It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No. Jesus cannot be President of the United States of America. Right "Birthers"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The majority of Americans call themselves Christians.

However:

Can Jesus be president?

I've been following some of these "Birther" threads (yes, even in the [HOAX] forum), and just thought I would share this ironic twist of malicious logic here in the US Political Madness forum.

No, I'm not a "birther". To be totally honest I could care less if the President is from the Andromeda Galaxy, so long as he/she/it can help make the quality of life better for the greater majority.

Besides:

Natural-born-citizen clause of the U.S. Constitution

This requirement was an attempt to allay concerns that foreign aristocrats might immigrate to the new nation and use their wealth and influence to impose a monarchy.
en.wikipedia.org...

Above is the reason for the "natural born citizen clause of the U.S. Constitution" which is what the entire birther arguement is based upon.

Yet, with evidence that 42 of the 43 previous presidents were direct descendants of one King (John Lackland) (foreign aristocrats), and all were related to foreign royalty and nobility, where was the "birther" movement outcry then?

At any rate, as the rules stand as I understand them: Sorry Jesus, you cannot be President.

EDIT TO ADD:
This thread is about the irony and hypocrisy of a group of people in a democracy calling themselve Christians but making it law that Jesus cannot be their leader.
edit on 29-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Im failing to see what this has to do with anything?

And im sure anyone with half a brain would say "Yes jesus cant be president"

Seems more like political trolling to me....

Im failing to see what jesus has to do with the presidency

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Your thread fails on so many levels I will not even attempt to discuss it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Jesus is dead.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I'd beg to differ the importance and religions relationship with/in America's political arena. You yourself and those who give that post may feel there is no importance or believe it relevent, yet the majority of Americans report that religion plays a "very important" role in their lives, which I interpret to also mean it plays a role in who they will vote for. Hence it's relevence in the "Political Madness" forum due to the malicious and diametricly opposed logic.

But, this was not the point I was trying to make. Most "birthers" would consider themselves Christians, yet according to the standards they practice Jesus could not be their President/Leader.

A majority of Americans report that religion plays a "very important" role in their lives

The U.S. Census does not ask about religion. Various groups have conducted surveys to determine approximate percentages of those affiliated with each religious group. Some surveys ask people to self-identify, while others calculate church memberships. The first table below represents the ranges that have been found.
Christianity: (59.9%[13] to 76.0%[4])
Unaffiliated, including atheist or agnostic (15.0%[4] to 37.3%[13])
Judaism (1.2%[4] to 2.2%[13])
Islam (0.6%[4][5][6][13])
Buddhism (0.5%[4] to 0.9%[14])
Hinduism (0.4%)
Other (1.2% to 1.4%)
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Jesus is from Mexico, so he cant be president anyway.
edit on 29-2-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

Jesus is a zombie.

WWJD? He left, that is what he would do.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Thank you so very much for that creative in depth analysis and participation in this conversation.

Personally I'm not a proponent of the fine arts of floccinaucinihilipipification, but the bombastic hokum you bring to this thread has certainly made my IQ rise.

Much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

You're right. I have visual evidence to support this.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This thread is about:

1) Jesus
2) "Birthers"
3) Obama
4) Birth Certificates
5) A guy named John Lackland who was REALLY good with the ladies.

???????

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I would say that due to Immaculate Conception, Jesus was NOT natural born, therefore he could not be president.
However, he could be Governor of California.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I see what point your trying to make , and yes if the world didn't suffer from double standards , then no jesus couldn't be president .

But just like the 18 amendment , when we want change , well go in and rip it out . lol . It has its pros and cons.

So if jesus came back today , and said hey look , raining fish , then said lemme fix country and run for president , im sure majority would be like w/e , rules what . lol its jesus ! and let the man in .

So he can be president , because we will just go in , and edit this , change that to suit our enviroment of the time. so regardless of the law , when we want something really bad , its game.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The majority of Americans call themselves Christians. However: Can Jesus be president?

No, nor would I wish Him to be.

By the same token, I won't be bowing to pray to Obama, either.

Everything to its own place...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Thank you kaylaluv for the chuckle. The member who said Jesus was dead gave me a laugh, too.

reply to post by PaxVeritas

This thread is about the irony and hypocrisy of a group of people in a democracy calling themselve Christians but making it law that Jesus cannot be their leader.

reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

reply to post by mileysubet

Why don't you two piss off and go try to crash someone else's thread.

edit on 29-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: To be nicer.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I am indirectly related to the Stuart Dynasty of British Kings. And I am just a middle class yat schlub. Most people of European ancestry can find some line that links to aristocracy. It is fairly easy. So your argument pretty much fails. There is no vast conspiracy linking American Presidents to aristocracy. Not even the ones that are alien lizard kings.

Of course there were bloodline connections between the bourgeois planter/merchant class and European aristocracy. In the 16th and 17th century, the rising merchant class was becoming wealthy while the nobility was going broke. Naturally, both saw benefit from intermarrying on occasion. This in no way has anything to do with American politics. Families, of both classes, had lots of children and the money was usually spread thin and sometimes flat out lost. The blood relations remain, though. Everything connects somewhere. Given enough resources you can find the connections between just about any 2 people in the world (and that would be a definite if they come from the same continent)

Not sure what the Jesus thing has to do with anything. He was not natural born American, so obviously not.

Not sure about the Obama birth certificate thing. Don't think it would make a difference even if proven without a doubt. He and his predecessor have already proven that the Constitution is none of their concern.

But, insomuch that it is followed, I thank God (whichever flavor of him/her/it/or lackof you prefer) that the Presidency is limited to citizens born here. It's really kind of a no-brainer IMO.

Globalization is slavery.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Jesus is from Mexico, so he cant be president anyway.
edit on 29-2-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

But he cuts grass like the king of kings!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Great thread and great point. Trolling or not, a perspective check is a perspective check and never harmful to those with even the most rudimentary of social skills.

ps - Jesus would also be labeled a terrorist for hoarding food, alcohol, and preaching anti-capitalistic propaganda.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to share some knowledge. Much appreciated. I always enjoy learning something new. [color=ADD8E6] ★
edit on 29-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Jesus can not be president for 2 reasons :

1 hes dead and most liberals say never existed but never seem to say allah doesnt exist
2 he wasn't born in America.

No wait never mind being natural born citizen doesn't seem to make a difference.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Im failing to see what this has to do with anything?

And im sure anyone with half a brain would say "Yes jesus cant be president"

Seems more like political trolling to me....

Im failing to see what jesus has to do with the presidency

True. True. If Jesus came back, I doubt if anyone would have the stones to go up and ask him "Can I see your birth certificate?"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join