It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FREEDOM under attack... "25 arrested in major action against Anonymous"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
In a grand maneuver which they say has been under way the last month or so, 25 people from Anonymous have been arrested and their computers seized.

25 people believed to be related to the hacker community Anonymous, have been arrested during a major operation in Europe and South America.

This was stated by Interpol.

The hackers, who are between 17 and 40 years, suspected of having planned cyber-attack on several institutions - including Colombia's defense ministry, a Chilean power company and Chile's National Library.

Freedom has taken a blow in my oppinion. I know two wrongs don't make a right, but in the case of Anonymous I am more than willing to look past that in order to "punish" those in this world that are feeding on the lives of everyone else.

I haven't noticed wether Anonymous themselves have confirmed sending out that war-declaration, but I find it very convinient that it was posted only a few days before these arrests. The conspiracy theorist in me says it stinks of false flag!'

Read the entire article:

www.politiken.dk

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I guess this will only be the tip of the iceberg. I see Anonymous as more of a movement than an organised group or cell. Anyone could be Anonymous IMO.
edit on 29/2/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
What about the anonymous criminals who pull the strings of the world's governments. When will THEY be arrested?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I have nothing against anonymous.

I do believe that most active members are aware that if they are caught they could end up in a lot of trouble.

Can you please explain how this story results in ' FREEDOM under attack'. I really don't understand. Please elaborate. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I'm a little concerned by somethings you've said. When you combine "FREEDOM under attack" with

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but in the case of Anonymous I am more than willing to look past that in order to "punish" those in this world that are feeding on the lives of everyone else.
Your creating the impression in my mind that you are saying anything, including crime, is justified in order to hurt influential people and governments.

I'm pretty sure this is not what you meant, could you explain, please?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Maybe they should stop using twitter and facebook then they wouldn't get caught.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Couldn't have spat it any better. The reason that video was uploaded is because there is no face to this "criminal," anyone who makes the slightest notion they could be an "anonymous" person and they can be deemed a terrorist now. The BS meter should be ringing on high now people. Coinkadink? I think not.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Well, they break the law, they should be held responsible.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Like I've said before, these small time, petty criminal hackers were better off not trying to make a big splash. They do not have the resources to hide from governments.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
They are criminals that support the thieves, terrorists and traitors.

Everytime they say they're doing something for my freedoms, it ends up negatively affecting me, my friends or my family. I have no sympathy.

They got what they deserved.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Anonymous is like sand. The more TPTB squeeze them, the more of them slip through their fingers.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
What about the anonymous criminals who pull the strings of the world's governments. When will THEY be arrested?

just as soon as their parents let them stay up past 9pm....

top topics

join