It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No. Jesus cannot be President of the United States of America. Right "Birthers"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Your thread fails on so many levels I will not even attempt to discuss it.

In case you are wondering how you ended up on my rivals list.....

Congrats.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I only read this thread because I thought you were going to somehow connect obama with a resurrected christ somehow..damn hope i didnt just start something. although if obama was jesus it would be hilarious if jesus rode in a car called "the beast".

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

I'm glad you can appreciate the point of the thread. I'm not trolling, just adding perspective and what I think is relevant social commentary about "Political Madness".

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thought the OBama connection was obvious all his followers think he can walk on water and turn bread into wine.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Jesus can not be president for 2 reasons :

1 hes dead and most liberals say never existed but never seem to say allah doesnt exist

Jesus can not be president because most liberals never seem to say Allah does not exist?

And I take it you believe Jesus is/was a right wing conservative Republican?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I'm not trolling, just adding perspective and what I think is relevant social commentary about "Political Madness".

LOL! This thread is nothing but a deep water troll... dredging for people who will be offended by your insults on Christianity and perhaps even better if they are not Obama fans.

I dunno why ATS lets stuff like this go... but it's their dime to waste.

- PS
Miley was right...

Have a nice day

edit on 29-2-2012 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Thought the OBama connection was obvious all his followers think he can walk on water and turn bread into wine.

And he's even black like Jesus, too!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Sorry my religious views are between me and my maker not what some poster on here tells me it is besides God, Jesus are neither right or left.

Both are smarter than that and said to hell with American poltiics 2000 years ago oops my bad America came 1800 years later.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

I'm not trolling, just adding perspective and what I think is relevant social commentary about "Political Madness".

LOL! This thread is nothing but a deep water troll... dredging for people who will be offended by your insults on Christianity and perhaps even better if they are not Obama fans.

I dunno why ATS lets stuff like this go... but it's their dime to waste.

- PS
Miley was right...

Have a nice day

edit on 29-2-2012 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

Seems like a legit play to me...

US Political Madness: This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the state of divisive politics in the US including political ideology, politicians, political figures, politics in the media, and speculation of conspiracy theories related to the divisive state. Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny. Because of the inherent distrust of government by conspiracy theorists, discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to be highly critical of the current administration.

edit on 29-2-2012 by cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Just because people are religious or want a certain attribute in who they nominate.......

Doesnt mean they disregard the electoral process for a "hypothetical" scenario to elect someone that many claim may not have ever existed......

And last i checked..........he wasnt running for POTUS

p.s. I like Conan the Barbarian but he wasnt born in the US either.............i guess i wont be voting for him
edit on 29-2-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Jesus can not be president for 2 reasons :

1 hes dead and most liberals say never existed but never seem to say allah doesnt exist

Jesus can not be president because most liberals never seem to say Allah does not exist?

And I take it you believe Jesus is/was a right wing conservative Republican?

Im sorry..........were there republicans and democrats back in those times?

If i remember correctly the US didnt exist...........but hey what do i know......

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Worst thread I have seen in a long time here.

Obvious baiting on the highest degree.

I have alerted this thread and others should do the same.

Deny Ignorance

How is it baiting? Are you implying that only birthers can be a follower of Jesus? If it's baiting anybody, it's baiting the small demographic of Americans who are trying to get Jesus into the White House.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

How, specifically, is the topic of this thread trolling?

Allow me to clarify:

This thread is about the irony and hypocrisy of a group of people in a democracy calling themselves Christians but making it law that Jesus cannot be their leader.

If this is subject matter is easier for you to label the work of a political or religious troll rather than process, internalize what it is about, and provide some measure of cognitive rhetoric that is on topic rather than avoid the subject matter altogether and attempt to attack me, label me, or contribute posts like what you did above which provides absolutely no intellectual nurishment whatsoever, then why bother posting anything at all?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Im sorry........

I don't believe you.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

funny.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

This thread is about the irony and hypocrisy of a group of people in a democracy calling themselves Christians but making it law that Jesus cannot be their leader.

Stereotyping. You take a large group and negatively label them all with nothing to back it up. There are literally hundreds of millions of Christians in this nation. Unless you are a door to door salesman, chances are slim you actually know more than a small, small fraction.

Stereotyping is basically the same as most every other prejudice. Some people dislike millions of strangers because of skin color, others because of religion. It's an old story.

It's a trolling thread based on anti-religious prejudices and also designed to pick fights along political lines.

Like I said, I don't know why ATS doesn't deny this kind of ignorance but... it is their website.

Cheers

edit on 29-2-2012 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Im sorry........

I don't believe you.

So youre just not going to address the rest of my post?

Why waste the time to reply if youre just going to obfuscate or ignore the meat of the posts?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Im sorry..........were there republicans and democrats back in those times?

If i remember correctly the US didnt exist...........but hey what do i know......

Yes ManBehindTheMask. Republicans and Democrats did exist back in those times. Republics existed more than 300 years before Christ. Democracy existed more than 500 years before Christ.

The concept of the "republic" itself was not a meaningful concept in the classical world.[17] There are a number of states of the classical era that are today called republics by convention. These include the city states of ancient Greece such as Athens and Sparta[18] and the Roman Republic. ...[snip].... Aristotle's Politics discusses various forms of government. One form Aristotle named politeia, which consisted of a mixture of the other forms. He argued that this was one of the ideal forms of government. Polybius expanded on many of these ideas, again focusing on the idea of mixed government. The most important Roman work in this tradition is Cicero's De re publica.

Over time, the classical republics were either conquered by empires or became one themselves. Most of the Greek republics were annexed to the Macedonian Empire of Alexander.
en.wikipedia.org...

Democracy existed more than 500 years before Christ:

The term comes from the Greek word δημοκρατία (dēmokratía) "rule of the people",[1] which was coined from δῆμος (dēmos) "people" and κράτος (kratos) "power", in the middle of the 5th-4th century BC to denote the political systems then existing in some Greek city-states, notably Athens following a popular uprising in 508 BC.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Im sorry........

I don't believe you.

So youre just not going to address the rest of my post?

Why waste the time to reply if youre just going to obfuscate or ignore the meat of the posts?

Because it took time to do your research for you and find some references.

You are welcome for my time and the history lesson.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join