It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're On Food Stamps, You Should Lose Voting Privileges?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Politicians who aid in outsourcing of jobs should lose voting privileges and not be able to ever run for a public office again. Bankers who commit fraud should lose voting privileges and spend the rest of their life in JAIL. It blows my mind the level of criminality on Wall street that exists, the silence is deafening, and someone wants to go after people on FOOD STAMPS??? Food stamps are a symptom, not the illness. The illness is 30 years of the economics of Milton Friedman destroying the job base and the economy.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

Originally posted by andersensrm
4. Taxes, Taxes, Taxes - We need to start taxing people who have more money than they can possibly imagine.
Income per year
$250,000 or less : 15 %

250,000 - 500,000 : 20 %

500,000 - 1,000,000 : 30%

1,000,000 - 10,000,000 : 40%

10,000,000 - 100,000,000 : 45%

100,000,000 - 1,000,000,000 : 50%

1,000,000,000 or more: 60%

Income needs to be counted by money you receive. That is, any money you receive, doesn't matter from where, is income. That should solve the revenue problem, although many people won't like it.

OK some good points there except this one. I know, I know the rich should pay more because they can afford it. I say why don't we all pay the same percentage regardless of our income. That way 51% percent of the country isn't fronting the bill for the other 49% not paying any income taxes. If we need a tax increase then tax us all..all 100% percent of us. That way the ones struggling that do have a hard time making it will have more resources at the finger tips because of the extra revenue generated by more people paying taxes.

It sounds good until you really think about it. Lets say we have a flat 15 percent tax on income. Ok, someone who makes 40000 a year gets taxed 6000. So they have a take home pay of 654 dollars a week to live on. Ok, now tax someone who makes 10 million a year 5 percent:they pay 1500000, THEIR take home pay is 163000 a week. So who will feel it more, the guy who has 600 dollars a week to live on who has lost 100 dollars, or the guy who makes 163000 a week who lost 28000, but still has more to live on per week than the other person has to live on in a YEAR? Still sound fair?
edit on 3-3-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
Politicians who aid in outsourcing of jobs should lose voting privileges and not be able to ever run for a public office again. Bankers who commit fraud should lose voting privileges and spend the rest of their life in JAIL.

luckily "the people" never make or made mistakes or commit fraud, only bankers and policitcans do.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
The people that demand drug testing are morons....first of all, when florida did this it was a waste of money, second urine tests only catch weed smokers, users of others including liquor can pass those tests easier.

You just want to demonize the less fortunate. Demand drug testing for your congressmen who cause a ton of problems before you label everyone on p.a. an addict.

Not true urine test can catch any number of drugs up to and including alcohol. Typically weed is the cheapest and easiest test utilized.

The rest of what you said is correct. Florida pushed for it, got it and found out it cost more to test than it saved in people caught.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by yougetwhatyoudeserve

When the "people" make mistakes or commit fraud, it usually only affects a few people, when people in power do it, it can affect millions. See the present economy.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

When the "people" make mistakes or commit fraud, it usually only affects a few people, when people in power do it, it can affect millions. See the present economy.

If "people" commit tax fraud or something like that, It can affect a lot of people, think about it what will happen if a lot of people commit a tax fraud?

I don't think that it is really fair to point your finger only to the people who are in a position of power, everybody does bad things so we all screwed this system up!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

It takes longer for weed to get out of your system(in terms of thc showing up in urine) than it does for other substances.

Theoretically a coke or crack head could pass a urine test easily if they are given prior warning, the substance won't show up in their piss after what, 48-72 hrs?
edit on 3-3-2012 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Ok, so who is more responsible for damage to the economy, someone who steals a pack of cigarettes or someone who steals a billion dollars? I would say the latter. Who does more jail time? I would say the former. Something is wrong with that equation.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by yougetwhatyoudeserve

If "people" commit tax fraud or something like that, It can affect a lot of people, think about it what will happen if a lot of people commit a tax fraud?

I don't think that it is really fair to point your finger only to the people who are in a position of power, everybody does bad things so we all screwed this system up!

What a load of elitist, apologist garbage.

Licking boots and brown nosing won't get you anywhere in life...all that does is make your tongue dirty, and smears # across your nose. Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
that just sums up america today ...its the government's job to create jobs and to serve the people ..

cut your defense budget ..4 hundred thousand Americans die each year from cardiac arrest compared to ,at most 50 casualties from terrorism ..the biggest killer in america is heart disease due to poor diet and life style...

free health care .. adopt a national insurance like the UK ..everyone pays regardless if you have private health care or not .. enabling the poor to benefit from free health care
the poor are always punished because they are poor..when all money is debt anyway

50 million Americans can't afford health care or afford a home... that's a shocking fact

as it stands your government couldn't give a hoot if you dropped down dead tomorrow

its your government that's corrupt ..not the guy on food stamps

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Ok, so who is more responsible for damage to the economy, someone who steals a pack of cigarettes or someone who steals a billion dollars? I would say the latter. Who does more jail time? I would say the former. Something is wrong with that equation.

You can say whatever you want to say, but no one will listen to you haha, and with that in mind I hope you know your position in life.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

If You're On Food Stamps, You Should Lose Voting Privileges?

What's a food stamp?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You can say whatever you want to say, but no one will listen to you haha, and with that in mind I hope you know your position in life.

What's your position? Licking boots til they're clean?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

What a load of elitist, apologist garbage.

You don't have to judge me, you don't even have the slightest idea of who I am.

Licking boots and brown nosing won't get you anywhere in life...all that does is make your tongue dirty, and smears # across your nose. Pathetic.

Well, to be honest that is not my tactic in life, I'm just saying how I am thinking about the recent happenings. And if you don't agree with it, fine, but there is no reason to react in such emotional way.

I guess that people who have a different opinion than most on ATS are not welcome here, which wasn't a big surprise.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

What's your position? Licking boots til they're clean?

Nope, I'm just a quite simple factory machine operator with a college degree in the field of arts, nice combination don't you think?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
To say that you should lose your rights because you are on hard times is just disgusting...

Systems get abused all the time, just look at our financial market for example, but to lose your rights because some, not all, people abuse it is wrong. No one wants to be out of work. It's boring and welfare $ is not even enough to pay the bills. It's not like you can go on vacation to Disney, go on a shopping spree or buy a new car. No. Some of those people are selling their stamp money to pay the bills the checks don't cover. I would rather them do that then break into someone's house or rob a gas station.

Caffeine is a drug, Nicotine is a drug, Sugar is a drug, Alcohol is a drug, by definition... A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular.

Looks like we are all drug abusers...

I believe most drug abuse is done by over the counter drugs and prescribed meds anyways... Should we test for all those too? Should we make everyone take a breathalyzer test to pick up their checks as well?

About 6 months ago I remember reading about a gas station robbery where the owner was working and got held up by a single dad trying to feed his family. The man had apologized for what he was doing but said that he and his wife had lost their jobs and the state denied them benefits. He just wanted some money to make his house payment and some food to feed their kids. The gas station owner was so moved by this that he actually gave the man a some food, some cash, and a job...

Don't go around judging a book (in this case the people on stamps) by it's cover because each story is different...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
To say that you should lose your rights because you are on hard times is just disgusting...

Yes, but you dont know the whole story behind someone who is losing his rights.... You don't lose them if you "play the game along".

Systems get abused all the time, just look at our financial market for example, but to lose your rights because some, not all, people abuse it is wrong. No one wants to be out of work. It's boring and welfare $ is not even enough to pay the bills. It's not like you can go on vacation to Disney, go on a shopping spree or buy a new car. No. Some of those people are selling their stamp money to pay the bills the checks don't cover. I would rather them do that then break into someone's house or rob a gas station.

Going on a shopping spree or going to disney are not basic needs, besides wellfare is adjusted to basic needs and people who can't pay their basic bills anymore usually have a lot more stuff going on (loans, phonebills, internet, television). But you don't hear them telling you that or they lie about it so they don't get the blame.

Caffeine is a drug, Nicotine is a drug, Sugar is a drug, Alcohol is a drug, by definition... A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular.

Yes

I believe most drug abuse is done by over the counter drugs and prescribed meds anyways... Should we test for all those too? Should we make everyone take a breathalyzer test to pick up their checks as well?

About 6 months ago I remember reading about a gas station robbery where the owner was working and got held up by a single dad trying to feed his family. The man had apologized for what he was doing but said that he and his wife had lost their jobs and the state denied them benefits. He just wanted some money to make his house payment and some food to feed their kids. The gas station owner was so moved by this that he actually gave the man a some food, some cash, and a job...

To be honest I don't believe a single word of this story, to me it is is just somekind of excuse or symphaty propaganda.

edit on 3-3-2012 by yougetwhatyoudeserve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yes, but you dont know the whole story behind someone who is losing his rights.... You don't lose them if you "play the game along".

Um.... apparently for being on food stamps as the discussion says... duh

Going on a shopping spree or going to disney are not basic needs, besides wellfare is adjusted to basic needs and people who can't pay their basic bills anymore usually have a lot more stuff going on (loans, phonebills, internet, television). But you don't hear them telling you that or they lie about it so they don't get the blame.

What is your point? I said they DO NOT GO ON SHOPPING SPREES... and can't afford to... and I do hear them saying they can't pay their bills. I don't hear them saying I need to sell my stamps for drugs...

Yes

To be honest I don't believe a single word of this story, to me it is is just somekind of excuse or symphaty propaganda.

I do not care if you do not believe me... and why should I??? I can only put what I remember from memory because it was in a local paper... I am not here to impress you, or anyone else.

You're still missing the point... and apparently did not understand a lick of what I posted...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
We've already lost our voting rights. This is a lengthy article, but I highly recommend it to anyone who cares about free and fair elections: obamasgarden.wordpress.com...

***SNIP***

In other words, not that it was advertised anywhere except on someone’s personal Flickr account, but the individual responsible for pooling the talent to develop the ‘open source’ systems on which people will register to vote, cast their votes, and count the votes in local, state, and federal elections – here and overseas – is an Obama supporter whose father attended the University of Hawaii at the same time as Stanley Ann Dunham and Barack Obama Sr; and he is the brother of one of the Obama provocateurs claiming to have an authentic certified copy of a Hawaiian birth certificate bearing a fraudulent debossed HDOH seal matching the one photographed on Obama’s COLB.

*whew*

OR, to put it another way for Obama supporters: The person responsible for pooling the talent to develop the ‘open source’ systems on which people will register to vote, cast their votes, and count the votes in local, state, and federal elections – here and overseas – is the brother of a well-known ‘birther’ whose alleged birth certificate was included in Jerome Corsi’s book, Where’s the Real Birth Certificate?

Having been on both sides of this coin, I would imagine this fact is as unsettling for democrats, as Jeb Bush being governor of Florida during the 2000 election?

At least. But, this problem isn’t isolated to Florida, it’s nationwide…and overseas, too.

And, no one appears to have vetted the people behind the OSDV Foundation. Two nobutties basically just formed a company called “Network, Tool & Die” and then jumped right into the business of playing public advocate for open source election technology, under the OSDV non-profit brand. (Of course, we pay them to steal our votes, though.) If you care to look into them, you will find they are a terrible, terrible, mind-blowing joke.

***END SNIP***

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You're still missing the point... and apparently did not understand a lick of what I posted...

Haha, no you are way to smart for me and I guess I will never be able to understand a single thing of a ATS poster with a victim complex, because I'm ignorant, not enlightened and open minded.

I just don't talk along with the typical ATS talk, I've got my own opinion and views on things which is not the basic "ATS I am against everything" kind of stuff. Get used to it or go away because Im not going haha !

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join