No. Jesus cannot be President of the United States of America. Right "Birthers"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Im sorry..........were there republicans and democrats back in those times?

If i remember correctly the US didnt exist...........but hey what do i know......

Yes ManBehindTheMask. Republicans and Democrats did exist back in those times. Republics existed more than 300 years before Christ. Democracy existed more than 500 years before Christ.

The concept of the "republic" itself was not a meaningful concept in the classical world.[17] There are a number of states of the classical era that are today called republics by convention. These include the city states of ancient Greece such as Athens and Sparta[18] and the Roman Republic. ...[snip].... Aristotle's Politics discusses various forms of government. One form Aristotle named politeia, which consisted of a mixture of the other forms. He argued that this was one of the ideal forms of government. Polybius expanded on many of these ideas, again focusing on the idea of mixed government. The most important Roman work in this tradition is Cicero's De re publica.

Over time, the classical republics were either conquered by empires or became one themselves. Most of the Greek republics were annexed to the Macedonian Empire of Alexander.
en.wikipedia.org...

Democracy existed more than 500 years before Christ:

The term comes from the Greek word δημοκρατία (dēmokratía) "rule of the people",[1] which was coined from δῆμος (dēmos) "people" and κράτος (kratos) "power", in the middle of the 5th-4th century BC to denote the political systems then existing in some Greek city-states, notably Athens following a popular uprising in 508 BC.
en.wikipedia.org...

History FAIL

There is a difference between a Democracy and a republic......

And Republicans and Democrats...........which are party affiliations

For crying out loud......if youre gonna start in at least know what you are talking about......

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Im sorry........

I don't believe you.

So youre just not going to address the rest of my post?

Why waste the time to reply if youre just going to obfuscate or ignore the meat of the posts?

Because it took time to do your research for you and find some references.

You are welcome for my time and the history lesson.

Again try harder next time, the above research is hilarious in context to this thread

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Stereotyping is basically the same as most every other prejudice. Some people dislike millions of strangers because of skin color, others because of religion. It's an old story.

It's a trolling thread based on anti-religious prejudices and also designed to pick fights along political lines.

What the hell are you reading?

Do you seriously not see the conflicting logic between a nation whose majority of people identify themselves as Christians, but make laws that would prevent him from being their highest leader and Commander in Chief?

That is what this thread is about. Diametrically opposed ideologies/standards within the minds of these individuals who identify themselves as Christian, but make it a law that he could not be their leader because of where he was born?

This concept totally elludes you, doesn't it? Instead I am "Stereotyping" and I somehow "dislike millions of strangers", "trolling", "thread based on anti-religious prejudices" ....

So in your view, I, a person who was a firefighter in the usaf for well over a decade and working 24 hour shifts every other day for 12 friggin years prepared to die trying to save any stranger no matter who they were, am somehow capable of "disliking millions of strangers"?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

So in your view, I, a person who was a firefighter in the usaf for well over a decade and working 24 hour shifts every other day for 12 friggin years prepared to die trying to save any stranger no matter who they were, am somehow capable of "disliking millions of strangers"?

Hey, you hung yourself out here like some flame troll, insulting complete strangers based on their personal faiths, not me.

Beyond that, I don't really care what you do or what you believe... I was only pointing out your behavior here. And having done that, I am going to turn this machine off and hit the sack... if you don't mind, that is

G'night
edit on 29-2-2012 by redoubt because: edit

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

History FAIL

There is a difference between a Democracy and a republic......

And Republicans and Democrats...........which are party affiliations

Thanks for the clarification and helping me learn something new. And you were so gentle, too.

Hugs & kisses ManBehindTheMask.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Hey, you hung yourself out here like some flame troll, insulting complete strangers based on their personal faiths, not me.

How did I do that and where?

Edit to add:

Ooops, missed ya. Goodnight.

Maybe I'll be off to bed soon, too.
edit on 29-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
He's a king, why would he want to lower himself to the position of president?

Besides, as soon as he started talking about peace and love or brought up the golden rule Republicans would boo him, he would have to run as an Independent and that is really difficult in today's society. To be honest, I don't think Jesus would even win an election in America.
edit on 29-2-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I didn't start this thread with the intentions of pissing anyone off. Just wanted to point out the contrasting beliefs of a specific demographic.

Most Americans are Christians by their own admission.

Yet Americans made laws that would prevent Christ from being their leader.

The above two truisms are true.

Aren't they?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I didn't start this thread with the intentions of pissing anyone off. Just wanted to point out the contrasting beliefs of a specific demographic.

Most Americans are Christians by their own admission.

Yet Americans made laws that would prevent Christ from being their leader.

The above two truisms are true.

Aren't they?

I understand what you are trying to say..........

But MY opinion is the point you were making doesnt apply.....

Just because someone is a christianor has a particular faith doesnt mean that they are hypocrites because their chosen deity couldnt be elected because of imposed government regulations......

There just doesnt seem to be a direct correlation there in my mind.........

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I have a rule here on ATS. If someone corrects me where I've made a mistake, or taught me something new, I give them a star.

I gave you a star for that post and the one above it.

But in all honesty it felt like this:

Now in my head I think ManBehindTheMask looks like this:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A leader and a public servant are two different things.

We elect public servants. From dog catchers to presidents, they work for us.

If Jesus came back, he'd be a spiritual leader. We would worship him.

You assume that we should worship presidents.

You assume wrong.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Sad thread mocking Jesus and people who believe in Him and calling such an ignorant comparison foolish hypocrisy. Go throw your stones elsewhere, dude.

Your so funny. You should of mentioned separation of Church and State and joked about that, too.

Not being able to elect our own God, what a hoot.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Remember when Arnold Schwarzenegger became governor of California, the Republicans had high hopes, there were even murmurs about amending the constitution so he could be president someday?

Well I think if the Jesus on the right came back, they'd do whatever it took to get him in there. The Jesus on the left wouldn't have a chance.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Wow, you have no clue about Jesus.
I hope you get to know Him someday.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by jlv70

Wow, you have no clue about Jesus.
I hope you get to know Him someday.

His point wasn't about Jesus, it was about Christians...

And to some degree, he is right.
edit on 1-3-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

All that money my parents wasted on Catholic school, what a shame.

The cartoon is obviously lampooning the real teachings of Jesus compared to contemporary people.

People who say they're Christians while they cheer lead for war, advocate economic policies that are disastrous for working and poor people, all while walking around judging the "morality" and " sins" of others.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Perhaps if I simplified the problem I see:

I do not understand how a person can be a Christian and a "Birther" at the same time.

Can there be a "Christian birther"? A person who believes they are a Christian, but also will not accept Christ as their leader, and also supports laws that prohibit Jesus from being their leader?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Perhaps if I simplified the problem I see:

I do not understand how a person can be a Christian and a "Birther" at the same time.

Can there be a "Christian birther"? A person who believes they are a Christian, but also will not accept Christ as their leader, and also supports laws that prohibit Jesus from being their leader?

I explained my premise.

And your riposte'?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

..Jesus can't be President. Not because he's not a natural born citizen .. but because he's been dead for some 2000ish years.

I'm really confused on the point of the thread. Religion plays an important role in voting for some people.. most specifically the Evangelical base.. but aside from that, I'd say most people don't care.

Did I mention I don't get your thread?

(Assuming Jesus was alive today no .. he could not be the President because he'd be a Palestinian.
)

Your argument is highly illogical...
edit on 3/1/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Sad thread mocking Jesus and people who believe in Him and calling such an ignorant comparison foolish hypocrisy. Go throw your stones elsewhere, dude.

Can a person who calls themselves a Christian and who also believes in the "birther" stuff be a "Christian birther"? Both a Christian and a birther at the same time?

Can you please quote me where I said the words "ignorant", "foolish" in any post in this thread or the opening post you misquoting liar?

I wasn't mocking Jesus.
edit on 1-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join