It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever seen someone around then found out they died prior to you seeing them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Firstly, I apologise for the crap title. I'm suffering brain death at the moment and couldn't think of a short title which would convey exactly what I wanted to discuss

Anyway, has anyone else ever seen someone you personally know (or knew, as the case may be) and then found out that they had passed away before you saw them?

I ask because a strange thing happened to me a few years ago, and another thread kinda reminded me of it, but it wasn't the right place to discuss this particular experience.

When I was around 16, I had a friend called David. He was a year older than me, had a nervous tic and was a little bit troubled. He was in foster care, and one of those kids that just desperately wanted to be loved. He lived down the road from me, and used to come to my house to hang out with me and my brother. He didn't really like being at home with his foster family, so we'd let him come to our house, and he was generally a really nice kid.

We kinda dated in that juvenile way, nothing serious as we were only young, but we were good friends, and we became quite close. Either way, we grew up and as usually happens, we grew apart a bit, he stopped coming round so much and we moved on. However, any time we'd see him, he'd tip his cap at us, or doff it in a way we thought was funny.

One day when I was about 18, my mum and I were walking into town. On the corner of the High St used to be a bank, and as we were walking up, I saw him standing outside by a stop sign which was round the corner from where he was living, and I said to Mum, "There's David," and we said hi and he tipped his cap at us and smiled and we walked round the corner and into the High St.

We did the things we needed to do, and we grabbed a local paper then went to sit down and have some lunch.
While we were waiting, mum was reading the paper, and she just exclaimed, "NO!" really loudly. Then looked at me, and looked back at her paper. I asked what was wrong, and she said David had been killed in a fire!
I took the paper from her, and it was about how drunk guys had gone round to one of the flats in the block David lived in, and when whoever they were after didn't open the door, they threw lit projectiles at the windows, and it set fire around David's flat which was the floor below the intended recipient of their sh#, and David had died as a result.

But we had just seen him that morning. There was no mistaking him, his characteristic greeting, the clothes he was wearing.

It's sad that David doesn't seem to have any remembrance pages but the other guy does.

Anyway, has anyone had any similar experiences?
I'm not one for sentimentality, but I kinda feel like David wanted to say goodbye to us one last time, for just being kind to him, and accepting him.

News Story
edit on 28-2-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Haven't had that, although I have seen people around up to 4 months after they died and were buried. As in, I was there at the funeral, saw in the casket, watched it happen...the BAM! I kept seeing them around. Dunno if it was my mind playing tricks, or ghosts, or what, but it was creepy, of that there is no doubt!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Actually, yes. Growing up I lived in a very rural town in Ohio and our neighbors had a grass airstrip which was used for light aircraft and ultra-lights.

When I was about 17 and driving home one Saturday, my brother and I were chatting away in the car as we came down the road we lived on. Just before turning into our driveway we saw our neighbor, Mr. Pearce, standing at the end of the airstrip so we waved, to which he replied with a smile and a wave.

As we entered the house my mother said, "I need to tell you two something. Mr Pearce crashed his ultra-light into a field down the street about 3 hours ago and he was killed"

I looked at my brother and he looked at me. All the color was gone from his face and I'm sure I was quite a pale sight as well. We explained to my mother that we had just saw him on the airstrip and told her that he smiled and waved at us.

She of course told us we were nuts and there was no way. To this day whenever I visit my old town I am reminded of that incident and it still gives me chills 24 years later.
edit on 28-2-2012 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2012 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I've never personally experienced anything like this but my wife has. Her best friend was killed in a car accident about 6-7 years ago. The day she died she got a phone call from her but she couldn't talk long as she was at work. She said that it just didn't sound like her and that she seemed really calm (which is not like her). Anyways, the time of death given by the police was before her call came in on her cell phone. We double checked the phone records and it was 10-15 minutes after she died. So we either think it was a final good bye or it was just bad time judgement by the law.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I could have swore I saw my dog a couple months after it died out of the corner of my eye. But it was just my brain playing tricks on me. The brain connects dots where there are none and will make you see things that aren't really there. A lot of people look alike as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yup grew up in the country and about 10 years ago went back down all the old roads. The old man next door was walking from the house to the barn when I went by. It made me think he was getting around pretty good for a guy??? Then it hit me he would have to be over 100 by a ways. Ran into his son the next day and mentioned the homestead and he said it was sold a couple of years earlier and nobody was living there. I went back by and the place was a mess nothing like a couple of days earlier. HUMMMMM

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
this give's me faith that we never truely pass just our pysical form,i would be creeped iff you actualy talked to him or made any kind of pysical conact, maby he needed to say bye one last time in a way he saw fit,this thread has given me goosebumps which i cant rembemer the last time that has happend,s&f

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

time travel???

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
not me personally, but mum did. she reported that after arriving our hometown, she saw the granddaddy of her neighbor sitting on the porch of his summer cabin and smiling as he usually would every summer, and they exchanged greets.she comes home, tells dad about how glad she was seeing him alive and kickin that year as well and bang! dad says he just heard he passed during that winter.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Similar thing happened to me but with our late cat rather than a person.

It was fairly late as we had been out all day (the wife and I) we got to the back door to go into the house and sure enough there was the cat meowing and waiting to go in. We went into the house as normal, though I don't recall if the cat came in or not.

Now the strange thing is, next day our neighbour comes around holding our cat which was clearly dead. The neighbour was very upset as she had found our cat had been hit by a car and killed the previous day (the day of the night we returned home)

I always thought it was a strange scenario and thought I might be losing my marbles but when I asked the wife, she also said she definitely remembers that saw the cat waiting at the door also.... Weird but true
edit on 28-2-2012 by Riakennor because: spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Could be I have knowledge of a few othet homes before they were remodeled or changed before I was born. Don't know why but it seems to be property that I can see it as it used to be

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
1.Not a person but my cat. He woke me up one morning with his loud purring but when i got up to talk to him he wasn't there. I could still hear him so I thought he was on the floor instead of the bed. I looked all around the bed then noticed the door was closed anyway. I could still hear him purring then it faded. About an hour later we discovered he'd been hit by a car and crawled home injured to sit under the chair outside the back door. The vet put him to sleep later on.

2. I had a very strange dream about aliens and a little blonde speccy boy, we were in a hospital that's not the one nearest to me, but I know it. That same night a friend saw a black "frightened" shadow person in his room. Next day we found out a mutual friend was killed by a car, he was taken to the same hospital in my dream and died there. He was fair-haired and wore specs.

3. One morning I woke up to the phone ringing. It was my mum who told me "grandad died last night" I burst into tears and went back to bed. It was so real I didn't know which way was up when I found out it was only a dream. "I answered the phone and heard you!" I remember telling her later.
About 5 years later I woke up to the phone and my mum telling me "grandad died last night".

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
First time it happened i was 10 years old.My grandfather was sick in the hospital and one morning,while i was alone in my bedroom,i saw him standing in the door.He smiled at me and then just gone.10 minutes later my mother called at home to tell us that grandpa was dead.

In 1999 when a very good friend of mine died,one night before i find out that he was gone,i saw a dream with him and me,being in the bar that we used to work.We were just the two of us and he said:One more drink before i go.
We drunk it and then he walks out the door and i followed him.Then he turned and told me:You can't come where i go,at least not yet.He disappeared and a wall appeared in front of the door.The same night another friend saw him standing in his bedroom door.Next day we found out about his accident.

And finally last year one night i woke up,screaming the name of a friend of mine.I can't remember a dream or anything else,but next morning i found out he was dead.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
if the parallel universe theory is true, your counterpart in another universe may meet the person who might be alive in there and there may be some sort of shift induced by your energy on that specific instance. dunno, just speculating here.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Like I mentioned in my OP, it's kinda nice that some people, especially David, saw us as special enough to say goodbye to us one last time.
He was such a nice guy, a bit nervous and twitchy, and it makes me sad that I've searched extensively for a memorial or something for him, and he's not remembered. It's bad enough that he had a hard life to start with, I'd hate for him to be forgotten, so I don't think I'd ever forget him because of this.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

you talk to cats

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I twisted the truth there. I had a white bedspread on and I got up to shout at him and chase him away, cos he had big dirty feet that worked like ink stamps on everything they touched.

I talk to my other cats tho.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

You don't have a title darl'in. You're presenting a question . Perfectly legite and an interesting topic. I have had a friend of mine in high school tell me that Lynyrd Skynyrd went down in a plane crash and tell me exactly who lived and who died. Trouble with what he told me was ? He told me one week before it happened. I was overwelmed. I actually sat the maniac down and grilled him for at least half an hour. He swore up and down
he saw it on the evening news. I told him, " You really got me tripp'in" and I still do.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Same here with a cat. Our siamese, Epicenter, had four kittens, all white lilac points. One died shortly after birth. We buried it in the backyard. A few days later I came out of my bedroom and saw one of the kittens at the doorway to a second bedroom. I didn't think much of it except to wonder where Mom (Epi) was and why she let one of her kittens astray. I went downstairs and there was Epi curled up with her three kittens.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The answer would be a Yes!

Aunt Jean was dying of terminal cancer some years back, while she lie on her death, in a hospital bed people began to gather. The family was there to comfort her passing on, so many people showed up that some of us elected to go down the hall to the general waiting area.

I was one of those people. I was a bit tired from a long day at work so I sat on the couch at the hospital. I must have dose off to sleep, because I started to dream, or actually what I thought was a dream.

Aunt Jean, came to me and she look really refreshed and beautiful.

I remember thinking wow they must have given her a miracle cure, and before I could say one word she said: "It is so beautiful and I feel good now, tell everyone it's time for me to go". I felt a wonderful sense of peace as I watched here leave, but thinking why don't you tell everyone yourself.

As this thought was going on in my head/dream the head nurse came and woke me from a sound sleep and said: "your Aunt is starting to pass on, you may want to go and be with her".

I told the nurse: "It's OK she already passed on and said good-bye to me" The nurse looked baffled, just as I said that some of my relatives came out of the room sobbing saying Jean just passed on. The nurse looked really surprised at that point.

I felt a great sense of peace from that day forward.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join