It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain’s battle plan for war with Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

LeBumDiggery.

Just who do we need to protect the British Water from?

Spanish Fishermen? Norwegian Whalers.

Ahhh I get it You actually spilling les planes des Guerres because you have been drinking too much Tennents up there in "Edinbourg". And really Short-arse Napolean II err I mean That self obsessed Bon Vivent Sarkozy is building up forces in Normandy for another go at Hastings.

Well you know what? this time we're wise, and we can buy eye protection at any boots, or crash helmets at Halfords. But we still as mad, bad and drunk as the we we're the previous times we saved you arses from German rule. At least then you had the decency to struggle. No it seems the French court is willing to bend over for a good whipping dominatrix style from Frau Merkel.

In the mean time us the and Dutch will be having some beers and waiting for the tears to start. You lot always were a bot effeminate, But at least at Agincourt you had the guts to face the arrow head on.

Merkel said the security of Europe was not guaranteed, I believe it. Now seeing as you are on the sacred Isle of Avalon, you had better be careful before you get arrested for being a Viche French spy.

We ready, and we don't need any ships around. if anyone wants to go, we are ready as always. always have been

edit on 26/2/2012 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Meh. Have a star.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Ahh c'est bon un Etoile. J'aime les etoiles!!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You english have single handedly wrecked this thread with your nonsense.

I hope you're embarrassed by your behaviors.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

No, it was wrecked the moment someone decided to cite the Sun "newspaper" as a credible source, and then a French expat decided to ask the question what is left to defend British waters, as if the "Armada" was about to come rolling in from the Spanish main. Really? what is this 1812????

This is a subject (potential war with Iran) far more serious than they slat you sir chose to take! but questioning the security of British coastal waters??

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Some years ago a very junior colleague of ours rushed into our office full of bluster about some outrageous story or other. When asked for his source, he replied he had read it in The Sun. Cue hilarity. The Sun is noted for bingo and t!ts. It is not noted for news. End of.

By the way, does anybody know the difference between a Frenchman and a piece of toast?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

In fact you're so clueless on the subject, you can't even correct me on the three type 42's i forgot about, one of which is on station in SCOTTISH waters (although gets paid off for good in a few weeks)(and is currently weaponless, having unloaded all it's munitions), one is currently crewless and out of service in Portsmouth and another is, funnily enough, in REFIT

My point was that we have no real need to defend our own territorial waters at present, no-one poses a realistic threat, the only thing we have to be guarded about is continentals conspiring against us....and we've always managed that quite easily.

There is no such thing as Scottish waters, Northern Irish waters, English waters or Welsh waters...it's United Kingdom waters, end of, despite what you may wish or desire and until such time that the Scottish people decide otherwise that's how it will stay.

Yet again you are deliberately spreading untruths in your normal efforts to undermine anything and everything English and to stir things up and provoke people.

Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

The Scottish Adjacent Waters Boundaries Order 1999 is Scottish constitutional law which defines the boundaries of the internal waters or territorial seas adjacent to Scotland.

In other words, Scottish waters. There's similar legislation for the other constituent nations of UK.

So. You're wrong again.

Next.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The Sun is about as trustworthy a news source as FOX News.

Both Murdoch empire news organizations. Both utterly useless when it comes to ability to confirm sources.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
So if 7 English Navy warships are in the gulf

And another two are defending or going to and from the iles Malouines.

With a guardship in the Caribbean to chase all those drug traffickers

What's left to defend England apart from the rustbuckets currently anchored in Fareham Creek ?

Well there is that Russian aircraft carrier parked off Scotland, perhaps the Russians will let us lend it for a bit
edit on 26-2-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The Scottish Adjacent Waters Boundaries Order merely defines UK Territorial Water which is adjudged in accordance with Scots Law and not English or Northern Irish Law.
All are three are seperate jurisdictions within The United Kingdom.

Whilst it may provide the basis for negotiation should the Scots vote for independance it still remains UK Territorial Water at present.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry but I suggest that it is you Sir who is incorrect, yet again.......and to be honest, I can't recall that ever not being the case.

So, why have YOU used this thread which was about the UK's alleged battle plan for Iran as 'reported' by The Sun as yet another opportunity to try and spread your anti-English bigotry?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Freeborn I wouldn't worry about it too much. When you come from this kind of lineage, you need to get your kicks where you can!

French Military History in a Nutshell Gallic Wars: Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian. Hundred Years War: Mostly lost, saved at last by a female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare - "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchmen." Italian Wars: Lost. France becomes the first and only country ever to lose two wars when fighting Italians.

French Military History

Just skip the statement of WWI and II. although they are funny! but not "inclusive"

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Pointing out the current inadequacy of the english navy, it's inability to discharge it's responsibilities without leaving England at risk is not being anti English.

It's a criticism that many people have. That the cuts started by Labor and upheld, even worsened, by the Conservative/LD coalition have emasculated the navy.

Is it anti English to say that ? Or only anti English when someone from beyond your shored says that to you ?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

No-one is more aware of the rundown of Armed Forces which begun under Thatcher and has continued with every other administration since, but that's not what this thread is about.

And by your continuous use of the terms 'English Navy' etc at every opportunity despite you knowing full well the correct terminology shows a total disrespect for those countless Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish who have, and continue to, serve within the UK's Senior Service.

Nearly every single post you make has an anti-English slant to it and you continually try to provoke a response from English members in the hope that they respond aggressively or contravene T&C so that you can offer this up as further evidence of English ill doing.

You again cherry pick your responses and refuse to acknowledge when you are proven wrong, as you repeatedly are.

So I ask again, why did you yet again try to derail a thread and turn into something it isn't purely to pursue an anti-English agenda?
edit on 26/2/12 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

OK LeBum

At your insistence of calling it the English navy. Who then in the case of invasion of Scotland by the Faroe Islands fishing fleet, who will defend Scottish waters?

Simple answer needed!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

............ and your point is?

I seem to recall from my history lessons that before a certain Corsican started getting above his station and stature that the Royal Navy at the time was in a similar situation as of now ......... and we all know who got their arses well and truly kicked ^cough^ Trafalgar ^cough^ Waterloo^

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

If someone invaded his beloved Edinburgh who would defend it?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Don't forget the Battle of the Nile!

2nd!! cough!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Easy the BRITISH army!

It;s one thing I wonder. how the scots plan to maintain their regiments if they vote for independance. I mean how can they aloow the likes of the Coldstream or the highlanders, or even the Black Watch to risk being disbanded due to lack of funding. Which is what will happen. They go on about oil revenue, but forget that the contracts are all signed and sealed, buy compaies registered in the UK., Which Scotland will NOT be part of!

Sad really

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I'm only accountable to the moderators, the admins & site owners. Report me if that is your desire.

But I say you're derailing. You and the other members of your anti french troll gang.

And you're derailing because you can't square the circle of the english navy having too many responsibilities and not enough ships. You can't defend the îles Malouines, take on the Iranians in Hormuz, protect East Africa from pirates, defend the Caribbean from drug smugglers AND maintain a decent naval presence in your own sea.

Instead, England now relies on he goodwill of others in NATO to cover your backs. The Americans didn't even want an English naval presence in Hormuz, so stretched are your resources. The French president had to beg the American defense department to let the English ships even join the international fleet. I didn't make that up, it was in one of your own newspapers.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I'm sorry if that is an uncomfortable truth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join