidence that the historical increase in global volcanism is more apparent than real comes from the lower plot below. Here only the larger eruptions (generating at least 0.1 km3 of tephra, the fragmental products of explosive eruptions) are plotted. The effects of these larger events are often regional, and therefore less likely to escape documentation even in remote areas. The frequency of these events has remained impressively constant for more than a century, and contrasts strongly with the apparent increase of smaller eruptions with time.

I am curious to see these same charts past 1990, I would like to see 2008-2012 numbers and compare them, as I do not believe they began increasing until late 2008, and have been increasing steadily since then above and beyond population growth.

I may be wrong, but I am curious.

God Bless,

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

There is absolutely nothing unusual with the current acitivty.

And you know that how?
plus only the sith deal in absolutes

The evidence suggests there IS something unusual going on with volcanoes.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ok, got it now. Here is the graph of eruptions since 1970. The trend is up. Now if the trend is up due to increased observations resulting in more reported eruptions or if there really are more eruptions is subject to debate.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join