It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever seen someone around then found out they died prior to you seeing them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That's pretty cool if you are remembering the events in order. As older folk sometimes do, we may mix up things in our heads... just messing with you. You must be the same age as me if you were in high school when the original Skynyrd was around before the crash. Actually, I think when that happened I was out of school for a year or two. Ooh that smell...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

The kids name Dean Jones he and I became real good friends for a time after that. No chance for oldtimers being apart of that. As I said he acknowledged it, tho he understood less then I did. Very odd.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Dean Jones told you that? I guess that's not the same Dean Jones that was in all those Disney movies... He was born in '31.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by randyvs

Dean Jones told you that? I guess that's not the same Dean Jones that was in all those Disney movies... He was born in '31.

Look up Dean Jones in the phonebook. Pretty common name..

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I personally haven't experienced seeing someone who died, as you've described. That's very strange!
There is a phenomenon where someone will see or hear about a really famous actor, singer, or musician in the news, then gets freaked out because they're certain that person has died.

I have a friend who is an investigative journalist and has been a crime reporter. He's like Sherlock Holmes. Nothing gets by him. We were discussing classic films a while back with a couple other friends, and my reporter buddy mentioned a very famous actor from the golden age. I said the guy was like 98 years old now. My friend had no doubt the guy died years ago, and remembered seeing his funeral in great detail all over the news. This was absolutely not a case of confusing the actor with someone else. When we confirmed the actor was still alive he was dumbfounded. It changed his whole perception. He's a better journalist for having experienced it. He's like a super detective now.

One of those mysteries that really make you go "hmmmmmm"...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the brilliant responses. Perhaps there are some bonds in life that are worth recognising and acknowledging one last time before we pass on.
Maybe when our times are up, we will wish to say goodbye one last time to those we love, who knows?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Reading all of these experiences brings back the memory of what I experienced when my own dad passed away 10 years ago. He had been progressively getting worse over the last 5 years of his life due to Parkinsons and Alzheimer's to the point where he could no longer walk and was confined to a wheelchair. Before he lost the ability to walk, he would shuffle his feet since he was unable to effectively lift them due to stiffness in his knees. It was a distinct sound and we always knew before he entered a room that he was on his way....and laughed as he often got a static shock because of the carpet.

Fast forward to late December of '01. That Christmas Eve, he had slipped into a coma due to severe dehydration at the nursing home (he had trouble swallowing liquids). He was taken to the hospital, where he remained in a coma for several more days. On the afternoon of the 29th, I called my mom and told them I was coming back in to visit him that evening, but she told me to wait until tomorrow because he was awake, alert, and laughing and joking with her and my brother earlier in the day. She said that as she was walking out of his room he smiled and waved in very playful way. The doctors said he was doing great and should be released within a week.

That made my day and year for that matter as it had been a sad year and stressful. I went out to dinner with my wife and we came home around 9:00 PM. We were sitting on the couch for awhile watching the fire in the fire place and both of us, at almost the same instant, said, "do you feel a chill??" We both had got cold chills, although it was quite cozy in the living room. Within 5 minutes the phone rings and it was my brother, telling me that dad was slipping away and I should get there ASAP. It was 9:35 PM when we hopped into the car....when we arrived at the hospital he was already gone. I asked my brother when he died, and he said the time of death was 9:30 according the the doctors. He had been in the wating area calling my three sisters, and called me last...and wasn't aware he had passed already when he called me. I was devastated, not only at his passing, but also that since it was suddenly so unexpected so soon, due to his recovery. And of course, I did not get to say goodbye.

We arrived back home at 1:00 AM and of course couldn't sleep....we laid in bed and just chatted and she comforted me...suddenly an all-to-familiar shuffling sound came from down the hall...(I still get chills as I type this as I did back then)...she turned and asked, "do you hear that?" "There's someone in the house!" We got up and walked down the hall into the living room where the cat was huddled under the end table and would not come out (she always came running when anyone was around - very friendly). She definitley was acting weird. The sound stopped and we did not see anything....we went back to bed, although we left the hall light on due to feeling uneasy now,....and within 5 minutes the sound began again...

By this time we were really freaked out and it was then I realized that it may actually be my dad in the house, and letting me know it was him by the sound of his feet on the carpet. I was both scared and intrigued, finding it unimaginable. This went on for an hour, off and on....by this time my wife had closed her eyes and turned on her left side toward the window. I was laying on my back and just closed my eyes to try to get some rest...within a few seconds the sound abruptly stopped and I opened my eyes to a grey, misty figure leaning over me with his right hand outstretched within a foot of me....I let out a loud gasp which caused the form to disintegrate and disipate. I knew it was my dad because of the shape of his face - like a person but without sharp features...but definitely him! we both just sat upright and stared and listened, but the sound or misty figure never came back again....

I know now that since I never got to say goodbye, my dad came to me to say goodbye. It has made me a believer and I have found much peace in my life since then....

Sorry so long - but that's my story.........

Thanks for reading....ET

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
My dad used to tell us a story about his grandmother. Apparently, her brother fought in WWI. Anyway, she went out to the privy one night, and when she came out she saw her brother. She even spoke to him. She was quite excited and ran in the house to tell everyone he was home. However, when everyone came outside he wasn't there. They later found out that he died the day she saw him.

I never saw anything, but my grandfather died when I was out of the country. Nobody told me anything, but as I was on the flight home, I just knew he had passed. I got very emotional and spoke of him in the past tense to one of the people I was with about him. My family didn't have to tell me when I got off the plane, I already knew. I was very close to my grandfather.

ETA: In my faith, Orthodox Christianity, it is commonly believed that a soul can visit people and places for two days after death, but moves on after the third day. We will celebrate a memorial for the departed on the 1st, 3rd, 9th, and 40th days after death, and then on the yearly anniversary of their death.
edit on 3-3-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ETeeTime

Wow! Thats a tale and a half, I got the willies while reading it

My friend has a 'shuffler' in the hallway to her bedroom. Her house used to be some kind of stables/stagecoach stop, and where her bedroom is situated, it's above what used to be the stables, in the hay loft. She has a hall way at the back of the house with a short corridor (maybe ~10ft) and then some stairs that turn up into her room etc.
Some nights she can hear a shuffling in her corridor, and any time I've been there, I've desperately wanted to hear it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

My grand father is 84 today, and he is currently under going treatment for his second lot of cancer. I've never lost a close family member yet (that I know of, and I'll get to that) and I think perhaps either him or my grandma will be the first. I'm the only grand child who gets Christmas presents of birthday cards because I'm the only grand child who bothers with seeing them, taking my son round to see them etc. I hope if something should happen, I get a chance to say goodbye, in one way or another.

What is the significance of the numbers in which you remember the departed?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
No. And I would never stop thinking it's a prank.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join