It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Owned Companies & Products

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bigwig22

Or is there another option that i don't know of?

There are other options if you look for them. I actually have heard that NYC has quite a few farmers markets and also companies who will deliver fresh farm foods to you door.

The delivery services are more expensive than your corner market but I think the farmers markets are more reasonable.

Farmer Outreach

www.governor.ny.gov...

Seven new markets are in the process of being launched in Harlem, Niagara Falls, Mount Vernon, Queens, the Bronx, Utica, and Sharon Springs. Three new youth markets, which employ local residents, are being launched in Brooklyn and Nassau County, and a community-garden farmers market is being launched in Queens. Existing markets in several other locations, including the large, well-known North Tonawanda market, and mobile markets in Buffalo, Syracuse, and Central New York, which will deliver farm produce to senior centers and other central points of contact, will accept EBT or food stamps for the first time, broadening the reach of these markets to underserved members of area communities. A full list of FreshConnect markets appears below.

www.amny.com...

New Yorkers interested in getting local, seasonal produce (and in some cases, eggs and dairy) straight from a farm have been signing up for community-supported agriculture more and more in recent years.

What’s a CSA?
Local farmers offer some of their “shares” to the public. Consumers buy a share — or membership — and a box of seasonal produce every week through the farming season.

These CSAs are still accepting customers. It’s not a bad way to mark Earth Day.

edit on 29-2-2012 by ThirdRock69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2012 by ThirdRock69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
OP while your fight against Monsanto is admirable and justified given their track record, the companies you listed may include GMO-infected products made from Monsanto seeds, but they are not owned by Monsanto.

Hope this link clears things up:

www.snopes.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Grab your heirloom veggie seeds, and grow your own peeps!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

This thread is being reopened...with the reminder that any and all talk about boycotts or any other organized effort will be removed, and the member warned. With the possibility the thread be permanently closed.

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Terms and Conditions of Use

edit on Thu Mar 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Mar 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Sorry for the mistake in the OP.

Also, the title of this list is misleading. These companies and products are not necessarily owned by Monsanto.

They are products that use GMO from Monsanto and also companies who Monsanto owns stock in.

I should have emphasized that point more to prevent confusion.

Thanks for the feed back.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Well I have to object to that last comment. As a researcher myself, I would kindly request you provide the proven and irrefutable facts that GMOs are harmless to humans, please. I am sure the scientific community will crown you with the Nobel Prize since there isn't a single credible report that hasn't been filtered by PR goons of large food corps... On the other hand, please see this very recent link that says quite the contrary:
www.theatlantic.com...

You can also see the actual research report here: www.nature.com... provided you have some background knowledge on DNA research, otherwise it might just be "chinese" to the layman (pun intended).
edit on 2-3-2012 by KennethHarwer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Very Informative thread, also very disturbing for several reasons already diccussed in this thread. The close alliance with our federal government, was shocking and would certainly seem to be a BIG conflict of interest to the people they "should" represent.

I'm also confused about what the objection was from ATS, that people were saying they would boycott Monsanto products? That's a no-no?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Great thread OP

Thanks for all the info

S&F

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm just learning of the powerhouse Monsanto's alarmingly long, evil reach into politics and food monopolies. It is my belief that large "for profit" corporations are at the heart of all our problems. From humanitarian calamities to far reaching government coruption. It's absolutely sickening what these multinationals can get away with.

Thanks much for this informative thread.

Peace,

DP

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
www.ksl.com...

First reply trying to add a link.

Heard this story on NPR today, initially amazed at the settlement. Its not disclosed, but NPR reports monsanto took a $450,000,000 loss this quarter to pay BYU for an enzyme that created Celbrex.

"But a footnote in Pfizer's quarterly financial report released Tuesday refers to a "$450 million charge in connection with an agreement-in-principle to settle a lawsuit by Brigham Young University related to Celebrex."

Had some difficulty finding this "Monsanto Net Worth" but $54 TRILLION in Sept 2010. logisticsmonster.com...

I am just shaking my head at the staggering settlement and the net worth of the company. $450 million is a drop in the bucket. I have read a lot of posts about Monstanto, but this story unnerved me. I have a better understanding of money and power. I really didn't care about them genetically changing plants, but I had no idea how much of my life they are involved in. Monsanto showed me that a company like this can control so much, it can genetically engineer just about anything it wants.

Creepy! Especially when I think its just a natural born human with no greater brain than my own running the Monsanto show. I will now keep a closer watch on this topic.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Bit off topic...but would explain a lot.

Why do I think that Monsanto...is Mysatan?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This corporation is a disgrace and is polluting the world's food supply big time. People need to be aware of just how big it actually is now, and the levels of influence it has in many places.

If anyone reading this has a blog, etc that's about activism, corruption, whatever, help spread the message! This corporation could actually cause millions of deaths if its poison reaches enough people in the world and it stays alive with this level of power throughout future generations.

Please be aware of just how dangerous this corporation is.

A few links :

Monsanto Prevents GMO Safety Tests and research into their product

Monsanto's Deep Roots In Washington

Monsanto Threatens to Sue Vermont over GMO Labeling Bill

Finally another ATS thread here : The GMO Labeling Initiative WILL Be on the Ballot in California!

edit on 11-5-2012 by robhines because: typo

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Want to know why there's mass deaths of Bees?

Poland is the first country to formally acknowledge the link between Monsanto's genetically engineered corn and the Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) that's been devastating bees around the world, but it's likely that Monsanto has known the danger their GMOs posed to bees all along. The biotech giant recently purchased a CCD research firm, Beeologics, that government agencies, including the US Department of Agriculture, have been relying on for help unraveling the mystery behind the disappearance of the bees.

Now that it's owned by Monsanto, it's very unlikely that Beeologics will investigate the links, but genetically engineered crops have been implicated in CCD for years now.

Stop the Mass Death of Bees!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
thanks for the informative read! If you eat right, you mind and body will work at the capacity of our ancestors..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join