It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel Knowledge WANTED.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
To all my fellow Ats members i have recently stumbled onto a topic here on the ATS forums that Im unable to find again.

The topic was about area 51 and the Roswell crash in the alien category.

the topic stated that the crash was a time machine and the occupants were twin brained robots with a few videos here n there.
Now as whack as that seems i have taken a shine to it and would really like to know what else we have gone over in the time travel topic, even things we haven't.

So please share what you know on this topic.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Aarcadius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aarcadius

edit on 29/2/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Im Sorry i must not have stated that i already read the topic... and was asking for anything new people could add.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

lets hope someone has something

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Agreed hopefully someone has something to add.

The reason i took a shine to this is because of Nikola Tesla.
he stated many times that everything he created was not his at all. he was simply constructing something someone has shown him. and when asked who showed him, Tesla said simply "The World".

He described how everything he made he saw in a mystical vision he was able to tap into at will.
and the best i can make out from the description was that it was our future now that he saw.

anyway I'm just intrigued by the concept and would like to dig in a little further by taking any general help i can about the topic.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If you use ATS Search you can find a lot on this topic

If you want a specific discussion, you may want to edit your title and be specific about the discussion you want. The title as is wont generate too many responses.....
edit on February 29th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Nevermind. It has nothing to do with what you are looking for (off topic)
edit on 29-2-2012 by underduck because: off topic

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Surely time travel is indeed possible as we are all travelling in time right now, it just so happens to be in a forward direction at a certain speed, i thought about writing this reply in my future, i wrote it in my present and will be soon re-reading this is the future what was written in my past.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

He described how everything he made he saw in a mystical vision he was able to tap into at will. and the best i can make out from the description was that it was our future now that he saw.

Well, if he was receiving a vision of the future, he wasn't paying attention. tesla technology is one now being brought back into operation. If he saw the future, he would have seen that his type of electricity was doomed to failure as you can't bill it.

That said, I'm quite confused as to what you actually want to discuss.... time travel in general? Or specifically dealing with roswell. This is the first time I've heard a time travel theory about roswell myself.

Now if it's general time travel you want to discuss, I'm in, I love physics and physics does NOT rule out the possibility of time travel.

But if it's about this specific theory? Good luck.

=======

Time is an artificial construct. There is no "time" and certainly no "universal time". Time is merely a product of the effects of gravity and velocity.

Stand on the earth with an atomic clock. Send your buddy up into low earth orbit, with a synchronized atomic clock.

For both of you, each second will pass as normal, you will not notice a difference. But when you bring the clocks together, you will see they are no longer in sync.

Time is relative to the observer.

Because gravity (mass) can warp space/time this shows us that, while our thoughts of "time" aren't based on anything physical, there is some process we can manipulate.

If you are able to cram enough mass into a small area of space, you will distort space and time around that object. Theoretically, if you can distort that enough, you can fold space/time back in on itself, which could lead to time travel.

This is where it gets funky. Quantum theory and string theory both propose multiple dimensions AND parallel universes. Some trains of thought suggest that, if time travel were possible, there would be some universal law governing it to remove our ability to create a paradox. Meaning, in short, any time travel you do is a one way trip to a brand new parallel universe.

Anyways, right now, all we can do is travel forwards in time, but it's not that far beyond our ability to modify the speed at which time passes for us compared to others. Someone living at the 100th floor of a skyscraper is experiencing time differently than those on the bottom, but only when the two observations are compared, to each individual, time passes as normal.

The basic laws of physics don't rule it out, at all. But the state of our technology, certainly does.
edit on 29-2-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

Another example is a person moving towards the event horizon of a black hole (the area of no return, once you reach it gravity will not even let light escape). If you are away watching this, to you, the person will start moving incredibly slowly. Once they hit the event horizon, they will appear to be frozen in place.

But for that person looking back, it's an entirely different scenario. Yet, a 3rd observer watching this, would see that time is passing as normal, while the person near the black hole experiences time passing as normal, while the person watching them seems to see time slowing down.
edit on 29-2-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
ha ha well Tesla couldn't of known that..the govt use us as sheep... Tesla proved that sending electricity anywhere around the world in big or small amounts was possible and WITHOUT wires. think about it, u live in a shack in the middle of butt $%^& nowhere and u have everything that suburbia does.

Tesla : Energy is around us at all times im just harnessing it and sending it around the planet.

-.- do we pay for air? its around us at all times ... WTF are we doing burning our coal...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
This one ^ ^ ?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well, infinite possibilities being what they are, who knows whats really what. without seeing it firsthand, you always run the risk of false information. So, good luck finding true Knowledge on the subject. your more likely to get a version... or a perception that changes with each viewing. if time travel were a public thing, it seems you'd already know about it openly. cause certainly someone would have come back to this time from a future. even if it were just a future "historian"... and that's why I think it would never a public thing if it exists at all, because that would be a tremendous power, and power like that is usually a very closely guarded secret. probably only used for very very black covert ops. everything you hear on it would/will be put down to the ramblings of a kook/conspiracy theorist and be stripped of its credibility.

so the point to my rambling is, its only fun to think about...cause your never really going to know anything about time travel..aliens..maybe.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The insignificant nobody me am intrigue by the title thread.

What is it that you exactly seek for ? Past knowledge...or to change the past?

If it is time travelling that you truly seek, go to libraries around the world, read up on as many historical texts with cross referencing to discover truths, as much as possible, and then visit those places of interests, to see for yourself of such evidences as well to understand the people there to get a feel.

While you may be spared of the hussle of being tied down to one place at an era for a time and be exposed to dangers and risks there if you were to be physically transported back in time, doing what I suggested would be a far more safer mode.

How will the future be like? Being transported there physically may shed better information on the paths we take today, to correct it if it was wrong, or to lay it thick if it was right. But then, there will be far too many threads of life that will be ravelled and unravelled, causing a far more complex future than the single liner presumption of present change, and may be a hopeless cause.

Time travel is an interesting concept, but like nuclear energy, it opens up a can of worms that no lid may be possible to cover it back, just as many are struggling today to end nuclear tech. We mankind had not learn and evolved with responsibity that we should today. Just look at the state of the world today and you will realize the truth of it.

Better we learn the mistakes made from our ancestors whom lived the past, and courageously correct those errors, and with sucess, to improve upon it step by step so that we may learn, progress and evolve.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I believe you were refering to the story or theory from col. phillip corso.
theres a thread i found right here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tesla once said that it would be a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of nature!
I think what tesla ment with saying that he got some ideas from the world he was talking about getting is ideas from nature, by looking at nature. the way nature works,

en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by clutch36hp

did u understand or benefit at all from the massive para you just sent? or are you farming replys? there is nothing but obvious points in your reply...

YES i cannot get a true answer. NO i dont care im gathering the info anyway.

Thank You.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by samaria

Yes that is the post i was referring to but as i have stated before
i have already read it and am asking for additional info. which is slowly seeping through in the replys.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

i know that you all ready read it, you said you can't find it so i thoght i bring it up so people that don't know what you are talking about can take a look. thats all. just trying to help you out buddy

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I was just espousing to the philosophy of a true knowledge of a thing..not farming for anything. you said you wanted KNOWLEDGE of this subject. and I said you never really going to get it. chase your tail if you like..makes no matter to me.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Here is how the great Surrealist artist Salvador Dali depicted in 1965 his experience of travelling back in time through a paranormal portal on the top of Mount Canigou on the French and Spanish border:
uploads7.wikipaintings.org...
If you are intrigued enough to learn about the amazing background story, read Patrice Chaplin's books "Secrets of Girona" and "The Portal". Her Facebook page is:
www.facebook.com...

The first wife of Charlie Chaplin's son, Michael, she writes in "The Portal" about her own similar journey back in time through this portal.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Not sure if you have heard about the Philly, Phoenix, and Montauk Projects, but there is some really wild allegations about what went on. Everything ranging from mind control to time travel.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...# menu

Some of the allegations are crazy, but I believe there is some truth to some of it, mainly the mind control experiments. Preston Nichols claimed to be a time traveler. There is a bunch of YouTube videos of it. Can't find the video at the moment.

It is entertaining at the very least.
edit on 29-2-2012 by ATSkevXXX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join