It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Prove GMO Foods Alter Organ Function: A Very Real Health Threat To Humans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+59 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This new research is a game changer.

GMO food is exceptionally deadly for humans!
Yet, its in nearly 80% of the food manufactured for consumption?!

This research proves that when we consume food,
we're not just eating vegetables, protein, and carbs,
but gene regulators as well!

The Nanjing University-based team showed that this genetic material will
bind to receptors in human liver cells and influence the uptake of cholesterol from the blood.

The type of RNA in question is called microRNA (abbreviated to miRNA) due to its small size.
MiRNAs have been studied extensively since their discovery ten years ago, and have been
implicated as players in several human diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's, and diabetes.

The study is here: Cross Kingdom Regulation by microRNA

www.youtube.com...

Research proves that there is no such thing as safe GMO food!

Monsanto has known this all along...

"If you put a label on genetically engineered food you might as well put a skull and crossbones on it." - Norman Braksick, president of Asgrow Seed Co., a subsidiary of Monsanto, quoted in the Kansas City Star, March 7, 1994

We could expect Monsanto's attempts to discredit this.
Monsanto's website states:

"There is no need for, or value in testing the safety
of GM foods in humans."

With their rebuttal, Monsanto, once again enters the Hall of Shame.
www.monsanto.com...

image credit

Related News
www.alternet.org...
Related Above Top Secret: Genetically Modified Food Alters Our Digestive Systems!

Bee Extinction Study Kept Secret
edit on 29-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
They won't sell GMO food in Monsanto's cafateria or eat it in there own homes.

Neither will the politicians, who are in the know.

Need we know more?

Here are three studies showing how bad it is:
Causes sterrility in rats withing 3 generations.
links to cancer
links to allergies and yet another link to sterility

Is it any wonder the infertility rate is skyrocketing?

edit on 29-2-2012 by pianopraze because: added links

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think its funny, mother nature has spend millions, perhaps billions of years creating the things that keep us alive, and making the things we enjoy. We have spent millions of years adapting to what has been created for us. And a group of people think they can do better for a few bucks.

Wtf did people think would happen?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It just amazes me that more and more information and studies are coming out faster and faster about the many ways this company is evil, yet thanks to the all mighty dollar, government just keeps their heads buried in the sand and Denies, Denies, Denies.

Honestly, they will be so happy when there is no one left to rule.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
I think its funny, mother nature has spend millions, perhaps billions of years creating the things that keep us alive, and making the things we enjoy. We have spent millions of years adapting to what has been created for us. And a group of people think they can do better for a few bucks.

Wtf did people think would happen?

Thank you, I've been saying the above since the GMO discussion came about.

However this simple logic and rational understanding on the subject falls short of convincing certain "types" of people from being so incredibly fear-mongered that "organic" food is not capable of feeding the world....they are so afraid of this unfounded possibility that they believe GMO foods are the only possible way to feed the planet.

Add to this pesticides etc...

Human arrogance and its corruption of true science is the real threat to mankind...
edit on 29-2-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Is it any wonder the infertility rate is skyrocketing?

That, and cancer, and our life span is growing shorter!
I think they knew what they were up to long ago, and the label
on GMO food should be a skull and crossbones.

Eugenics, pure and simple!

The founder of Monsanto, John Francis Queeny was a Knight of Malta.
(1859-1933)

To this day it is said that Monsanto remains under the control of that crusading,
military order loyal to the pope of Rome, following order’s set forth
in the Council of Trent (1545-1563),

This must be why The Vatican says the GMO food is a moral imperative???

Knight of Malta John Francis Queeny, Founder of Monsanto, 1920s
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35281375b377.jpg[/atsimg]

The FDA and its Cancer Entourage! White House bedfellows!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

How much more of these studies are needed before we start doing something (aside from more testing)?
I'm not sure how big the proverbial rug is, but at some point you won't be able to keep sweeping the dirt under it and writing it off. There is clearly a reason why Monsanto is always with broom in hand. Like that little comment:

Monsanto's website states, "There is no need for, or value in testing the safety of GM foods in humans."

But then they will turn around and do their own "rebuttal study" after another scientific study proves otherwise.
Naturally with a different result. In fact, here is a snip from an article I found online about the GM food frenzy:

Additionally, the health hazards of GM foods are mostly unknown because biotechnology companies do not allow independent researchers to publish studies done on GM seeds [5]. In order to obtain the seeds, scientists must sign an agreement to only publish studies in peer-review journals that have been approved by the company [5]. These companies essentially produce consumer propaganda, putting public health at risk. Thus, the health and safety risks associated with GM foods are significant enough to prevent it from becoming the solution to global problems and must be assessed.

(Source)

The crap is making my head spin..

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

awesome F&S

related thread by soficrow [i've linked this one there as well]
Cross-Species Gene Transfer www.abovetopsecret.com...

whats the staus re the class action suit?
as there is some confusion on whether judge threw out the case or Monster, inc. decided to settle

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

I agree, and sadly realize I do think the plans have been nefarious all along.

I guess they expect us to thank them for backing off the Terminator Genes
that were brought about by Rockefeller and Monsanto!

Imagine, we are so ungrateful!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Honestly, they will be so happy when there is no one left to rule.

I really wonder about this part of the conspriacy. I imagine that the net effect
of this is they have workers for a shorter life span, and thats all they need.

Long life, and health while the slaves toil - not if they can help it apparently!

This is very scary research! To think that 80% of the food on available is
GMO is even scarier. Its in everything!

And the new plans to add Agent Orange, 2, 4-d additionally just blows my mind.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sorry for my ignorance.. but i want to deny it =)

how can we tell which food derived from Monsanto and which not?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by quelmarth

This should help...

How to avoid genetically modified foods

Im not sure which country you are in.

Personally (UK) I eat from my local butchers which is stocked by a farm 15 miles away, all animals are grass fed and free range. I also buy all fruits and vegetables from my local greengrocer which is stocked by local suppliers that grow them naturally. You can not just taste a difference in quality, I used to believe I was allergic to tomatoes as my mouth would get itchy and my lips would swell if I ate a tomato, it was the same with carrots, grapes etc. This only happens with supermarket fruit and veg for me, the locally produced fruit and veg does not cause this, only found this out after trying the local greengrocers a few years back after some heavy reading on this very topic on this site.

Was a big deal for me (still is), being able to eat fresh vegetables and fruit after having so called allergies to them all my life, now I know it was just the way they are produced for supermarkets that caused it.

edit on 29-2-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Human arrogance and its corruption of true science is the real threat to mankind...

Very well summed up!

I do believe they know that sustainable farming works, and Organic farming is
superior What it boils down to is greed, and control

Bill Freese, a science policy analyst for the Washington-based Center for Food Safety,
said everyone wants to see things get better for hungry people, but ....

genetically modified plants are more likely to make their developers rich than feed
the poor. The seed is too expensive and has a high failure rate, he said.
Better ways to increase yields would be increasing the fertility of soil by adding organic
matter or combining plants growing in the same field to combat pests, he said.

www.google.com...

GMO advocates and the Fox gauding the henhouse...the FDA and the USDA!

"We used to have to use the card catalogue and browse through the books to find the
information we needed," he wrote in his letter. "Now, in the same way we know ... the precise
page that contains the piece of information we need, we can find out precisely which
plant contains what gene conferring a specific characteristic. This will make plant breeding
happen at a much faster clip."

thinkprogress.org...

Gates Notes

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I guess that living in europe does "help me" in this case..

Thanks...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

EXCELLENT find. ...The circles and spirals are even wider, and the story much bigger. Aeons describes the process rather well here:

Viruses are carrying RNA transfers between linked species for communication about environmental changes, and audit controls.

Bacteria and fungus are performing a similar function with genetic exchange.

...In short, it may take a while, but all living species tend to get round to sharing their genetic information.

edit on 29/2/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

related thread by soficrow [i've linked this one there as well]
Cross-Species Gene Transfer www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you, this does tie in nicely.
Hope everyone gives it a read and a flag too!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Combine the GMOs with Fluoride, Aspartame, HFCS, bleached flour, antibiotics in meats and milk, and the end results are.... well, take a look around.

I've been seeing more younger people develop diseases that use to afflict only the elderly. It's become the norm to see someone in their 20s with cancer, diabetes, auto immune diseases, many forms of arthritis, etc. I suppose if you are born into a world like this it appears normal, but I remember a time before Monsanto had their tentacles in just about everything, and life wasn't all about doctors appointments and medications.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Good links, thanks for those!
Interesting to hear about your allergies, I think that the majority
of allergic reactions to fresh food can be traced to the pesticides..

Glycosphate in particular...aka round up.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You Puny humans have no idea. When are you going to learn? You are the minority, those that will change nothing.

We don't bribe the government to get things passed, they bribe us, enough said.
Your inferior organic farmers will fail, we can undercut prices, pressure the market, and own all of the contracts and subsidies.

When your country sends food aid, guess who supplies. When your body starts attacking itself and forms lupus or rheumatoid arthritis and you are forced to medicate, guess who gets a cut. When your white blood cells can't distinguish between healthy and cancerous cells who prophits from your radiation therapy?

We pass whatever we want without having to prove they are safe, we self regulate. We are in charge of what data the FDA even gets. And now we are even going to be approving our crops twice as fast in the near future, you have no choice in the matter, you WILL eat our food. We decide what gets labelled as all natural, and healthy. We are the FDA. We are the EPA, we are the state, and soon, our agent orange will destroy you from the inside. We are the food in your schools, in your resterauntsl, in your milk. We are the reason you will not be packing your childrens lunch much longer.

Nothing will be grown that we don't own, I like the sound of that

We will feed the world, and in turn, rule it. We can spend a billion dollars burying this info and it wont even dip into profits. these are facts you will get used to, or we will get your children used to it. again, you have no choice.

Eat your corn, drink your milk, buy your meds and go to sleep.
You are powerless

This isn't sarcasm, you are cattle. We choose what to feed you.you moo and wait to be sold to the slaughterhouse

God bless america
edit on 29-2-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by XXXN3O

Good links, thanks for those!
Interesting to hear about your allergies, I think that the majority
of allergic reactions to fresh food can be traced to the pesticides..

Glycosphate in particular...aka round up.

Wrong, it's from truncated proteins. You know, all that junk DNA that didn't matter a few years ago. You know,when you inject a gene to create a trait, it changes a whole family of genes. most commonly it transforms normal, harmless proteins into allergens

Google genetic roulette for more info

Gm cotton rubbed on the skin of people that are "allergic" can cause irritation, while organic cotton does not (in 95%) of the cases, even when the organic cotton has been sprayed with roundup.

Eta. By the way, it's spelled glyphosate, not nitpicking, it's important for researching
It's not the poison, it's the plant

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join