It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ghostly App that Could...or Not???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Evening all. I recently bought an iPhone and one evening when I was particularly bored, I started perusing through the "applications" section and came upon this free app called GhostGoggles. If any of you have ever read some of my posts, you'll know that I'm particularly sensitive to feeling and seeing different forms of energies (some of which could be considered by some people as spirits) so anything associated with the subject matter will usually peak my curiosity. So for grins and giggles I downloaded this app which supposedly allows you to see if there is anything paranormal in your immediate viewing area. Anything that is "ghost-like" will show up on your screen (accessed but not recorded through the camera tool) in any number of amusing characterizations (I've seen blobs, orbs, shadows, images of Casper, etc.). Anyway, I live in a house that is very old and like all old houses, it has accumulated energies from objects and people who have been here previously but I thought to myself "come on now - this is an iPhone app and can't possibly have any substance to it" so I was temporarily amused as I walked through room after room seeing an amazingly high number of various ghostly apparitions - just what I expected from a free amusement tool. Well, I finally got bored playing, turned off the app and intended to delete it the next day but this is when things started to get interesting.

I forgot to delete the app and while recently visiting my sister, I was playing games on my phone and came upon the app. I amusedly told her about this toy I had downloaded that supposedly picked up ghostly energies and described how I had felt somewhat foolish walking through my house looking at all of the "ghosts" that continuously popped up on the green screen. Of course she was curious and asked me to look through her house. She said that there was one particular spot in her apartment, in her bedroom, where she sometimes got a "feeling" that something was there. I told her to expect to see ghostly images all through the apartment because it's a toy and intended to give a cheap thrill but okay, we'll get a laugh or two so we started in her living room - up popped the green screen and we looked at the room through the screen and ..... nothing. Hmmm… Dining room nothing, BR #1 nothing, hallway leading to master bedroom nothing. Now I'm really confused and quickly decide that the darn thing must be programmed to go ballistic the first time you use it and then fizzles out, right? So we're finally in the master bedroom and we start scanning the room in the far corner. We scan the walls, the ceiling and the floor and get nothing until we come to the last wall on which my sister has a long dresser with a bureau. I start at the ceiling and as I scan down, a shadow appears right above the dresser and we follow it with the app as it moves toward the door and then disappears up into the ceiling. I'm busy looking through the room again with the app and finally realize that my sister is being very quiet. I’m sure you’ve all guessed what she says next and yes, you’re right - she says "I swear I'm not #ing with you when I say that's the exact spot I always get that strange feeling". This thing completely freaked her out and she asked me to turn it off and not say a word to her husband or he'll think we're both nuts.

Anyway, I've since returned home and have walked through my house to find, sure enough, a whole array of ghostly shadows and shapes pop up on the screen. So what does everyone think? Could it be that there's something to this app? Has anyone else ever tried it? I do believe that there are valid tools that will pick up energies and translate them into a solid representation but is it possible that something sold to Apple to be used as an iPhone app can be a legitimate tool? What does everyone think?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
wow thats pretty creepy, i def want to download it now but im kinda scared too lol. To be able to detect anything you think the camera would have to be able to detect other sensory information other than what is used to take a photo or video...but who knows lol

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

Well, if you do download it, let me know what you find. Thanks for responding!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Interested, yes. If it was free, you bet. I'm just not so sure it is worth the $.99 that it is asking for. Coming from a DROID to an iPhone, paying for these kinds of apps is kind of a bummer. Keep the thread updated, and I may eventually consider it. If I do get it, my wife already says she never wants to see it!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Interesting story. If the app is free I might just download it myself and maybe in the future post what I find

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thanks to the few who replied. This is typically not a subject I take lightly or "play" with and were it not my sister, I wouldn't have even given the darn thing any credence but I have to say that the different results in separate locations was surprising. Hopefully others will chime in who may have had the opportunity to try it out.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
When I first got my Droid, j downloaded an app that supposedly scanned? The area a.d would pick up words? Fro
Ghosts lol, it was a long time ago. It was fun for the night. Wish I could remember the name!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I am going to look into it....my daughter, step-mother and I have seen a shadow person in my house, I would love to see if it shows up!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
There's a whole hoard of Apps like this in the Apple store, If your looking for a free one Ghost Detector Pro is one, it also measures EVP and EMF as well as the Video scanning. Various others apps there as well. This is the best one i found so far.

The scary thing is about these apps is there is nothing in the Description on them about being for entertainment purposes only, so are they really measuring EMF and other phenomenons with the Magnetometer?
Only way to find out is try it.

edit on 26-2-2012 by Pegasus2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Just cracked and tested the app. It's a spoof app.

Edit : Trying Ghost Radar LOL

If you have a jailbroken apple device just crack the app. Don't buy it unless its legitimate.
edit on 26-2-2012 by jonthedit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
For those with a droid market theres an app called EMF Sensor. Its free. Hope it helps in your ghost searching

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jonthedit

I'm not one to try to capture these things on film or even try to validate them. I'm just one of those "lucky" people who can sense them - don't need any validation on that - so this is all very new to me. Just out of curiosity, why do you say it's a spoof app? Is that your own take based on the spoofy characterizations or do you know that from the developer? Again, just trying to figure out why it shows so much in my house and only one spot in my sister's (the spot she's felt things previously).

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Thanks for shareing your story with the rest of us. I will be sure to tryin download that app when I get my iphone in june. It could be legitimate if you didnt see anything in your sisters house except that 1 but everything was in your house twice. Do you have any history on your house?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I have just downloaded the Ghost Detector Pro app onto my ipod.

I walked all the way around my house (feeling a little nervous) but nothing happened. Im not sure if i am relieved or dissapointed with this result. Maybe i will try it out tonight in the darkness! (and when my husband is home!)

There is an in app purchase of 69p, which will remove the very annoying adds from the video screen.

I will test it out further tonight when im not on my own in the house!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Downloaded "ghost goggles" for Iphone from apple store.

It's perhaps not the one you're using...

This one has 'ghostbusters' type ghosts appearing in the room...

Presume yours is better?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
well if it didnt give you some kind of image to entertain your imagination with nobody would download the app..... $0.99 = not worth it....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Spent the evening with my children playing with my recently downloaded app, Ghost Detector Pro. After the initial worried looks, my children were excited to go on a ghost hunt throughout our house.

Fortunatly, or unfortunatly, we didnt find any ghosts. I was expecting some cheep ghost shots to pop up and scare us all, but nothing happened except for a few stupid ghostly sounds which were obviously fake.

The app does state it is for "novelty purposes only", so I can only conclude that you will not be able to pick up any real ghosts on it.

I am not sure how this will relate to the OP. If I were you I would seek real help and not rely on this app.

Happy ghost hunting!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
well if it didnt give you some kind of image to entertain your imagination with nobody would download the app..... $0.99 = not worth it....

I downloaded it to see if it was as good as the op made it out to be.

Obviously got suckered on this one!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I downloaded a ghost detector app along with a "voice box" app. That one actually gave me some interesting yet scary words whenever i asked it questions. I decided to ask a silly question like "Will I ever marry my boyfriend?" and it said "Hurt Never". I decided to delete it fairly quickly after that. Im strill trying to figure out if it meant, he"ll hurt you and never marry you or he will never hurt you (what he thinks lol) !

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
not sure if these are real or just for a bit of fun on halloween!

anyway here is some further info on some of the apps for iphone and android

www.ghost-science.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join