It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adulterer may be hanged instead of stoned......oh, that's good then..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

I dont think this is derailing the thread, I'm sure mods will interject if that is the case. I will leave the subject of rehabilitation out of this and keep it about capital punishment.

Now I dont see the need to jump to such an extreme as "welcoming ted bundy to come and live in my house..."
I can acknowledge that someone is not fit for society, so we must protect ourselves from them. My issue is where we decide to become murders ourselves. Really it comes down to whether or not it is society's role to punish someone. I believe society's duty is to enforce the freedom of its members, and ensure their safety, and to take away that freedom from those citizens that put the freedom of others in danger. I am willing to pay for this individual to sit in a prison rather than taking on the role of judge, and punish them. We dont know the first thing about what drives someone to kill another or perform whatever heinous act they did, obviously they are not normal, I would even say they are sick, and if I think about it that way it makes me far less inclined to agree with capital punishment.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Wrong..........i'm affraid..........fail.

no such thing as hanged its HUNG then stoned to death.

You should really learn English.

HANGED

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
May I just put it out there, I'm not a supporter of any capital punishment........ever, at all, full stop.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I have an answer but I will save it for the appropriate thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Ok -

If I do make a thread I will try to remember to PM you, and we can discuss it further.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Aww you're all just jealous.

Stoning in the head till death is just like EXTREME LAUGHING CLOWNS... I mean, if you get one in the mouth, you might just win the big prize!

Peace after all, is the name of the game. You want peace, nothing like resting in it to get you some good ol' afterlife cool aid.

Oh and anyone who's never seen a public stoning, where the woman is buried up to her neck and covered with a blanket which is tied around her, and then for 20-30 minutes people take turns to throw stones, go watch one, then come back and say it's comparable to electrocution..

Funny thing tho, I see people in the US and other countries say electrocution is barbaric and backwards.. don't hear many Imams and Sheikhs saying stoning is a terrible thing to do, we must stop it at once....

Ahh well, roll up roll up everyone's a winner..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I'm a little concerned by the posts that say "It's their country, their laws, how can an outsider judge it?" If that were true then any government could kill or enslave all of their citizens and no one could object. Slave labor camps in Communist countries, "That's fine, it's their country, they can do what they want."

That means there is no such thing as human rights, because human rights have to apply to every human, not just those fortunate enough to live in a country that respects them.

If we can't say any government's action is wrong, then we can't say any government's action is right either. Some fixed standard is needed. And if we can't say that any government's acts are wrong, then the government alone decides what is right and wrong. There is no conscience to appeal to, no Constitution, no UN Human Rights Commission, nothing that would stop the government from being an absolute dictator. No reason to prefer democracy to anything else, no reason to recognize any rights for the citizens.

I don't like it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The woman died for adultery, not for murder.

Ashtiani has been in prison since May 2006, when she was convicted of adultery and sentenced to 99 lashes. Later that year she was accused of murdering her husband. Those charges were dropped, but an inquiry into the adultery charge was reopened. She was, according to The Guardian, sentenced to death under a rule that allows judges to cite "judge's knowledge" and convict without evidence.

Where are all the morons that every month decide to open a thread like "LOOK AT THE BEAUTIFUL CULTURE IRAN HAS", or "LOOK HOW MODERN IRAN IS!" ?

Yeah, if they'd read this thread it will again be the infamous "it's their countries, their laws".

Iran is a 3rd world hellhole (yeah they have nice views and malls, but so do Gaza), and it's Islamic law are simply bringing it down even further.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It's absolutely fascinating to me how liberals are completely against the death penalty in the U.S. because it's barbaric and stone age but are totally for it when Iran does it. And it also makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

It's absolutely fascinating to me how liberals are completely against the death penalty in the U.S. because it's barbaric and stone age but are totally for it when Iran does it.

Bingo. Although I don't think people think it's" fine" when Iran perpetrates such barbaric practices ; apparently they make allowances for it because it is their "culture".

It used to be common everywhere else too, and although it still occurs, we are in the process of evolving past it. It's been abandoned in many states.

At least when *we* do, there is some respect for a person if only as a human being, and it is done in a private arena, and is quick.

edit on 2/28/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

don't hear many Imams and Sheikhs saying stoning is a terrible thing to do, we must stop it at once....

Some of the people I hang out with are Muslims. They are horrified by these actions of the Islamic regime and I can assure you that these practices are barbaric to the many, many Iranians inside Iran. I mean it's practically a trend now to cheat on your partner in Iran.
HOWEVER, there are extreme religious bastards in Iran who probably get off on executions, those people should be kicked out of Iran, regardless if they gave themselves the title of "Supreme Leader'' or whatever those nutjobs come up with. They are the enemies of Iran.

reply to post by BellaSabre

Bingo. Although I don't think people think it's" fine" when Iran perpetrates such barbaric practices ; apparently they make allowances for it because it is their "culture".

Well those people are simply put; retarded and lack life experience. No way it is in Iranian "culture'', it is in the ''culture'' of those religious dogs and clowns to do this to their fellow humans. I did not say fellow Iranians because obviously, those religious dogs have no right to call themselves Iranian.

Edit:

I hope that anyone who picks up a stone to throw, trips and breaks their neck.
edit on 28-2-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
A woman due to be stoned to death for adultery could be hanged instead.

The Daily Mail reports that Iranian authorities were moving ahead with plans to execute the woman but were reconsidering what punishment to carry out.

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, in jail serving a 10-year sentence for the murder of her husband, was sentenced to death by stoning for adultery after suffering years of abuse at the hands of her drug addict husband.

au.news.yahoo.com...

What is wrong with these people?
Public stoning? Chuck rocks at peoples heads in the middle of the street? Repeatedly untill death?

Neolithic Animals.

Meh. People who commit murder against people who commit adultery are no better. Sin is sin, God doesn't distinguish between one sin and the other. If theyre going to murder a woman because she had a moment of weakness then they need to kill themselves as well because not a man, woman or child alive now, or ever in history didn't suffer from a moment of weakness.

When will mankind ever learn the words mercy and forgiveness? Theyre not just commiting murder but theyre stealing too. Theyre stealing this woman's gift of life. This world is full of self righteous fools who believe they are doing right when theyre doing wrong instead.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I read over the replies since last night and someone (good catch!) noted that the woman is charged with murder. So, as usual, we have half-baked stories being spread in the press. Not much left to say imho.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Why the inflammed title. I do not agree with the death sentence. This women was a murderer.. Many countries execute for murder. Heck i read about a case in the US the other year when the executed a mentally retarded person...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Guys, she is NOT being stoned for murder. From the source article in the OP:

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, in jail serving a 10-year sentence for the murder of her husband, was sentenced to death by stoning for adultery after suffering years of abuse at the hands of her drug addict husband.
Her sentence for murder is 10 years, not death. She's getting death for adultery. There system is sentencing her to 10 years for killing him and to death for cheating on him. This IS as wrong as it looks.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yes.........BINGO!

10 Years for killing him.

Death........for playing around?

= stupid?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh brother, they are such animals! Execution in such an uncouth and uncivilized manner!

Here in America, we make sure we do our executions clean, and cultured, because that's the right way to do it. We ought to just bomb that country to teach them some gosh darn manners. Gee whiz, I got myself all red hot mad.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Oh brother, they are such animals! Execution in such an uncouth and uncivilized manner!

Here in America, we make sure we do our executions clean, and cultured, because that's the right way to do it.

Please, stop being an apologist and start using your head.

In your country you've got a thing called 'Court', with a person called a 'Judge', using something called 'Law'.
If you're caught committing an offense you are sent to a court where the evidence is presented and the judge sets your punishment according to the law, evidence and other factors.

As you can see from this thread, in Iran it goes like this:

Your husband made you miserable, you cheated on him, he beat you up, you killed him.
You are taken to a court where the judge has power to convict you without any evidence, and that court sentences you for 10 years for killing a person, and gives you a death penalty by stoning for CHEATING on your husband.

An uproar ensues and the court decides that stoning is too inhumane for this case since it is already a public issue, and sets the death penalty to something more fitting - hanging.

Now, you can be an apologist all you want, but comparing, even sarcastically, the law system in the western world to the Iranian one, only makes you look like a silly bun.

With regards, a person who knows the difference between law and Islamic law.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join