It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Prove GMO Foods Alter Organ Function: A Very Real Health Threat To Humans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Courage anyone?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Dramatic physiological changes in the animals which were subjected to a hormone. Resources for the future:..............Role in .........law firm which Mansato was a client. GMO? FDA? Who cares? GMA regulations! This is law folks! Once law, now given. Monsanto growth hormone for the most popular meat in America. Transgentic hormone which is given to cattle to increase and manipulate production of milk. PRONCILAC

Check this out: What Monsanto Doesn't Want You To Know-The Genetic Food Conspiracy: mysticalmusingsandpolitics.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zookman44

Sorry, carried away. I give.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookman44

Why would plants need to resist their own herbicide? How many ways could a genetically modified product change the genomic content of our DNA. (human DNA) Complexity and regulation do not mix!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Canada won't even accept this hormone given to cattle.
I want to simply exist with health. Does my current environment allow that?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
My point is that decisions must often be made, which are not necessarily carefully viewed in terms of safety, nor made public, though the public must accept the consequences, think 1992. How does natural selection differ from overt selection? Can we really accept that the bodies which make decisions for us, have all the risk information situated to provide a fortunate outcome?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You guys must have seen this type of post before. What do I need to prepare for? Am I fkd?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inquisitive1
reply to post by burntheships

How much more of these studies are needed before we start doing something (aside from more testing)?
I'm not sure how big the proverbial rug is, but at some point you won't be able to keep sweeping the dirt under it and writing it off. There is clearly a reason why Monsanto is always with broom in hand. Like that little comment:

Monsanto's website states, "There is no need for, or value in testing the safety of GM foods in humans."

But then they will turn around and do their own "rebuttal study" after another scientific study proves otherwise.
Naturally with a different result. In fact, here is a snip from an article I found online about the GM food frenzy:

Additionally, the health hazards of GM foods are mostly unknown because biotechnology companies do not allow independent researchers to publish studies done on GM seeds [5]. In order to obtain the seeds, scientists must sign an agreement to only publish studies in peer-review journals that have been approved by the company [5]. These companies essentially produce consumer propaganda, putting public health at risk. Thus, the health and safety risks associated with GM foods are significant enough to prevent it from becoming the solution to global problems and must be assessed.

(Source)

The crap is making my head spin..

Each person needs to take responsibility to lessen or omit the amount of GMO foods to consume. Unfortuantely, money DOES play a role in this decision. Either grow your own from heirloom seeds or purchase foods from others who do. It isn't alway an easy decision, based on location, time and money. It is a choice. Every time you eat out, you are most likely ingesting GMO foods. The foods you buy from the grocery store.....GMO unless organically labled. How to shut Monsanto down???? That's another question. They are hugely HUGE. Globally HUGE. I don't know how we can stop them.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

No your fine, keep going.

Sometimes the learning curve is a bit tedious, but you'll get it.

As for the information on the GMO...just one bit of advice.
Go cold turkey on it. Just give it up altogether all at once.

The hormones too, in the milk, causes cancer.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookman44

How are Genetically Modified Foods regulated currently? Does anyone know? Does anyone care? Could you be killed for asking such questions?

Currently the USDA is allowing the GMO companies to do thier own testing for safety.
I think that thats letting the fox gaurd the hen house.

I think its the GMO that is deadly...
Just go cold turkey, cut it out altogether.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Is Roundup - Monsanto's glyphosate-based herbicide causing Sudden Death Syndrome?

Sudden Death Syndrome is a serious plant disease, in many fields; A threat to the food supply world wide.

If we look beyond the surface of mainstream news reporting... a dark picture emerges,
one of a storm looming that has the potential to bring about a world wide food shortage.

This is urgent, and now the approval by the USDA of Monsantos new Alfalfa 7
the storm has never loomed so large.

Investigators Baffled As Wheat Fields Wither

The Oregon Department of Agriculture and Oregon State University are investigating the yellowing of upward of 40,000 acres of wheat in Umatilla and Morrow counties. So far, the cause is a mystery

www.capitalpress.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72030487bd7a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca8c59691cac.jpg[/atsimg]

The latest reports out on several staple crops reveals the devastating and unprecedented impact that Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide is having on the health of our soil, and harvests.

A sobering connect the dots

Dr. Don Huber walked past a soybean field and noticed a distinct line separating severely diseased yellowing soybeans on the right from healthy green plants on the left (see photo). The yellow section was suffering from Sudden Death Syndrome (SDS), a serious plant disease that ravaged the Midwest in 2009 and ’10, driving down yields and profits. Something had caused that area of soybeans to be highly susceptible.

Don Huber spent 35 years as a plant pathologist at Purdue University and knows a lot about what causes green plants to turn yellow and die prematurely. He asked the seed dealer why the SDS was so severe in the one area of the field and not the other. “Did you plant something there last year that wasn’t planted in the rest of the field?” he asked. Sure enough, precisely where the severe SDS was, the dealer had grown alfalfa, which he later killed off at the end of the season by spraying a glyphosate-based herbicide (such as Roundup). The healthy part of the field, on the other hand, had been planted to sweet corn and hadn’t received glyphosate.

Sudden Death Syndrome is more severe at the ends of rows,
where Roundup dose is strongest.

Photo by Amy Bandy.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebafcdc7288a.png[/atsimg]

This was yet another confirmation that Roundup was triggering SDS. In many fields, the evidence is even more obvious. The disease was most severe at the ends of rows where the herbicide applicator looped back to make another pass (see photo). That’s where extra Roundup was applied.

The diseased field on the right had glyphosate applied the previous season. Photo by Don Huber
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2dd2428914c6.png[/atsimg]url

Wheat affected after 10 years of glyphosate field applications
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e7827ab4090.jpg[/atsimg]

A child investigates Monsanto - One Of The Best Informative Videos Ever Made.

Study after study shows that not only is glyphosate contributing to the huge
increase in SDS but also to the outbreak of numerous other diseases.

responsibletechnology.org...

But insidiously, the herbicide does not kill the plants directly.

What it does do is cause a unique perfect storm of conditions activating
disease causing organisms in the soil, while at the same time wiping out plant defenses against those diseases!

eatdrinkbetter.com...

In fact, Roundup herbicide weakens plants and promotes disease in a number of ways, including:

•Acting as a chelator of vital nutrients, depriving plants of the nutrients necessary for healthy plant function
•Destroying beneficial soil organisms that suppress disease-causing organisms and help plants absorb nutrients
•Interfering with photosynthesis, reducing water use efficiency, shortening root systems and causing plants to release sugars, which changes soil pH
•Stunting and weakening plant growth
•Promoting disease-causing organ

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

This is the real reason behind the Food Safety Bill passed January 4, 2011!

January 13, 2011, Michael Taylor who was a Monsanto lawyer as well as its Vice President for Public policy was just appointed as the "New Official" !

The Obama administration, moving to address the nation’s fractured food safety system, on Wednesday appointed Michael R. Taylor, a veteran food expert, as deputy commissioner for foods at the Food and Drug Administration. The newly created position is the first to oversee all the agency’s many food and nutrition programs.

While other countries are left devasted by a dubious biotech future that did not deliver on its promises, our own government has long been an enthusiastic GM-proponent!

Monsanto was facing a huge decline :

Monsanto’s Roundup, the agro-toxic companion herbicide for millions of acres of GM soybeans, corn, cotton, alfalfa, canola, and sugar beets, is losing market share. Its overuse has spawned a new generation of superweeds that can only be killed with super-toxic herbicides such as 2,4, D and paraquat. Moreover, patented “Roundup Ready” crops require massive amounts of climate destabilizing nitrate fertilizer. Compounding Monsanto’s damage to the environment and climate, rampant Roundup use is literally killing the soil, destroying essential soil microorganisms, degrading the living soil’s ability to capture and sequester CO2, and spreading deadly plant diseases.

In just one year, Monsanto has moved from being Forbes’ “Company of the Year” to the Worst Stock of the Year. The Biotech Bully of St. Louis has become one of the most hated corporations on Earth.

www.counterpunch.org...

There can be no such thing as "coexistence" with a reckless and monopolistic industry that harms human health, destroys biodiversity, damages the environment, tortures and poisons animals, destabilizes the climate, and economically devastates the world's 1.5 billion seed-saving small farmers.
url

But now Monsantos long reaching tentacles have just been given a back
door pass to control the food on your table.

Grow your own food, for soon that will be the only food you will want to eat.

“If you control the food, you can control the people.” – Henry Kissinger

truthsquad.tv

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Under the guise of protecting Americans from food-borne illnesses, Congress has passed the S510 Food Safety Act, granting unlimited power to the FDA to oversee the processing of food from farm to table....

The farmer representatives will no doubt include Monsanto, the biotech company standing behind the bill that stands to benefit from it the most. The FDA is intimately linked with Monsanto –

(visit the link for the full news article)

In Sunday Evening Suprise, Senate Unanimously Passes Food Safety Bill

Related News Links:
dailycaller.com
www.nytimes.com[

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Monsantos cancer milk- Bovine Groth Hormone

FOX News Pressured By Monsanto

www.ukprogressive.co.uk

On April 2, 1998 Steve Wilson & Jane Akre filed a landmark lawsuit using ‘whistle blowers protection’ to seek compensation for being fired for refusing to distort the news. The link below is a ten-minute video of the two FOX NEWS reporters, who, in the late 1990′s uncovered that most of the milk in the US and across some parts of the world is unfit to drink. They were fired for attempting to inform people of the of the health risks posed by the use of (rBGH)

Related News Links:
www.foodandwaterwatch.org

I know, another Monsanto story...but before you close the page, please watch the video.
I personally had not seen the end of the story, and you will be shocked and outraged!

At least on ATS, the news has to be real...Fox news in the end was and still is
allowed to publish news that is not true!

Thats right, the appeals court found that its not against the law to falsify news.

(rBGH)copyright) is still in use today in the U.S.

In fact....

Despite opposition from scientists, farmers and consumers, the US currently allows dairy cows to be injected with rBST/rBST. The FDA continues to assure consumers that rBGH is safe for cows and humans, despite evidence to the contrary. In 1994, the FDA prohibited dairies from claiming there was any difference between milk from rBGH injected cows and milk produced without the artificial hormone. This controversy continues today, and many believe the FDA is suppressing the dangers of this issue.

So I just wanted to take this opportunity to bring this to
the forfront once more.

The FDA has interesting connections to Monsanto. Michael Taylor, former FDA commissioner for policy was an attorney for Monsanto prior to joining the FDA, and went to work for Monsanto directly upon leaving the FDA. The FDA maintains that “no significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rBST & non-rBST treated cows.” There is no requirement for US for milk produced with rBGH to be labeled as such.

www.ukprogressive.co.uk...

The European Union, Canada, New Zealand and Australia prohibit the use of rBGH/rBST

www.ukprogressive.co.uk

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Great thread BTS.
Thank you for this important information.
Sure you don't want to change your name to Burn the Fields?

S&F

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
A big “DUH!” seems appropriate here.

God created nature to provide us food & humanity has to screw with what God created.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Well now that you mention it...

Thanks for the encouragement. Funny thing ...I never started out on a crusade,
it just seemed to grow into that. One thing led to another, and next thing you know...

Its a good incentive to take control over our lives in the ways that we can.
Instead of a kitchen window sill with cute little nothings in it, I now generally
have a few little dishes with heirloom seeds in them drying.

So, eating organic has another plus, all of the seeds can be saved.
Its a different way of living, but I am growing to like it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Keep the pressure on, please. And keep growing heritage seeds - I do too. Life really is better when it's simple tho I confess I do like my computer and the Internet.

[bump]

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

That ruling might come in handy if any of us were to be charged with perjury or providing false testimony.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
That video was my first exposure to Monsanto.
It wasn't too hard to know they weren't to be trusted after seeing that!

Good for you saving seeds.
I have a 20'x16' sunroom I'm using to start my seeds.
This year a friend and I are working on a garden together using only heirloom varieties.
I can't wait for the first spinach and broccoli.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Asktheanimals

Monsanto's main protections come from what's called "Investor State" rights in free trade agreements. There's virtually no legal way to shut them down without paying trillions of dollars.

Fact is, corporate "Investor States" have far more rights than citizens, and way more legal power than nations. More money and political power too. Check out my dead-thread for more information: Corporate Investor-States versus Taxpayers

Once a country signs a "free trade" agreement, corporations have the right to sue the nation to protect "future profits" if regulations interfere with their "right to profit" or their "right to future profit." Free trade agreements confirm profit as the primary goal over environmental, public health, transportation and any other concern that gets in the way.

The legal mechanism, protected under international law, is called "Investor-State enforcement" - and allows corporations to bypass domestic court systems and directly sue governments for cash damages (our tax dollars) over alleged violations of their new rights.

We're screwed. But we knew that.

edit on 3/3/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join