It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Prove GMO Foods Alter Organ Function: A Very Real Health Threat To Humans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by soficrow
And fyi, the mechanisms you describe also apply to the actions of -numerous- other common contaminants in our sadly polluted world.

...And as we are nearly completely immersed (even our clothing ...since I am a cotton lover )
in this new GMO contaminated world, and as you mention, the common contaminants
its a never ending toxic soup.

Unfortunately. But that's why I've been focusing on the mechanisms, specifically prions. ...People question whether so many different things can really have the same effect - and deny that the same contaminants can have such different effects in different people. ...When you understand the mechanisms, and recognize we're dealing with networks, interactive systems and multiple challenges, it's easier to understand.

But that's the Bad News.

The GOOD NEWS is that these same mechanisms causing disease also are helping us adapt to our changed world. They are evolutionary mechanisms too, and they are helping us get out of this mess. IF we stop adding new changes and biological challenges to the mix. Our poor bods already have enough to handle.

~ pollyanna sofi

edit on 1/3/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/3/12 by soficrow because: format grr

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Yes exactly. I just read that entire study report, and not once did it mention GM foods. All the rice they were talking about was natural rice. This study had nothing to do with GM Foods, it was talking about a process that happens with any plants, GM or otherwise.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Our Prime Minister Tusk stated that GMO food will by in consumption in our country
because it is in European Union treaty!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Should we completely disregard genetically modified foods, or should we be investigating the legitimate use of these technologies in light of both positive and negative benefits for humans? I agree that genetically modified foods are hard to understand, because my level of education does not provide the necessary information to completely understand the process of development, or long-term affect of GMFs. I do not necessarily agree with the use of genetically modified foods, but I would like to see evidence for, and against, the use of this technology. As humans we have already accepted that we modify our environment to support our needs. How are GMFs different from other technologies which are used to change the natural order? I am new at ATS, at least as a proper, registered member. Please understand that I want the best for our world. I am a student. I am a parent. I do not work for anyone and I do not have an overt agenda to support or disregard other entities.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zookman44

Hi, and welcome to ATS!

I hope you find all of the information your looking for,
starters here:

The World According To Monsanto

The World According To Monsanto

www.youtube.com...

Complete Transcipt Of The Documentary (PDF)

Dr. Putzai chose the foreign gene in a GM potato that he had worked with before and which produces an insecticidal protein that is harmless to mammals.

Three variations of potato were fed to three groups of rats: the plain potato, a potato injected with the insecticide, and a GM potato injected with the gene from the insecticide. The rats given the first two types of potato were fine. The rats given the GM potatoes had almost all their organs and their immune systems adversely affected after only 10 days.

Previously, rats that had been given 700 times the amount of insecticide found in the GM potatoes had not been affected, so Dr. Putzai concluded that GM foods need more safety studies.

Dr. Putzai had a brief moment of being in the spotlight after an interview on the air Aug. 10, 1998, but on Aug. 12, 1998, he was fired from his 35-year position and his team was disbanded
www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Thank you for this information. All the more reason why I need to grow my own food, make my own food, and eat my own food.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I am watching the video, and going to websites which offer direct proof of the information contained in the video.
I will continue to watch before posting again. Can you be killed for trying to find the truth?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I am watching the video, and going to websites which offer direct proof of the information contained in the video.
I will continue to watch before posting again. Can you be killed for trying to find the truth?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That is one of the best videos I have ever watched on the subject.
I'd rather think that the GMO food is far deadlier that searching for the truth.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

How do you do this? How can you buy seed which is not Genetically modified?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Basically, we should never use a specific herbicide. Guess which one?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Easy, look at health food stores, emergency prep sites, and local stores that germinate their own seeds.

And I vote against using any herbicide, because I rather get down in the dirt than poison my dirt.
edit on 1-3-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

we do have those. It is easy to become overwhelmed with the content of the videos. How can we be sure that we are safe? Who can we trust?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Your welcome, thanks for your comments.
I am a gardening fanatic by now...its the only way.

I also frequent farmers markets, and small local stores
that carry local organic produce and other items.

Forewarned is forearmed.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The problem seems to be that GMO produce is already in the market. I believe, after watching the video, that a political decision was made to allow GMOs because it was an equivalent to its natural counterpart. Small differences were not considered as problematic. But, what was the technological level of genetic science during the mid 2000's. Prior to 2007, the scientific establishment considered "junk" dna to be a negligable factor. That understanding has been changed.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
WOW GMO/Monsanto debut in WALmart combine with the current virus outbreak in (possibly GE lambstock)
speaks volumes as to the underlying operations/implications, our FOOD SUPPLY IS UNDER ATTACK (by our own Zionists NWO
)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Why would plants need to resist their own herbicide? How many ways could a genetically modified product change the genomic content of our DNA. (human DNA) Complexity and regulation do not mix!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Did George Bush senior contribute to the GMA problem. Obviously, he was present during the filming and discussion of the inception of the problem. Quale was a voice for the corporate powers which needed to gain political take-over while the WORLD was not aware of the potential consequences.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

How are Genetically Modified Foods regulated currently? Does anyone know? Does anyone care? Could you be killed for asking such questions?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I would like to establish a conversation based on scientific evidence and humanity. I believe that Socratese had the right idea. Knowledge does not change the fact that we all put our pants on one leg at a time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join