It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Politician Resigns After Saying Israel 'Will Not Go On Forever'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

UK Politician Resigns After Saying Israel 'Will Not Go On Forever'

www.businessinsider.com

"It will not go on for ever, it will not go on for ever. Israel will lose support and then they will reap what they have sown."

These words, spoken by a member of the UK's House of Lords, have sparked a huge amount of controversy in the UK.

The Guardian reports that Baroness Jenny Tonge, a Liberal Democrat peer, was filmed making the remarks during a student panel last week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This lady should have known better than to speak badly of Israel because not many people ever get away with it unscathed.

This lady speaks the truth, she even goes on to say:

"One day, the United States of America will get sick of giving £70 billion [$112 billion] a year to Israel to support what I call America's aircraft carrier in the Middle East – that is Israel. One day, the American people are going to say to the Israel lobby in the USA: enough is enough."

I wish more politicians had the courage to speak out against Israel even though it's certainly career suicide, so I respect her for this.

The best they can come up with is to call her an Anti-Semite.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
She's right............ screw Israel
line 2

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
line 2

2nd that.

EDIT: It's not like I want to see Israel's destruction, I just don't want my country giving them money, especially in these times.

If individuals want to donate to them, fine, but not my tax dollars.
edit on 29-2-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by rigel4
line 2

2nd that.

3rd

and

4th it too.

It's too bad that anyone who decides to speak out against Israel is "forced to resign".

We can criticize all the other countries and still be politically correct though...
edit on 29-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

If you're in position of power or influence watch what you say about Israel because you may have to resign shortly after. This reminds me of Helen Thomas and her remarks regarding Israel and her later resignation

en.wikipedia.org...

Resignation following comments on Israel and Jews

Thomas retired in June 2010, following negative reaction to comments she had made about Israel, Jews, and Palestine during a brief interview with Rabbi David Nesenoff of RabbiLive.com.[1][42][43][44][45][46] Nesenoff was on the White House grounds for an American Jewish Heritage Celebration Day, and he questioned Thomas as she was leaving the White House via the North Lawn driveway:[45][47][48][49]

Nesenoff: Any comments on Israel? We're asking everybody today, any comments on Israel?

Thomas: Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine.

Nesenoff: Ooh. Any better comments on Israel?

Thomas: Hahaha. Remember, these people are occupied and it's their land. It's not German, it's not Poland...

Nesenoff: So where should they go, what should they do?

Thomas: They can go home.

Nesenoff: Where's the home?

Thomas: Poland, Germany...

Nesenoff: So you're saying the Jews go back to Poland and Germany?

Thomas: And America and everywhere else. Why push people out of there who have lived there for centuries? See?

Nesenoff: Are you familiar with the history of that region?

Thomas: Very much. I'm of Arab background.

Nesenoff: I see. Do you speak Arabic?
Thomas: Very little. We were too busy Americanizing our parents... All the best to you.[50]
—May 27, 2010, RabbiLive.com [45]

Did she not realize she was being interviewed by a Rabbi?

It is true though, if anyone has anything negative to say about Israel they most likely will be chastised for it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yes, Helen still had some fight in her until the Zionists managed to have her change her mind.

edit on 29-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

"It will not go on for ever, it will not go on for ever. Israel will lose support and then they will reap what they have sown."

You wish.

Israel's disgusting government, like all disgusting governments, at some point, will get what they deserve...

The good Israeli people will make sure to take care of their own government.

There's nothing controversial about what she said... reap what you sow... how is that controversial??

Or is the UK run by the crazy folks at AIPAC??
edit on 29-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
interesting news, funny how we are supposed to live in a democracy and have free speech, but really it's only as long as it agrees with the people in charge. So basically no one is allowed to say anything against Israel, if they do they'll lose their job, GG UK.

I can't believe more people aren't questioning why such a small country like Israel has such huge influence on major nations. They're not big exporters, they don't have anything that we rely on, no one really needs them yet they still have all this power. It's madness...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
She may have resigned as the Lib-Dem whip. She cannot however be removed from the House of Lords. Peerage is for life under the current laws.
She will continue to speak, of that I am sure. The question is, will she be heard ? Or simply buried under protests that she is an anti-semitic.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Cough, royal family cough cameron cough. Enough said.

Anyway, I agree. Isreal won't last forever, nothing ever does.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Cough, royal family cough cameron cough. Enough said.

Err, less of the cryptic innuendo, what on earth doea that mean......maybe I'm just stupid but....?

Anyway, I agree. Isreal won't last forever, nothing ever does.

I wouldn't be too sure, but I tend to agree with you.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I am not an anti-semite.

That being said, what else can you expect? You can't just transplant a whole country of people to another area, push all the residents out and then get mad when they protest your being there. They HAD to know when the made the decision to put them there that there would be problems. So that can only lead to one conclusion. They realized EXACTLY what they were doing when they did it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

You do realize that the Koran speaks of the land Israel is on belongs to them in verses 5:20 to 5:28 7:140 and 17:140 I believe . They live on a postage stamp why do you hate Jews . Oh let me guess I don't hate Jews I hate ziionists. Seriously the hypocrisy and lies spouted by people like this is sick.

You also do realize that God said to Abraham that I will bless those that bless you ad curse those that curse you , you being Israel .

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

yep, yep....there is two Israels the historical God Himself guarding them Israel, and the other political Zionist evil buzztards. we see them in the media, huh!....

that evil bunch ruining the name of the chosen people are spoken of in the scriptures...yes they're biblical....and God says He will hold them up in front of everyone and somethin.....I guess we'll have to look that up...but it aint good...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I believe the verse you're speaking of is Revelations 3:9-I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.
bible.cc...

I'm not into religion, but I do believe this verse represents modern day Israel very well.

The power Israel possesses is very impressive...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible
She may have resigned as the Lib-Dem whip. She cannot however be removed from the House of Lords. Peerage is for life under the current laws..

Haha, indeed. But that doesn't make for an interesting headline, does it? Being forced to resign the whip is simply the party taking action, but you are right, you cannot resign as a Lord any more than you can resign as an MP. You can litterally say what you like in Parliament as well, it is Sovereign. She is only in trouble with her party, but she can quite easily continue in the Lords as a crossbencher or independant if she so wished.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I believe the verse you're speaking of is Revelations 3:9-I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.
bible.cc...

I'm not into religion, but I do believe this verse represents modern day Israel very well.

The power Israel possesses is very impressive...

That verse has nothing to do with Israel and everything to do with Satan and his children who pretend to be Jews , they were the same Kenite Jews that put Jesus to death . They are the new world order , illuminati or whatever you want to call them . They prepare the way for Satans return and hold positions of power everywhere in the world .

They run banking , politics , religion and education all at the very highest levels . That verse just warns of them in religion but Satans offspring rule the world for the most part.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Always trust a Lib Dem politician to say something stupid. It's their usual thing after all.

That's why they were always the number 3 party, because their members, supporters and policies are amongst the most idiotic you've ever seen.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I used to critise Israel
But then i took an arrow in the knee.

Yes, this lady, just as Helen Thomas, has hit the 'third rail', the sacred cow of politics..Israel.

Rule number 1 - Dont critise Israel and expect to stay in your job.

The world yet again bows down in reverence at the meer mention of this god like state.

Makes you sick.

Soon we'll all be dancing to hava nagilah y celebrating yom kippur.
edit on 1-3-2012 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join