It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Owned Companies & Products

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
[snipped material that violated the linked Term]

The Global Corporate take over of the Worlds food supply is at stake here.

Buy goods from your local farmer's market if you can.

Please feel free to add to this list and also share it with your friends and family.

en.wikipedia.org...

Monsanto's development and marketing of genetically engineered seed and bovine growth hormone, as well as its aggressive litigation, political lobbying practices, seed commercialization practices and "strong-arming" of the seed industry[4] have made the company controversial around the world and a primary target of the alter-globalization movement and environmental activists. In 2009 Monsanto came under scrutiny from the U.S. Justice Department, investigating whether its activities in the soya-bean markets were breaking anti-trust rules.

How to avoid GMO/Monsanto

Monsanto Corporate Watch

[snipped]

They have even taken up buying stock in many Organic Foods Companies

The Corporate Corruption of Organics

www.organicconsumers.org...

Millions Against Monsanto

www.corpwatch.org...

Small Brands, Big Owners

What have organic brands Health Valley (cereals), Bearitos (corn chips), Bread Shop (granola) and Celestial Seasonings (tea) have in common? These apparently independent companies are all owned by the Hain Celestial Group

Even though Hain Celestial is an organic giant in its own right, it has even bigger owners. According to research by Paul Glover and Carole Resnick of the Greenstar Food Coop (Ithaca, New York) the company's investors include Philip Morris, Monsanto, Citigroup, Exxon-Mobil, Wal-Mart and aerospace military contractor Lockheed Martin. And in September 1999 the H. J. Heinz food conglomerate bought a 20% stake in Hain Celestial.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Hain Celestial Group is a food company whose main focus is natural and organic foods and personal care products. Their products range from herbal teas, offered through their Celestial Seasonings brand to organic free range chickens from the FreeBird brand.[1][2] They also provide organic, whole grain foods through Arrowhead Mills, founded in 1960 by Frank Ford of Hereford, the seat of Deaf Smith County, west of Amarillo, Texas. The H. J. Heinz Company acquired 19.5% of the company in 1999,[3] but subsequently divested itself of all holdings in 2005.[4] The company assumed its current form in May 2000 through the merger of the Hain Food Group with Celestial Seasonings, Inc.

Monsanto and Big Pharma

Some Monsanto ties to USA Government

Monsanto now owns Blackwater

Down with Monsanto

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Terms and Conditions of Use
edit on Wed Feb 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: .IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Thu Mar 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Mar 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: ATS does not allow cross-posting

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Christ, well there goes my diet.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I think you just about listed everything I eat on a daily basis. Sorry, I'm not ready to give it all up just yet.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
From this list the only thing I eat is "Crunchy Nut" cereals from Kellogs, but I guess I could do without it...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I know it's practically impossible to avoid them all.

Some of the companies & items listed Monsanto is just a stock holder.

If possible try to find replacement products.

Every little bit helps.

Check out some of the links I posted.

There really is no escape from this rabbit hole at the moment.

But we need to try and crawl our way out or it will just keep getting deeper and deeper.

EDIT:

If you haven't already seen this documentry I highly recommend it

edit on 29-2-2012 by ThirdRock69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I think I will starve!!!!

Actually, these days I do most of my shopping at Aldi stores. Alot of their brands are name brands in Aldi packaging...I have been doing research to find out who supplies them I do know their dairy products come from a local dairy company. Just happened to see everything delivered. It is shocking to think of the food we are eating that may be tainted or genetically modified. I don't know if that is a rabbit hole I want to go down. But thank you for the research starting point.
edit on 29-2-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Thanks for the info.

I've been wondering lately about just what they own and now you have shown me the way.

I will do my best to avoid most but there are some on there that will take a bit more will power.

Thanks again. S&F.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Another Must see documentary

Food Inc. Full Movie

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I am printing this out to take with me when I go shopping.
Monsanto will not get a single dime of mine if I can help it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Is that list correct?

Unilever is on that list, and although they might be also into GM food, i stiil think they are not part of Monsanto.

Unilever is one of the Dutch global giants.
edit on 29-2-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Here's an article about Unilever selling seed to Monsanto

articles.latimes.com...

Unilever said it has agreed to sell its Plant Breeding International unit to Monsanto Co. for $524 million in cash, the latest deal by St. Louis-based Monsanto to expand in the lucrative seed business. PBI produces and sells crop varieties worldwide and has significant breeding programs for winter wheat, barley, rapeseed oil, beans, peas and potatoes. London-based Unilever's sale of the unit is part of its effort to focus on consumer goods and build its food, home and personal-care products businesses. The deal includes plant breeding operations in Scotland and France and a German affiliate. Monsanto itself agreed in June to be bought by American Home Products Corp. for $39 billion. Monsanto's stock rose $1.81 to close at $55.56 on the NYSE.

They partner with Monsanto in Lobbying the Federal Government

www.corporatewatch.org...

EDIT:

You are correct that Monsanto does not own Unilever. They are however business partners and work together towards a similar agenda. Thank you for pointing that out. Monsanto has become the poster child for the GMO, GE food/agri business but they are not the only company involved.

Many of the Companies listed are not directly owned by Monsanto. Monsanto itself is owned primarily by Pharmacia who holds 85% of Monsanto stock. Monsanto and it's subsidiaries are stock holders in many other companies. It is a huge web of corporate giants all in partnership.

Impossible to avoid. They (global conglomerates) have permeated every aspect of the modernized World.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdRock69

Tnx, they are interconnected indeed, but not owned.

Most people don't know Unilever, but they would be surprised to see how many products they use them self from that company.

Just imagine you have a company and every day you sell 160.000.000 products!!!

160 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.

Source: Unilever

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Unilever is definitely bigger than Monsanto. They are based in the UK.

I am in the US and Monsanto has just about taken over and ruined the farming and agricultural business here.

Their legal tactics and strong arm pushing of their products on small business is IMO a crime against humanity.

I can only imagine how far this goes if we followed the money up the corporate ladder and the food chain/

I wasn't aware of Unilever. The name did sound familiar though. Thanks for your contribution.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I now know what that sinking feeling really feels like, those nameless sons of nameless fathers will screw everyone given time, I have great grand children, just what will their lives be like?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Wow pretty depressing to say the least thanks for posting however even if we manage to boycott 90% of their products or affiliated products it won't make a dent as the sheeple will continue to buy them in their cluelesness/apathy. Still good info for our own health.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the list of wonderful companies that supply us with such safe and useful products. I'll be proud to purchase from them according to my conscience.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Ive got a great idea-lets challenge the top management of Monsanto to PROVE to us that their products are safe for human consumption..we make a Big Brother-style show,to be aired globaly-then they go into a house for one month,with nothing to eat,except food products manufactured by their own company,and from crops sprayed with their pesticides,etc..an eat or starve,pal!-situation..wonder how many would suddenly develop anorexia..

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Thank you will be keeping this lists on hand. I also feel people make the biggest dent when they boycott by leaving messages in the Stores suggestion box, and talking the manager, informing others, and writing to those companies as well to tell them they lost your dollar and you're going to inform everyone you know.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdRock69

See why its pointless to hate monsanto? they are so big they can't just close. they must change there ways

GMOs are safe for human consumption(scientifically proven hypothesis's)
Pesticides ARE NOT SAFE for human consumption. Got it (Based out thousands of a scientifically tested hypothesis's)

edit on 2/29/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join