It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No. Jesus cannot be President of the United States of America. Right "Birthers"?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Why would he want to rule one country when he has the entire universe? Everything is his inheritance, he already rules, most people just aren't hip to that fact yet. Thats the whole point of him being the Messiah, he is the King of all.
edit on 1-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Im failing to see what this has to do with anything?

And im sure anyone with half a brain would say "Yes jesus cant be president"

Seems more like political trolling to me....

Im failing to see what jesus has to do with the presidency

I can see the point of this thread.

He's basically saying that in their drive to make someone they aren't satisfied with step down from office, the people of America have pounded a law that would prevent even someone who is perfectly (in the religious sense) eligible or desired for office, from taking up the Presidency.

Essentially, OP was simply pondering the matter and realized with all the hubbub that's going on with Obama and the "birthers", the Messiah wouldn't be allowed either, not matter how much they wanted it. They've shot themselves in the foot if Christ comes back.

A malicious reflection upon the unthinking and obnoxious ways of the American people, if you will.

s&f for the laugh, Op.

edit on CThursdayam303049f49America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattNC
I'm a Christian.

Per the Constitution, Jesus would not qualify to be President.

The originator of this threads lacks creativity.

My shoes are white and blue.

Dogs like to run.

Close. It's five syllables on the first line, seven on the second, and then five more on the third. Or were you trying to carve out a limerick instead?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by MattNC
I'm a Christian.

Per the Constitution, Jesus would not qualify to be President.

The originator of this threads lacks creativity.

My shoes are white and blue.

Dogs like to run.

Close. It's five syllables on the first line, seven on the second, and then five more on the third. Or were you trying to carve out a limerick instead?

None of this qualifies to be poetry. Whatever you were aiming for, it failed abominably.

Jesus for President!

Hey...at least he can bring our dead troops back to life, heal AIDS, shove those bribing politicians into a very deep hole, and teach everyone to love instead of fighting...he would end all of these f*****g wars.

edit on CThursdayam595929f29America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Greetings ILikeStars

Just a few questions for you. You wrote:

so long as he/she/it can help make the quality of life better for the greater majority.

May I ask, then what of those who are not in that greater majority? What if the benefit of the greater majority is at the expense of a minority? Should it not be a presidents job to create conditions that can benefit everyone at nobodies expense? Every action government makes to benefit one person creates a consequence for somebody else. This must bother you right? Shouldn't the government have a more hands off approach so as to not negatively affect anybody with unintended consequences?

It is not as if government takes from the rich and gives to the poor exclusively. The government takes from everybody and gives it to who they decide gets it. How do you justify the government taxing poor people and giving the money to rich people? They do this as well. Shouldn't the government not be playing favorites?

Sorry Jesus, you cannot be President.

I didn't realize he was in the race? This thread of yours seems to just be an attack on the religious right. How does you attacking them make you any better then them? I don't like how some people like to legislate their religious beliefs but arrogantly making fun of them while trying to appear more intelligent is a but ironic, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
The majority of Americans call themselves Christians.

However:

Can Jesus be president?

I've been following some of these "Birther" threads (yes, even in the [HOAX] forum), and just thought I would share this ironic twist of malicious logic here in the US Political Madness forum.

No, I'm not a "birther". To be totally honest I could care less if the President is from the Andromeda Galaxy, so long as he/she/it can help make the quality of life better for the greater majority.

If he's NOT US born...he and many of his administration are LIARS....I don't particularly think that is a "quality" of someone I would want for POTUS...

I despise liars more than almost any other type of person. So for me that is the biggest issue. If it comes out tomorrow that he wasn't US born I wouldn't wan't him out of office so much because "he wasn’t US born" as much as because he and the people he surrounds himself with are liars and have been lying to people to their face.

The notion one would have the audacity to try and attempt something like take the POTUS based on lies is what I think anyone would have a serious issue with. If Obama came out and said

"hey im not legal US born and technically don't qualify, but I love this country and here is what I would do..."

If he got elected under those circumstances of TRUTH...I wouldn't be bothered one bit, because he would have been elected under the truth instead of outright lies.

Keep in mind this all only matters on two bases:

A) That Obama is NOT US born...
B) That the "electoral" process isn't just fictiscous ritual appeasement of the masses

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Close enough to make me chuckle and give him a star.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Jesus could not be POTUS because:

He would not support torture.

He would not invade other countries.

He would recognize the Federal Reserve as the modern day money changers. They would be gone.

He would not have US citizens and foreign nationals assasinated.

He would help the poor and middle class, and let the bankers fend for themselves.

He would not make possesion of a plant a jailable offense.

He would not cheat on his wife.

He would not lie to the American people.

He would not be a multi-millionaire.

Etc., etc., etc.

His place of birth would be way down on the list as to why He couldn't be POTUS.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
if fictional characters from other countries can run for president of the united states...im voting for doctor who.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Shoot, I know exactly where you are going with this.
"They" are going to play dumb, but the obvious hypocrisy
by Christians and how they actually treat others isn't lost on me.
Good job as usual Ilikestars.

Hmm. Now who would Jesus vote for in this election?
Don't lie to yourselves christians, you know who it is.
*Social safety nets are apparently important for this Jesus guy.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Sorry my religious views are between me and my maker not what some poster on here tells me it is besides God, Jesus are neither right or left.

Both are smarter than that and said to hell with American poltiics 2000 years ago oops my bad America came 1800 years later.

God is confined to the boundries of time?

Not sure if capitalism (G.O.D.) is not trying to negotiate ways to control time or aspects of it.

Is capitalism G.O.D.? (Government Of Dollars)?

Just a few thoughts I opted to share.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

I'd strongly consider voting for Doctor Who, too.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Thank you so much for that post and those words. I took a pounding last night after posting this thread, I'm glad some people get it that I wasn't trying to piss anyone off, just point out some fundamental flaws in logic.

A dear friend of mine buys into this birther stuff and he spends every Sunday in front of the congregation preaching at church. We were discussing this issue when I stumped him with this question, which is why I thought it would be worthy enough a subject to share on ATS.

Some people obviously found the subject matter a bit offensive and disconcerting. My intention was not one of malicious intent, or trolling. But some people believe otherwise, and they are entitled to that opinion.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
May I ask, then what of those who are not in that greater majority? What if the benefit of the greater majority is at the expense of a minority?

Why ask "what if"? The benefit of the minority is already at the expense of the majority. The United States of America accounts for 4.67% of the total population of the planet (minority), yet the US owns more than 25% of the total globe's net worth. Source

www.zerohedge.com...

en.wikipedia.org...:Wdpiechartppp2000.gif

Should it not be a presidents job to create conditions that can benefit everyone at nobodies expense?

Those conditions already exist, but it would seem the human experience is not engineered in a way that makes it easily noticeable to them. But, no, I don't think it is in the president's job description, nor should it be. I'm a proponent of personal responsibilty while maintaining a system of nurturing help for those who may be less fortunate. I also personally believe those who are less fortunate may be making choices that make things more difficult than they have to be. Again, this is only my personal belief, though.

Every action government makes to benefit one person creates a consequence for somebody else.

Sure would be nice if it were possible for people to live long enough to learn all the laws and manditory expectations, wouldn't it? How many laws are there? Google doesn't even know. Solution about having more laws than anyone can learn in a lifetime? Vote for more lawmakers to make even more laws. Seems logical to some, obviously. Too bad society's manditory expectations (laws) are not required learning in schools.

This must bother you right? Shouldn't the government have a more hands off approach so as to not negatively affect anybody with unintended consequences?

Interesting wording that I really like: "unintended consequences". nice sageofmonticello

It is not as if government takes from the rich and gives to the poor exclusively.
The government takes from everybody and gives it to who they decide gets it. How do you justify the government taxing poor people and giving the money to rich people? They do this as well. Shouldn't the government not be playing favorites?

Preacing to the choir brother. In the state of Illinois we get less than 75 cents back in federal assistance for every dollar we pay in taxes. So: 1/4 of our taxes are going somewhere else. In contrast some of the richer states where the senators and legislators live get $6 or $7 dollars in federal assistance for every $1 they pay in federal taxes. If you don't want to google those figures for yourself let me know, I'm sure I can find the reference where I got those figures from. Either wikipedia or the IRS page probably have them. But my time is budgetted today.

Sorry Jesus, you cannot be President.

I didn't realize he was in the race? This thread of yours seems to just be an attack on the religious right. How does you attacking them make you any better then them?

*than them. -- No, not an attack on the religious right, rather an observation in what I construde as flawed or opposing logic created by some of the "religious rights" minds.

I don't like how some people like to legislate their religious beliefs but arrogantly making fun of them while trying to appear more intelligent is a but ironic, don't you think?

There is plenty I am ignorant of. You can find an example of my ignorance on page 2 or 3, maybe 4 of this thread with and exchange I was having with the member BehindTheMask late last night. I was corrected. I learned something. I accepted that my arguement on an issue was based upon my own misinterpretation of the facts, and I owed up to being wrong publicly here in this thread. I wouldn't consider myself arrogant. I wasn't making fun of anyone, but was interjecting (or attempting to) humor into this thread.
edit on 1-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: typing too fast. had to correct bb code for link.

edit on 1-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: same ^

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

& [color=ADD8E6]★

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Im failing to see what this has to do with anything?

And im sure anyone with half a brain would say "Yes jesus cant be president"

Seems more like political trolling to me....

Im failing to see what jesus has to do with the presidency

I can see the point of this thread.

He's basically saying that in their drive to make someone they aren't satisfied with step down from office, the people of America have pounded a law that would prevent even someone who is perfectly (in the religious sense) eligible or desired for office, from taking up the Presidency.

Essentially, OP was simply pondering the matter and realized with all the hubbub that's going on with Obama and the "birthers", the Messiah wouldn't be allowed either, not matter how much they wanted it. They've shot themselves in the foot if Christ comes back.

A malicious reflection upon the unthinking and obnoxious ways of the American people, if you will.

s&f for the laugh, Op.

edit on CThursdayam303049f49America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the clarification.....

And for the record Id ont mean to come off as an A*hole ....
Im generally sarcastic by nature and sometimes it comes off wrong so my apologies to the OP and others who thought i was a little harsh......

I guess i can see from the standpoint, where someone might ask this question.....

I dont quite understand the thought process behind it, but I get the general concept they are driving at

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You my friend are making a stupid analogy.
Jesus is the leader of the hearts of Christians. Obama is an illegal alien, oops I mean an undocumented worker.
I really have nothing against Obama except his political views are ascued.
One day you will wish Jesus was your leader. I pray that day will come soon.
LOVE YA, PEACE

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Jesus is not coming back to be President of the US. Really??? He is coming back to judge the world and then set up the kingdom of GOD.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

If God is creator and owner of all, and Jesus is the soul/sole inheritor of what the Father owns then it is not up to the steward of the property to decide who rules once the rightful owner is present; neither is the owner bound by the laws of his servants.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69

Jesus is not coming back to be President of the US. Really??? He is coming back to judge the world and then set up the kingdom of GOD.

(speculative, not necessarily a view I hold):

Kingdom of Capitalism?

Capitalism = GOD?

Government Of Dollars? G.O.D. ? GOD? *I dunno what the POTUS, CIA, DEA, ATF, FBI, USAF, USMC ... or all other acronyms might think of this, but perhaps .... ??? (rhetorical, no I don't expect a response about this particular post)

edit on 1-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: *

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join