It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first visible sign that can not be denied.Dozens of Volcanoes around the world awakening.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Why is it worrying? These volcanoes are all in varying stages of the alert process. To put this in perspective, at any time there could be up to 27 volcanoes on alert in Indonesia alone. Volcanic activity on a living planet is perfectly normal behaviour.

Also please point me in the direction of the evidence for sudden continental shift? I am totally unaware of any evidence anywhere in the world in the rock strata. I am not saying the evidence doesn't exist but i am saying i am totally unaware of any evidence to support the theory.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
Where's the comparable control data for this time last year?
They didn't do it yet,but if you watch the volcanic activity for a period of time last year(s) as this year you can make an idea.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

These volcanoes are all in varying stages of the alert process
"All" is the key word.I don't remember in the history when "All" were so active.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by khimbar
Where's the comparable control data for this time last year?
They didn't do it yet,but if you watch the volcanic activity for a period of time last year(s) as this year you can make an idea.

So, volcanoes are active, as they are all the time, but we don't know if they're more or less active than before? In fact theres a 50/50 chance they're less active, from the given information you've presented?

Right. Better start panicking immediately then.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
So, OP...
What are you suggesting exactly?
It was my thought that volcanos had been blowing up for hundreds of years, maybe thousands, maybe millions, maybe even billions.
So what is so different now?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Taking the data from the hisz.rsoe.hu... site, from March 1, 2010 to March 1, 2011 there are 34 entries in Volcano Activity worldwide. From March 1, 2011 to March 1, 2012 there are 64 entries. So almost double increase. When I have time, I'll locate another source of information since I don't know anything about the OP's source data.

Cheers,
LetsGoViking

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousKid

Things are going to get very strange in the coming weeks.
Strange is a nice word, I'd rather say worrying.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LetsGoViking

Thanks. How did you get to the database, the drop down menu does nothing for me?

NVM found it.
edit on 1-3-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is what experts say about a perceived increase in volcanic activity.

A look at the number of volcanoes active per year, over the last few centuries, shows a dramatic increase, but one that is closely related to increases in the world's human population and communication. We believe that this represents an increased reporting of eruptions, rather than increased frequency of global volcanism: more observers, in wider geographic distribution, with better communication, and broader publication. The past 200 years (see plot below) show this generally increasing trend along with some major "peaks and valleys" which suggest global pulsations. A closer look at the two largest valleys, however, shows that they coincide with the two World Wars, when people (including editors) were preoccupied with other things. Many more eruptions were probably witnessed during those times, but reports do not survive in the scientific literature.

If these apparent drops in global volcanism are caused by decreased human attention to volcanoes, then it is reasonable to expect that increased attention after major, newsworthy eruptions should result in higher-than-average numbers of volcanoes being reported in the historical literature. The 1902 disasters at Mont Pelee, St. Vincent, and Santa Maria (see 1902 arrow) were highly newsworthy events. They represent a genuine pulse in Caribbean volcanism, but we believe that the higher numbers in following years (and following Krakatau in 1883) result from increased human interest in volcanism. People reported events that they might not otherwise have reported and editors were more likely to print those reports.

Additional strong evidence that the historical increase in global volcanism is more apparent than real comes from the lower plot below. Here only the larger eruptions (generating at least 0.1 km3 of tephra, the fragmental products of explosive eruptions) are plotted. The effects of these larger events are often regional, and therefore less likely to escape documentation even in remote areas. The frequency of these events has remained impressively constant for more than a century, and contrasts strongly with the apparent increase of smaller eruptions with time.

link   
ok...i have to call it...you remind me of dalke...same grammar, same kind of posts...is this dalke??? seriously??? i know dalke got banned for being rude and threatening a member of this site...you sound (read) just like him.

link   
reply to post by g146541

So what is so different now?
The number,period of time, intensity,and and global spread.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Here's my theory: as it's also been reported the magnetic north has been moving for a while now, and the pace in which it moves has been accelerating over the past few years. It's also been discussed that during magnetic pole reversals the molten core flow inside the planet becomes more erratic, which IMHO might increase the planet's internal pressure. Hence the volcanoes popping all over, and if my theory is correct it's only going to get worse, and yes, supervolcanoes will probably erupt as well.

My opinion is based upon hundreds of articles, google them if you must. This is what I think is going to happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

This is what experts say about a perceived increase in volcanic activity
Very interesting article,so they say is based on human attention and not on increasing volcanic activity.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Ok I can agree with that somewhat, umm what were the readings for this time of year 400 years ago?
See what I'm saying?
No story here just more of the same earth groans.
Plus, what could you do to save your life from your Mother??

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

Hence the volcanoes popping all over, and if my theory is correct it's only going to get worse, and yes, supervolcanoes will probably erupt
Problem is that one is enough to erupt for ecosystems to disturbances.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Is this not fear-mongering?

I appreciated the thread but upon digging a little deeper this kind of activity is very normal. In fact, as stated earlier in the thread the site reports volcanoes at varying stages. This means very little activity for most, if not all of those you've listed.

They are "active" volcanoes but they are not "about to blow." They simply don't fall under the dormant category due to various reasons.
edit on 1-3-2012 by SoulVisions because: grammar

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Ok I can agree with that somewhat, umm what were the readings for this time of year 400 years ago?
I think they have historical readings, but the data are scattered and probably somewhere there is a common database is not made ​​public.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

They simply don't fall under the dormant category due to fairly minor reasons.
But but until recently they were asleep.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Very hard to say, is a combination of phenomena and events and we may have not seen some of them yet.Maybe a massive continental drift coupled with other phenomena as magnetic poles reversal,who knows exactly..

I see what you are saying, but I'm interested in hearing why you think it would be a negative thing. Isn't a world-wide pressure release a good thing? You don't want that energy building up.
It seems to like the volcanic activity could be the result of a wandering magnetic pole, and not the other way around as you suggested?
Sorry, just trying to wrap my head around the sequence of events, so to speak.

To be honest, i'm kind of stuck right in between the scientific crowd and the ascension crowd with this one.
Crazy, but true

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dyllels

I see what you are saying, but I'm interested in hearing why you think it would be a negative thing. Isn't a world-wide pressure release a good thing? You don't want that energy building up.
Please don't ask because,

everything happens for a reason but we never really know the real reason.

diamonsmith

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join