It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adulterer may be hanged instead of stoned......oh, that's good then..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
A woman due to be stoned to death for adultery could be hanged instead.

The Daily Mail reports that Iranian authorities were moving ahead with plans to execute the woman but were reconsidering what punishment to carry out.

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, in jail serving a 10-year sentence for the murder of her husband, was sentenced to death by stoning for adultery after suffering years of abuse at the hands of her drug addict husband.

au.news.yahoo.com...

What is wrong with these people?
Public stoning? Chuck rocks at peoples heads in the middle of the street? Repeatedly untill death?

Neolithic Animals.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Other nations don't execute "criminals" too? As a point of possible interest for you, public executions (hung, hung drawn and quartered, etc) in the UK were quite well attended apparently. We aren't that much different.
ETA I think hanging would be the less painful option.
edit on 28/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Why are they taking her life if she didn't take a life? I thought it was supposed to be an "eye for a eye" thing?

Edit to add: yes, she did kill her husband, a opium addict who beat her. I think they need to ammend their "hadiths" as it is clear they don't cover this situation. I hope God gives the judges their just desserts for this.
edit on 2/28/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Lethal injection may seem less cruel, but it is just as insane thinking you have authority over another's life no matter what they did.

tragic story though.
edit on 28-2-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oh yeah for sure, history has it's wicked details, but I hope we have matured a little since then.

Although, some say they (Iran and surrounding areas) are still back in the middle ages when it comes to there culture and beliefs.

I think there method of punishment is appauling.

Sleeping with another bloke, gets you publicly stonned? Bloody hell!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Other nations don't execute "criminals" too?

Um...not for adultery and many of these cases are really not proven. more Muslem peace.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Right on.

Stupid any which way I look at it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Penal Laws in Islam

The Penalty for Highway Robbery: Another crime that is specified in the Quran is highway robbery. The punishment of a highway robber may take one of these forms depending on the seriousness of the case. The robber may be put to death, or crucified, or have his hand and leg cut off on opposite sides, or imprisoned. Of course, highway robbers threaten the security of the society, endanger the lives of individuals, and rob persons of their money. If such persons are punished softly, the result is more and more robbers as is the case of countries that deal with such criminals leniently. On the contrary, in a country like Saudi Arabia, which applies Islamic penal laws, we find that the cases of murder and robbery are the fewest in the whole world. We must remember that the function of the punishment is double: the criminal himself is punished for what he has committed and other persons in the same community are warned not to commit similar crimes.

edit on 28-2-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
Lethal injection may seem less cruel, but it is just as insane thinking you have authority over anothers life no matter what they did.

tragic story though.

I agree with your post but, do you know that they sterilize the needle used for a lethal injection?
Sorry, I had to say that, it just seems so odd to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Even the last meal is a joke, "yeah we show some compassion they can eat anything they want....before we execute them". Twisted world where the most advanced nation in the world still uses capital punishment. Lets all move to Norway.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

True, but this is not other nations, it's their nation and their laws. That's not me saying I condone it but why get angry over how another country treats its citizens when we have just as much to complain about but on different matters. I notice the source is the Daily Mail too, not the most reliable rag around.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I agree, not the most reliable.

But have looked on the net for this very subject and the evidence is overwhelming. Sad really.

Seems a husband can get his wife stoned in public at a drop of the hat? ....She screwed my neighbour seems to do it! As quick as that.

But it's ok chaps, we don't even get a say..........we even get to throw rocks!!! Wahey!!!! brilliant!!
edit on 28-2-2012 by CaptainBeno because: forgot a bit.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Theres something wrong with the headline "Adulterer may be hanged instead of stoned"...
Because the article says she is also guilty of murder.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yeah, it says she murdered her abusive ex who was an opium addict.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Public stoning? Chuck rocks at peoples heads in the middle of the street? Repeatedly untill death?

How is that any worse than high voltage burning someone's brains from the inside out?

The first description of the electric chair is as 'Blood vessels under the skin ruptured and bled, and the areas around the electrodes singed. The entire execution took about eight minutes. George Westinghouse later commented that "they would have done better using an axe,"[7] and a witnessing reporter claimed that it was "an awful spectacle, far worse than hanging."'

American's publicly execute people, too. Does the way we do it make us any better than these 'neolithic animals'?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Will you personally pay for each and every serial killer's incarceration costs? I'd prefer my tax dollars to go towards a pay raise for teachers, you?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

If you don't live there it's none of your business what they do to people. I'd rather be hung there is no such thing as hanged its HUNG then stoned to death.

Well there is such a thing but your english is flawed.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

So I take you agree with capital punishment? To answer your question yes I would rather pay for someone to spend their life in prison rather than executing them.

As a citizen, I acknowledge that I have to pay for my brother citizens needs, as they pay for mine, even those who are rapists or muderers to have a chance at rehabilitation. Obviously American (or in my case Canadian) prisons do not cater to the ideology that every human can be rehabilitated, so they spend their life rotting away at the expense of the population.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I think this conversation might derail the thread, if you would like to please consider starting a thread on the death sentence. For a possible thread title consider, "Ted Bundy Deserved To Live Via Rehabilitation" Good Luck! I am so sure you would have welcomed him into your house to live with your family.

Edit to add: Oh no, if you had done that you wouldn't be here now to protest it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
A woman due to be stoned to death for adultery could be hanged instead.

The Daily Mail reports that Iranian authorities were moving ahead with plans to execute the woman but were reconsidering what punishment to carry out.

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, in jail serving a 10-year sentence for the murder of her husband, was sentenced to death by stoning for adultery after suffering years of abuse at the hands of her drug addict husband.

au.news.yahoo.com...

Neolithic Animals.

Two wrongs don't make a right and I do not believe in this but are you aware of the horrors of bombing let's just say the Iraqi's - wont mention anyone else.
Are you aware of white phosphorous?
Hmm i'm starting to sound a little muslim these past few hours. I'm not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join